• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

League of Legends Champions for Smash

Which League of Legends Champion would you want to see?

• Garen

• Katarina

• Teemo

• Ahri

• Ryze

• Annie

• Ashe

• Ezreal

• Lux

• Yasuo

• Riven

• Jinx

• Miss Fortune

• Ekko

• Other

• Vi

• Lee Sin

Results are only viewable after voting.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
couple of teases of two video projects I'm working on, both of which use some LoL music (KDA and True Damage respectively):

look forward to them when they come out, I'll link em here :shades:

amageish

Smash Master
I suppose. And it wasn't a western character, so League is still in the clear. Only problem is that as we approach the end of the Pass, the reveals tend to be "smaller", so itcould be bad for us in the long run.

I personally think RK looks amazing. I'm glad they're using LoL's mechanics and I love the artstyle. Definitely reminds me of Battlechasers.
Yeah, no idea. I'm honestly unsure about the logic behind this pass order on a lot of fronts... Like, I imagine it was awkwardly to be promoting the Pass on Min Min for months when the best-selling game of all time was sitting in their storage...

I think like 95% of it looks amazing; don't get me wrong. There are just a couple moments where people are in their turn-based fighting poses which made me... a bit underwhelmed.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I know it's super unlikely but like

if they included some of the popular alternate skins for the playable characters in Ruined King as optional alternate costumes, like Star Guardian Miss Fortune, K/DA All Out Ahri and True Damage Yasuo that would be kinda neat

not counting on it to happen tho

but most of all im wondering who else we'll run into in RK as NPCs. Lux? Jinx? Teemo? Ekko? Akali? maybe even Varus or Amumu?

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
I know it's super unlikely but like

if they included some of the popular alternate skins for the playable characters in Ruined King as optional alternate costumes, like Star Guardian Miss Fortune, K/DA All Out Ahri and True Damage Yasuo that would be kinda neat

not counting on it to happen tho

but most of all im wondering who else we'll run into in RK as NPCs. Lux? Jinx? Teemo? Ekko? Akali? maybe even Varus or Amumu?
I think Thresh and the rest of the Shadow Isles champions were soft confirmed. We could potentially see Graves or Twisted Fate, too. Not sure about anyone else.

And tbh I still wanna know what the hell Braum was doing in Bilgewater to begin with.

CHAMPIONX9

Smash Journeyman
I think Ahri is the most well known outside Lol bubble so I think she would be the one. She stands out in a crowd without any background info so would be good. The list was made by nintendo, but if the developers want something specific who do you think it would be?

amageish

Smash Master
I think Ahri is the most well known outside Lol bubble so I think she would be the one. She stands out in a crowd without any background info so would be good. The list was made by nintendo, but if the developers want something specific who do you think it would be?
I mean, I've seen people say Riven was based partly on Marth in Smash before? I haven't seen a source on that, but if it is true, then she could be a dev preference just to make things "come full circle."

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
I mean, I've seen people say Riven was based partly on Marth in Smash before? I haven't seen a source on that, but if it is true, then she could be a dev preference just to make things "come full circle."
She is. There's a devlog somewhere about it. That's why she has a multi-hit attack and a sphere-shaped shield move.

Come to think of it, she would probably have a Spirit fight as Lucina, if she isn't picked. Would be a cool reference.

amageish

Smash Master
She is. There's a devlog somewhere about it. That's why she has a multi-hit attack and a sphere-shaped shield move.

Come to think of it, she would probably have a Spirit fight as Lucina, if she isn't picked. Would be a cool reference.
Neat! That does make sense for sure.

That would be a super cool reference. It would be kind of funny if she was picked - as I think what we really need in Smash Bros is another way to to do Dancing Blade, given Marth/Lucina/Roy/Chrom/Mii-Swordfighter all effectively having it...

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Neat! That does make sense for sure.

