• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

League of Legends Champions for Smash

Which League of Legends Champion would you want to see?

• Garen

• Katarina

• Teemo

• Ahri

• Ryze

• Annie

• Ashe

• Ezreal

• Lux

• Yasuo

• Riven

• Jinx

• Miss Fortune

• Ekko

• Other

• Vi

• Lee Sin

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mapusaurus

Smash Apprentice
I mostly play Cho' Gath, because I'm a top lane main, but recently I've taken to using mages there too, like Veigar or Ahri. Not conventional or optimal, but it's fun so who cares. :p
That's pretty cool I mostly play jungles like hecarim or graves but i am getting decent success with tech like stridebreaker garen jungle and mobis ryalis mordekaiser jungly

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So I wrote up a potential Ahri classic, lemme know what you think:
Eh why not here’s my crack at Ahri’s Classic, may include some DLC characters (including one hypothetical) with a substitute if you don’t own the dlc
Run the Rift
(All characters are expies for certain LoL characters)
Round 1: KOS-MOS (if owned) or Purple :ultinkling: with a Steel Diver if not (represents Jinx)
Round 2: :ultminmin if owned, :ultsheik: if not (represents Akali)
Round 3: Giant Orange :ultmegaman: (represents Blitzcrank)
Round 4: :ultpichu: with Lip’s Stick (represents Teemo)
Round 5: :ultbayonetta: (represents Miss Fortune)
Round 6: :ultsephiroth: if owned,:ultmarth: with a Killer Edge if not (represents Yasuo)
Boss: :ultridley: (represents Baron Nashor)

Mapusaurus

Smash Apprentice
So I wrote up a potential Ahri classic, lemme know what you think:
Seems good, here's my take on a lee sin classic mode
Round 1: Giant :ultpiranha: (if owned) or Ivysaur (represents Red Brambleback) with the help of :ultinkling: and :ultrob: (represents Jinx and Blitzcrank)
Round 2: Metal:ultkirby: and a mini metal :ultkirby: (represents Krugs)
Round 3: :ultduckhunt: and five mini :ultduckhunt:(represents Raptors)
Round 4: :ultwolf: and two mini :ultwolf:(represents Wolves)
Round 5: Giant :ultmegaman:(represents Blue sentinel)
Round 6: :ultkrool:(represents Gromp)
Round 7: Rathalos (represents drake)

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Seems good, here's my take on a lee sin classic mode
Round 1: Giant :ultpiranha: (if owned) or Ivysaur (represents Red Brambleback) with the help of :ultinkling: and :ultrob: (represents Jinx and Blitzcrank)
Round 2: Metal:ultkirby: and a mini metal :ultkirby: (represents Krugs)
Round 3: :ultduckhunt: and five mini :ultduckhunt:(represents Raptors)
Round 4: :ultwolf: and two mini :ultwolf:(represents Wolves)
Round 5: Giant :ultmegaman:(represents Blue sentinel)
Round 6: :ultkrool:(represents Gromp)
Round 7: Rathalos (represents drake)
Oh, nice, a full Jungle path! Maybe you could adapt it to include the Rift Scuttlers, Rift Herald and Baron somehow? Having a final stage being a 5-strong team vs Baron would be a fitting way to end Lee's Classic, methinks.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
What could be some code names for some League characters?
Ahri - fighter_kind_vastaya
Yasuo - fighter_kind_unforgiven
Jinx - fighter_kind_fishbones
Ekko - fighter_kind_zdrive

I... can’t think of any others lmao 🤡

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
What could be some code names for some League characters?
Ahri - fighter_kind_vastaya
Yasuo - fighter_kind_unforgiven
Jinx - fighter_kind_fishbones
Ekko - fighter_kind_zdrive

I... can’t think of any others lmao 🤡
Ooh, nice! I think they're a little bit obvious, though, since they use really specific terms.

