• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

League of Legends Champions for Smash

Which League of Legends Champion would you want to see?

• Garen

• Katarina

• Teemo

• Ahri

• Ryze

• Annie

• Ashe

• Ezreal

• Lux

• Yasuo

• Riven

• Jinx

• Miss Fortune

• Ekko

• Other

• Vi

• Lee Sin

Results are only viewable after voting.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
If you asked me to predict the Champions that would be chosen for the first turn-based RPG League game, then I would have been very wrong! This trailer is interesting though; hopefully we see some gameplay sometime soon...

I guess we'll see if we get another set of Forge games announced at TGA this year, after last year...
True! Ahri and Yasuo were teased, and Miss Fortune was very much a given, considering the game is set on Bilgewater. But I expected Illaoi and Pike to show up as bosses or something, not party members, and no one saw Braum coming.

This will be interesting for sure. And yeah, I hope we get more news, especially for Convergence (Ekko's game). THe fighting game is still a ways off, so I wouldn't count on that. Maybe news for WR's console version? Would be nice!

One thing: we pretty much have a confirmation about the Ruined King being a champion in Riot's backlog! Necrit made a video on it:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
im watching the 2020 opening ceremony and...

wow that was disappointing, the only singer there was Lexie Liu (Seraphine), no audience visible (understandable tho due to COVID), they literally used the OG audio of MORE as opposed to a live performance (again, blame COVID), the CGI models felt a bit off... it felt... hollow

2019's opening ceremony is my personal fave and not just because I prefer True Damage the most, but the effects and sound mixing and even the Yasuo shouting ASERYO and cycloning the other dancers... P E R F E C T I O N 👌

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
im watching the 2020 opening ceremony and...

wow that was disappointing, the only singer there was Lexie Liu (Seraphine), no audience visible (understandable tho due to COVID), they literally used the OG audio of MORE as opposed to a live performance (again, blame COVID), the CGI models felt a bit off... it felt... hollow

2019's opening ceremony is my personal fave and not just because I prefer True Damage the most, but the effects and sound mixing and even the Yasuo shouting ASERYO and cycloning the other dancers... P E R F E C T I O N 👌
Tbh, it's pretty clear Covid has thrown a wrench into their plans. This year's Worlds was set to be the biggest yet and, if I'm not mistaken, MORE was supposed to be shown for the first time there as opposed to the Youtube video.

Shame, honestly. Let's hope 2021 brings better luck.

If anyone gets in, it's Ahri or Jinx imo. Granted, I'm not really a League player, but I am interested in the fighting game! I'd love to dive into the world's characters and lore through a game... I just am not into MOBAs.
I've seen quite a few people be excited for Ruined King and Convergence too. I'm hoping these three help build the fanbase into other genres and in turn generates more spinoffs.

I've said this before, but the alternate universe skins could span several spinoffs of their own.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Tbh, it's pretty clear Covid has thrown a wrench into their plans. This year's Worlds was set to be the biggest yet and, if I'm not mistaken, MORE was supposed to be shown for the first time there as opposed to the Youtube video.

Shame, honestly. Let's hope 2021 brings better luck.

I've seen quite a few people be excited for Ruined King and Convergence too. I'm hoping these three help build the fanbase into other genres and in turn generates more spinoffs.

I've said this before, but the alternate universe skins could span several spinoffs of their own.
True Damage comeback with Worlds 2021 in Japan so Yasuo can rap in Japanese please 🤞

amageish

Smash Master
And we've got another video...

A TGA debut would be cool, but seems unlikely at this rate of releases unless they take a few weeks off... I mean, obviously Ahri's lead song will be shown at the Game Awards and double as a Smash trailer; duh.

Also, Legends of Runeterra is nominated for best mobile game at The Game Awards! So that is very neat...

Darkerik

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-0563-4902-5513
And we've got another video...

A TGA debut would be cool, but seems unlikely at this rate of releases unless they take a few weeks off... I mean, obviously Ahri's lead song will be shown at the Game Awards and double as a Smash trailer; duh.

Also, Legends of Runeterra is nominated for best mobile game at The Game Awards! So that is very neat...
Riot has a couple of nominations I hope Riot can win one of those... I feel we will get something for smash... Maybe smash+league of legends?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
WHOA WHOA WHOA HOLD THE HECKIN PHONE

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=emb_title&v=vCFL3_QVPTs at 8:06 in the video. I’d post a screenshot but SB isn’t letting me

very curious choice of phrase and picture there, Riot...

UPDATE I FOUND THE TWEET
Wouldn't put any stock in it tbh. Riot references other games all the time, this is most likely just a shoutout to Falcon himself. Samira's Champion Spotlight had at least 4 or 5 Devil May Cry references, including a Devil Trigger namedrop.

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
WHOA WHOA WHOA HOLD THE HECKIN PHONE

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=emb_title&v=vCFL3_QVPTs at 8:06 in the video. I’d post a screenshot but SB isn’t letting me

very curious choice of phrase and picture there, Riot...

UPDATE I FOUND THE TWEET

I highly highly highly doubt that this means anything, honestly. Smash Bros speculation isn't an ARG and I doubt they would hint anything at all - and, like, if Riot was purposefully hinting at something, then I imagine Nintendo would be very unhappy with them.

I also doubt that a Riot games PR person would know if a character is going to be in Smash as, like, not telling PR people things seems to be Nintendo's approach to cracking down on leaks...

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Yeah, Riot's been known to be such big Smash fans they have a modded version of Brawl with LoL characters in-house. If a LoL character was making it in, they wouldn't make that tweet.

Anyways, I've been thinking: if a LoL character (Most likely Ahri) does make it into Smash, the only issue I can see is music, which AFAIK seems like trademark hell, much like the Square properties. Hell, even Steve couldn't get much music from the original game because of rights issues with C418. I mean, I don't know what the music rights is for LoL, but from what I've seen, there's not much unlicensed music to use to me. And I have no idea as to what the state is on the rights for stuff like K/DA or something. I mean, I'd love to fight K. Rool as Terry to Pop/Stars, but I'm a little unsure as to what the music will be in a potential League Challenger Pack.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Yeah, Riot's been known to be such big Smash fans they have a modded version of Brawl with LoL characters in-house. If a LoL character was making it in, they wouldn't make that tweet.

Anyways, I've been thinking: if a LoL character (Most likely Ahri) does make it into Smash, the only issue I can see is music, which AFAIK seems like trademark hell, much like the Square properties. Hell, even Steve couldn't get much music from the original game because of rights issues with C418. I mean, I don't know what the music rights is for LoL, but from what I've seen, there's not much unlicensed music to use to me. And I have no idea as to what the state is on the rights for stuff like K/DA or something. I mean, I'd love to fight K. Rool as Terry to Pop/Stars, but I'm a little unsure as to what the music will be in a potential League Challenger Pack.
Instrumental versions?
Pls I just wanna hear Giants in game 🥺

amageish

Smash Master
I imagine that vocal songs done by in-house with vocals by professional voice actors would be possible to lisence - so, the character songs. I imagine things with external guests and record companies involved would be... mildly nightmarish.

amageish

Smash Master
Cough cough

It's live in about an hour.

Really, at this point I'd be surprised if there was nothing LoL at TGA, considering the sheer amount of content in the past weeks.
I like all the dramatic Ahri staring... Makes sense for the story of the song; I just still find it mildly amusing how they tied K/DA's origin into Pop Star Ahri...

After last year, I'd be kind of surprised if they had nothing either. Maybe we'll get the next Riot Forge game announced? I imagine they have more of those coming up in the pipeline...

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
So two things: there will apparently be a K/DA related announcement on the 6th, four days before TGA. Really hoping this means something Riot Forge is coming.

Secondly, there has been a Pokémon Unite leak with the launch roster, as well as some details about multiple maps (!) and ranked modes. Interesting stuff.

amageish

Smash Master
So two things: there will apparently be a K/DA related announcement on the 6th, four days before TGA. Really hoping this means something Riot Forge is coming.

Secondly, there has been a Pokémon Unite leak with the launch roster, as well as some details about multiple maps (!) and ranked modes. Interesting stuff.
Interesting! Are you thinking it could be a K/DA forge game then? A rhythm game would obviously be appropriate, though it feels a bit early for a K/DA-exclusive one...

Also, where does one find these Unite leaks?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Random thought

isnt Tencent and/or Riot helping co develop Pokémon Unite? What if, if a LoL character does happen, it’s Nintendo’s way of thanking them for Unite? Idk, just a thought

and I just want like a teaser of a True Damage comeback already 🥺

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Interesting! Are you thinking it could be a K/DA forge game then? A rhythm game would obviously be appropriate, though it feels a bit early for a K/DA-exclusive one...

Also, where does one find these Unite leaks?
I'm thinking more along the lines of another announcement being close due to how Riot seems to be on a roll with them lately.

