• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

LCD WATCHers: The Mr. Game & Watch Video & Users Thread

Neb

Smash Lord
SeanS, I believe your G&W is the closest I've seen to how the character ought to be played at this point. Perhaps a bit too habitual at times - but your opponents weren't adapting well - and this also allowed you to introduce other tools you weren't using as a surprise. Like always, keep developing your dthrow follow-ups.

PS - Good grab/i-frame refreshing 4:20 - 4:28

Last edited:

SeanS

Smash Journeyman
SeanS, I believe your G&W is the closest I've seen to how the character ought to be played at this point. Perhaps a bit too habitual at times - but your opponents weren't adapting well - and this also allowed you to introduce other tools you weren't using as a surprise. Like always, keep developing your dthrow follow-ups.

PS - Good grab/i-frame refreshing 4:20 - 4:28

Thanks, and yes, this is my weakness right now. In the first series for example I completely screw up my dthrow priorities and do jabs instead of nairs (I'm not sure whether this was just me messing up inputs, could have something to do with first time stream nervousness haha). It's only very recently (several months!) for example that I've really thought about the possibility of legit true combo uair out of dthrow. I try way too hard for a spot dodge read into uair in series 2 game 1 in the expectation things will just play out as if they had no DI, etc., etc.

But yeah, in other cases, sometimes being predictable is what works because you need to exploit people's weaknesses. That's just natural.

Last edited:

Disgaea D2

Smash Cadet
NNID
BlueDisgaeaD2
I actually got on an offline tournament stream for the first time yesterday. Check these two series out (second one put me in the money), or just view the best-moment gfycat if you don't have the time. Not the best play I've had, but I definitely had short bursts of perfect execution within.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iq_hyccgQG4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGfOlij-gvM

http://gfycat.com/NiftyOrneryGoat
I also believe you have a good G&W, better than what I can do, I want to play against you to see what I can improve on as a G&W main. Keep up the good work.

SeanS

Smash Journeyman
Pretty confident challenging and naming your time lol. NNID is LordPsyBorg (unless you play 3DS? I can do that too). I'll see if I can remember your challenge - forgive me if I don't, but I will do my best to show up.

I actually have zero experience fighting other G&Ws who aren't everyday FG players so I'm pretty interested. I know some basics, like fair vs. upsmash and I even know some quirks like this little... thing I've done:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EiCRWlkXr0

But ultimately i have no idea what you're going to do and have to gain MU knowledge. Hope I can help and vice versa.

Disgaea D2

Smash Cadet
NNID
BlueDisgaeaD2
Pretty confident challenging and naming your time lol. NNID is LordPsyBorg (unless you play 3DS? I can do that too). I'll see if I can remember your challenge - forgive me if I don't, but I will do my best to show up.

I actually have zero experience fighting other G&Ws who aren't everyday FG players so I'm pretty interested. I know some basics, like fair vs. upsmash and I even know some quirks like this little... thing I've done:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EiCRWlkXr0

But ultimately i have no idea what you're going to do and have to gain MU knowledge. Hope I can help and vice versa.
Thank you so much. My NNID is BlueDisgaeaD2 for Wii U. And I saw that and LMAO because windbox pushed recovery to Star KO.

Neb

Smash Lord
I will edit this post to include those moments. But you did not go for grabs often when they could have rewarded you moreso than usmash/dashA, etc. The Sonic did not seem threatened by this aspect of G&W, and was okay with the possibility of trading with an usmash.

Nose

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jecolo
heya fellas,
i'm sure some of you know that Cosmo, the noted Legend of Zelda speedrunner, is also pretty decent at Smash Bros as zelda
and i happened to play him for a while on for glory today

it's on his twitch,
but i'm linking only my last match with him (my bro wanted some action after my two stock) because my other matches sucked due to the way i was playing--
cosmo's play relied so heavily on wait-and-strike, baiting with the statue, defensive play, etc that the last game i just gave up trying to play offensively and instead played cautiously
and lo and behold i two stock him

http://www.twitch.tv/cosmowright/v/4577266?t=369m52s

we played for quite a bit so if you want to see my failed attempts just go back in the vod a little

honestly with the correct playstyle, aggressive against some characters and less so against others,
i think game and watch can really excel
seeing as how simply slowing down my play allowed me to net a pretty easy (if not somewhat boring) two stock

also if you have any constructive criticism that'd be great :-0

Nose

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jecolo
I always find footstool dair intimidating off-stage because the opponent can still move in their stun.
If I go for it and they move, I'm dead, because dair is an annoying stall-then-fall.

Truly, we have all the cons of a stall-then-fall and none of the benefits. At least Bowser's has a huge landing hitbox and eats up a lot of shield-- GnW's has a really small one, and a ton of lag. I wish it were reverted to a normal dair, even if it had the same ridiculous lag.

Fik

Smash Cadet
NNID
fikidydog
So I was messing around on For Glory and this falcon kept attacking right into my shield. Hilarity ensued.

NouveauRétro

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Royal_Bros.
I always find footstool dair intimidating off-stage because the opponent can still move in their stun.
If I go for it and they move, I'm dead, because dair is an annoying stall-then-fall.

Truly, we have all the cons of a stall-then-fall and none of the benefits. At least Bowser's has a huge landing hitbox and eats up a lot of shield-- GnW's has a really small one, and a ton of lag. I wish it were reverted to a normal dair, even if it had the same ridiculous lag.
I don't see how they could possibly move out of it fast enough. Video plz

GTZ

Smash Ace
NNID
Arctic-Cat
I somewhat recent video of my G&W against an online Little Mac. I played at about 50% due to being tired and such, but I still managed to win..