Personally I'd go with something harder to guess outside of context:

Ahri: fighter_kind_nine
Yasuo: fighter_kind_wind
Jinx: fighter_kind_powpow
Ekko: fighter_kind_replay

Bonus ones:

Lee Sin: fighter_kind_monk
Ryze: fighter_kind_rune
Lux: fighter_kind_rainbow

Gengar84

Smash Hero
I was looking through the cast of characters again last night and I honestly think I'd be happy with any of them. My friend is a huge League of Legends fan but I don't really know anything about it myself. From strictly a design standpoint, I think it would be cool to get a non human character in Smash for variety. Somebody like Kha'Zix, Cho'Gath, or Nocturne would be awesome but I don't know if any of them are important enough to the lore.

On a side note, does anybody else think Cho'Gath looks exactly like Vertebreaker from Spawn? I love Spawn character designs and Cho'Gath really reminds me of that.

This is Vertebreaker:
1609337339025.png

Mapusaurus

Smash Apprentice
I was looking through the cast of characters again last night and I honestly think I'd be happy with any of them. My friend is a huge League of Legends fan but I don't really know anything about it myself. From strictly a design standpoint, I think it would be cool to get a non human character in Smash for variety. Somebody like Kha'Zix, Cho'Gath, or Nocturne would be awesome but I don't know if any of them are important enough to the lore.

On a side note, does anybody else think Cho'Gath looks exactly like Vertebreaker from Spawn? I love Spawn character designs and Cho'Gath really reminds me of that.

This is Vertebreaker:
View attachment 297753
important to the lore doesn't really matter the frontrunners mainly aren't key characters in the story of league, if you want to see the lore necrit is a good youtube channel

3BitSaurus

Smash Master

This is Vertebreaker:
Lore-wise, it's a bit hard to determine who's "more important", mostly because League's lore follows several different plot threads at once and doesn't really have a set protag.

The biggest problems these "non-human" characters face imo is that they're either less popular than the human ones, are pure melee skirmishers/tanks (which means less leeway compared to the crazy **** some mages, assassins and even some supports can do) or have some mechanic that would either feel weird in Smash or is a nightmare to implement.

Take Cho, for one: I love him to bits and he's one of my favorite tanks to play, but then there's his growth mechanic with his Ultimate. To implement it in Smash, they would have to A - discard the size mechanic entirely; B - probably nerf his Ult to make it a regular special move, which goes completely against his playstyle and C - even if you focused more on his "mage" playstyle, there's still the problem with one of his spells being purely ground-based and Silence not existing in Smash.

Regarding nonhuman Champions, I think the most plausible choices, from a "could happen standpoint" would be Teemo and maybe Evelynn, if they could figure out a way to make stealth work at all in Smash. Which I do agree is a bit of a shame because there are a lot of good designs in there.

And about the Vertebreaker thing - it wouldn't surprise me. I mean, look at Talon - the man looks straight up like he came from Assassin's Creed. Then there's Lux, who is widely known to be based directly on Touhou's Marisa Kirisame. League is definitely no stranger to this kind of inspiration.

Mapusaurus

Smash Apprentice
Lore-wise, it's a bit hard to determine who's "more important", mostly because League's lore follows several different plot threads at once and doesn't really have a set protag.

The biggest problems these "non-human" characters face imo is that they're either less popular than the human ones, are pure melee skirmishers/tanks (which means less leeway compared to the crazy **** some mages, assassins and even some supports can do) or have some mechanic that would either feel weird in Smash or is a nightmare to implement.

Take Cho, for one: I love him to bits and he's one of my favorite tanks to play, but then there's his growth mechanic with his Ultimate. To implement it in Smash, they would have to A - discard the size mechanic entirely; B - probably nerf his Ult to make it a regular special move, which goes completely against his playstyle and C - even if you focused more on his "mage" playstyle, there's still the problem with one of his spells being purely ground-based and Silence not existing in Smash.

Regarding nonhuman Champions, I think the most plausible choices, from a "could happen standpoint" would be Teemo and maybe Evelynn, if they could figure out a way to make stealth work at all in Smash. Which I do agree is a bit of a shame because there are a lot of good designs in there.

And about the Vertebreaker thing - it wouldn't surprise me. I mean, look at Talon - the man looks straight up like he came from Assassin's Creed. Then there's Lux, who is widely known to be based directly on Touhou's Marisa Kirisame. League is definitely no stranger to this kind of inspiration.
technically ahri is a vastaya

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I looked at the rumor once again and it says word for word:
there is a League of Legends character coming to Smash
It did NOT say this pass...

Fingers still crossed for that third pass as there are 15 WoL slots total after PP, 8 of which have been filled...

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
I looked at the rumor once again and it says word for word:

It did NOT say this pass...

Fingers still crossed for that third pass as there are 15 WoL slots total after PP, 8 of which have been filled...
Hmm. I think it's really hard for someone to know about a League character in a third Pass this far in advance unless it was some sort of extended negotiation like what happened with Hero (Base Game -> Pass 1) and Steve (Pass 1 -> Pass 2).

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Hmm. I think it's really hard for someone to know about a League character in a third Pass this far in advance unless it was some sort of extended negotiation like what happened with Hero (Base Game -> Pass 1) and Steve (Pass 1 -> Pass 2).
If some characters were swapped around in terms of development it could be possible (Byleth was for sure meant to happen later, I’ll die on that hill. P sure Steve was swapped around too)

or, getting a peek at plans. Could also be an extended negotiation

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
If some characters were swapped around in terms of development it could be possible (Byleth was for sure meant to happen later, I’ll die on that hill. P sure Steve was swapped around too)

or, getting a peek at plans. Could also be an extended negotiation
Maybe so, but as of now, we'll have to wait regardless. Especially because this is, as far as we know, the last wave of DLC.

We should start hearing stuff again close to March.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
But yeah I can see League being an extended negotiation sitch ESPECIALLY if they’re trying to bring the famous music like the K/DA stuff, Pentakill, True Damage etc music in

also a thought

what would a League character’s final smash be? I’m thinking summoning the Rift Herald 🤔

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
But yeah I can see League being an extended negotiation sitch ESPECIALLY if they’re trying to bring the famous music like the K/DA stuff, Pentakill, True Damage etc music in

also a thought

what would a League character’s final smash be? I’m thinking summoning the Rift Herald 🤔
I still doubt we'd get those songs, but that said there is a reasonable enough precedent for content getting delayed with songs as a possible reason (Hero).

Hypothetically speaking, if LoL content was to be delayed, it would either be due to this or some business opportunity we're not seeing (like releasing closer to RK, for example).

As for a FS: most of the DLC have gone cinematic, so I'd expect a "team FS" with multiple Champions. I believe GolisoPower GolisoPower suggested something like that in his Ahri moveset.

Mapusaurus

Smash Apprentice
I still doubt we'd get those songs, but that said there is a reasonable enough precedent for content getting delayed with songs as a possible reason (Hero).

Hypothetically speaking, if LoL content was to be delayed, it would either be due to this or some business opportunity we're not seeing (like releasing closer to RK, for example).

As for a FS: most of the DLC have gone cinematic, so I'd expect a "team FS" with multiple Champions. I believe GolisoPower GolisoPower suggested something like that in his Ahri moveset.
Yeah, its pretty underwhelming how all of the final smashes are cutscenes, I wouldn't be surprised if they get cut in smash 6.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Yeah, its pretty underwhelming how all of the final smashes are cutscenes, I wouldn't be surprised if they get cut in smash 6.
It's a shame Final Smashes are really impressive visually, but functionally they're mostly just "press B, watch cutscene, opponent loses a stock if they're above 50%".

I wish we could get more in-game FS (probably one of the few people here who liked DK's old FS, for one), especially those with inputs - and dare I say, I wish they were reimagined so they could be tournament-legal.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Oh damn I just thought of a really cool Easter egg

if a League character wins a Spirit battle/Classic mode battle/WoL battle, instead of Xander Mobus saying “VICTORY”/“DEFEAT” it’ll be the LoL announcer

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Oh damn I just thought of a really cool Easter egg

if a League character wins a Spirit battle/Classic mode battle/WoL battle, instead of Xander Mobus saying “VICTORY”/“DEFEAT” it’ll be the LoL announcer
It does make sense, because Joker doesn't use the announcer voice either (ironic since they're both Xander Mobus).

It would indeed make for a cool easter egg.