And the Unite leaks come from Twitter - apparently from a datamine. Saw a few Youtubers covering it.

Random thought

isnt Tencent and/or Riot helping co develop Pokémon Unite? What if, if a LoL character does happen, it’s Nintendo’s way of thanking them for Unite? Idk, just a thought

and I just want like a teaser of a True Damage comeback already 🥺
In a way, I do think Unite would be a big factor for that, but certainly not the only one. We do have to remember that Riot is getting stuff on the Switch, and League's legacy speaks for itself.

amageish

Smash Master
I'm thinking more along the lines of another announcement being close due to how Riot seems to be on a roll with them lately.

And the Unite leaks come from Twitter - apparently from a datamine. Saw a few Youtubers covering it.

Ah, fair as well! I definitely think that things are lining up for something of Riot, whether or not it is anything of note remains to be seen.

Interesting starting roster! I like the mix of obvious and unconventional picks, honestly. It'll be interesting to see how everyone plays. I personally like Gossifleur being here and am excited to try and play as them.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Imo we'll probably just get the in-game themes, but depending on how in-house the instrumentals for those other songs are made, we could see one or two pop up. Kinda like how we got an all-new rendition of the Psycho Soldier theme, which required new vocals.
I imagine that vocal songs done by in-house with vocals by professional voice actors would be possible to lisence - so, the character songs. I imagine things with external guests and record companies involved would be... mildly nightmarish.
the music credits for the K/DA songs and Giants all say " Produced by: Riot Music Team " so I imagine they own the rights. idk about Pentakill's music tho, and DJ Sona's is DEFINITELY off limits lmao

edit: Light and Shadow is owned 100% by Hiroyuki Sawano, so that'd probably be easier to get. hope we get Elma first cause X has Sawano music too

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
Welp. Smash character confirmed for TGA.

I have no real predictions for who it'll be honestly, but I do expect something League at the Game Awards.

I'm hoping for a rhythm game spin-off because I like those...

amageish

Smash Master
It is a good audience for League for sure, given how much of League's "Operation: Go from one game to full-on franchise" has been revealed at the Game Awards...

I'm not a very confidant person and think my list of plausible TGA reveals would be 150-200 characters long were I to make one, but if we have to make last-minute guesses: Final call for which champion you'd expect? I imagine it'd be Ahri with her Wild Rift design; I still like Lux subjectively.

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
It is a good audience for League for sure, given how much of League's "Operation: Go from one game to full-on franchise" has been revealed at the Game Awards...

I'm not a very confidant person and think my list of plausible TGA reveals would be 150-200 characters long were I to make one, but if we have to make last-minute guesses: Final call for which champion you'd expect? I imagine it'd be Ahri with her Wild Rift design; I still like Lux subjectively.
Personally, and all my League knowledge comes from warpenguin55 warpenguin55 so i could be wrong here, but it feels like a ruined king character is the obvious pick. I know Ahri is in that so ill go with her

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Personally, and all my League knowledge comes from warpenguin55 warpenguin55 so i could be wrong here, but it feels like a ruined king character is the obvious pick. I know Ahri is in that so ill go with her
I feel like it could be any of Ahri, Yasuo, Jinx, Teemo, Ekko or Lux. The first two are in Ruined King as well

amageish

Smash Master
Well. I guess this could be seen as a good sign for characters with mainstream relevance and attention that are ignored in the Smash community? Though Sephy + Min Min could be also seen as a sign this pass is filling in holes in the base game... Who knows!

I guess I should probably remove Moogle and Aerith from my profile picture...

I really like a lot of the look of Ruined King, but the combat animations definitely are a little bit underwhelming to me personally? I'm still definitely going to get it and parts of it look amazing, but there were a couple moments of "Oh" to me...

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Well. I guess this could be seen as a good sign for characters with mainstream relevance and attention that are ignored in the Smash community? Though Sephy + Min Min could be also seen as a sign this pass is filling in holes in the base game... Who knows!

I guess I should probably remove Moogle and Aerith from my profile picture...

I really like a lot of the look of Ruined King, but the combat animations definitely are a little bit underwhelming to me personally? I'm still definitely going to get it and parts of it look amazing, but there were a couple moments of "Oh" to me...
I suppose. And it wasn't a western character, so League is still in the clear. Only problem is that as we approach the end of the Pass, the reveals tend to be "smaller", so it could be bad for us in the long run.

I personally think RK looks amazing. I'm glad they're using LoL's mechanics and I love the artstyle. Definitely reminds me of Battlechasers.

Last edited:
Top Bottom