NouveauRétro

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Royal_Bros.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vw0wTyvb_70&t=10m15s

mostly played wario at this tournament but switched to g&w whenever i wasn't confident - wasn't playing great all set though. any advice would be appreciated
A couple things:
When you slid off the edge with jabs, you should've comboed into Hammer.

A bit too many dash attacks where just being patient at that range would have worked better and probably landed you a grab.

And most importantly, either use Heavy Trampoline more effectively or don't use it. The combos were meh, nothing you could not have done without it. Sure, you got that DP kill, but it was pretty late. You crippled your options to gimp her, which is terrible because WFT is susceptible to gimping and you knocked her offstage so many times. You were forced to attack predictably offstage because you had to be able to come back due to having Heavy Tramp. Might as well have stayed onstage and thrown food at her. Not to mention the SD.

Grab game was a little lacking, and you were a bit too aggressive and overreached sometimes. No use getting in if you're only going to get stray hits; G&W has to do a lot of damage when he gets in. Need to work on juggling. Also Y U NO BUCKET THAT ONE SUN SALUTATION SENT AT YOU OFFSTAGE, THAT WAS MAD FREE.:urg:

Last edited:

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
wait wait wait, Smash finally has a youtube-upload feature now and NOBODY posts stuff in here?

Gotta change that! Here, have a double-9!

EDIT: here is another one of Lucas doin' the Ice bucket challenge!

EDIT: such a clutch one...

Last edited:

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
So sorry for the double post, but this one warrants it (this thread is kind of dead, anyway...)

8-3-9. the true combo

EDIT: No Tiers, only dreams now

Last edited:

PyroBandit

Smash Cadet
I challenged my friend on Smash Ladder as a joke awhile ago, and well...

Just watch:

SeanS

Smash Journeyman
I've been asked for videos many time, and rarely am I able to supply them...

but here's a whole batch for you guys!

vs. IQHQ Minty Flesh (Mega Man) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNZKGy4XADc

vs. IQHQ Raptor (Yoshi) edit: available only upon request in G&W skype group. Only 1 game is tournament.
vs. papin moneyzzzz (Mario) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cY4lG0nd5sc

vs. IQHQ Cliff (Mario) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXiamFJaMRA

vs. Suarez (Yoshi) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHpc5s6CHpU

vs. Average Joe (DK) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1dBI5fA124

(for glory) vs. Goyomaster (Little Mac) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96psQBZTyJ8

Hope you all enjoy!

Last edited:

RaptorTEC

Smash Champion
If you're going to upload "tournament matches" you should make sure they're actually tournament matches and not the 2 friendlies you saved when I was trying out new tech and you said you just wanted to study them. Last weeks tourney archive is a lot better representation of the mu if that's what you're going for considering, well, it's real. You can see a clear difference in gameplay but alas no one ever likes to post when they lose.

SeanS

Smash Journeyman
If you're going to upload "tournament matches" you should make sure they're actually tournament matches and not the 2 friendlies you saved when I was trying out new tech and you said you just wanted to study them. Last weeks tourney archive is a lot better representation of the mu if that's what you're going for considering, well, it's real. You can see a clear difference in gameplay but alas no one ever likes to post when they lose.

One of these was from the set I won at Friday Night Smash (ask Drumdog if you'd like), though I forgot about the other one and assumed it was tourney. I put that in the description.

In retrospect, it does seem a bit jerkish to pick and choose. My intention is only to show that G&W can win, and you should know that. You know how hard I had to work to get those replays vs. Suarez and Cliff. Also I have another replay of me doing really well against you from LSD but I didn't use that because I knew it was a friendly. No bad intentions here.

Were it possible, I would have only uploaded the set from FNS, but I'm human and I forgot to save the replays of all of those.

If you're genuinely offended, request me to take the video down. I'll understand.

Last edited:

SeanS

Smash Journeyman
One of these was from the set I won at Friday Night Smash (ask Drumdog if you'd like), though I forgot about the other one and assumed it was tourney. I put that in the description.

In retrospect, it does seem a bit jerkish to pick and choose. My intention is only to show that G&W can win, and you should know that. You know how hard I had to work to get those replays vs. Suarez and Cliff. Also I have another replay of me doing really well against you from LSD but I didn't use that because I knew it was a friendly. No bad intentions here.

Were it possible, I would have only uploaded the set from FNS, but I'm human and I forgot to save the replays of all of those.

If you're genuinely offended, request me to take the video down. I'll understand.

edit: Upon reconsideration, I've made the video private and available only upon request. I should have waited until I had a full, recorded set of me winning available and feel like a real jerk about this. And the Suarez set does just fine in showing G&W winning in this MU for now, so there's no urgent need for this.

You have my apologies. Don't worry, though, I'll make sure to save replays of everything now. ;)

RaptorTEC

Smash Champion
It's not that big of a deal it's just inaccurate mu wise and deceptive. You never beat me in FNS which is were you saved these 2 replays. You beat me at deer park play n trade and obviously didn't save the next set where you ended up getting 3-0'd. You can keep the video but have it listed as what it is. Friendlies. When the mu is played correctly I think Yoshi wins 60:40 btw. Possibly 55:45 but that may be pushing it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom