• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Professor Layton for Smash Ultimate support thread! See OP for where to meet us next after the boards close. Thank you for all your support!

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
The thing is, L5 seems to be more niche in regards to the "worldwide popularity" totem pole, seeing as people are focused so much on the Bamcos, Capcoms, SEs, Microsofts, and Activisions of the world. It's barely one rank above Nippon Ichi (which practically isn't noticed at all) in regards to being noticed.

Doesn't help that L5 frequently burns out its series too fast.
I suppose so, though then again, how high up was Atlus in regards to the speculation community? I don't really remember them being brought up that frequently either besides the likes of RelaxAlax and Alpharad pushing for Joker in Smash.
From what I've heard they where kind of on the same boat as Level-5 as far as notoriety went (as well as how they mainly supported the handheld side of Nintendo)

Unless Atlus stole Level-5's thunder, I suppose they'd have a chance of being at least considered by Nintendo for an inclusion I suppose.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I suppose so, though then again, how high up was Atlus in regards to the speculation community? I don't really remember them being brought up that frequently either besides the likes of RelaxAlax and Alpharad pushing for Joker in Smash.
From what I've heard they where kind of on the same boat as Level-5 as far as notoriety went (as well as how they mainly supported the handheld side of Nintendo)

Unless Atlus stole Level-5's thunder, I suppose they'd have a chance of being at least considered by Nintendo for an inclusion I suppose.
Atlus did have an ace in the hole of Sakurai getting to try out the game about the same time as many others at the time it came out.

Apart from maybe Yokai Watch coming to Switch, L5 is more or less not quite on the radar so far. Do we even know if he's even played anything from them?

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Atlus did have an ace in the hole of Sakurai getting to try out the game about the same time as many others at the time it came out.

Apart from maybe Yokai Watch coming to Switch, L5 is more or less not quite on the radar so far. Do we even know if he's even played anything from them?
LMJ Deluxe is already out in Japan since last year and Level-5 confirmed since 2017 that a Switch title is in development so we will most probably be hearing about it either at this years Level-5 Vision or Tokyo game show or next year.

Apparently someone in the Geno thread said that Sakurai has talked about the Layton series in one of his columns but I have yet to verify that. Perhaps PushDustin knows more about this but I haven't been seeing him around on this site for a very long time. Sakurai had so many columns over the years talking about all sorts of games he played that I find it hard to believe that he never talked about the Layton series even once, let alone Level-5 in general.

Especially since he has clearly interacted with Hino on several occasions, follows Level-5's updates on Twitter and even a song from the Layton series being present at the old Press Start concert which Sakurai was involved with.

I'm fairly sure he has played at least some games from Level-5 before.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Done. I wonder what his scores will be...
With how things are going probably pretty high.
Yeah its a tad unfortunate that Layton isn't discussed very often within the speculation community. Or Level-5 in general, which is quite odd as I think they are up there as far as uninvolved third party companies go, especially Japanese third parties

Nice one Matthjass!
By the way, I think you need to nominate a character as well. Like I did with Reimu x5
You don't have to nominate, but the option's there for the taking.

Atlus is Sega though, so while there wasn't a lot of Atlus discussion Joker was kind of there as a potential Sega guy.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
With how things are going probably pretty high.

You don't have to nominate, but the option's there for the taking.

Atlus is Sega though, so while there wasn't a lot of Atlus discussion Joker was kind of there as a potential Sega guy.
Oh I see, guess they probably changed it since then.

I suppose so, though didn't Sakurai specifically go to Atlus for negotiations for Joker's inclusion? They where also specifically credited as such too.
Kind of like how Microsoft got credited over Rare for Banjo.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Sometimes, it's not necessary to bring up people. Why, yesterday, on the Geno thread, PokeFreakofBacon came on the thread without me even mentioning them, when I brought up the topic of WOL datamines.

ive given up of speculating chances

cause sometimes i think sakurai is pulling names out a hat
On the bright side, he's starting to run out of Mario names. :4pacman:Unless the Mario Party devs dumped a bunch of enemy ones into it, anyway.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Oh I see, guess they probably changed it since then.

