• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Professor Layton for Smash Ultimate support thread! See OP for where to meet us next after the boards close. Thank you for all your support!

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Pokémon is still a big moneymaker outside of the games, so it'll take a while for the proverbial iceberg to form big enough to sink that ship. Which is probably for the best, given that the anime has entered Simpsons zombie status at this stage.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Yeah that sounds about right as to when we'd likely see Banjo release and when fighters 4 and 5 will be revealed and come out.
By the time the September Direct rolls around, it would have been about 4 month's since Hero and Banjo have been revealed so fighter 4 at least should be in a presentable state by then. Most likely to be released somewhere in November or December. Fighter 5 would probably by revealed around that point too, to be released on February 2020 to round out the fighters pass as promised.

The Layton series might be quite busy later this year too. Potential Smash inclusion and LMJ Deluxe aside. There is the inevitable Unwound/Lost Future HD that we will most likely get by the end of the year. The potential Switch version of Curious Village HD, and potentially also the reveal of the next Layton Switch entry during the Level-5 Vision or Tokyo Game Show.

This might be a good year to be a Layton fan.

Yeah a lot of fans have been quite peeved with the series since the 3DS era. Though I guess the latest entry and the news surrounding it might have been the final straw with many fans and Gamefreak now. I think they should really rethink their structure with the games, or probably the franchise as a whole...

Yeah I've heard good things about that game. So its a shame that it tanked so badly due to a bad release plan.
I should probably really give the series a go myself though as the characters are starting to grow on me a bit.

That's the power of smash for ya. Although companies should still make an effort to make sure that their games do well on their own rather than solely rely on the Smash marketing. Especially as the roster keeps growing.
well lets hope we do get some more layton news

i didnt realise fans were annoyed with the 3ds gens i thought over all they were happy with them

you should give yo-kai watch a try its full of endless charm just like layton, a different kind of charm mind you

im sure level 5 will have plenty of tricks for promoting layton for years to come

Pokémon is still a big moneymaker outside of the games, so it'll take a while for the proverbial iceberg to form big enough to sink that ship. Which is probably for the best, given that the anime has entered Simpsons zombie status at this stage.
while ill agree the anime does drag in places (serena and kukui) i feel that when its gets to the major plot points its still pretty good

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Nice to know that Scott the Woz supports Layton for Smash in his latest video, even though its kinda hard to tell wether he's actually serious or not. Especially with the bizarre reboot roster he showed off earlier... At least he gave him a small shoutout I guess....

well lets hope we do get some more layton news

i didnt realise fans were annoyed with the 3ds gens i thought over all they were happy with them

you should give yo-kai watch a try its full of endless charm just like layton, a different kind of charm mind you

im sure level 5 will have plenty of tricks for promoting layton for years to come

while ill agree the anime does drag in places (serena and kukui) i feel that when its gets to the major plot points its still pretty good
From what I understood.

Pokemon XY was generally criticized for how overall bland the storyline and characters are in that game. The game itself also having a very low difficulty curve.
ORAS was criticized for the removal of certain features and post game content such as the battle frontier. Masuda's reasoning on their removal didn't really help much either.
Sun and Moon while initially well received when they first came out. Are notorious for the amount of custcenes and handholding the game makes you go through whenever replaying it.
USUM probably goes without saying. Basically the same game but with a worse plot.

But yeah, I'll see when I'll give Yokai Watch a go. If the series is getting ported to the Switch then I'll probably give them a go there.

Hopefully yes.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Nice to know that Scot the Woz supports Layton for Smash in his latest video, even though its kinda hard to tell wether he's actually serious or not. Especially with the bizarre reboot roster he showed off earlier... At least he gave him a small shoutout I guess....

From what I understood.

Pokemon XY was generally criticized for how overall bland the storyline and characters are in that game. The game itself also having a very low difficulty curve.
ORAS was criticized for the removal of certain features and post game content such as the battle frontier. Masuda's reasoning on their removal didn't really help much either.
Sun and Moon while initially well received when they first came out. Are notorious for the amount of custcenes and handholding the game makes you go through whenever replaying it.
USUM probably goes without saying. Basically the same game but with a worse plot.