That would be a super cool reference. It would be kind of funny if she was picked - as I think what we really need in Smash Bros is another way to to do Dancing Blade, given Marth/Lucina/Roy/Chrom/Mii-Swordfighter all effectively having it...
Think of it this way: who would get more salt - a character based on Melee Marth... or Yasuo? :4pacman:

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
neither: Teemo. :troll:

or if you REALLY wanna rustle some jimmies, Seraphine
I was literally typing "BRB making a Seraphine thread" as a joke. You beat me to it...

we get our first music/rhythm-based character in Smash and it's League
She'd make a great follow-up for Sephiroth, tbh.

Sometimes music hurts, you know.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Amazing edit haha.

I do kind of love Seraphine's quotes, honestly. Like, it's nice to remind your dying enemies that their songs and hearts are still lovely.

"Nobody can truly silence you, not even me."
Amazing.
Tbh, my biggest problem with her is the fact she doesn't fit too much in the Piltover aesthetic. You'd think she'd be more of an opera singer, considering their steampunk, Victorian-esque look.

Then again, she has some amazing potential for an Arcade skin based on DDR.

amageish

Smash Master
Tbh, my biggest problem with her is the fact she doesn't fit too much in the Piltover aesthetic. You'd think she'd be more of an opera singer, considering their steampunk, Victorian-esque look.

Then again, she has some amazing potential for an Arcade skin based on DDR.
Yeah, I definitely do get that for sure. She feels more like a modern-inspired skin for someone then a pop star from a steampunk community...

I hadn't thought of an Arcade for her, but heck yeah that could be amazing. I do hope they take the feedback on her to mean that they work hard to integrate better into the lore (which they have obviously been doing some last-minute tinkering with regarding the hextech crystals) and not, like, shove her into a closet never to acknowledge her outside of K/DA events again...

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Yeah, I definitely do get that for sure. She feels more like a modern-inspired skin for someone then a pop star from a steampunk community...

I hadn't thought of an Arcade for her, but heck yeah that could be amazing. I do hope they take the feedback on her to mean that they work hard to integrate better into the lore (which they have obviously been doing some last-minute tinkering with regarding the hextech crystals) and not, like, shove her into a closet never to acknowledge her outside of K/DA events again...
I feel like her initial lore had... a lot of unfortunate implications in more ways than one. she has potential, just fix her heckin lore and explain why she plays so similarly to Sona

3BitSaurus

Smash Master

Yeah, that's an unfortunate tendency of Riot sometimes. Took years for Aurelion to get his second skin.

I feel like her initial lore had... a lot of unfortunate implications in more ways than one. she has potential, just fix her heckin lore and explain why she plays so similarly to Sona
Poor Skarner didn't deserve this...

amageish

Smash Master
What, are you implying being complicit in a species' being wiped out is a bad character choice for a happy-go-lucky songstress who literally shouts Keneau Reeves quotes at people?

Yeah, uh, they could work on cleaning that lore up...

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
What, are you implying being complicit in a species' being wiped out is a bad character choice for a happy-go-lucky songstress who literally shouts Keneau Reeves quotes at people?

Yeah, uh, they could work on cleaning that lore up...
You forgot the part about using the remains of said species as an energy source to power up a city-state.

There is (or was) even a line she had for Caitlyn where she went like "your rifle really likes you!". :roll:

amageish

Smash Master
You forgot the part about using the remains of said species as an energy source to power up a city-state.

There is (or was) even a line she had for Caitlyn where she went like "your rifle really likes you!". :roll:
spits out drink

Wow. I didn't know about that line. Uh. Yeah.

The premise of her being able to hear songs in people and that extending to hearing voices of some sort in the gems is interesting to me, but I would hope her reaction would be more horrified and less... playful...

I still don't mind her though. I just hope she gets a little more TLC and they work on blending in her a bit more... Avoiding unintentionally making her look like a Villain - that's more Evelynn's thing anyway...

