• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Professor Layton for Smash Ultimate support thread! See OP for where to meet us next after the boards close. Thank you for all your support!

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Layton Warriors? I love myself Warriors games, but had never considered that... It'd be interesting to see them take on a medium wherein everyone would have to be more of a trick character, without any ordinary weapons involved at all. It'd also be interesting to see if they added any unique puzzle mechanics, like how Fire Emblem Warriors had the weapon triangle or how Dragon Quest Heroes had the tower defence elements... I'd be very down for it if it happened, if not also somewhat confused...

Both of those would be pretty hype choices for crossovers. I believe WarioWare has also had them in the past already, with the ocassional third-party game entering 9-Volt's selections? It'd definitely be cool to see a full crossover with it and something else though. It would also definitely work with Layton, given how puzzles and microgames could be fused together.

I would really really really like those localized for sure. Also just random things would be fun to see - as I mentioned before, I'm still not opposed to bringing Layton's version of Ultimate Werewolf/Mafia back from the dead...

True, I'm sure that they wouldn't be the top picks, but it'd be nice to see them happen regardless. I would really like to know what happened to Flora as well, as it's just super weird. Obviously it'd be odd to put her in the prequels, but the decision to instead have a heroine who now also has an unexplained absence is... well, an odd one to say the least. Maybe we'll find out something next game, especially as we otherwise have a full Layton family reunion going on. I agree that the premise of LMJ would have worked with Flora, as would having made Aurora/Kat have more original designs, though obviously now it's hard to imagine anyone replacing Kat in the game we have gotten.

That would make sense and also be how it worked for Sm4sh. I do honestly wonder if we will get further DLC, given Sakurai's seeming dislike of the practices surrounding it...
Layton warriors might just be crazy enough to work, there are three separate era's in the series now with the original trilogy, prequels and LMJ era and the series has introduced a lot of different types of mook enemies with the Family, Targent, the Azran, Scotland Yard, the mooks from the anime etc and most of the cast have their own unique quirks going on too. A Layton musou game would certainly be something quite interesting to see play out, even if quite unorthodox.

Did it? I don't remember any third party microgames in Wario Ware but I'd certainly love to see a microgame or two based off the Layton series, would probably work pretty well too. Especially with some of the trunk minigames.

Do you mean Professor Layton Royale/The Phantom thief game? Yeah I'd like to see that brought back and localized for the west, Its a shame that most of them are gone now. Hopefully someone managed to save them and share the files online. I think the guy that datamined LMJ datamined one of the Layton spin off games fairly recently too, so that might be worth checking out.

I suppose they had their reasons for the prequels, although they could have let Layton and Luke tell her the events of Ambrosia in the movie instead of leaving her behind at the bridge for the rest of the movie. She could have also been given a cameo in the Ace Attorney crossover too as she was oddly absent there as well. I think the crossover could have probably done a bit more as far as fanservice went, but I guess we at least got Chelmey and Edgeworth in there.

Yeah Kat is pretty much a mainstay at this point, though it was very odd when they first introduced her as another adopted daughter type character for Layton when he already had one that they could have used instead. Its kind of like if Nintendo where to create a whole new Mario brother to look for Mario in Luigi's Mansion and then not also really acknowledging Luigi's existence either, it would feel very odd and jarring. At least if the datamines are anything to go by, Level-5 was planning to bring Flora back as well so hopefully we'll see her in the next game and interact with Kat (and hopefully Alfendi too) in a meaningful way.

Yeah that's more or less on Sakurai, then again, according to him, it was apparently Nintendo that planned and decided on the DLC beforehand so it may or may not be entirely up to them if they would go for another round or not. Knowing them though, probably not, even though it would be nice if they did. It might also give us a second chance in seeing the Prof make it in if he doesn't for this pass...

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Diabolical box's plot confuses me so much. I've played it so many times over the years and I still think it's a stretch even by the logic of this series.

amageish

Smash Master
Layton warriors might just be crazy enough to work, there are three separate era's in the series now with the original trilogy, prequels and LMJ era and the series has introduced a lot of different types of mook enemies with the Family, Targent, the Azran, Scotland Yard, the mooks from the anime etc and most of the cast have their own unique quirks going on too. A Layton musou game would certainly be something quite interesting to see play out, even if quite unorthodox.
It would be pretty unique! They do also have a lot of big bosses who could be fought, even if you'd have to ultimately defeat them by unmasking them.

