• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

League of Legends Champions for Smash

Which League of Legends Champion would you want to see?

• Garen

• Katarina

• Teemo

• Ahri

• Ryze

• Annie

• Ashe

• Ezreal

• Lux

• Yasuo

• Riven

• Jinx

• Miss Fortune

• Ekko

• Other

• Vi

• Lee Sin

Results are only viewable after voting.

SKX31

Smash Master
Bro, Nintendo is stupid if they let the ESports ball drop on this like they pretty much do with Smash and did with ARMS.

On the other hand, we have Splatoon and Pokémon itself as a precedent, so I expect good things.
Appears to be semi-unique from the other MOBAs (I'm getting birds-eye-Smite vibes as my first impression), so it might actually find its niche. It's going to be difficult to tell how well it'll fare, but it's likely to at least do decent. The focus on scoring points instead of destroying bases could help it stand out.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
I didn't expect to see a Pokemon MOBA. I'm slightly interested but I genuinely hope they don't do the stupid mistake of locking certain champs behind paywalls with no way of unlocking them through playing the game.

zferolie

Smash Hero
I should have expecting a pokemon MOBA when we heard Tencent was working on it.

It looks decent and unique, but really need to see a full battle without the cuts. Its like Smites Arena mode more focused on battling then capturing, which will be its unique niche.

For now, gonna stick with Smite itself. Its the main MOBA I play and have a ton of fun with it. I do Play LoL from time to time though, but I just don't like the top down click to move gameplay of it as much as smites more actiony one.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
You know, with Min Min's reveal I'm convinced more than ever that Ahri isn't a lock for a LoL rep. There will probably be some behind the scenes shenanigens between Sakurai and Riot to decide which character to add. I like Ahri and think she would be cool but I would pop off hard if it's Annie or Ekko.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
You know, with Min Min's reveal I'm convinced more than ever that Ahri isn't a lock for a LoL rep. There will probably be some behind the scenes shenanigens between Sakurai and Riot to decide which character to add. I like Ahri and think she would be cool but I would pop off hard if it's Annie or Ekko.
I mean, she was never a lock, because no character is. But I don't think her situation is comparable to Spring Man - even if "everyone is the protagonist", Springo is still clearly the mascot. LoL doesn't really have one fixed mascot to begin with.

And yeah, while I think Ahri would be the best choice, it would be really hard to make me not pop off. The only Champion that comes to mind in that case is Garen, and even then it's more because I don't think he'd be that unique in the context of Smash - at least compared to what others can bring to the table.

No idea if they can make someone like Ekko work... but if they do... great!

Last edited:

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
I mean, she was never a lock, because no character is. But I don't think her situation is comparable to Spring Man - even if "everyone is the protagonist", Springo is still clearly the mascot. LoL doesn't really have one fixed mascot to begin with.

And yeah, while I think Ahri would be the best choice, it would be really hard to make me not pop off. The only Champion that comes to mind in that case is Garen, and even then it's more because I don't think he'd be that unique in the context of Smash - at least compared to what others can bring to the table.

No idea if they can make someone like Ekko work... but if they do... great!
I already know Ekko would be a nightmare to balance for Smash, time warping in fighting games is quite busted.
But yeah in regards to Ahri she still seems like a likely candidate but I can totally see someone else getting in. Garen would be really cool, though I can already imagine Smash fans complaining about his sword, though I imagine Yasou would bring more salt to both Smash and LoL fans lol.

Still, I think I would enjoy any character that gets added, including Yasou and Teemo who are the bane of my soul in LoL. I just hope there's no months long guessing game because I do not want to get my hopes up for any of my favorites just for someone else to get added.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
I already know Ekko would be a nightmare to balance for Smash, time warping in fighting games is quite busted.
But yeah in regards to Ahri she still seems like a likely candidate but I can totally see someone else getting in. Garen would be really cool, though I can already imagine Smash fans complaining about his sword, though I imagine Yasou would bring more salt to both Smash and LoL fans lol.

