• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Professor Layton for Smash Ultimate support thread! See OP for where to meet us next after the boards close. Thank you for all your support!

amageish

Smash Master
That sounds like a pretty great idea! Maybe even include some puzzles based off certain Nintendo games/characters.

If I recall, Level-5 kind of did that in the Japanese version of one of the Layton games, where there was a puzzle based off the Inazuma Eleven series.
Ooo! That could be fun and would definitely get more eyes on the title. Let's have some ink puzzles with Inklings! Unit placement puzzles with Fire Emblem characters! "Who is the liar"-type puzzles with Animal Crossing characters! So much fun to be had all around.

Maybe, but we just don't know when the reveal will happen. We weren't anywhere near an amiibo date when :ultbanjokazooie:'s release date was confirmed (give or take a couple of weeks).
True. I suppose they could still surprise us with something this week or next week as well.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Ooo! That could be fun and would definitely get more eyes on the title. Let's have some ink puzzles with Inklings! Unit placement puzzles with Fire Emblem characters! "Who is the liar"-type puzzles with Animal Crossing characters! So much fun to be had all around.

True. I suppose they could still surprise us with something this week or next week as well.
In before it's tomorrow. :4pacman: Don't take this seriously, I know damn well it won't happen.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...

Come to think of it, I'm kind of surprised Level-5 hasn't taken much advantage of crossover themed puzzles. Even IS took advantage of it with Wario Ware and the 9-volt Microgames.
At least with their own IP's. I suppose there was that aforementioned Inazuma Eleven puzzle. But you know, it might have been interesting if they took it a step further.

Like maybe have some Yokai Watch based puzzles thrown in there among some others.

But yeah, it would be nice if they tried to reach out to Nintendo for that one day. I'd love to solve a Zelda puzzle in a Layton game.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Oh well, I suppose they where just trying to market their last year's games and currently revealed 2020 games...
Hopefully we'll hear about the next Layton game this year as well..

In other news, Lost Future made it into NintendoLife's top 50 games of the decade at a surprisingly high 11th place!
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...st_games_on_nintendo_systems_2010-2019?page=4

Oh yeah, its this game's tenth anniversary year huh? At least in the West.
Here's hoping Level-5 finally releases its HD remaster this year because I really want to replay it again..

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Oh well, its either this month or next month when we will finally find out about fighter 5 anyway.
The sooner that's done and over with, the better since I want to know what they're planning to do for post pass..

Some more news in regards to the current state of the Layton series from Level-5 (or Level-5's current state in general...) would be nice too, maybe...

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Maybe, but they're not there for no reason, this isn't like the supposed Metroid Prime Trilogy leak that happened a while back.

So what if the SKUs have been there for months and supposedly won't be used? Tempering expectations is one thing, but the deadline for the fighter pass deal is the end of next month, so they can't afford to lag much longer.

Also, we'll hear something from PlatinumGames, at the very least:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2020/01/expect_big_news_from_a_full_speed_platinumgames_this_year

Also apparently you can pre purchase fighter 5 now, so... shadow drop, maybe?
Now this here might be actual evidence.

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Maybe, but they're not there for no reason, this isn't like the supposed Metroid Prime Trilogy leak that happened a while back.

So what if the SKUs have been there for months and supposedly won't be used? Tempering expectations is one thing, but the deadline for the fighter pass deal is the end of next month, so they can't afford to lag much longer.

Also, we'll hear something from PlatinumGames, at the very least:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2020/01/expect_big_news_from_a_full_speed_platinumgames_this_year

Now this here might be actual evidence.
Yeah we should be hearing at least something soon as aside from a few titles, Nintendo hasn't really laid down their cards yet to what they've got in store for 2020, at least the first half.

Me to 2 or 3 of the series in this picture:
I'm... not really sure myself...

I'm assuming some Switch and IOS/Android titles since that's what L5 has been spending most of their time with these days..

amageish

Smash Master
Well that's a nice way to start 2020 Level-5.
Well... That is a lot of franchises I don't know. I see Yokai Watch, Megaton Musashi, Fantasy Life, Otome Yusha, Inazuma Eleven, and the chibi princess-looking person could maybe be Fantasy Life art I don't recognize? I don't have a clue about cat-dude or the masked person at the top though...

Wouldn't it be a stinker if we get a Direct on February, with no reveal like last year?
Would that be... possible? I guess they could do a revealess Direct in February with no reveal then a character showcase later in the month... It'd be just a weird decision, as it's not like the character wouldn't be ready...

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Would that be... possible? I guess they could do a revealess Direct in February with no reveal then a character showcase later in the month... It'd be just a weird decision, as it's not like the character wouldn't be ready...
Sure, but big-name people and some Twitter users have no confidence about getting a reveal or Direct soon after all the crying wolf that's been happening recently.

We're basically up against the universe right now.

vwRFTkL.png

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I guess the closest thing we will get to go off of if they suddenly give us a notification to save our replays. At least we'd know that a new Smash update would be coming soon.

Maybe if a Direct comes around that time, then perhaps also a shadow drop, maybe, probably not, but still...

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Well Laytonbros?

I haven't played enough of Layton Brothers to give my full thoughts on Alfendi yet, Hastings was a tad forgettable, Grosky had potential thanks to the movie but they unfortunately didn't do much with him in the actual prequels games.

So I suppose I'd go with Chelmey, I think they developed him the most, especially with his backstory in Last Specter.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
That's tough...I love Alfendi, but I think Chelmey is too classic to pass up, and I don't really think of Alfendi as an inspector in the same way.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
well i never took to chelmy or hasting that much and havent done enough of mystery room either so im gonna with grosky

amageish

Smash Master
Alfendi being an option throws this question for a loop in my mind. Grosky was a metric tonne of fun, but I can't say I remember him for anything besides comedy. Hastings... probably existed? I honestly can't say he left an impression on me at all; I don't even remember his design... Chemley is certainly the most iconic of all the options and is definitely the most interesting of the traditional inspectors plot-wise... But it's also just kind of impossible for three side-characters to upstage a protagonist in my mind, so Alfendi wins.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Well Laytonbros?

I haven't played enough of Layton Brothers to give my full thoughts on Alfendi yet, Hastings was a tad forgettable, Grosky had potential thanks to the movie but they unfortunately didn't do much with him in the actual prequels games.

So I suppose I'd go with Chelmey, I think they developed him the most, especially with his backstory in Last Specter.
Big Boy Alfendi all the way

Top Bottom