• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

League of Legends Champions for Smash

Which League of Legends Champion would you want to see?

• Garen

• Katarina

• Teemo

• Ahri

• Ryze

• Annie

• Ashe

• Ezreal

• Lux

• Yasuo

• Riven

• Jinx

• Miss Fortune

• Ekko

• Other

• Vi

• Lee Sin

Results are only viewable after voting.

Morning Raven

Smash Apprentice
I guess I better write this before we get the offical 5th fighter tomorrow.

So I think Irelia is the best option for a LoL rep. For a few reasons.

First, I don't really want Ahri, even while admitting how popular she is, and how decently her league kit could transition into Smash (her and Yasuo I think have the easiest kits to bring over). And don't think I'm knocking the fox, I love her. She's the champ with my highest mastery. I main her when in mid lane. But I dont see how a fox girl, with a very Japanese esque attire works to showcase the style of LoL (yes, I know she's a Korean Kumiho, her outfit though is really similar to Japanese shrine maidens). Plus, shes a seductress and her classic look is a mini skirt with low cleavage. I really don't believe she'd get past CERO ratings.

Second, if I had to pick one champ to literally represent all of LoL and Runeterra, it would be Ryze. It's a fantasy world, and he's a mage, which would bring a solid magic user into the cast. He isn't from one faction but all of Runeterra. He is one of the original champions created and has been a big deal in the esports scene thanks to Faker. (Bonus: His VA is the same as Goku's). However, other than his autos, crit, and spells, I dont see how to properly give him a good kit. Yea, he could punch and kick when needed, but how realistic is that? And what do we do with that portal? Other than teleport the enemy into the rift's Baron pit for a final smash. I just don't see enough solid resources from the canon to make a moveset (at least with the current one, but I dont remember his old kits well enough).

With the assumption Ryze can't make a strong enough moveset, I think Irelia is the next best champ. She's fairly popular in solo queue and pro. She's been apart of the poster child group since her rework, even if not everywhere. Her blade dancer motif would provide a very unique style and could push her thematic even further. She has a very unique character design. Her armor is redone to match the modern Ionian visual thematic, and being covered would pass the CERO rating.

Faction wise, Ionia has the most number of champs, most of them being popular as well. Yasuo is probably the most popular, but he's a samurai, basically another anime swordsman, so smash fans will hate him just add much as silver players do. Plus, he's in exile in lore. Jax is popular, but also on his own in lore. Being a leader, Irelia has some weight in the lore, making her relevant over those two, Ahri and Lee Sin. Zed is important, but he's more so an antagonist, and is part of an internal conflict with Shen's order. Meanwhile, Irelia needs Noxus to explain her lore, allowing for more sections to be known.

Outside of Ionia, Garen and Darius are the big two from Demacia and Noxus, but the former is 'generic' while the latter an 'antagonist' again. Lux has a harder kit to translate, and Sylas is the enemy. Frejlord features the three sisters, but Ashe would be most likely picked, and an archer, while needed, would be hard to fit. Shurima would be Azir, but he isn't popular enough to use, as fun as his soldiers would be. Targon doesn't have a top iconic champ. Bilge water too is a bit iffy to pick. Piltover and Zaun have done very popular champs, but other than Ekko, they tend to be marksmen, meaning hard to make a smash moveset, and while I could see Ekko, I don't see him quite popular enough, in the top 30 though. Shadow Isles and the Void aren't popular enough sans Kai'Sa and I really don't want the new marksman poster child. (I don't see a marksman happening, except Ezreal for being like megaman and Pit being a model base, and Draven for being able to use his axes like melee attacks).

Now i dont have a full moveset planned out for her, but just some key sections. Final smash obviously being her ultimate. Down special being her W (and most likely a projectile reflector for balancing). Her mid air jump should be using her blades as footing. Most of her different autos go into her main jabs and such. The Irelia subreddit also recently found an unused attack animation that would work well for a down meteor smash. And any of the poses from her dance and recall can be used for missing attack angles.