Still, I think I would enjoy any character that gets added, including Yasou and Teemo who are the bane of my soul in LoL. I just hope there's no months long guessing game because I do not want to get my hopes up for any of my favorites just for someone else to get added.
Not just the time warping, but there's also his afterimage that follows him, which affects some of Ekko's skills. And as a former Teemo main, I'd love the little guy, but there's just no way that passive of his is getting into Smash intact. It would either be the most broken or most useless ability to get in the game lol.

Ngl, I remember seeing even LoL fans saying something along the lines of "please, anyone but Yasuo". That's how much salt he would generate. At least his kit would allow for some cool stuff.

...Also, off-topic, but I just realized how much sense Bard would make as a Spirit battle involving an Olimar with a Launch Star and Timers.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
I'd still say Ahri is the most likely.

She's been the most used Champion in terms of advertising and her kit's simple enough to implement. And imo, she could bring things that represent not only herself but League of Legends as a whole. Whether it be an XP System that gradually buffs her much like Frank West from MvC or the Summoner Spells that 3BitSaurus mentioned in the Ahri thread, she'd have to bring at least something universal from LoL to make her unique.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
I'd still say Ahri is the most likely.

She's been the most used Champion in terms of advertising and her kit's simple enough to implement. And imo, she could bring things that represent not only herself but League of Legends as a whole. Whether it be an XP System that gradually buffs her much like Frank West from MvC or the Summoner Spells that 3BitSaurus mentioned in the Ahri thread, she'd have to bring at least something universal from LoL to make her unique.
As of now, I'd still go with her, Lux and Ryze as the closest thing we'd have to frontrunners. Maybe Annie or Ezreal, considering they'll be in an action game next year, or Ekko if they can implement him. But Ahri is definitely in the top 3 imo.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
As of now, I'd still go with her, Lux and Ryze as the closest thing we'd have to frontrunners. Maybe Annie or Ezreal, considering they'll be in an action game next year, or Ekko if they can implement him. But Ahri is definitely in the top 3 imo.
If Ryze gets in then the Smash dev team should make sure to rework his moveset in every patch to follow tradition.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
If Ryze gets in then the Smash dev team should make sure to rework his moveset in every patch to follow tradition.
Even better: each of his 8 alts represents a separate rework, with different specials and attributes to match.

Also, give him 8 fighter Spirits, each with a different splash art image.

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
Yay Pokemon MOBA! It definitely looks mechanically interesting and I do like the choice of Talonflame as the random bird Pokemon rep. I'm interested to see where it goes and hopefully the current backlash will clear out eventually...

As for a League rep, this definitely does boost its chances slightly in my mind, as it does show the Nintendo/Tencent collabs have MOBAs on the mind...

I'm not sure how much Min Min's reveal shakes up speculation for what League rep it would be. I think League's also in the category of "Everyone's the protagonist," but without a consistent boxart character or a definitive giant in-game event to decide who is the most popular character... I agree with 3bit that Ahri, Lux and Ryze are my gut instincts, but really anyone could work.

Darkerik

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-0563-4902-5513
Personally I'd like to see jinx, ashe or even miss fortune, I think they are really popular and can be something original for the moveset as they only use guns and ashe bows with frozen arrows could be a moveset with these as min min with the arms... Not sure but maybe riot and Nintendo surprise us

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Personally I'd like to see jinx, ashe or even miss fortune, I think they are really popular and can be something original for the moveset as they only use guns and ashe bows with frozen arrows could be a moveset with these as min min with the arms... Not sure but maybe riot and Nintendo surprise us
Interestingly, we have very few characters with projectile-based normals. Only ones that come to mind are Mega Man and Villager/Isabelle. Even Inkling mostly uses projectiles only for specials.

I still think mages would rep League better, but I can't deny that an ADC sounds interesting.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Interestingly, we have very few characters with projectile-based normals. Only ones that come to mind are Mega Man and Villager/Isabelle. Even Inkling mostly uses projectiles only for specials.

I still think mages would rep League better, but I can't deny that an ADC sounds interesting.
I had this idea for Ahri's jab in my set where she just jabs anyone in range automatically with a fireball, targeting practically anyone within a certain radius. And if we're including XP as a mechanic for her, the jab would get stronger and faster with each level, just like in LoL. This would make an opportunity to implement kiting in Smash Bros. So yeah, Ahri would be probably another character with projectile normals.

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
So, a little game to pass the time: League has a **** ton of characters, but so far the most Spirits we got on a board was about 12 or so.

So here's the deal - pick 12 Spirits for the Board plus one Fighter Spirit! You can detail the fights if you want, but it's not necessary.

I'll start:
  • Ahri (Fighter Spirit)
  1. Garen (Novice, Defense) - :ultike: [The enemy's special attacks deal more damage; the enemy has armor and doesn't flinch]
  2. Katarina (Novice, Attack) - :ultsheik: [The enemy's special attacks deal more damage;]
  3. Teemo (Novice, Neutral) - :ultpikachu: [The enemy starts the fight with a Staff; the enemy occasionally turns invisible]
  4. Lux (Advanced, Defense) - :ultpalutena: [The enemy's special attacks deal more damage; the enemy will suddenly gain a Final Smash]
  5. Annie (Advanced, Neutral) - :ultvillagerf: [The enemy's fire attacks deal more damage; certain Pokémon will appear (Bewear); Items - Fire Flower, Pokéball]
  6. Ezreal (Novice, Support) - :ultpit: [The enemy's special attacks deal more damage, the enemy will suddenly gain a Final Smash]
  7. Riven (Ace, Attack) - :ultcloud: [The enemy favors special attacks]
  8. Fiora (Ace, Defense) - :ultlucina: [The enemy getts attack buffs after a while]
  9. Darius (Legend, Attack) - :ultsimon: and :ultrichter: [The enemy favors neutral specials; the enemy has lifesteal]
  10. Miss Fortune (Ace, Neutral) - :ultbayonetta1: [The enemy favors neutral specials; the enemy occasionally gains buffs to speed and attack]
  11. Lee Sin (Ace, Grab) - :ultbrawler: [The enemy favors side specials; the enemy's FS meter fills faster]
  12. Jinx (Advanced, Grab) - :ultinkling: [The enemy starts with a Steel Diver; the enemy's shooting items deal more damage; Items - Bullet Bill]

GolisoPower

Smash Master
So, a little game to pass the time: League has a **** ton of characters, but so far the most Spirits we got on a board was about 12 or so.

So here's the deal - pick 12 Spirits for the Board plus one Fighter Spirit! You can detail the fights if you want, but it's not necessary.

I'll start:
  • Ahri (Fighter Spirit)

1. Garen (Novice, Defense) - :ultike: [The enemy's special attacks deal more damage; the enemy has armor and doesn't flinch]
  2. Katarina (Novice, Attack) - :ultsheik: [The enemy's special attacks deal more damage;]
  3. Teemo (Novice, Neutral) - :ultpikachu: [The enemy starts the fight with a Staff; the enemy occasionally turns invisible]
  4. Lux (Advanced, Defense) - :ultpalutena: [The enemy's special attacks deal more damage; the enemy will suddenly gain a Final Smash]
  5. Annie (Advanced, Neutral) - :ultvillagerf: [The enemy's fire attacks deal more damage; certain Pokémon will appear (Bewear); Items - Fire Flower, Pokéball]
  6. Ezreal (Novice, Support) - :ultpit: [The enemy's special attacks deal more damage, the enemy will suddenly gain a Final Smash]
  7. Riven (Ace, Attack) - :ultcloud: [The enemy favors special attacks]
  8. Fiora (Ace, Defense) - :ultlucina: [The enemy getts attack buffs after a while]
  9. Darius (Legend, Attack) - :ultsimon: and :ultrichter: [The enemy favors neutral specials; the enemy has lifesteal]
  10. Miss Fortune (Ace, Neutral) - :ultbayonetta1: [The enemy favors neutral specials; the enemy occasionally gains buffs to speed and attack]
  11. Lee Sin (Ace, Grab) - :ultbrawler: [The enemy favors side specials; the enemy's FS meter fills faster]
  12. Jinx (Advanced, Grab) - :ultinkling: [The enemy starts with a Steel Diver; the enemy's shooting items deal more damage; Items - Bullet Bill]
Alrighty, then. Here's mine:

Ahri (Fighter)

• Cho'Gath
    • Novice Attack Primary
    • Opponent: :ultridley: (Tiny)
    • Stage: Dracula's Castle
    • Rules:
      • The enemy is attracted to food items.
      • The enemy gets stronger after eating.
      • The enemy periodically grows bigger.
      • Defeat the fighter to win.
    • Spirit Effect: Stats + After Eating
  • Garen
    • Advanced Defense Primary
    • Opponent: :ultike: (Radiant Dawn)
    • Stage: Hyrule Castle
    • Rules:
      • The enemy has increases sword power.
      • The enemy heals over time.
      • The enemy is equipped with a Back Shield.
    • Spirit Effect: Auto-Heal
  • Thresh
    • Ace Support
    • Opponent: :ultganondorf:
    • Stage: Dracula's Castle
    • Rules:
      • The enemy is equipped with Death's Scythe
      • The player occasionally has decreased movement.
    • Spirit Effect: KO Attack + (Increases the user's attack with every KO scored)
  • Ekko
    • Ace Attack Primary
    • Opponent: :ultpit:
    • Stage: Port Town Aero Drive (Omega)
    • Rules:
      • The enemy heals after a certain amount of damage.
      • Stopwatches spawn on the stage.
      • The enemy has increased dodge frames.
    • Spirit Effect: Stopwatch Equipped
  • Jinx
    • Advanced Support
    • Opponent: :ultbayonetta:
    • Stage: Moray Towers (Night)
    • Rules:
      • The enemy is equipped with a Super Scope.
      • The enemy is attracted to shooting items.
    • Spirit Effect: Shooting Item +
  • Yasuo
    • Ace Support
    • Opponent: :ultswordfighter: (Takamaru Wig, Ninja Suit)
    • Stage: Gaur Plains
    • Rules:
      • The enemy is armed with a Killing Edge.
      • Strong winds will occasionally blow.
    • Spirit Effect: Killing Edge Equipped
  • Ashe
    • Novice Attack Primary
    • Opponents: :ultcorrinf:, :ultfalco:
    • Stage: Summit
    • Rules:
      • The enemy is armed with a Freezie.
      • Reinforcements will sometimes spawn.
      • Defeat the main fighter to win.
    • Spirit Effect: Water/Ice Attack +
  • Teemo
    • Ace Mixed Primary
    • Opponents: :ultpichu: (Goggles)
    • Stage: Garden of Hope (Omega)
    • Rules:
      • The enemy occasionally turns invisible.
      • The enemy occasionally gains increased movement speed.
      • The floor is covered in poison.
    • Spirit Effect: Speed +
  • Miss Fortune
    • Novice Primary
    • Opponent: :ultbayonetta1:
    • Stage: Pirate Ship
    • Rules:
      • The enemy is armed with a Ray Gun.
      • The enemy had increased power to shooting items.
    • Spirit Effect: Ray Gun Equipped
  • Twisted Fate
    • Ace Support
    • Opponent: :ultsnake:
    • Stage: Gerudo Valley
    • Rules:
      • The enemy has increased dodge frames.
      • The enemy prefers to use projectiles.
    • Spirit Effect: Critical Chance +
  • Volibear
    • Advanced Support
    • Opponent: :ultdk:
    • Stage: Summit
    • Rules:
      • The enemy has increased physical attack power.
      • The enemy deals increased damage to already-damaged opponents.
      • The stage is electrified.
    • Spirit Effect: Physical Attack +
  • Nexus
    • Legend Support
    • Opponents: :ultkrool:(Giant), Ahri, :ultpichu:, :ultcorrinf:, :ultswordfighter:, :ultbayonetta:
    • Stage: Summoner's Rift
    • Rules:
      • The main enemy is motionless.
      • The enemy has increased attack overall.
      • Reinforcements will appear during battle.
      • Stamina battle.
      • Defeat the main fighter to win.
    • Spirit Effect: Double Assist (Starts the battle with two random Assist Trophies)