But yeah, I'll see when I'll give Yokai Watch a go. If the series is getting ported to the Switch then I'll probably give them a go there.

Hopefully yes.
Adding to that, XY's music was seen as weaker than usual (presumably because the composers were burning out), and the villains are lamer (Team Plasma was already a tough act to follow without this).

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Nice to know that Scott the Woz supports Layton for Smash in his latest video, even though its kinda hard to tell wether he's actually serious or not. Especially with the bizarre reboot roster he showed off earlier... At least he gave him a small shoutout I guess....

From what I understood.

Hopefully yes.
geez the way things are going with pokemon im begging to think itll just be me and serebii with a copy of the gen 8 games, oh well

though i get where there coming from for XY's characters, dullest bunch of rivals ever, still i think everyone has at least one character they dont like even in their most beloved franchise, although i cant think who that is for layton atm (mind its probably not a good idea to go down the path of who our least favorite layton characters are, that always ends up starting something)

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
geez the way things are going with pokemon im begging to think itll just be me and serebii with a copy of the gen 8 games, oh well

though i get where there coming from for XY's characters, dullest bunch of rivals ever, still i think everyone has at least one character they dont like even in their most beloved franchise, although i cant think who that is for layton atm (mind its probably not a good idea to go down the path of who our least favorite layton characters are, that always ends up starting something)
I mean, I'll probably still buy the game as I always tend to prioritize the newest pokemon in my playthroughs so old mons getting cut won't effect me too much personally. But I can see where people are coming from with their frustrations over this whole thing.

Its kind of why I don't really agree with the idea of a Smash reboot that cuts down a drastic amount of the characters either, no matter how much they overhaul the gameplay, at the end of the day. Most fans are playing the series for the characters themselves and the various fun and creative match ups they can have. Even if they have to cut down the roster, its for the best not to go anywhere lower than Brawl's amount, and even that might be pushing it for a lot of fans...

When it comes to the characters of the Layton series, I tend to be more disappointed on how the writers handle some of the characters than much that bothers me about the characters themselves. Especially since Level-5 is kinda notorious with under developing their characters and moving on to a new set of characters too quickly. The original trilogy didn't have much time to leave much of an impact as they only lasted about two years in Japan if I recall before they moved straight on towards the prequels. And some fans are still waiting for these characters to get their due ever since.

But yeah, lets not go there.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I mean, I'll probably still buy the game as I always tend to prioritize the newest pokemon in my playthroughs so old mons getting cut won't effect me too much personally. But I can see where people are coming from with their frustrations over this whole thing.

Its kind of why I don't really agree with the idea of a Smash reboot that cuts down a drastic amount of the characters either, no matter how much they overhaul the gameplay, at the end of the day. Most fans are playing the series for the characters themselves and the various fun and creative match ups they can have. Even if they have to cut down the roster, its for the best not to go anywhere lower than Brawl's amount, and even that might be pushing it for a lot of fans...

When it comes to the characters of the Layton series, I tend to be more disappointed on how the writers handle some of the characters than much that bothers me about the characters themselves. Especially since Level-5 is kinda notorious with under developing their characters and moving on to a new set of characters too quickly. The original trilogy didn't have much time to leave much of an impact as they only lasted about two years in Japan if I recall before they moved straight on towards the prequels. And some fans are still waiting for these characters to get their due ever since.

But yeah, lets not go there.
thats the same way i play them, first time round team of new pokemon only then mix it up a bit afterwards, i also get the frustrations but its gotten a bit chaotic

yeah i think just about everyone is in it for the characters, thered be a lot of similarities between the national dex reactions and the reactions of a severally cut roster, still it does seem to me that characters are the priority in smash as i would say is proven by the fact that with such a larger roster he focused on them at the cost of several game modes

yeah im sure a lot of us layton fans are curious about what became of certain characters, you yourself have mentioned once or twice your desire to see what happened after lost future

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Personally while I'm curious to see where a bunch of the characters in Layton have gone over the years, I would rather not have the series become like Ace Attorney where they focus on bringing back old characters instead of telling good stories.

I'll probably still buy a copy of Gen 8 because I'm a tool who's been a Pokemon fan since I was a baby and I can't give the franchise up.

That doesn't mean I'm happy about the cut Pokemon, it still feels like a wasted my time getting a living dex just to have a bunch of them removed for no reason, Gamefreak straight up lied to people when they said they removed Pokemon to improve the animations when most of the animations weve seen so far are reused from Sun and Moon, hell the rival this time around looks like a modded version of Hau.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Personally while I'm curious to see where a bunch of the characters in Layton have gone over the years, I would rather not have the series become like Ace Attorney where they focus on bringing back old characters instead of telling good stories.

I'll probably still buy a copy of Gen 8 because I'm a tool who's been a Pokemon fan since I was a baby and I can't give the franchise up.

That doesn't mean I'm happy about the cut Pokemon, it still feels like a wasted my time getting a living dex just to have a bunch of them removed for no reason, Gamefreak straight up lied to people when they said they removed Pokemon to improve the animations when most of the animations weve seen so far are reused from Sun and Moon, hell the rival this time around looks like a modded version of Hau.
to be fair though they have said that all models were remade from start and we havent seen all the animations yet

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Yeah there is a fine balance to be had when it comes to which character's stories have ended and which ones may still have much to be desired.
I think Emmy's story concluded quite nicely. We know how she met the prof, we seen her spend some time with him during his highs and lows, and they have given her a decent send off at the end of the prequel trilogy. And while they didn't explain it in game, they did tell afterwards what she has been up to post Curious Village as she is now working as a journalist for the World Times.

Likewise for Descole. I think they put a lot more time and care for the prequels in general when it came to character development and screentime. The only exception I can think of to this is Inspector Grosky who was mostly used for his literal running running gag. In the movie it was executed quite well. But in the games it felt quite a bit more tacky and forced though.

The same can't really be said for Flora post Curious Village and how she was more or less treated as a joke afterwards and then prematurely discarded entirely with no explanation given as to what happened to her afterwards. Which is why a lot of fans have been asking for her to be brought back and be given some more screentime and character development that she missed out on during the original trilogy.

Don Paolo is another character that has been treated pretty weirdly over the series. His odd cameo in the LMJ anime, while welcome, was also quite off and seemed to have only been done as a "remember him?" type of showing rather than giving the character any actual purpose.

Which is why I think that the original trilogy was given too little time to develop as it only lasted for two years and was rebooted too quickly. The Prequels on the other hand where given more time to develop and have a more lasting impact as they lasted for quite a while longer.

I think an anime for the original series might do wonders to further expand onto these characters, but who knows if Level-5 is willing to do that or just solely focus on the new cast of characters instead. [/spoilers]

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
So yeah, now you see what Level-5's main issue is; they constantly count their chickens before they hatch. They should let their games' sales speak for themselves over time, rather than make a big successful series as quickly as possible. And now the Pokémon franchise is in danger of suffering the same fate.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
So yeah, now you see what Level-5's main issue is; they constantly count their chickens before they hatch. They should let their games' sales speak for themselves over time, rather than make a big successful series as quickly as possible. And now the Pokémon franchise is in danger of suffering the same fate.
Yeah I see what you mean. Level-5 has this tendency to move on too quickly and not giving a series some breathing room to settle in and develop. Give the fans the opportunity to know the worlds and characters they create better.

Even with LMJ Hino stated that the next game may not necessarily star Kat and I really hope that doesn't mean that we are getting yet another new protagonist with a whole cast of new characters within them when they still have yet to develop this one or the one from the original trilogy, or even Alfendi's game...

And yeah, Pokemon has kind of been falling under this rut too. Especially as new generations seem to be coming along more frequently now.

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I hope Alfendi and Lucy get more screentime in the future.
Those 2 were great characters.

to be fair though they have said that all models were remade from start and we havent seen all the animations yet
Which seems to be another lie since every Pokemon model we've seen so far is from the 3Ds games with extra shading.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I hope Alfendi and Lucy get more screentime in the future.
Those 2 were great characters.

Which seems to be another lie since every Pokemon model we've seen so far is from the 3Ds games with extra shading.
I should really get to play Layton Brothers soon, I've heard good things about that game.