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Whew, ****'s been weird post-Direct. Regardless...

I guess I better write this before we get the offical 5th fighter tomorrow.

So I think Irelia is the best option for a LoL rep. For a few reasons.

First, I don't really want Ahri, even while admitting how popular she is, and how decently her league kit could transition into Smash (her and Yasuo I think have the easiest kits to bring over). And don't think I'm knocking the fox, I love her. She's the champ with my highest mastery. I main her when in mid lane. But I dont see how a fox girl, with a very Japanese esque attire works to showcase the style of LoL (yes, I know she's a Korean Kumiho, her outfit though is really similar to Japanese shrine maidens). Plus, shes a seductress and her classic look is a mini skirt with low cleavage. I really don't believe she'd get past CERO ratings.

Second, if I had to pick one champ to literally represent all of LoL and Runeterra, it would be Ryze. It's a fantasy world, and he's a mage, which would bring a solid magic user into the cast. He isn't from one faction but all of Runeterra. He is one of the original champions created and has been a big deal in the esports scene thanks to Faker. (Bonus: His VA is the same as Goku's). However, other than his autos, crit, and spells, I dont see how to properly give him a good kit. Yea, he could punch and kick when needed, but how realistic is that? And what do we do with that portal? Other than teleport the enemy into the rift's Baron pit for a final smash. I just don't see enough solid resources from the canon to make a moveset (at least with the current one, but I dont remember his old kits well enough).

With the assumption Ryze can't make a strong enough moveset, I think Irelia is the next best champ. She's fairly popular in solo queue and pro. She's been apart of the poster child group since her rework, even if not everywhere. Her blade dancer motif would provide a very unique style and could push her thematic even further. She has a very unique character design. Her armor is redone to match the modern Ionian visual thematic, and being covered would pass the CERO rating.

Faction wise, Ionia has the most number of champs, most of them being popular as well. Yasuo is probably the most popular, but he's a samurai, basically another anime swordsman, so smash fans will hate him just add much as silver players do. Plus, he's in exile in lore. Jax is popular, but also on his own in lore. Being a leader, Irelia has some weight in the lore, making her relevant over those two, Ahri and Lee Sin. Zed is important, but he's more so an antagonist, and is part of an internal conflict with Shen's order. Meanwhile, Irelia needs Noxus to explain her lore, allowing for more sections to be known.

Outside of Ionia, Garen and Darius are the big two from Demacia and Noxus, but the former is 'generic' while the latter an 'antagonist' again. Lux has a harder kit to translate, and Sylas is the enemy. Frejlord features the three sisters, but Ashe would be most likely picked, and an archer, while needed, would be hard to fit. Shurima would be Azir, but he isn't popular enough to use, as fun as his soldiers would be. Targon doesn't have a top iconic champ. Bilge water too is a bit iffy to pick. Piltover and Zaun have done very popular champs, but other than Ekko, they tend to be marksmen, meaning hard to make a smash moveset, and while I could see Ekko, I don't see him quite popular enough, in the top 30 though. Shadow Isles and the Void aren't popular enough sans Kai'Sa and I really don't want the new marksman poster child. (I don't see a marksman happening, except Ezreal for being like megaman and Pit being a model base, and Draven for being able to use his axes like melee attacks).

Now i dont have a full moveset planned out for her, but just some key sections. Final smash obviously being her ultimate. Down special being her W (and most likely a projectile reflector for balancing). Her mid air jump should be using her blades as footing. Most of her different autos go into her main jabs and such. The Irelia subreddit also recently found an unused attack animation that would work well for a down meteor smash. And any of the poses from her dance and recall can be used for missing attack angles.
I agree with a lot of what you said, except the part where Ahri wouldn't get past CERO - the only reason Mai didn't appear was because she probably wasn't worth the effort to censor, being a stage cameo, but a playable character probably would. That said, I agree with the rest mainly the Yasuo part and like what you proposed for Irelia! I did enjoy my time playing as her in top lane, so I'm aware she'd make for an interesting character. Though to me, the part about her needing Noxus to have her lore explained can work against her, but it's not like Smash focuses on lore and character interactions, so... yeah.

For Ryze's Ult, the way I see it, its best use would be an up special, but teleporting people into his Final Smash or having a FS that sends them through different parts of Runeterra would be mad cool. Also I just realized that with ki-using brawlers, Akira Toriyama characters and his VA in Ryze, Sakurai would finally have put Goku in Smash... piece by piece.

If you'd like, I can add you to the Ahri thread and, if you ever make a thread or moveset for Irelia, be sure to share it here!

Morning Raven

Smash Apprentice
Whew, ****'s been weird post-Direct. Regardless...

I agree with a lot of what you said, except the part where Ahri wouldn't get past CERO - the only reason Mai didn't appear was because she probably wasn't worth the effort to censor, being a stage cameo, but a playable character probably would. That said, I agree with the rest mainly the Yasuo part and like what you proposed for Irelia! I did enjoy my time playing as her in top lane, so I'm aware she'd make for an interesting character. Though to me, the part about her needing Noxus to have her lore explained can work against her, but it's not like Smash focuses on lore and character interactions, so... yeah.

For Ryze's Ult, the way I see it, its best use would be an up special, but teleporting people into his Final Smash or having a FS that sends them through different parts of Runeterra would be mad cool. Also I just realized that with ki-using brawlers, Akira Toriyama characters and his VA in Ryze, Sakurai would finally have put Goku in Smash... piece by piece.

If you'd like, I can add you to the Ahri thread and, if you ever make a thread or moveset for Irelia, be sure to share it here!
Yes please, add me to there. I get how popular Ahri is and would like a league rep in general. I still dont agree she could easily get past CERO, since CERO is very finicky on champions wearing skirts. Like, Bayo is literally meant to be sexual, but she's still in pants. There's a reason Rosalina has her galaxy petticoat and Palutena has 3 extra inches sewn on her leg skirt. A miniskirt with low cleavage would be hard to censor and still be "accurate representation". Mai's animations and skin hurt her tremendously.

And by lore, I mean "young prodigy warrior who joined and turned a great battle to win a war, now a leader within her country" sounds more impressive and 'come play her game' than "fox lady who seduces men to steal their souls, overtime regretting she has to do so to sustain herself.". Not that it matters too much since trophy descriptions aren't a thing anymore, but still. Presentation backstory.

amageish

Smash Master
Yes please, add me to there. I get how popular Ahri is and would like a league rep in general. I still dont agree she could easily get past CERO, since CERO is very finicky on champions wearing skirts. Like, Bayo is literally meant to be sexual, but she's still in pants. There's a reason Rosalina has her galaxy petticoat and Palutena has 3 extra inches sewn on her leg skirt. A miniskirt with low cleavage would be hard to censor and still be "accurate representation". Mai's animations and skin hurt her tremendously.
If they, hypothetically, really wanted Ahri to be the rep, then I think she probably could be censored with tights without that much trouble. Mai's cleavage is kind of central to her identity and a censored Mai would inherently look bizarre, while I'm not entirely convinced the same applies to Ahri. Yes, she is sexualized, but I don't think people would say "Wait, is this that nine-tailed fox-person throwing orb-based magic Ahri, or someone else?" if her outfit was slightly less revealing.

That said, in a world where there are so many League reps and there is no definitive one, I can see them picking someone else just to spare themselves the redesign trouble.

Morning Raven

Smash Apprentice
If they, hypothetically, really wanted Ahri to be the rep, then I think she probably could be censored with tights without that much trouble. Mai's cleavage is kind of central to her identity and a censored Mai would inherently look bizarre, while I'm not entirely convinced the same applies to Ahri. Yes, she is sexualized, but I don't think people would say "Wait, is this that nine-tailed fox-person throwing orb-based magic Ahri, or someone else?" if her outfit was slightly less revealing.

That said, in a world where there are so many League reps and there is no definitive one, I can see them picking someone else just to spare themselves the redesign trouble.
Exactly. Which is why someone whose a skin poster child AND a lore poster child, would be more beneficial. Just avoid the frustration as a whole. Because Ryze's history with the game and lore should make him the top pick, but with everything else, I say Irelia is the most useful pick.

Not to say that others wouldnt be used. I thought of them too.
My choice of fighter being Irelia. Then with mii costumes of:

Garen (sword fighter)
Yasuo (sword fighter)
Lee Sin (brawler)
Vi (brawler)
Jinx (gunner) (specifically fishbones)
Ezreal (gunner)

Nice even 6, 2 of each kind.

And then the rest of the skin poster children and/or factions as spirits. So here would be Ahri, Lux, Kai'Sa, Ekko, Pantheon/Asol, Pyke, Darius, Ryze, (Jhin, Caitlyn, Ashe, Nunu&Whillump, Thresh), and a poro.

amageish

Smash Master
Not to say that others wouldnt be used. I thought of them too.
My choice of fighter being Irelia. Then with mii costumes of:

Garen (sword fighter)
Yasuo (sword fighter)
Lee Sin (brawler)
Vi (brawler)
Jinx (gunner) (specifically fishbones)
Ezreal (gunner)

Nice even 6, 2 of each kind.

And then the rest of the skin poster children and/or factions as spirits. So here would be Ahri, Lux, Kai'Sa, Ekko, Pantheon/Asol, Pyke, Darius, Ryze, (Jhin, Caitlyn, Ashe, Nunu&Whillump, Thresh), and a poro.
I think that may be going overboard on the Mii costumes, but who knows. SNK managed to get an above-average amount of songs, so maybe Riot could get an above-average amount of Mii costumes. Jinx having fishbones as a Mii gunner would be amazing...

Personally though, I would imagine having most of the poster children appearing as background stage cameos as a way to slide in the game, versus exclusively putting them as spirits or Mii Costumes.

Also, has anyone been playing Runeterra now that it's in a open-ish beta? How do people feel about it? I wasn't paying attention to it before now and am pretty impressed by how not-Hearthstone it is. Seems very well-designed for competitive play...

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
The thread has been inactive for a while, so I thougt I'd share something I thought about today: imagine if we got more League spinoffs, but they're based on the alternate universes? For example, imagine a turn-based RPG set in the Star Guardian timeline. Or an action game set in the Project/Program one. What does everyone think?

amageish

Smash Master
The thread has been inactive for a while, so I thougt I'd share something I thought about today: imagine if we got more League spinoffs, but they're based on the alternate universes? For example, imagine a turn-based RPG set in the Star Guardian timeline. Or an action game set in the Project/Program one. What does everyone think?
I think it'd be cool, though I feel like doing those before covering most of the main characters with solo games would be a bit of an odd priority. And given how many characters people have listed as League mascots in this thread... It would be a long while before they get through all of those haha.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
I think it'd be cool, though I feel like doing those before covering most of the main characters with solo games would be a bit of an odd priority. And given how many characters people have listed as League mascots in this thread... It would be a long while before they get through all of those haha.
True. Though, to be fair, it's not like we'd need one whole game per character - you can do it in an RPG a la Octopath or in an episodic game with different perspectives.

Regardless... I can't wait for more of these. I just imagined a K/DA rhythm game and a puzzle game with Poros. Poro Poro, if you will. :joyful:

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
True. Though, to be fair, it's not like we'd need one whole game per character - you can do it in an RPG a la Octopath or in an episodic game with different perspectives.

Regardless... I can't wait for more of these. I just imagined a K/DA rhythm game and a puzzle game with Poros. Poro Poro, if you will. :joyful:
That is very true. Actually, an Octopath-esque game would be very good for Demacia. I'd definitely play that.

Poro Poro is the best name for a puzzle game, though I feel like you'd have to collab with Sega to avoid being sued haha. I'm never the type to object to Rhythm Game spin-offs, though I feel like Sona could justify one pretty easily on her own.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
That is very true. Actually, an Octopath-esque game would be very good for Demacia. I'd definitely play that.

Poro Poro is the best name for a puzzle game, though I feel like you'd have to collab with Sega to avoid being sued haha. I'm never the type to object to Rhythm Game spin-offs, though I feel like Sona could justify one pretty easily on her own.
Yeah imagine an Octopath-esque game with one Champion from each region. Would certainly have my money.

Also, I have a feeling that a music game with Sona that doesn't collab with Hatsune Miku would be a ****ing crime.

1584489761287.png

Morning Raven

Smash Apprentice
Not gonna lie, I dreamt of a Star Guardian candy crush/ bejeweled game when the sailor moon one shut down last year.

I still want it. Though I wonder if little legends would theoretically work better. (Still rather have a SM Drops replacement though)

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
You know, I am kinda surprised by Darius kinda being the protag of the Legends of Runeterra trailer. Maybe its just because he works well aesthetically, because my god, this trailer is beautiful.

Bobthealligator

Smash Ace
I'm sorry guys but this leak is pretty obviously fake. Trials of Mana spirits and The Knight mii costume are two of the safest predictions a fake leaker could make. Also it's worth considering that we only have one non Japanese character and he was one of the most requested new additions for 4 games in a row.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Not counting the eggs before they hatch, especially because Mana seems to be a relatively easy guess compared to other stuff we saw so far. That said, it's nice to see League getting talked about in Smashboards and even nicer that this rumor has a kind of "kill switch" - the more time passes after the ARMS character launch in June, the least likely it would be true.

amageish

Smash Master
Welp. This is a surprise.

I don't think the leak can be trusted, as these sort of leaks have a "1000 monkeys typing on keyboards will eventually write an accurate Smash prediction" thing going on, but I don't think it's inherently predictable either. Mana is a third-party multi-platform game from a company often seen as hardfaced when it comes to Smash content.

I am curious how someone would have access to these three very specific details and not an ARMS rep though. Like, why would you know one spirit, one Mii costume, and one fighter if they aren't going to be coming out around the same time? How does Smash do its QA testing? Definitely makes an already-suspicious leak more suspicious....

regulus tera

Smash Apprentice
I'm sorry guys but this leak is pretty obviously fake. Trials of Mana spirits and The Knight mii costume are two of the safest predictions a fake leaker could make. Also it's worth considering that we only have one non Japanese character and he was one of the most requested new additions for 4 games in a row.
I feel like the bolded is some real historical revisionism. Most people weren't expecting any free Square Enix stuff due to the situation with Final Fantasy spirits.

M00NFIRE94

Smash Ace

I don't think the leak can be trusted, as these sort of leaks have a "1000 monkeys typing on keyboards will eventually write an accurate Smash prediction" thing going on, but I don't think it's inherently predictable either. Mana is a third-party multi-platform game from a company often seen as hardfaced when it comes to Smash content.

I am curious how someone would have access to these three very specific details and not an ARMS rep though. Like, why would you know one spirit, one Mii costume, and one fighter if they aren't going to be coming out around the same time? How does Smash do its QA testing? Definitely makes an already-suspicious leak more suspicious....
One can assume IF TRUE, it could be the next Direct being spoiled. The Mii fighter in question could show up same day as the Arms rep and the identity of the League rep is obscure because Nintendo's new trend is "the next fighter will be from [this series]!" because if corona delayed the first, it very well could've delayed all DLC so they have to do it like that now.

Bobthealligator

Smash Ace
I feel like the bolded is some real historical revisionism. Most people weren't expecting any free Square Enix stuff due to the situation with Final Fantasy spirits.
No one was expecting it, but it wasn't that far out there. DQ11S got the Tockles Spirit seperately from Hero's Spirit Board (at first) so there is precident.

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
No one was expecting it, but it wasn't that far out there. DQ11S got the Tockles Spirit seperately from Hero's Spirit Board (at first) so there is precident.
Idk if I'd call "You get a spirit if you buy a game" precedent for a full spirit event?

I mean, Square Enix is known for enjoying marketing, so it's not insanely shocking, but I'd say it's at least a "Oh, that was a slightly out-there and kind of lucky guess!" if fake. And it is probably fake, as the sheer number of fake leaks allow for someone to guess something right eventually.

SKX31

Smash Master

It's a really curious leak due to timing. What with Riot really likely to have something for the Nintendo Switch and all.

It'd also - as I've stated in the main thread - make sense due to a couple reasons: A) Riot's owner Tencent is Nintendo's partner in China. and B) It would come at a major sweet spot: Riot's expansion beyond the computer sphere.

However, the leak is still too dependent on stuff going its way for me to leap onto it. Not just Hollow Knight, but Riot's / Tencent's Switch plans also being related to Smash. There's no conclusive proof on either factor at the moment, nor strong hints.

amageish

Smash Master
It's a really curious leak due to timing. What with Riot really likely to have something for the Nintendo Switch and all.

It'd also - as I've stated in the main thread - make sense due to a couple reasons: A) Riot's owner Tencent is Nintendo's partner in China. and B) It would come at a major sweet spot: Riot's expansion beyond the computer sphere.

However, the leak is still too dependent on stuff going its way for me to leap onto it. Not just Hollow Knight, but Riot's / Tencent's Switch plans also being related to Smash. There's no conclusive proof on either factor at the moment, nor strong hints.
Yes, that is true, but also one imagines a hypothetical fake leaker would know those things and could have considered them while deciding to fake this leak.

I do think a League rep is a dark horse that could happen, but I'm not willing to buy into this Leak of Legends (heh) right now.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
K so

hypothetically

if we did get a LoL character and they came bundled with an Echo, which character-Echo combinations would work? One or both characters being a more popular Champion choice helps

just for research

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
I dabbled in League back in the day. Took so many hours of my life that I just cannot go back to it. Most of my characters were Mid Lane Nukes and MP heavy supports/top laners (Anivia, Veigar, Nautilus, Singed, Sona, Amumu etc)

Anivia was my favorite character that I can recall. I put the most time into her. Fairly unlikely she would be the character chosen to represent League of Legends, but I still would love to see some kind of background appearance/spirit battle involving her.

Anivia_0.jpg

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
K so

hypothetically

if we did get a LoL character and they came bundled with an Echo, which character-Echo combinations would work? One or both characters being a more popular Champion choice helps

just for research
I... really, really don't see any LoL character being an echo of another. They're made to play in such vastly different ways and have their kits differ from each other so much that making any two champions Echoes would be a character assassination several times worse than they did with Ganondorf or Dark Samus imo.

I dabbled in League back in the day. Took so many hours of my life that I just cannot go back to it. Most of my characters were Mid Lane Nukes and MP heavy supports/top laners (Anivia, Veigar, Nautilus, Singed, Sona, Amumu etc)

Anivia was my favorite character that I can recall. I put the most time into her. Fairly unlikely she would be the character chosen to represent League of Legends, but I still would love to see some kind of background appearance/spirit battle involving her.
Veigar is love, Veigar is life. Part of me likes him just because of his Final Boss and Skull Kid Elderwood skins.

I'm a top lane main, so most of my favorites either have mechanics unfit for Smash (Cho'Gath, Teemo) or sound kinda boring in the context of Smash (Nasus), in my opinion.

So I'd rather have a mid lane mage champ as the League rep in Smash, I think that's fair.

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
K so

hypothetically

just for research
I'm guessing people are speculating on fighter-echo combos because of ARMS?

The only thing that I can imagine working is having a comestic skin as an echo fighter. It'd be kind of weird, as you could make a skin just a... skin, but League skins often have all-new animations and voice lines which could be enough for an echo fighter - especially as some of them change the methods of attacking, which could change their properties if in Smash (ex/ if a character has a skin that has them more magic instead of less technology-based attacks).

So, like, if Ahri gets in the game, then you could have Star Guardian Ahri as an echo fighter. Or K/DA Ahri... or Battle Academy Ahri. Ahri, uh, has a lot of popular skins.

It's definitely a stretch, but it's certainly doable. And what'd be more accurate League of Legends representation then charging extra for comestic skins?

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
I'm guessing people are speculating on fighter-echo combos because of ARMS?

The only thing that I can imagine working is having a comestic skin as an echo fighter. It'd be kind of weird, as you could make a skin just a... skin, but League skins often have all-new animations and voice lines which could be enough for an echo fighter - especially as some of them change the methods of attacking, which could change their properties if in Smash (ex/ if a character has a skin that has them more magic instead of less technology-based attacks).

So, like, if Ahri gets in the game, then you could have Star Guardian Ahri as an echo fighter. Or K/DA Ahri... or Battle Academy Ahri. Ahri, uh, has a lot of popular skins.

It's definitely a stretch, but it's certainly doable. And what'd be more accurate League of Legends representation then charging extra for comestic skins?
Not sure if I can see this happening, but it would definitely be weird if a League rep didn't come with at least some palette swap representing their alternate skins.

amageish

Smash Master
Not sure if I can see this happening, but it would definitely be weird if a League rep didn't come with at least some palette swap representing their alternate skins.
Yes, agreed. This is really only if they are doing some sort of echo gimmick for the pass. It'd make much more sense for alternate skins to be... skins. The only ones that I could see logically getting an echo treatment would be ones like, for example, Super Galaxy Annie. I can imagine that robot Tibbers would have different properties then a plush version.

I'm not convinced we're getting echoes at all though, but maybe I'm just a pessimist.

Last edited:

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
I... really, really don't see any LoL character being an echo of another. They're made to play in such vastly different ways and have their kits differ from each other so much that making any two champions Echoes would be a character assassination several times worse than they did with Ganondorf or Dark Samus imo.

Veigar is love, Veigar is life. Part of me likes him just because of his Final Boss and Skull Kid Elderwood skins.

I'm a top lane main, so most of my favorites either have mechanics unfit for Smash (Cho'Gath, Teemo) or sound kinda boring in the context of Smash (Nasus), in my opinion.

So I'd rather have a mid lane mage champ as the League rep in Smash, I think that's fair.
Playing against Cho was a biozard level experience. But man, you know he would be featured as an awesome spirit in one way or another.

VS Ridley then VS Bigger Ridley > VS Giant Ridley > VS Giant Metal Ridley (The HexTech one) stamina battle grind

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Posted this on the Ahri thread, but here's a trailer for that character I made:

*Cross flair intro*

The stage begins with a jungle landscape, where Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Banjo & Kazooie, Lucario, and Fox are cautiously searching for something to take out Galeem. Inside the bushes, a good ways away, a mischievous pair of glowing yellow eyes peer at the six intruders before disappearing. After a while of trekking, the group arrives at a strange encampment, with a massive red crystal smack dab in the middle. Curious, they look around as to what they'll find. Banjo takes in the sights until something bumps at his leg. He looks down, and sees a red-hooded warrior half his size and carrying an axe trying to damage him...but unsuccessfully. Kazooie pokes out and angrily squawks at the warrior to scare him off but to no avail. Kazooie then flaps her wings at him, but no dice. Kazooie, now understandably angry at the situation, then jumps out of the backpack and starts angrily pecking at him. Banjo tries to stop Kazooie as she gives the little warrior a face full of her beak, much to the immense exasperation of their teammates. Just then, Lucario detects a mischievous aura and manages to strike an orb of blue energy flying towards him with a Force Palm. The orb flies back until a clawed hand grabs hold of it. A new figure comes out: a beautiful red-clad lady with nine bushy tails and flowing black hair, a mischievous grin on her face.

"Well, well, well," says the woman, a sultry voice escaping her lips as she slowly struts towards the Fighters. "What do we have here?"