EDIT: Xander voices Sett in League, so it would be the second time another series he dubs for makes it into Smash.

Last edited:

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Can someone explain to me why this thread feels adamantly about Ahri being the representative for League? I never would have come to the same conclusion, and probably would pick Teemo as the most "empirical" and representative character from the game. I know there is no obvious choice for a character from the game and one must be picked to rally behind, but I would still be interested in seeing this logic for Ahri.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Can someone explain to me why this thread feels adamantly about Ahri being the representative for League? I never would have come to the same conclusion, and probably would pick Teemo as the most "empirical" and representative character from the game. I know there is no obvious choice for a character from the game and one must be picked to rally behind, but I would still be interested in seeing this logic for Ahri.
To be fair, it's less that people are "adamant" about her chances and more like she's a really popular Champion that's had a lot of attention from Riot lately (whether via skins, a mini-rework or her presence in Ruined King) and has a moveset that seems easy enough to implement, really.

But it's not like any of us here consider her a "lock", most of us either just like her or are optimistic about her chances - which isn't to say other popular Champions like Lux, Ryze or Teemo don't have any, it's just that for one reason or another you can see a good chunk of people here who like her, but if you scroll back there's also those who think she's a boring choice. So it's definitely not an opinion held by the entirety of this thread either.

Mapusaurus

Smash Apprentice
I'm not too sure either, Ahri, while one of the more popular champions skinwise is more in a Vayne, Thresh tier I think Esreal or Lux seems likely from a riot standpoint with Lee Sin and Yasuo being the most played champs. I find it quite stupid that consistently the most played champion that could represent a brand knew archetype is so slept on speculation here often boils down to Yasuo, Teemo and Ahri

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
I'm not too sure either, Ahri, while one of the more popular champions skinwise is more in a Vayne, Thresh tier I think Esreal or Lux seems likely from a riot standpoint with Lee Sin and Yasuo being the most played champs. I find it quite stupid that consistently the most played champion that could represent a brand knew archetype is so slept on speculation here often boils down to Yasuo, Teemo and Ahri
You do have a point, but I gotta ask... where exactly are you taking this "consistently the most played champion" thing from? Lee was the most played Jungler in Worlds 2020, but he's not the most played Jungler in the current patch, much less the most played champion.

Personally, I don't think any champion can boast something like "consistently most played" outside of Worlds, because of how much the meta changes from season to season. And even then we don't have any statistics for it. So... where is this info coming from?

That said, Ez and Lux definitely would be frontrunners for choosing a League rep too. Hell, there's a reason even Riot memes about the amount of Lux skins - it's practicaly this fanbase's equivalent to "anime swordsmen", in a way.

Last edited:

Mapusaurus

Smash Apprentice
You do have a point, but I gotta ask... where exactly are you taking this "consistently the most played champion" thing from? Lee was the most played Jungler in Worlds 2020, but he's not the most played Jungler in the current patch, much less the most played champion.

Personally, I don't think any champion can boast something like "consistently most played" outside of Worlds, because of how much the meta changes from season to season. And even then we don't have any statistics for it. So... where is this info coming from?

That said, Ez and Lux definitely would be frontrunners for choosing a League rep too. Hell, there's a reason even Riot memes about the amount of Lux skins - it's practicaly this fanbase's equivalent to "anime swordsmen", in a way.
Top 10 Most Popular Champion Comparison (2014 - 2020) - League of Legends - YouTube here is a good comparative video, while it doesn't go into 2020 it shows over extended periods of time lee sin and Yasuo and the most popular champs especially around 2018 when the character would've been decided if there was one. Also this is quite anecdotal but Faker has gone on record to say that when he asked for an Ahri skin, riot rejected it as a zed skin would sell more

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Top 10 Most Popular Champion Comparison (2014 - 2020) - League of Legends - YouTube here is a good comparative video, while it doesn't go into 2020 it shows over extended periods of time lee sin and Yasuo and the most popular champs especially around 2018 when the character would've been decided if there was one. Also this is quite anecdotal but Faker has gone on record to say that when he asked for an Ahri skin, riot rejected it as a zed skin would sell more
Aaah, I see. Here's the problem, however: that data covers both Normal and Ranked games, but Ranked data will always be influenced by the current patch's buffs and nerfs (notice how Kai'Sa blasts straight to the top in the season she was launched in). Lee is one of those few champions whose kit has pretty much been reliable since at least 2014, which is also why he's credited as one of the Jungle's "poster children" - that's the primary reason he's up there. And even then I wouldn't call him "consistently the most picked", just consistently one of the most picked (for reference, he's 28th in the current patch, which isn't bad at all, really). I think you're conflating these things.

