• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

League of Legends Champions for Smash

Which League of Legends Champion would you want to see?

• Garen

• Katarina

• Teemo

• Ahri

• Ryze

• Annie

• Ashe

• Ezreal

• Lux

• Yasuo

• Riven

• Jinx

• Miss Fortune

• Ekko

• Other

• Vi

• Lee Sin

Results are only viewable after voting.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
If there is ONE song in a music video I can see making it, it’s Light and Shadow - the 2019 Star Guardian theme - performed by Hiroyuki Sawano

which could mean good things for Elma from Xenoblade X or that Elma getting in could guarantee that song if she comes before the LoL character
Certain artists could probably be easier to negotiate with, that's for sure.

But then again, there's always the instrumental version of that song. :roll:

amageish

Smash Master
How would they handle LoL music if it should come to that? Aside from the default Summoner’s Rift music

would they use instrumentals?
I feel like most of the mode themes would be in, plus a couple character themes.

Strike a careful balance between which themes are iconic/popular and which ones would cost an arm and a leg to license, I guess... Using insturmentals is a good back-up plan, but I don't think they've done a non-vocal version of a vocal theme as the only option since, like, Bayonetta in Sm4sh? Correct me if I'm wrong though...

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
I feel like most of the mode themes would be in, plus a couple character themes.

Strike a careful balance between which themes are iconic/popular and which ones would cost an arm and a leg to license, I guess... Using insturmentals is a good back-up plan, but I don't think they've done a non-vocal version of a vocal theme as the only option since, like, Bayonetta in Sm4sh? Correct me if I'm wrong though...
Then again, we could also get just a small amount of instrumental versions. That's pretty much what happened with Steve - most of his songs are new arrangements, but there's only 7 total.

But really, if a LoL rep happened, I'm gonna be honest and say that having 6~8 songs wouldn't be that bad of a deal, tbh. Even if in my dreams I'd like all of the MV songs XD.

I’m now starting to think it might be Ahri specifically for some reason if they do include one...
Well, she's certainly been in the spotlight as of lately.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Then again, we could also get just a small amount of instrumental versions. That's pretty much what happened with Steve - most of his songs are new arrangements, but there's only 7 total.

But really, if a LoL rep happened, I'm gonna be honest and say that having 6~8 songs wouldn't be that bad of a deal, tbh. Even if in my dreams I'd like all of the MV songs XD.

Well, she's certainly been in the spotlight as of lately.
MV songs + Concussive for my dreams but Concussive is probably even more impossible 😭

I woulda loved to brag about EDM music getting into Smash tbh

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
MV songs + Concussive for my dreams but Concussive is probably even more impossible 😭

I woulda loved to brag about EDM music getting into Smash tbh
Hell, even discounting K/DA, we have Get Jinxed, Curse of the Sad Mummy, ALL of the Star Guardian themes, Vi's theme...

The presentation, Sakurai be like:

"We managed to get all of the League songs in their versions with lyrics. even though it cost me a kidney." (lifts shirt, showcasing a scar) "Literally."

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Hell, even discounting K/DA, we have Get Jinxed, Curse of the Sad Mummy, ALL of the Star Guardian themes, Vi's theme...

The presentation, Sakurai be like:

"We managed to get all of the League songs in their versions with lyrics. even though it cost me a kidney." (lifts shirt, showcasing a scar) "Literally."
Yo don’t forget GIANTS

Keke Palmer’s on that, that’d probably cost more than a kidney lmaoooo

Last edited:

Darkerik

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-0563-4902-5513
Since we're talking songs...

No particular reason, I just think it's cute.
Well yes they could add kda, pentakill, champions themes, etc, they have a lot of music from where to choose.

Feel free to vote here or add any champion

amageish

Smash Master
I think it would be amazing, especially for team battles. Could also feature "an ally has been slain".
That would be amazing. They could even maybe have a couple different announcer voices depending on how they handle alts...