I guess only time will tell, once data miners get their hands on the models and have a closer look at them. If they are indeed the exact same, just with a new paint/shading job then.... hooboy....

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Yeah there is a fine balance to be had when it comes to which character's stories have ended and which ones may still have much to be desired.

I think Emmy's story concluded quite nicely. We know how she met the prof, we seen her spend some time with him during his highs and lows, and they have given her a decent send off at the end of the prequel trilogy. And while they didn't explain it in game, they did tell afterwards what she has been up to post Curious Village as she is now working as a journalist for the World Times.

Likewise for Descole. I think they put a lot more time and care for the prequels in general when it came to character development and screentime. The only exception I can think of to this is Inspector Grosky who was mostly used for his literal running running gag. In the movie it was executed quite well. But in the games it felt quite a bit more tacky and forced though.

The same can't really be said for Flora post Curious Village and how she was more or less treated as a joke afterwards and then prematurely discarded entirely with no explanation given as to what happened to her afterwards. Which is why a lot of fans have been asking for her to be brought back and be given some more screentime and character development that she missed out on during the original trilogy.

Don Paolo is another character that has been treated pretty weirdly over the series. His odd cameo in the LMJ anime, while welcome, was also quite off and seemed to have only been done as a "remember him?" type of showing rather than giving the character any actual purpose.

Which is why I think that the original trilogy was given too little time to develop as it only lasted for two years and was rebooted too quickly. The Prequels on the other hand where given more time to develop and have a more lasting impact as they lasted for quite a while longer.

I think an anime for the original series might do wonders to further expand onto these characters, but who knows if Level-5 is willing to do that or just solely focus on the new cast of characters instead.
id love to know what happened, emmy, desole and flora

also spoilers some of us were waiting on a dub, to used to luke's uk voice

is there actually a basis for thinking that or is it just a conclusion people have jumped too?

Curious Villager

Puzzles...

is there actually a basis for thinking that or is it just a conclusion people have jumped too?
Oh, I didn't realize I said anything too spoilerific, but I guess I'll put it under a spoiler tag just in case.

And yeah, hopefully we'll see the old cast return one day. I wouldn't mind a spin off game that brings them all back. Especially if said spin off comes out outside of Japan too.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend

I mean... As someone who's played every Pokemon game obsessively, including Let's go. I can pretty much verify that these models are like 99% the same as they were In the other games.

Under different circumstances I wouldn't mind this because they built the models for long term usage back in 2012/2013 and they are pretty decent models on their own. The issue is that they said they were removing old Pokemon to improve the models, which seems to be a big lie.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Oh, I didn't realize I said anything too spoilerific, but I guess I'll put it under a spoiler tag just in case.

And yeah, hopefully we'll see the old cast return one day. I wouldn't mind a spin off game that brings them all back. Especially if said spin off comes out outside of Japan too.
well i suppose a cameo appearance isnt that spoilerific

I mean... As someone who's played every Pokemon game obsessively, including Let's go. I can pretty much verify that these models are like 99% the same as they were In the other games.

Under different circumstances I wouldn't mind this because they built the models for long term usage back in 2012/2013 and they are pretty decent models on their own. The issue is that they said they were removing old Pokemon to improve the models, which seems to be a big lie.
well im also someone whos played them all obsessively and ive got to say its not something ive noticed

i think what they actually said was that the work lode had become too much for them what with nearly a thousand pokemon and a large number of alternate forms

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I should really get to play Layton Brothers soon, I've heard good things about that game.

I guess only time will tell, once data miners get their hands on the models and have a closer look at them. If they are indeed the exact same, just with a new paint/shading job then.... hooboy....
Layton Brothers is pretty great, even if it veers more into an Ace Attorney/Ghost Trick style story rather than the more whimsical nature of the Layton games.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I want another Layton brothers styled game, that was a fun little distraction.

well i suppose a cameo appearance isnt that spoilerific

well im also someone whos played them all obsessively and ive got to say its not something ive noticed

i think what they actually said was that the work lode had become too much for them what with nearly a thousand pokemon and a large number of alternate forms
There are actually quiet a few comparison videos showing that Gamefreak has just been reusing a bunch of assets since 2013. So the work load excuse (which I'm pretty sure was never said) is a bad one.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
I’m sure this has been said before, but the popularity of Layton in Europe might be our ace-in-the-hole.