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Oh yeah I just remembered that there’s another LoL side game in development: CONV/RGENCE, featuring Ekko. We don’t have a release date for that yet tho, nor which systems it’s coming to. A Switch port would be a safe bet tho

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
apologies for the double post this soon (if it's after 24 hours it's usually ok, but I apologize in this instance) but AAAAAA NEW SONG AND I THINK WE'RE GETTING A TRUE DAMAGE COMEBACK HELL YEAH!!!

also apparently Pentakill's making a comeback with Rell and if the rumors are true she'd be portrayed by Amy Lee (of Evanescence)

WE EATING GOOD IN 2021

rip DJ Sona/EDM fans tho.... as an EDM fan im a bit sad too :c

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
Oh yeah I just remembered that there’s another LoL side game in development: CONV/RGENCE, featuring Ekko. We don’t have a release date for that yet tho, nor which systems it’s coming to. A Switch port would be a safe bet tho
Yeah, that one looked pretty cool. I think it was also revealed before Ruined King (by like half an hour at the same TGA, but still), so maybe it's not too far out yet?

We also still have Riot's "Open-World Game" and the fighting game, plus whatever other Riot Forge projects are in the works, as it's hard to imagine they only have two in the pipeline. Definitely seems like it'll be a good few upcoming years for League fans...

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
so if they are adding Rell to Pentakill, I hope they'd add a new member to True Damage too or at least a guest

like maybe... Jinx? I saw this awesome fanart of a True Damage Jinx concept and now I need my crazy rocket launcher girl rapping lightning fast in my life

also if any of y'all wanna add me (NA only) my screenname is DigiNeb (short for the name I'm giving my Twitch stream community, the Digital Nebula)

amageish

Smash Master
so if they are adding Rell to Pentakill, I hope they'd add a new member to True Damage too or at least a guest

like maybe... Jinx? I saw this awesome fanart of a True Damage Jinx concept and now I need my crazy rocket launcher girl rapping lightning fast in my life
Jinx is a logical choice. She's popular and marketable... Fits with the theme well enough. I could see it happening!

Also, uh, let it never be said I do not commit to a joke. Let's all look at the chaos that is... my Seraphine Smash Bros moveset.

As I think this has a ~0% chance of happening, I kind of went all-out in pumping her full of gimmicks and wasn't really thinking about things like "balance" or "would her central mechanics work on online as it currently exists." I mean, my serious (ish) movesets are already absurd, so this is just going further.

I hope you enjoy!

General Mechanics: Seraphine has cooldown on all on her down and side specials, in reference to the general mechanics of League and to prevent them being rapidly fired - and, pragmatically, to avoid her just buffing herself and debuffing her foes repeatedly. The cooldown meter is indicated by the moves having icons near her portrait.

She also maintains part of her passive, Stage Presence, where she collects four notes to gain range and damage to her basic attacks. However, in League of Legends, this is done by casting abilities near her allies. As she has no allies in Smash (without being in team battle), this seems to be a problem… but, thankfully, Seraphine can read peoples’ emotions, so she is truly everyone’s ally! Problem is that her opponents don’t know that yet, but that just means that she needs to inform them that they are her ally and she deeply cares about them… which she can do through her taunts! Every time a taunt is completed near an “ally,” Seraphine collects a musical note - gaining more if she taunts near more opponents. These spin around her and will expand her neutral attacks - her usual one magical spell can become a symphony as it is joined by extra notes, maintained by tapping the neutral attack button in a steady rhythm. Show the world what you can do~!

She does not maintain her echo ability, as I feel that’d be too OP in the world of Smash.

Neutral Special: High Note. Seraphine belts a high note, which fires forward as a magic attack. Like in League, it does more damage to opponents who are already at a high percentage. Strike them while they’re weak!

Down Special: Surround Sound. Seraphine sings a quick note, which forms a shield around her for a couple moments, slightly reducing damage. Once the shield disappears, Seraphine will have buffed movement, with this buff being stronger and lasting longer if she had been damaged while performing the move. Moreover, if she times it perfectly to block her attacker’s attack, then she’ll actually get a slight healing effect as well.

Side Special: Beat Drop. Seraphine fires a magical note out to the side. It damages enemies, along with slightly debuffing their speed for a few moments. If fired onto an enemy who is already debuffed (either by another Seraphine or an item like the Stopwatch), then it has a meteor effect.

Up Special: The Show Must Go Up. Based on the animation used in Encore, Seraphine belts a note as her platform rises up in a quick fluid movement, sending damage-inducing sound waves beneath her, similar to Robin’s up-special.