Regarding the Faker anecdote... I mean, I'd also say the same, because I'd wager most people know him for his insane Zed plays rather than from his time with Ahri. It's only natural it would sell more, because it's what many came to know him for. It's got very little to do with the champions and more to do with Faker being Faker.

EDIT: Ah, forgot one detail - the video shows Pick rates, but you also need to consider Ban rates in Ranked to get the full picture of that mode - such as Kassadin's infamous numbers and the fact that Zed is in a way higher position here than in Pick rate.

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Well there will likely be a new cinematic on Friday seeing as the season starts.
Well, we got a teaser today.

Few reworks and a new champion teased. Probably the Ruined King himself.

Here's something I'd like to propose to the people in here: how would your most wanted Champion play?

MasterWarlord MasterWarlord and Mapusaurus Mapusaurus : I'm particularly interested in your takes because of last week. Particularly because I have no freaking clue how Teemo's Guerilla Warfare and Lee Sin's Safeguard would be implemented in Smash, and they're trademarks for these characters.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

Here's something I'd like to propose to the people in here: how would your most wanted Champion play?

MasterWarlord MasterWarlord and Mapusaurus Mapusaurus : I'm particularly interested in your takes because of last week. Particularly because I have no freaking clue how Teemo's Guerilla Warfare and Lee Sin's Safeguard would be implemented in Smash, and they're trademarks for these characters.
Yo that Senna tease tho 👀

Mapusaurus

Smash Apprentice
Should be interesting.

Interesting that both udyr and shyvana are on the new rework pool, I wonder who is getting reworked after mundo. For me, safeguard would be lee's up b where he jumps onto a ward which depends on the direction imputed, if an ally is in the direction it would shield both lee and the ally giving some damage and knockback reduction a jump on a champion would be faster than a jump on a ward allowing for 2v2 insec plays. flash would also be in the move set as a one use per stock summoner spell.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
For me, safeguard would be lee's up b where he jumps onto a ward which depends on the direction imputed, if an ally is in the direction it would shield both lee and the ally giving some damage and knockback reduction a jump on a champion would be faster than a jump on a ward allowing for 2v2 insec plays. flash would also be in the move set as a one use per stock summoner spell.
Hmm, so you's place down a ward first and then dash to it? Could be interesting. Maybe you could get some good offstage plays with that.

I guess I just have trouble seeing the shield part of Safeguard being available only in doubles/teams. Then again, we do have a few characters that play different in singles, so who knows.

Can I support Heimerdinger here? I was recently reminded of my LoL days, which in an act of divine intervention, were cut short by my download of League crashing each time I wanted to boot it up
You sure can! And I know your pain...

amageish

Smash Master

DID I SERIOUSLY MAKE A SERAPHINE MOVESET AS AN ELABORATE ****POST WHILE HAVING NEVER MADE AN ACTUAL LUX MOVESET?!?

Okay, uh, I'll work on that soon...

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Think Wild Rift will go out of beta testing and hit consoles soon? Or is that still a while to go?
I don't think we know when that will release. But I'm willing to bet the mobile version will go live this year and the console will probably be shown at some point.

I do hope we get some news on the fighting game, the top-down one and Ekko's 2D platformer.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Top down... I’m assuming that’s not Ruined King

curious about the MMO they so casually announced too 🤔
All we have on that one is... literally a tweet.

Maybe we'll get a teaser on that, but I wouldn't count on it. From what I understood, it was in a really early stage of production. It's more likely we'll get some info next year - after Ruined King and potentially a few other projects release.

Top Bottom