Back when they revealed Bayonetta, she was chosen out of the feasible candidates because of her popularity in both Europe(where she was #1) and North America(where she was in the top 5). Popularity in multiple markets seems to be a consideration, in that case Layton definitely covers all 3 of Nintendo’s main markets, especially the often overlooked European market.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I’m sure this has been said before, but the popularity of Layton in Europe might be our ace-in-the-hole.

Back when they revealed Bayonetta, she was chosen out of the feasible candidates because of her popularity in both Europe(where she was #1) and North America(where she was in the top 5). Popularity in multiple markets seems to be a consideration, in that case Layton definitely covers all 3 of Nintendo’s main markets, especially the often overlooked European market.
Is there anyone in the current Smash roster that can be used as a base for the prof? That is what helped Bayonetta become "realisable" for the DLC staff in those days.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I want another Layton brothers styled game, that was a fun little distraction.

There are actually quiet a few comparison videos showing that Gamefreak has just been reusing a bunch of assets since 2013. So the work load excuse (which I'm pretty sure was never said) is a bad one.
the video doesnt actually prove anything for all we know they recreated each of those animations, none of us know the full story (its hard to take any video seriously when its got a bunch of memes based on unconfirmed information) i believe they said during e3 when they first broke the new and accidentally opened pandora's box

this whole thing has awakened something dark in the pokemon community (and its was pretty creepy to begin with) every body is complaining about things they wouldnt even be bothered by other wise, even when game freak gives them an explanation they just accuse them of lying even though they have no way of knowing and most of them probably dont know the first thing about game development

theyre just getting angrier and angrier and nothing game freak can do will ever make them feel better

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I don't think there would be any character in Smash who could be used as a base for the Professor. His moveset would be too wacky, he'd probably end up like Joker and be a mishmash of different characters.

the video doesnt actually prove anything for all we know they recreated each of those animations, none of us know the full story (its hard to take any video seriously when its got a bunch of memes based on unconfirmed information) i believe they said during e3 when they first broke the new and accidentally opened pandora's box

this whole thing has awakened something dark in the pokemon community (and its was pretty creepy to begin with) every body is complaining about things they wouldnt even be bothered by other wise, even when game freak gives them an explanation they just accuse them of lying even though they have no way of knowing and most of them probably dont know the first thing about game development

theyre just getting angrier and angrier and nothing game freak can do will ever make them feel better
If they did recreate the models from scratch I would expect them to actually look different, like how Sonic in the dreamcast era looked different in every game despite being the same general design or how Sora's model in KH1 and the HD remaster look a lot different, or heck how Smash 4 and Ultimate have slightly different models despite the game looking almost identical to 4 in every other way, but in Pokemon it's just the same thing.

I kinda put the blame on Generation 5's backlash nearly a decade ago (holy cr*p that was a long time ago.) It made Gamefreak apathetic and afraid to properly expand Pokemon again, instead each new game seemingly got less and less content as the years went on and removing the Pokemon is just the straw that broke the camel's back for hardcore fans.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
You know what the worst part is? Most games on the Switch look better graphically than S/S in comparison. Even Luigi's Mansion 3 looks better. Dragon Quest 11 in particular is not gonna help with that, especially since that has free roaming in it.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
You know what the worst part is? Most games on the Switch look better graphically than S/S in comparison. Even Luigi's Mansion 3 looks better. Dragon Quest 11 in particular is not gonna help with that, especially since that has free roaming in it.
Silver lining is that this whole situation has made me want to go pick up DQ11. A game I probably would have ignored otherwise like I did on the PS4 lol

Curious Villager

Puzzles...

If their still referring to the ballot then yes, most surely Layton did particularly well in Europe to be noticed there.
Its kind of hard to tell whenever Nintendo does actually acknowledge the European market or just lumps it in with America as a collective Western market. Which is why I was taken aback a tad when they actually acknowledged Bayonetta's inclusion to be mostly influenced from European demand.