I suppose so, though didn't Sakurai specifically go to Atlus for negotiations for Joker's inclusion? They where also specifically credited as such too.
Kind of like how Microsoft got credited over Rare for Banjo.
Atlus self-publishes, so that might be why they needed to be credited.

But what I was saying is that you didn't see Atlus character discussion because for our standards it's just a part of Sega.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
Hmmm trying to write out my rating for Professor Layton, i'm just not sure were to exactly place him in terms of chance.

Probably going to but him somewhere in the 40% to 55% range. What did you all put as your chance rating?

MattX20

Smash Hero
I'm giving Layton a solid 60% at the very least of being one of the remaining 2 fighters of the Fighter Pass. He's got a lot going on for him.

StormC

Smash Hero
Hmmm trying to write out my rating for Professor Layton, i'm just not sure were to exactly place him in terms of chance.

Probably going to but him somewhere in the 40% to 55% range. What did you all put as your chance rating?
I put 25%. For this point in DLC speculation (two characters left), I would very, very rarely go over 50%. I can only think of one character (or really, one "rep") where I would go to 55-60% for. So I'd say my rating at least is pretty favorable. 1/4 chance.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend

I put 50% and dubbed him a coin flip. That's how I feel about his chances.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Yeah it is a coin flip at this point, more or less. He doesn't have a lot going for him, but then again, neither does he have a lot going against him either. No rumours swaying one way or the other or so much of a hint of Level-5's involvement,
No interviews with them either yet for them to comment on in regards to their current position and Smash, they didn't even acknowledge Eight's inclusion for the Hero despite being the first character they created that made it into Smash.

no statements from Sakurai to fill us in on what he feels about the series (Unless there really is a column of Sakurai having talked about the series before) We know Nintendo is cool with the series as well as Level-5 themselves. Sakurai seems to be in good terms with them too but that's as far as we know.

Its really dependent on if whether or not Nintendo and Sakurai approached Level-5 for a character inclusion or not. And unless any rumours, leaks, datamines come along that say other wise, or we delve further into the pass, learn more about what new mii costumes or spirits that may come along.

There isn't really much we can do but to take a wait and see approach for now I suppose.

Last edited:

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
I've noticed that Level-5 really loves to promote their stuff on Nintendo's websites, Professor Layton and Inazuma Eleven both are featured on Nintendo of Europe's website, with the only other 3rd party franchise being Ace Attorney. Also Nintendo of America's website features an abundance of Yo-Kai Watch content, like there's a section devoted to characters and Yo-Kai watch gets 20 and most franchises only get around 5 to 8 character profiles at most.
Captureeu.PNG

I know it means nothing, but it goes to show how closely Level-5 is associated with Nintendo in the west, which makes sense considering that Professor Layton, Inazuma Eleven, and Yo-Kai Watch were all published by Nintendo in the west.

Brindor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2939-3197-6187
How do Layton fans rank the DS games?
I'm a newbie going through the series for the first time starting with Curious Village, do I play them i in release order to get the best experience?

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I've noticed that Level-5 really loves to promote their stuff on Nintendo's websites, Professor Layton and Inazuma Eleven both are featured on Nintendo of Europe's website, with the only other 3rd party franchise being Ace Attorney. Also Nintendo of America's website features an abundance of Yo-Kai Watch content, like there's a section devoted to characters and Yo-Kai watch gets 20 and most franchises only get around 5 to 8 character profiles at most.
View attachment 231978

I know it means nothing, but it goes to show how closely Level-5 is associated with Nintendo in the west, which makes sense considering that Professor Layton, Inazuma Eleven, and Yo-Kai Watch were all published by Nintendo in the west.
Yeah Satoru Shibata was a known fan of the Layton and Ace Attorney series, even down to cosplaying as the characters during some of the European Directs. I wouldn't be surprised that those franchises got heavily featured and promoted there thanks to him.

Nintendo in general seem to be very fond of Level-5, especially seeing how they support and praise their games as much as they do. Hopefully this is a good indicator that they have at least considered giving them a character in Smash Ultimate at some point.....