It feels like a major detail that is very Sakurai-esque to include, given the kind of stuff they've done with DLC thus far.

amageish

Smash Master

I don't think I've seen this much arguing about a champion design in my timeline since... um... ever? Though that's maybe just who I follow...

Darkerik

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-0563-4902-5513
Yeah... I just came from a good 3 videos in a row basically calling her "better Sona".

Still want to try her out, but damn, that's definitely not a good look...
Sona is my main and is disappointing that yumi and this new champ use basically the same powers but better I mean they can rework Sona instead of copy her moves in other cutie Champs, but it's OK I guess they are trying to sale.... Anyway BTW I saw they added more Champs in the poll, feel free to vote them https://www.globalsmashroster.com/

amageish

Smash Master
Yeah, her kit resembling Sona so closely is... a bit alarming. I get that she's not designed for support in the same way and she'll have a bit more of a learning curve, but still... Hopefully playing her makes her feel more different.

I do kind of like her design though... Fun enough take on the idol archetype, as weird as it is to see an idol as a default skin.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Yeah, her kit resembling Sona so closely is... a bit alarming. I get that she's not designed for support in the same way and she'll have a bit more of a learning curve, but still... Hopefully playing her makes her feel more different.

I do kind of like her design though... Fun enough take on the idol archetype, as weird as it is to see an idol as a default skin.
Yeah. With Yone, at least him being somewhat similar to Yasuo made sense in context, not to mention his kit (his Ult in particular) was a reference to ideas the team had for Yasuo before he was implemented.

Sera has... none of that so far. As someone on twitter aptly put it... it looks like she was made with her K/DA skin in mind first, her kit second and her lore last.

amageish

Smash Master
Yeah. With Yone, at least him being somewhat similar to Yasuo made sense in context, not to mention his kit (his Ult in particular) was a reference to ideas the team had for Yasuo before he was implemented.

Sera has... none of that so far. As someone on twitter aptly put it... it looks like she was made with her K/DA skin in mind first, her kit second and her lore last.
It, um, kind of feels like the K/DA team conceived of her as a character and the dev team was half-way through a Sona rework, then the two teams figured "Eh, let's just kill two birds with one stone and keep vintage Sona around for people who like her as a newcomer-friendly character."

I do feel bad for K/DA fans though, as there are definitely some people blaming that entire project for this which feels... unproductive.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Welp there goes my Ahri trailer dream of a female fighter, like Zelda or Lucina, fighting Ahri and the end as I guess a gag she’s the temporary fifth member of KDA and they dance to an instrumental of The Baddest

little miss Not-Belle-Delphine here ruined it

maybe I’ll warm up to Seraphine eventually but I doubt it atm

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
It, um, kind of feels like the K/DA team conceived of her as a character and the dev team was half-way through a Sona rework, then the two teams figured "Eh, let's just kill two birds with one stone and keep vintage Sona around for people who like her as a newcomer-friendly character."

I do feel bad for K/DA fans though, as there are definitely some people blaming that entire project for this which feels... unproductive.
Pretty much. But it's hard to blame the devs completely when K/DA literally smashed all possible records when it came to popular events/skins.

Welp there goes my Ahri trailer dream of a female fighter, like Zelda or Lucina, fighting Ahri and the end as I guess a gag she’s the temporary fifth member of KDA and they dance to an instrumental of The Baddest

little miss Not-Belle-Delphine here ruined it

maybe I’ll warm up to Seraphine eventually but I doubt it atm
I mean, there's a good chance we'd at least get a K/DA reference in Ahri's trailer (probably involving the Squid Sisters AT). Along with Star Guardian, K/DA would feel too popular to be missed by the Smash team in terms of references.

amageish

Smash Master
Pretty much. But it's hard to blame the devs completely when K/DA literally smashed all possible records when it came to popular events/skins.
This is true, though I think its the devs' task to implement it well. I imagine most K/DA fans would have wanted a more unique/better-integrated Seraphine if they're going to have a character like her added into the game...

I just see a lot of arguring that feels a bit "We don't need to splinter the fanbase over this, everyone" to me...