Is there anyone in the current Smash roster that can be used as a base for the prof? That is what helped Bayonetta become "realisable" for the DLC staff in those days.
Luigi and Toon Link seem to have the closest proportions to Layton as far as their armatures go. What with having a long upper body and stubby legs. But I suppose it may also depend on what design they will go for Layton. If its his official artwork design or his more proportionate design from the animated cutscenes and all.

It may also depend on what gimmick they want to use on Layton. If its something like what I have in my moveset which involves the use of a lot of objects. Then perhaps someone like Villager or Isabelle might work as a base to go off of.

Apparently Gamefreak designed SwSh with the Switch's handheld mode in mind. Not that that excuses things like the "Ocarina of Time" tree's and whatnot....

Big SiIvagunner fan, but never realized he had a Professor Layton video until now.
Highlights for me were at
0:58
2:46
4:19
6:06
6:33
8:54
Yeah it was nice to see him do something with the Layton series.

I kinda wish more people did remixes for the Layton series, or at least more beyond just the series main theme. The series has had a history of great music that would be nice to see a fan made take on them. I guess that's partly also why I want to see the Prof in Smash. To see other musicians have their take on the series soundtrack. That would really be something fun to listen to.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
er id like apologise for my last post, a fair amount of salt ended up in that and id like to apologise for steering the thread off topic for so long

Matthjass

Smash Cadet
NNID
MathsJass
3DS FC
0602-7469-3826
Switch FC
SW 8578 0545 0012
I kinda wish more people did remixes for the Layton series, or at least more beyond just the series main theme. The series has had a history of great music that would be nice to see a fan made take on them. I guess that's partly also why I want to see the Prof in Smash. To see other musicians have their take on the series soundtrack. That would really be something fun to listen to.
Well about the remixes, there is that guy who did plenty of funny Layton remixes https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJneOHw09N_K1eXmtEWSgBA and also that channel which is is full of gorgeous remixes https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqZjew_pv01IaAWcaH0bEBg

But I agree, it would be awesome to hear Layton musics remixed in a Smash Bros style ! (Unwound Future main theme please)

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Well about the remixes, there is that guy who did plenty of funny Layton remixes https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJneOHw09N_K1eXmtEWSgBA and also that channel which is is full of gorgeous remixes https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqZjew_pv01IaAWcaH0bEBg

But I agree, it would be awesome to hear Layton musics remixed in a Smash Bros style ! (Unwound Future main theme please)
Silvagunner but Professor Layton? How on earth have I never heard of this legend before!?!
This is great. Thanks for sharing this.

>Sees they both have less than 1000 subscribers

Of course, these Youtubers deserve more exposure, certainly.

Matthjass

Smash Cadet
NNID
MathsJass
3DS FC
0602-7469-3826
Switch FC
SW 8578 0545 0012
Yeah I also discovered these channels only recently, too bad they haven't many subscribers. :/

StormC

Smash Hero
Just wanted to say, while I haven't played the Layton games, that thread makes me realize I think his chances are being underrated a bit by the general speculation community. Hopefully my post explained my position fairy well.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Just wanted to say, while I haven't played the Layton games, that thread makes me realize I think his chances are being underrated a bit by the general speculation community. Hopefully my post explained my position fairy well.
Yeah its a tad unfortunate that Layton isn't discussed very often within the speculation community. Or Level-5 in general, which is quite odd as I think they are up there as far as uninvolved third party companies go, especially Japanese third parties

Done. I wonder what his scores will be...
Nice one Matthjass!
By the way, I think you need to nominate a character as well. Like I did with Reimu x5

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Yeah its a tad unfortunate that Layton isn't discussed very often within the speculation community. Or Level-5 in general, which is quite odd as I think they are up there as far as uninvolved third party companies go, especially Japanese third parties
The thing is, L5 seems to be more niche in regards to the "worldwide popularity" totem pole, seeing as people are focused so much on the Bamcos, Capcoms, SEs, Microsofts, and Activisions of the world. It's barely one rank above Nippon Ichi (which practically isn't noticed at all) in regards to being noticed.

Doesn't help that L5 frequently burns out its series too fast.

Last edited:
Top Bottom