Jabs: Seraphine’s neutral attack fires one beam by default. It can be pressed repeatedly to keep firing the beams. As you build up music notes, these beams can be boosted to become multi-hit attacks that travel a longer range. She also has a natural rhythm to her attacks, with it being best to keep firing at a steady pace - A (or whatever button you use) rest A rest A rest, etc..

Smash Attacks: Encore. Seraphine’s ult turns into her Smash Attacks, which her charging up a powerful beam that fires out. As she’s a ranged fighter, this beam does not attract people to her like in the original game, as that would probably do more harm than good.

Aerials: Taking some liberties, her aerials all reference Dance Dance Revolution, like her mat is modelled after. She stomps down on the platform and an arrow fires out in that direction.
Like Bowser Junior, she loses her platform-dance-pad-thing (does it have a name?) when in free fall. This does make her lighter though, allowing for a slightly more controllable descent.

Taunts: In one, Seraphine waves and says “You inspire me!” In another, she does an excited two-arm cheer and declares that “You're all breathtaking!” In her third taunt, she just sits down on her board and poses mutely, so that people can use her taunt mechanic without verbally annoying the hell out of their friends.

Like Pit, she also reacts to being star-KO’d, dejectedly declaring that the “Shows not over…” Uniquely to her, she also has a chance of reacting to being brought back after being star-KO’d, musing to herself that she’s “Ready to sing again!”

Final Smash: Harominic Coordination. Similar to Mega Man, she fires a portal final smash that will toss captured opponents into a cutscene. In it, opponents end up standing in the middle of the rift, before being quickly surrounded on both sides. On one side, Ahri and Akali approach them and on the other they are caught by Evelynn and Kai'Sa. As they try to run into the Jungle, Seraphine emerges and they all attack the opponents at once, KO-ing at over 100% or launching otherwise. Uniquely, this Final Smash will change visually if she’s using her K/DA Superstar skin, with her allies also wearing their K/DA skins to match.

I may make a thread to store this moveset in... and because it'd be funny... but I may not. I don't know; let me know what y'all think!

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
I'll take a look at your moveset in a bit, amageish, because I'm at work rn, but I'll say in advance that one of Seraphine's taunts would have to be reactive - like, she could ask Terry if his dad had a similar tune, tell Lucas that his song is like sunflowers and ask Cloud what Aerith's music was like. :4pacman:

On completely unrelated news, we got Riven in LoR!

amageish

Smash Master
I'll take a look at your moveset in a bit, amageish, because I'm at work rn, but I'll say in advance that one of Seraphine's taunts would have to be reactive - like, she could ask Terry if his dad had a similar tune, tell Lucas that his song is like sunflowers and ask Cloud what Aerith's music was like. :4pacman:

On completely unrelated news, we got Riven in LoR!

I didn't give any custom taunts, but that would have been a funny idea... She does keep her most important character trait though: Quoting Keanu Reeves. Eat your heart out Cyberpunk 2077!

That is a really cool-looking trailer! I should play more Legends of Runeterra; I literally played the beta and then dropped it when the game actually, you know, released...

amageish

Smash Master

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Holy ****.

That is actually insane.

Like, if this one succeeds, even moreso than the fighting game and the RPG, League might legit become not just one of the biggest games out there, but one of the biggest media franchises out there.

Fingers crossed for its success!
Marvel: “the MCU is the largest most ambitious multimedia franchise in history”
LoL: “I’m about to end this mans whole career”

Gengar84

Smash Hero
I’ve never played League of Legends but I have looked at all the characters and a lot are really cool. My favorite is the purple bug guy (I don’t remember his name). I would love to see him or a few others.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Will do!

I’ve never played League of Legends but I have looked at all the characters and a lot are really cool. My favorite is the purple bug guy (I don’t remember his name). I would love to see him or a few others.
Purple bug... are you talking about Kha' Zix? Big cockroach-like monster with mantis claws?

Mapusaurus

Smash Apprentice
Kha zix would be cool but his isolation mechanic would be broken in 1v1s and olimar would be the main counterpick.

Top Bottom