I'm a newbie going through the series for the first time starting with Curious Village, do I play them i in release order to get the best experience?
Release order is probably your best bet yes as each game gradually introduces more features and complex storylines as the series goes on.

Curious Village is the most newcomer friendly as it has a fairly simple story to tell compared to later entries. Find the Golden Apple and investigate the village and the strange occurrences that happen there as you go along. It also introduces you to most of the main cast too as well as lay down the foundations for Hershel and Luke and what you can expect from them in the future.

The most critically acclaimed game in the series is Unwound/Lost future as it featured the most deep and intricate storyline the series has had up until that point, it also broke a few conventions that where set up in the previous two games so its definitely a game worth checking out.

I wish you lots of fun if you decide to give the series a shot!

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I'd also say release order is the way to go.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I don't want to make a callout to the user in question so I left out their name (especially since this is a bit more of a general thing) but...

Tingle is a nobody character, adding someone like Vaati in actually does make a little bit of sense if you want another Zelda rep. Layton did not represent the DS era at all because he was not iconic during that era.
>Professor Layton
>Literally the 2nd, 3rd and 4th best selling third party games on the DS where all professor Layton games, only beaten out by a Dragon Quest game (which ironically was also made by Level-5.)
>Not iconic during the DS era

I know Scott the Woz's recent video was ridiculous but come on now....

I guess we'll probably have to inform folks about the series history on the DS a bit more.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I don't want to make a callout to the user in question so I left out their name (especially since this is a bit more of a general thing) but...

>Professor Layton
>Literally the 2nd, 3rd and 4th best selling third party games on the DS where all professor Layton games, only beaten out by a Dragon Quest game (which ironically was also made by Level-5.)

I guess we'll probably have to inform folks about the series history on the DS a bit more.
Why it always gotta be that way...?

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Why it always gotta be that way...?
Not a clue.

Guess people have forgotten how much of a big deal the series was when it first came out. The DS was boasting with a lot of new third party IP's (as well as third party games in general) such as TWEWY, Ghost Trick, Scribblenauts, Cooking Mama and the Ace Attorney series (at least in the west) so seeing the series doing consistently well is nothing short of impressive.

Edit: In more fun news though. Did you know that the actor Nintendo used in the Japanese Nintendo Switch promo commercials was Yo Oizumi? The Japanese voice actor of Professor Layton.

I never realized that he also did the Japanese commercial of Diabolical Box. Its great to see Nintendo having chosen him to do some of the commercials for the Switch when that first launched.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

>Professor Layton

wait he was comparing layton to vaati?

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
wait he was comparing layton to vaati?
No, but I do find it ironic that that he considered Tingle a nobody while advocating for Vaati instead.
I mean, I love Minish Cap and Vaati is a cool villain. But he is definitely not more well known than Tingle.

Anyway, here is a bit more about Hino's statement of the Layton series being his favourite Level-5 franchise.
Akihiro Hino said:
“Professor Layton was the first title we released as a publisher, so we were thinking that we absolutely had to make it a hit. To that end, from a PR and user perspective, we designed the game to appeal and be interesting to casual players. While it may have exceeded our expectations, we worked hard to make it a hit.

I have strong feelings for all our games but if I have to choose one title, it would be the Layton series as my favorite. It has a soft spot in my heart because it was the first title Level-5 published and it was so successful."

https://gonintendo.com/stories/2633...ite-franchise-explains-megaton-musas#comments
Its good to know that the series holds a lot of meaning for the companies. Being the first one they released as a publisher and all.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
No, but I do find it ironic that that he considered Tingle a nobody while advocating for Vaati instead.
I mean, I love Minish Cap and Vaati is a cool villain. But he is definitely not more well known than Tingle.

Anyway, here is a bit more about Hino's statement of the Layton series being his favourite Level-5 franchise.

Its good to know that the series holds a lot of meaning for the companies. Being the first one they released as a publisher and all.
yeah i wouldnt say vaati and tingle are the most natural of comparisons either, its good to know that hino keeps layton in high regards

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

I guess that to this day, Tingle just doesn't appeal that much to Westerners. It's probably why he still isn't playable yet despite Japanese popularity, a lot of people wouldn't take it that well if he "got in the way of other characters". But seriously though, it's kinda odd that the Zelda roster hasn't budged since Brawl, but whatever.

That's certainly helpful, even if it kinda doesn't speak well for much of the IPs before Yokai Watch more or less being middle children in comparison.

It's all the more fortunate that many people pick Layton as the L5 character to get in Smash.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I guess that to this day, Tingle just doesn't appeal that much to Westerners. It's probably why he still isn't playable yet despite Japanese popularity, a lot of people wouldn't take it that well if he "got in the way of other characters". But seriously though, it's kinda odd that the Zelda roster hasn't budged since Brawl, but whatever.

That's certainly helpful, even if it kinda doesn't speak well for much of the IPs before Yokai Watch more or less being middle children in comparison.

It's all the more fortunate that many people pick Layton as the L5 character to get in Smash.
Yeah Zelda's roster is just weird in general, Its hard to tell when they will ever get a character. Though now that each character represents a different game in the franchise now rather than all being restricted to a single game outside of Toon Link, that might give them a bit more leeway to go for a game specific character now.

Yeah I suppose its nice that Level-5 does still care a lot about the Layton series at least whenever they are not hyper focused on Yokai Watch every once in a while. I do feel bad for their other franchises like Inazuma Eleven that often tends to stick to the shadows. I wouldn't mind a new Fantasy Life game either...

I'm happy to see that Layton often tends to do the best as far as Level-5 character demand goes, with Hino himself also giving his blessings for the Prof as well as the series overall global popularity he does seem like the best first priority to go for if Level-5 where to get a character of their own in there.

Now that I'm thinking about it, has Level-5 been involved with many rumours/leaks in the past? Aside from the Curious Village Switch port as well as LMJ Deluxe's ESRB notice if that counts.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Yeah Zelda's roster is just weird in general, Its hard to tell when they will ever get a character. Though now that each character represents a different game in the franchise now rather than all being restricted to a single game outside of Toon Link, that might give them a bit more leeway to go for a game specific character now.

Yeah I suppose its nice that Level-5 does still care a lot about the Layton series at least whenever they are not hyper focused on Yokai Watch every once in a while. I do feel bad for their other franchises like Inazuma Eleven that often tends to stick to the shadows. I wouldn't mind a new Fantasy Life game either...

I'm happy to see that Layton often tends to do the best as far as Level-5 character demand goes, with Hino himself also giving his blessings for the Prof as well as the series overall global popularity he does seem like the best first priority to go for if Level-5 where to get a character of their own in there.

Now that I'm thinking about it, has Level-5 been involved with many rumours/leaks in the past? Aside from the Curious Village Switch port as well as LMJ Deluxe's ESRB notice if that counts.
knowing my luck we never get another zelda character

nothing wrong with being hyper focused on yo-kai watch

yeah i thinks its safe to say layton is the face of level five

i dont know of any rumours which is odd considering how many there are at any given time in the gaming community

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
knowing my luck we never get another zelda character

nothing wrong with being hyper focused on yo-kai watch

yeah i thinks its safe to say layton is the face of level five

i dont know of any rumours which is odd considering how many there are at any given time in the gaming community
Oh I wouldn't say that, we probably will get someone eventually. Either that or folks will have to start focusing on one specific Zelda character to rally behind over being spread out so much. Back in Brawl the most focused on Zelda characters where Midna and Toon Link (in Japan at least from what I've heard), then it just kind of spread out ever since.

In fact, I should probably hand over the Ganon support thread to someone else since I'm not really taking care of it as well as the Layton support thread...

Oh certainly, Level-5 gotta focus on popular series after all. At least its nice that they still support the Layton series whenever they can. Still, a new Fantasy life would be nice. Or maybe even an expanded sequel on London Life would be interesting to see I suppose.

More or less yeah, I suppose both Layton and Yokai Watch are co faces of the company (maybe Inazuma Eleven as well since it seems to play the middleman whenever Level-5 promotes the company)

Yeah I was wondering if they had to deal with any leaks in the past. Even with Curious Village HD Switch, that seems to come from a localization company rather than Level-5 themselves. I guess if the employees are good at keeping their lips sealed, if Layton is in the game, then he'd probably be a surprise addition too much like Joker. Maybe, who knows....

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Fake leaks are hyper focused on "big" fake leaks, trendy expectations or super-popular picks that aren't in yet, so I don't find it odd that Layton wouldn't be anywhere. Almost as if L5 is being treated like a middle-ground company...

Oh I wouldn't say that, we probably will get someone eventually. Either that or folks will have to start focusing on one specific Zelda character to rally behind over being spread out so much. Back in Brawl the most focused on Zelda characters where Midna and Toon Link (in Japan at least from what I've heard), then it just kind of spread out ever since.

In fact, I should probably hand over the Ganon support thread to someone else since I'm not really taking care of it as well as the Layton support thread...
At least the Skull Kid fans got a reality check, so that might happen. The Zelda fan lot for Smash doesn't realise that being complacent and expecting the Mario pattern to happen clearly isn't working at this point, so they need more focus.

And personally, I've never been much of a Zelda fan, so if we get no one else it's no skin off my nose, really.

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Fake leaks are hyper focused on "big" fake leaks, trendy expectations or super-popular picks that aren't in yet, so I don't find it odd that Layton wouldn't be anywhere. Almost as if L5 is being treated like a middle-ground company...
Fair enough, so we'll probably have to wait for Vergeben, Hitagi or whoever the current rumour goer is with the most reliable info.
Just imagine if one of them where to say that one of the two remaining characters is a Level-5 character....

I guess its nice that we are currently in the dark right now. Kinda refreshing even, ever since the game was announced. Or even back in the smash 4 speculation day's when the Gematsu Leak was all the rage back then...

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Fair enough, so we'll probably have to wait for Vergeben, Hitagi or whoever the current rumour goer is with the most reliable info.
Just imagine if one of them where to say that one of the two remaining characters is a Level-5 character....

I guess its nice that we are currently in the dark right now. Kinda refreshing even, ever since the game was announced. Or even back in the smash 4 speculation day's when the Gematsu Leak was all the rage back then...
Personally, I'd wait to see what Sabi has to say. Verge's track record with fighting game DLC is spotty at best (and I mean spotty, Verge's sources basically run on Sturgeon's Law). Hitagi cleared off and are clearly a fraud, so I wouldn't expect anything out of that one.

But yeah, I agree that it's nice to not know who's coming next again, even if it does lead people to do incompatible theories. This way they can be pleasantly surprised (yet again), even if Layton somehow doesn't get in.

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Personally, I'd wait to see what Sabi has to say. Verge's track record with fighting game DLC is spotty at best (and I mean spotty, Verge's sources basically run on Sturgeon's Law). Hitagi cleared off and are clearly a fraud, so I wouldn't expect anything out of that one.

But yeah, I agree that it's nice to not know who's coming next again, even if it does lead people to do incompatible theories. This way they can be pleasantly surprised (yet again).
Refresh my memory please, what did Sabi bring up again? I tend to mix up Sabi and Hitagi for some reason...

I mean people do incompatible theories regardless of existing rumours, remember the chair theory...?

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Refresh my memory please, what did Sabi bring up again? I tend to mix up Sabi and Hitagi for some reason...

I mean people do incompatible theories regardless of existing rumours, remember the chair theory...?
Yeah I know of that. There's far worse than that (Rayman in ice? Really?). Though I mean more about certain educated assumptions that leads to several characters (more than two) getting in one measly pass, without taking the possibility of more DLC into account (Crash is big in Japan, he'll get in the pass, Fire Emblem is big, Edelgard will get in the pass, Pokémon is big, Gen 8 will get in the pass, and so on).

Lately, Sabi's source leaks things in image riddles that only make sense in retrospect, last time it was a picture of a blue crab statue in a park, referencing the crabs in Link's Awakening, so it was a leak for the remake. The current leak from that source is in the Geno thread, mum's the word, though all I can say is that it doesn't seem related to Layton so far. As for things Sabi openly leaked herself, she had leaked (at least most of) the contents of the E3 Direct and wound up being given a C&D for it.