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Bro, the Nexus itself as a Legend Class is a universe brain move right there. I was originally thinking about Baron, but I wanted to represent as many Champions as possible. That's why I kinda went with Darius instead.

Hell, you could even represent five Champions that aren't on the board with that.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
So here's something that could be... good or bad, depending on how we look at it:

Usually, Smash reveals are frontloaded, meaning the "bigger" characters and fan requests tend to come sooner rather than later. This would potentially set the chances of a LoL rep higher as Challenger Packs 7 to 9 and decrease them drastically as we approach the end.

I also think announcing a League character closer to the end of the year would be a good opportunity to draw the attention of the main League fanbase. Before COVID, Worlds was set to happen close to the end of the year, so my best bets would be in the next two DLC packs.

What do you all think?

Oh, also, kevinthedot kevinthedot , saw you mentioning a League rep in the Speculation Thread. Just wanted to draw your attention to this place, since it normally takes time for people to even find it lol.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
So here's something that could be... good or bad, depending on how we look at it:

Usually, Smash reveals are frontloaded, meaning the "bigger" characters and fan requests tend to come sooner rather than later. This would potentially set the chances of a LoL rep higher as Challenger Packs 7 to 9 and decrease them drastically as we approach the end.

I also think announcing a League character closer to the end of the year would be a good opportunity to draw the attention of the main League fanbase. Before COVID, Worlds was set to happen close to the end of the year, so my best bets would be in the next two DLC packs.

What do you all think?

Oh, also, kevinthedot kevinthedot , saw you mentioning a League rep in the Speculation Thread. Just wanted to draw your attention to this place, since it normally takes time for people to even find it lol.
I mean, we have yet to see an announcement for Wild Rift for consoles, and it's supposed to release this year, so having it announced closer to the end of this year doesn't seem that farfetched. I feel like if we're getting a LoL character in Smash, it'd be announced alongside Wild Rift for the Switch, much like how Isabelle was announced alongside the then-untitled Animal Crossing New Horizons, or maybe even tease it before the character reveal, like Cloud being in FF Explorers on 3DS before being announced as Smash DLC.

kevinthedot

Smash Apprentice
Oh I saw it before, I just though the thread hadn't had a post in so long that I shouldn't bump it without something meaningful to talk about news-wise.

I mean, we have yet to see an announcement for Wild Rift for consoles, and it's supposed to release this year, so having it announced closer to the end of this year doesn't seem that farfetched. I feel like if we're getting a LoL character in Smash, it'd be announced alongside Wild Rift for the Switch, much like how Isabelle was announced alongside the then-untitled Animal Crossing New Horizons, or maybe even tease it before the character reveal, like Cloud being in FF Explorers on 3DS before being announced as Smash DLC.
Honestly I still don't get how they haven't announced it for consoles yet. I thought they had long ago with the first announcement and that the whole point was it was for mobile and consoles, but then I looked it up and realized they haven't said that yet.
They are starting small with the tests in only two less populated servers, so maybe they just wanna wait with the mobile version for a bit before announcing it for consoles? At the same time though, waiting means they'd probably line up with Unite and I doubt daddy Tencent wants them competing with each other so closely.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Honestly I still don't get how they haven't announced it for consoles yet. I thought they had long ago with the first announcement and that the whole point was it was for mobile and consoles, but then I looked it up and realized they haven't said that yet.
They are starting small with the tests in only two less populated servers, so maybe they just wanna wait with the mobile version for a bit before announcing it for consoles? At the same time though, waiting means they'd probably line up with Unite and I doubt daddy Tencent wants them competing with each other so closely.
Indeed. I think a joint announcement would be the best option for both Nintendo and Riot/Tencent. Especially because the overlap between fanbases seem relatively small.

Dunno why a Switch version hasn't been formally announced yet, but considering Riot hired Switch developers, I think it's a matter of time. I also don't see Pokémon Unite and Wild Rift competing too much... Unite seems to be made with the casual Pokémon and mobile audiences in mind, having a different playstyle to cater to them, while Wild Rift seems to strike a middle ground between LoL fans and a new, slightly more casual fanbase. I guess we'll see.

OnyanRings

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4662-0014-5533
My favorite characters amongst the Lol cast are the Yordles, but the odds of the funny little gremlins getting over the more popular "anime-styled" characters like Ahri or Lux are so slim, it makes me a little sad.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
My favorite characters amongst the Lol cast are the Yordles, but the odds of the funny little gremlins getting over the more popular "anime-styled" characters like Ahri or Lux are so slim, it makes me a little sad.
Yeah, I get it. It's kinda like the Nopon in Xenoblade, which are really iconic as a fantastical race, but tend to get supporting or comic relief roles.

I guess Teemo is the one that would be picked, but his chances don't look great. I hope he would at least get a Spirit battle, though.

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
So today we just had a livestream in the Game Awards' Youtube channel to showcase League's newest event, Spirit Blossom.

TGA seems to be giving more and more exposition to League - which in turns means Riot is really shifting gears to advertise the game to everyone they can. I don't remember another time where they would show these things in a full-on game show channel like this.

Also, on a sidenote, Yone's skills leaked as the upcoming 150th champion and, uh... who's up for Yasuo 2.0?

zferolie

Smash Hero
I wanna know more about the single player games in the LoL universe. I really tried to get into LoL, but i just cant handle that top down gameplay. I do enjoy smites style of moba a lot more.

amageish

Smash Master
I wanna know more about the single player games in the LoL universe. I really tried to get into LoL, but i just cant handle that top down gameplay. I do enjoy smites style of moba a lot more.
It'll be interesting to see how their story-based games go! I'm wondering how many people will get into them on the grounds of finding League's universe/character-design interesting, but not caring about MOBAs. It's interesting, as the MOBA community is kind of considered its own thing a lot of the time. I mean, just look at the Nintendo audience reaction to the Pokemon one....

I do like Smite a lot too though! But I also tend to like mythology things in general... Also RWBY.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
It'll be interesting to see how their story-based games go! I'm wondering how many people will get into them on the grounds of finding League's universe/character-design interesting, but not caring about MOBAs. It's interesting, as the MOBA community is kind of considered its own thing a lot of the time. I mean, just look at the Nintendo audience reaction to the Pokemon one....

I do like Smite a lot too though! But I also tend to like mythology things in general... Also RWBY.
A lot of them will come next year, too. I think the animation with Vi and Jinx' origin story, the one with Ekko and the RPG set in Bilgewater might come first, as they've been properly teased via trailers - some are even taking the ending of the last Champion teaser as a sign of things to come.

Meanwhile, the fighting game and the top-down adventure one (with Ezreal, Annie and Blitzcrank) might take more time.

Regardless, they open a lot of doors for exploring the universe. I've talked about this before, but a K/DA rythm game would sell like hotcakes, for one. Or a Star Guardian one. Maybe a beat em' up/ hack n' slash set in PROJECT/PROGRAM. The new "visual novel" mode they made for Spirit Blossom makes me think they'd be successful with that, too.

Maybe a stealth game-

...OH GOD, METAL GEAR TEEMO

GolisoPower

Smash Master
A lot of them will come next year, too. I think the animation with Vi and Jinx' origin story, the one with Ekko and the RPG set in Bilgewater might come first, as they've been properly teased via trailers - some are even taking the ending of the last Champion teaser as a sign of things to come.

Meanwhile, the fighting game and the top-down adventure one (with Ezreal, Annie and Blitzcrank) might take more time.

Regardless, they open a lot of doors for exploring the universe. I've talked about this before, but a K/DA rythm game would sell like hotcakes, for one. Or a Star Guardian one. Maybe a beat em' up/ hack n' slash set in PROJECT/PROGRAM. The new "visual novel" mode they made for Spirit Blossom makes me think they'd be successful with that, too.

Maybe a stealth game-

...OH GOD, METAL GEAR TEEMO

You know, I've been thinking of a few good ideas for some more games that can explore the LoL universe, too.

One idea I had is a turn-based or real-time strategy game revolving around Demacia, which could play into its military history. Hell, about 10% of the current roster is from Demacia, so there's potential. Another idea was a horror game taking place in the Void, where some of the champions like Cho'Gath or Kog'Maw can serve as the monsters. As to whether that'll be like Resident Evil, Silent Hill or anything else is up in the air.

God, now you got me brainstorming here.

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
You know, I've been thinking of a few good ideas for some more games that can explore the LoL universe, too.

One idea I had is a turn-based or real-time strategy game revolving around Demacia, which could play into its military history. Hell, about 10% of the current roster is from Demacia, so there's potential. Another idea was a horror game taking place in the Void, where some of the champions like Cho'Gath or Kog'Maw can serve as the monsters. As to whether that'll be like Resident Evil, Silent Hill or anything else is up in the air.

God, now you got me brainstorming here.
Between Demacia, Noxus and Ionia alone, there's more than enough material for a FE-esque strategy RPG.

And hey, the Void one could be done in classic Metroid style, with Kai'sa as Samus. People often forget how creepy Metroid is at times, despite not being a horror game.

Speaking of horror, know who else could have a short game? Fiddlesticks. Especially after his rework. Make the player trek through the woods with Fiddle hunting them and conjuring all sorts of horrors and fears. Since you named both RE and SH, it could be a great in-between when it comes to atmosphere!

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
I know this is pretty much triple posting, but I feel like I should share this with the people here: in a few hours we'll be getting a livestream on TGA's channel about "New Experiences in Runeterra" - implying it's more than just one game. Could be just an update on Legends of Runeterra, but I think we're also bound to get some Wild Rift news - maybe even that console release window we're hoping for.

Also, some news on the other spinoffs would be nice too. Except the fighting game, because the devs did warn us they would go dark for a while.

Again, none of this is related to Smash itself, but I thought I should share it regardless.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
How would they handle LoL music if it should come to that? Aside from the default Summoner’s Rift music

would they use instrumentals?

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
How would they handle LoL music if it should come to that? Aside from the default Summoner’s Rift music

would they use instrumentals?
Depends. LoL has a bunch of different modes that bring their own pieces of music (ARAM, URF, Dominion, Nexus Blitz), as well as character themes. The biggest question marks are the themes that involve lyrics - I relly doubt we'd get any K/DA songs just because there's actual singers involved so the costs would probably ramp up.

But as long as they stick to the songs that belong to Riot themselves, I think we could get some good stuff.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Depends. LoL has a bunch of different modes that bring their own pieces of music (ARAM, URF, Dominion, Nexus Blitz), as well as character themes. The biggest question marks are the themes that involve lyrics - I relly doubt we'd get any K/DA songs just because there's actual singers involved so the costs would probably ramp up.

But as long as they stick to the songs that belong to Riot themselves, I think we could get some good stuff.
RIP the DJ Sona songs too if I had to guess - one of them has The Crystal Method in it

Hahaha sobs

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
It does suck - several Worlds themes were made by actual bands - like the Imagine Dragons one.

But on the bright side, the character themes alone can provide us with several bangers.
If there is ONE song in a music video I can see making it, it’s Light and Shadow - the 2019 Star Guardian theme - performed by Hiroyuki Sawano

which could mean good things for Elma from Xenoblade X or that Elma getting in could guarantee that song if she comes before the LoL character

Top Bottom