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
This is true, though I think its the devs' task to implement it well. I imagine most K/DA fans would have wanted a more unique/better-integrated Seraphine if they're going to have a character like her added into the game...

I just see a lot of arguring that feels a bit "We don't need to splinter the fanbase over this, everyone" to me...
Maybe so. Then again, this happens literally every time in the League fanbase. I just hope Seraphine can be distinct enough on the Rift to earn people's affection over time.

Also, I literally just saw a brazilian LoLtuber's post asking people what they thought about "the Sona rework". :roll:

amageish

Smash Master
Maybe so. Then again, this happens literally every time in the League fanbase. I just hope Seraphine can be distinct enough on the Rift to earn people's affection over time.

Also, I literally just saw a brazilian LoLtuber's post asking people what they thought about "the Sona rework". :roll:
I mean, fair enough... I've definitely encountered more fighting then I've seen usually, but maybe people just really want something new to be about during the dark days of 2020.

Anyway... Turning to a happier discussion: What characters would people like to see be Mii Costumed from League?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I mean, fair enough... I've definitely encountered more fighting then I've seen usually, but maybe people just really want something new to be about during the dark days of 2020.

Anyway... Turning to a happier discussion: What characters would people like to see be Mii Costumed from League?
Jinx for Gunner, Ekko for Swordfighter and... idk who for brawler

3BitSaurus

Smash Master

If I had to pick three... then Vi for Brawler, Yasuo for Swordfighter and Jhin for Gunner.

blustach

Smash Rookie
Ok, I created this account so I can unload something that has lived in my mind rent-free. Another champion that could get into Smash and represent most of League elements.

Ready?

SYLAS HIJACKS THE STAGE

League of Legends is a 11 year game with 150 characters. Choosing just one is neglecting all of the other 149ish. Why not have a character who brings a bit of the whole LoL experience into the fray?.

PHYSICS:

As Sylas is a buff character (competing with Ike) he has to be slow, his chains drag him to the floor, making his jump lower and with lots of gravity. As a heavy, getting him off stage would be difficult, but once there, he has some trouble coming back again. However, most of his moves hit like a truck.

NORMAL MOVES:

• A = His AA animation, 2 hits alternating hands.
  • >A = A small knee kick, reminiscent of the animation when he connects his E in LoL
  • vA = Chain sweep.
  • ^A = Hits upwards with his chains, lots of range and maybe a sweetspot at the tip of the chain.
  • Dash Attack = A more heavy knee kick.

SMASH MOVES:
  • Side = Abduct. His League E. Sylas charges and sends his chains forward. If he hits someone, he dashes to them, hitting them a second time. Think of it like a command grab
  • Up = Kingslayer. His League W. Another command grab. Charges and grabs upwards. If it hits, Sylas slams the enemy into the ground, sending them upwards and healing a measly ammount (like 1%-3%)
  • Down = Chain lash. His League Q. Sylas slams his fists into the ground, making the chains do the same at his sides. No grab here

SPECIAL MOVES:
  • Passive = Petricite Burst. Yes, this is the first LoL mechanic here. Every time he does a Smash move or a Final Smash, even if they whiff, the next normal or air move he executes is replaced by a burst around him, dealing damage in a sphere. Also all of his abilities have cooldowns, and can be tracked by an icon over Sylas's damage.
  • B = Lee Sin's Sonic Wave. Sylas sends a small projectile into the air. It does almost no damage. if it hits, next time in a 2-3 second window, he will dash towards the enemy, ignoring terrain. Cooldown: 5 seconds
  • >B = Pantheon's Aegis Assault. He brandishes Pantheon's shield, gaining a super shield for 1-2 seconds, and then he slams it, with great knockback. Cooldown: 3 seconds
  • vB = Teemo's Noxious Traps. As a Teemo hat appears on his head, Sylas leaves a poisonous mushroom on the floor, that quickly dissapears. The mushroom stays for quite a bit, invisible. Enemies that come too close but don't touch the mushroom can hit it and destroy it, but a step closer and they receive poison damage that stuns them for a bit. Multiple traps can be left. Cooldown: 10 seconds
  • ^B = Darius's Decimate. Sylas takes out an axe, and spins a single time around. Behaves like a single hit Link's Spin Attack. Enemies hit by the tip take more damage and heal Sylas for a bit. On the air, it's not the best recovery. Cooldown: 3 seconds, cooldown not used if airborn.

AERIAL MOVES:
  • Neutral = A chain whip around him.
  • Back = Pokes with Fizz trident. The tip has a sweet spot
  • Front = Hits with Jax lantern. It can meteor
  • Down = An explosion using Fishbones, based on Jinx recall. If hit, he can extend his vertical distance a bit
  • Up = Orianna ball emerges from his body and hits upwards.

GRAB:
  • Grab = Sends out Blitzcrank Rocket Grab. Not usable on air as a tether recovery
  • Pummel = Simple, but slow pummel with his shackles
  • Front = Thresh's Flay. It can hit enemies behind Sylas
  • Down = Nautilus's Staggering Blow. Pummels enemy into the ground with an anchor. Kill potential
  • Back = Pyke's Phantom Undertow. Sylas dashes behind him a second, then the enemy gets launched in that direction
  • Up = Blitzcrank's Power Fists connecting upwards

TAUNTS:
All of them based on Sylas taunt, dance and laugh. His dance is infinite until he's hit or he movess. Also in good LoL tradition, spamming the taunt button cancels and reactivates the animation.

FINAL SMASH:
I can't decide between 2 options:
  • HIJACK = At the moment the Smash Ball is destroyed or at the point where he fills his meter, Sylas hijacks the nearest enemy Final Smash. When using it, his model turns into a blue version of them, using the Smash in the same way as them. Optional, but he can say a different phrase depending on whose FS he stole
  • NEXUS ATTACK = Sylas launches a single enemy into a cinematic FS. They're transported into the Summoner's Rift, on top of the Red Nexus. Then Sylas, along with 4 other LoL champions attack the Nexus, destroying it. If it was the last stock of his victim, the "GAME" displayer is replaced by the "VICTORY", along with the LoL narrator.

VICTORY ANIMATIONS:
  • Sylas uses his dance animation on loop.
  • Sylas hijacks "someone" out of screen and fires a Final Spark
  • Sylas gets free of his chain and with the momentum hits the camera

STAGE:
Again, 2 options:
  • SUMMONER'S RIFT: A stage that flies around Summoner's Rift. Without Hazards is a regular Tourney stage. With Hazards, it lands into various parts of the Rift, notable spots being the Baron's pit (destructible walls around it and the Baron makes an appeareance), Mid-lane, (with cameos from champions fighting in the background) Jungle, (jungle beasts around, and there's jumpable undestructible walls) and Nexus (a single turret protecting Nexus, if someone hits it or lands on it, the turret attacks)
  • RUNETERRA: A trip through various places of Runeterra. It starts in Demacia, in Galio. His arms move and change the shape of the stage. Then a Zoe's portal comes and take the fighters to the top of Mount Targon, with Aurelion flying in the background. An avalanche comes and makes everyone appear into the Howling Abyss, until the bridge cracks and they land into Bandle City, where there's small destructible buildings and Yordles in the background. Lastly, they get pulled into a portal and go to the top of Piltover's clock, with a chase scene of Vi, Caitlyn and Jinx in the background. An explosion occurs and the come back to Galio's Arms

Well, there goes it. Hope you like it!

Darkerik

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-0563-4902-5513
Ok, I created this account so I can unload something that has lived in my mind rent-free. Another champion that could get into Smash and represent most of League elements.

Ready?

SYLAS HIJACKS THE STAGE

League of Legends is a 11 year game with 150 characters. Choosing just one is neglecting all of the other 149ish. Why not have a character who brings a bit of the whole LoL experience into the fray?.

PHYSICS:

As Sylas is a buff character (competing with Ike) he has to be slow, his chains drag him to the floor, making his jump lower and with lots of gravity. As a heavy, getting him off stage would be difficult, but once there, he has some trouble coming back again. However, most of his moves hit like a truck.

NORMAL MOVES:

• >A = A small knee kick, reminiscent of the animation when he connects his E in LoL
  • vA = Chain sweep.
  • ^A = Hits upwards with his chains, lots of range and maybe a sweetspot at the tip of the chain.

SMASH MOVES:
  • Side = Abduct. His League E. Sylas charges and sends his chains forward. If he hits someone, he dashes to them, hitting them a second time. Think of it like a command grab
  • Up = Kingslayer. His League W. Another command grab. Charges and grabs upwards. If it hits, Sylas slams the enemy into the ground, sending them upwards and healing a measly ammount (like 1%-3%)
  • Down = Chain lash. His League Q. Sylas slams his fists into the ground, making the chains do the same at his sides. No grab here

SPECIAL MOVES:
  • Passive = Petricite Burst. Yes, this is the first LoL mechanic here. Every time he does a Smash move or a Final Smash, even if they whiff, the next normal or air move he executes is replaced by a burst around him, dealing damage in a sphere. Also all of his abilities have cooldowns, and can be tracked by an icon over Sylas's damage.
  • B = Lee Sin's Sonic Wave. Sylas sends a small projectile into the air. It does almost no damage. if it hits, next time in a 2-3 second window, he will dash towards the enemy, ignoring terrain. Cooldown: 5 seconds
  • >B = Pantheon's Aegis Assault. He brandishes Pantheon's shield, gaining a super shield for 1-2 seconds, and then he slams it, with great knockback. Cooldown: 3 seconds
  • vB = Teemo's Noxious Traps. As a Teemo hat appears on his head, Sylas leaves a poisonous mushroom on the floor, that quickly dissapears. The mushroom stays for quite a bit, invisible. Enemies that come too close but don't touch the mushroom can hit it and destroy it, but a step closer and they receive poison damage that stuns them for a bit. Multiple traps can be left. Cooldown: 10 seconds
  • ^B = Darius's Decimate. Sylas takes out an axe, and spins a single time around. Behaves like a single hit Link's Spin Attack. Enemies hit by the tip take more damage and heal Sylas for a bit. On the air, it's not the best recovery. Cooldown: 3 seconds, cooldown not used if airborn.

AERIAL MOVES:
  • Down = An explosion using Fishbones, based on Jinx recall. If hit, he can extend his vertical distance a bit

GRAB:
  • Grab = Sends out Blitzcrank Rocket Grab. Not usable on air as a tether recovery
  • Down = Nautilus's Staggering Blow. Pummels enemy into the ground with an anchor. Kill potential
  • Back = Pyke's Phantom Undertow. Sylas dashes behind him a second, then the enemy gets launched in that direction

TAUNTS:
All of them based on Sylas taunt, dance and laugh. His dance is infinite until he's hit or he movess. Also in good LoL tradition, spamming the taunt button cancels and reactivates the animation.

FINAL SMASH:
  • HIJACK = At the moment the Smash Ball is destroyed or at the point where he fills his meter, Sylas hijacks the nearest enemy Final Smash. When using it, his model turns into a blue version of them, using the Smash in the same way as them. Optional, but he can say a different phrase depending on whose FS he stole
  • NEXUS ATTACK = Sylas launches a single enemy into a cinematic FS. They're transported into the Summoner's Rift, on top of the Red Nexus. Then Sylas, along with 4 other LoL champions attack the Nexus, destroying it. If it was the last stock of his victim, the "GAME" displayer is replaced by the "VICTORY", along with the LoL narrator.