Donkey Kong clenches his fists. Diddy Kong takes out two popguns. Kazooie jumps back into Banjo's backpack with a glare towards the tailed lady as he takes out his own claws. Lucario assumes a combat stance, his glare never faltering. Fox takes out his Blaster and aims it at her. A wry chuckle escapes her lips.

"No need to be so tense, everyone," she says as she whirls the orb in her hands. "Come on; Don't you trust me?"

AHRI Gets Foxy!

The Nine-Tailed Fox gets an answer in the form of an Aura Sphere which she gracefully evades. She looks back up and flashes a pair of thin fangs before charging towards her foes. The trailer then cuts to Ahri in the Smash engine, her tails swaying as she holds the Orb of Deception in her hands. It then shows her moveset, which is based on her appearance in League of Legends, keeping the effects of her specials and all. It then shows her XP system, which allows her to upgrade her Specials after gaining enough XP, as shown by when it shows the difference between her unleveled and leveled versions of her Charm special. The stage is then shown to be Summoner's Rift, where armies come from both sides and attack alongside the fighters. It then shows Wario come up to a large bovine creature with a smaller rodent using its tail as a counter. Wario stops for a moment, takes out tosses gold at the shop, and immediately equips himself with an Ore Club before running off. Ahri's Final Smash is then shown, as she strikes Fox, Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Banjo & Kazooie, and Lucario with a powered-up Spirit Rush. They are then caught in the crossfire of Ahri, Jinx, Yasuo, Teemo, and Ashe laying waste to a base before Ahri shoots a final Orb of Deception that strikes the Nexus and causes it to explode, the blast enveloping the other Fighters.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate X League of Legends

The fighters are lying on the ground, tired and beaten up by Ahri's trickery and magic. Ahri, who surveys the aftermath of the battle, then smiles a little bit before running off out of the base. She looks back at the six before parting final words:

"Don't you worry, everyone. We'll meet again."

And with that, she prances off with foxlike tread before the camera fades out.

@ 2018 Nintendo
Original Game: © Nintendo / HAL Laboratory, Inc.
Characters: © Nintendo / Hal Laboratory, Inc. / Pokémon. / Creatures Inc. / GAME FREAK inc. / SHIGESATO ITOI / APE inc. / INTELLIGENT SYSTEMS / Konami Digital Entertainment / SEGA / CAPCOM CO., LTD. / BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Inc. / MONOLITHSOFT / CAPCOM USA., INC. / SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. / ATLUS / Microsoft / SNK CORPORATION. / Riot Games, Inc.

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
On a slightly unrelated topic: aside from all their projects related (and a few unrelated) to League, Riot also acquired Hytale's studio last month. I've seen relatively few places discuss this, but I think it's yet another sign of how they're expanding into different genres really fast. So far this expansion has mostly been western-based, however, meaning a big project involving a Korean or Japanese company might be just what they need to solidify themselves in other markets (especially the console one).

Any thoughts on this?

CommanderZaktan

Smash Ace
On a slightly unrelated topic: aside from all their projects related (and a few unrelated) to League, Riot also acquired Hytale's studio last month. I've seen relatively few places discuss this, but I think it's yet another sign of how they're expanding into different genres really fast. So far this expansion has mostly been western-based, however, meaning a big project involving a Korean or Japanese company might be just what they need to solidify themselves in other markets (especially the console one).

Any thoughts on this?
If this is an announcement that LoL is coming to consoles, then that leak will have more credibility. The other thing we need to confirm is the Hollow Knight Mii costume with the Sealed Vessel remix. If all of those are true, we'll discuss of which Champion will be in.

Hot take: I think fighter from a MOBA game would be interesting. The characters have their sigiature attacks that could implement to Smash. And LoL is the most played MOBA in the world and being played in eSports.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Yeah, I saw that new Pokemon MOBA.

I wonder if this'll goad Riot Games into revealing Wild Rift for the Nintendo Switch. If not, then Pokemon Unite will probably tide us over until then.

Top Bottom