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Yeah I know of that. There's far worse than that (Rayman in ice? Really?). Though I mean more about certain educated assumptions that leads to several characters (more than two) getting in one measly pass, without taking the possibility of more DLC into account (Crash is big in Japan, he'll get in the pass, Fire Emblem is big, Edelgard will get in the pass, Pokémon is big, Gen 8 will get in the pass, and so on).

Lately, Sabi's source leaks things in image riddles that only make sense in retrospect, last time it was a picture of a blue crab statue in a park, referencing the crabs in Link's Awakening, so it was a leak for the remake. The current leak from that source is in the Geno thread, mum's the word, though all I can say is that it doesn't seem related to Layton so far. As for things Sabi openly leaked herself, she had leaked (at least most of) the contents of the E3 Direct and wound up being given a C&D for it.
Oh those kind of theories, I mean yeah, you can more or less stretch that out for a lot of characters. At the end of the day, Its really more up to Nintendo and Sakurai and who they chose and thought was worth including into the fighters pass. And I suppose its up to Nintendo as well whether or not to decide to do a second pass as well. Probably depending on how well this one sold.

I personally think we are more likely to get some dark horse inclusions for the final two in the pass, or at least one of them would be. Something like Bayonetta, a popular character, but not really discussed a lot with the Smash community. That's just my hunch though.

Oh the image riddler one, kind of brave to still go around sharing info (even if indirect) after receiving a C&D from Nintendo. I'm not sure what the bird on the roof means but I guess we'll see in due time, maybe.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I personally think we are more likely to get some dark horse inclusions for the final two in the pass, or at least one of them would be. Something like Bayonetta, a popular character, but not really discussed a lot with the Smash community. That's just my hunch though..
That's actually a perfectly reasonable mindset to have. Most people expect "HUGE! WOW! END IT WITH A BANG!" reveals, when every given ending of a roster or character reveal pattern historically hasn't worked that way.

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
That's actually a perfectly reasonable mindset to have. Most people expect "HUGE! WOW! END IT WITH A BANG!" reveals, when every given ending of a roster or character reveal pattern historically hasn't worked that way.
Yeah its kind of like the one "pattern" that has still managed to stay intact throughout... pretty much since Smash 64 when you think about it... :jigglypuff64::ness64::falcon64: Up until smash Ultimate's release. :ultincineroar:

Sakurai often tends to reveal the more hype inclusions either first and/or somewhere in the middle. Which makes sense as you would want to generate as much buzz and excitement as soon as possible rather than leaving it all for last and potentially lose any customers that lost interest halfway through. This seems to also carry over with DLC to where we got Ryu and Cloud first, but ended up with more niche/dark horse picks like Corrin and Bayonetta in the end. And likewise as well now seemingly with Banjo and Hero (for Japan at least)

Which is probably why I'm not really expecting anything "grand" to be revealed at the end of this fighters pass. Plus being a fighters pass, its often a better idea to reveal the more hype picks first and leave the more niche/dark horse picks for last as by that point anyone who considered buying the fighters pass would have already done so by that point and if even the likes of Banjo and Hero (for Japan at least) didn't already make people buy the pass, its doubtful that the final two reveals will budge them into it either, especially as by that point, people can just buy whichever character they like anyway and ignore the rest.

At least that's just me I suppose...

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Which is probably why I'm not really expecting anything "grand" to be revealed at the end of this fighters pass. Plus being a fighters pass, its often a better idea to reveal the more hype picks first and leave the more niche/dark horse picks for last as by that point anyone who considered buying the fighters pass would have already done so by that point and if even the likes of Banjo and Hero (for Japan at least) didn't already make people buy the pass, its doubtful that the final two reveals will budge them into it either, especially as by that point, people can just buy whichever character they like anyway and ignore the rest.
i suppose it may be a matter of opinion on whos a niche pick

would layton be niche pick? hmm id have said he was about middle ground as it were

Top Bottom