VICTORY ANIMATIONS:

STAGE:
Again, 2 options:
  • SUMMONER'S RIFT: A stage that flies around Summoner's Rift. Without Hazards is a regular Tourney stage. With Hazards, it lands into various parts of the Rift, notable spots being the Baron's pit (destructible walls around it and the Baron makes an appeareance), Mid-lane, (with cameos from champions fighting in the background) Jungle, (jungle beasts around, and there's jumpable undestructible walls) and Nexus (a single turret protecting Nexus, if someone hits it or lands on it, the turret attacks)
  • RUNETERRA: A trip through various places of Runeterra. It starts in Demacia, in Galio. His arms move and change the shape of the stage. Then a Zoe's portal comes and take the fighters to the top of Mount Targon, with Aurelion flying in the background. An avalanche comes and makes everyone appear into the Howling Abyss, until the bridge cracks and they land into Bandle City, where there's small destructible buildings and Yordles in the background. Lastly, they get pulled into a portal and go to the top of Piltover's clock, with a chase scene of Vi, Caitlyn and Jinx in the background. An explosion occurs and the come back to Galio's Arms

That is a really good moveser

Ready?

SYLAS HIJACKS THE STAGE

PHYSICS:

NORMAL MOVES:

• vA = Chain sweep.

SMASH MOVES:

SPECIAL MOVES:

AERIAL MOVES:

GRAB:

TAUNTS:

FINAL SMASH:

VICTORY ANIMATIONS:

STAGE:
Again, 2 options:

Wow. Congrats and welcome, that's a really interesting moveset it reminds me to Rogue or necrid from Sc. You should add Sylas into the poll https://www.globalsmashroster.com/#google_vignette

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
hey

what if True Damage made a comeback next year

and we have Yasuo actually rapping. In Japanese. and mans bringing the most FIRE RHYMES EVER

y'all weren't ready to hear his rappin in GIANTS that's why he was just dropping beats

just a thought after watching the new K/DA music video, especially hearing Seraphine sing in Chinese which was surprising

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
hey

what if True Damage made a comeback next year

and we have Yasuo actually rapping. In Japanese. and mans bringing the most FIRE RHYMES EVER

y'all weren't ready to hear his rappin in GIANTS that's why he was just dropping beats

just a thought after watching the new K/DA music video, especially hearing Seraphine sing in Chinese which was surprising
Honestly? It would be a great way of making him (and League) vibe with the japanese audience. Dunno how popular rap seems to be there, but the genre is referenced fairly often in media like manga, anime and games, so it's probably a good idea.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Honestly? It would be a great way of making him (and League) vibe with the japanese audience. Dunno how popular rap seems to be there, but the genre is referenced fairly often in media like manga, anime and games, so it's probably a good idea.
Japanese Rap is actually pretty popular, famous J-Rap group RIP SLYME did a song for the Japanese dub of the TMNT 2014 movie:

idk who raps at the third chorus (slightly deeper voice guy) but I imagine Yasuo's lines being performed by someone like him

I will not accept any other alternative

Darkerik

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-0563-4902-5513

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
wild rift will be available for switch? I loved the cinematic, loved Jinx, Teemo, Lux, Blitzcrank,

It should, eventually. Some job listings for Switch devs got found in Riot's database. Plus, with the Switch being basically a "play-on the go" deal, it's pretty much an obvious advantage to put WR there, of all consoles.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Turn based RPG too? :o
From the same studio that made Battlechasers, no less. They were hired by Riot to do this.

Also, for those who are here from League material other than... well, League itself: this trailer does a few throwbacks to Yone's reveal trailer (which ended with Ahri and Yasuo going to Bilgewater), as well as an in-game item - the eponymous Blade of the Ruined King, often shortened to BORK.

Maybe this is also teasing at a future champion...?

amageish

Smash Master
YOOOO

OUR FIRST LEAGUE GAME ON SWITCH OFFICIALLY GOT A TRAILER

AND GUESS WHO'S IIIN
If you asked me to predict the Champions that would be chosen for the first turn-based RPG League game, then I would have been very wrong! This trailer is interesting though; hopefully we see some gameplay sometime soon...

I guess we'll see if we get another set of Forge games announced at TGA this year, after last year...

Top Bottom