Roster Idea (sticking to HW-sized-roster of 13 before DLC): Hershel, Luke, Flora, Emmy, Kat, Ernest, Don Paolo, Clive, Descole, Chelmey, Barton, Anton, and an OC. That's covering most of the characters listed in the fan-favourites from the World of Professor Layton, plus it allows for diverse movesets (I'm thinking Luke uses his animal friends, for instance).

Did it? I don't remember any third party microgames in Wario Ware but I'd certainly love to see a microgame or two based off the Layton series, would probably work pretty well too. Especially with some of the trunk minigames.
I think I must have imagined it... They have had some microgames based on third party titles, but they were always just thinly-veiled parodies and not licensed. Still, Layton would work very effectively.

Do you mean Professor Layton Royale/The Phantom thief game? Yeah I'd like to see that brought back and localized for the west, Its a shame that most of them are gone now. Hopefully someone managed to save them and share the files online. I think the guy that datamined LMJ datamined one of the Layton spin off games fairly recently too, so that might be worth checking out.
I would really like to see that come back! It would be super cool. I would also be interested in seeing the datamines...

That said, I was actually thinking of the most recent trailer of Layton 7, where it was literally just Mafia with a Layton-skin and vampires instead of mafia or werewolves. It's still weird enough for me to kind of want it.

I suppose they had their reasons for the prequels, although they could have let Layton and Luke tell her the events of Ambrosia in the movie instead of leaving her behind at the bridge for the rest of the movie. She could have also been given a cameo in the Ace Attorney crossover too as she was oddly absent there as well. I think the crossover could have probably done a bit more as far as fanservice went, but I guess we at least got Chelmey and Edgeworth in there.
Yeah, that would have been very good. I believe that she was planned to be in the Layton crossover at one point, as was Emmy? It definitely gave a priority to telling its own story over major fanservice for sure (even though Maya being there was kind of instant fanservice in a sense). I find it odd how many people use it as an example of a direct crossover versus a concept crossover, as I feel like it is a bit of both. It's very concept-y in a lot of ways.

Yeah Kat is pretty much a mainstay at this point, though it was very odd when they first introduced her as another adopted daughter type character for Layton when he already had one that they could have used instead. Its kind of like if Nintendo where to create a whole new Mario brother to look for Mario in Luigi's Mansion and then not also really acknowledging Luigi's existence either, it would feel very odd and jarring. At least if the datamines are anything to go by, Level-5 was planning to bring Flora back as well so hopefully we'll see her in the next game and interact with Kat (and hopefully Alfendi too) in a meaningful way.
Yeah, definitely was an odd choice. I don't know if I'd say it'd be as odd as removing Luigi, as Flora had been MIA for a trilogy at that point, but it was definitely very weird. Hopefully she will return next game. Make it a full Layton family reunion.

Yeah that's more or less on Sakurai, then again, according to him, it was apparently Nintendo that planned and decided on the DLC beforehand so it may or may not be entirely up to them if they would go for another round or not. Knowing them though, probably not, even though it would be nice if they did. It might also give us a second chance in seeing the Prof make it in if he doesn't for this pass...
Yeah, that is very true. Nintendo kind of sucks at consistent DLC - I know Smash is objectively special, but I don't know if Nintendo would notice that and give it DLC when things like Mario Kart never got past their first pass.

And, well, we have rumours spiraling again that don't point to him - and these ones are at least better then a random text post. So, uh, we'll see I guess.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
Diabolical box's plot confuses me so much. I've played it so many times over the years and I still think it's a stretch even by the logic of this series.
Yeah the fact that they were all hallucinating the same exact thing was a stretch. I’m actually fine with most of the other plot twists in the games even if they are outlandish, this one was a little too much.

Still I really love that game despite this, the plot twist was kind of weak but the ending with Anton and Katia was pretty heartwarming, and Folsense has a great atmosphere and is one of my favorite locations in any game.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
It would be pretty unique! They do also have a lot of big bosses who could be fought, even if you'd have to ultimately defeat them by unmasking them.

Roster Idea (sticking to HW-sized-roster of 13 before DLC): Hershel, Luke, Flora, Emmy, Kat, Ernest, Don Paolo, Clive, Descole, Chelmey, Barton, Anton, and an OC. That's covering most of the characters listed in the fan-favourites from the World of Professor Layton, plus it allows for diverse movesets (I'm thinking Luke uses his animal friends, for instance).

I think I must have imagined it... They have had some microgames based on third party titles, but they were always just thinly-veiled parodies and not licensed. Still, Layton would work very effectively.

I would really like to see that come back! It would be super cool. I would also be interested in seeing the datamines...

That said, I was actually thinking of the most recent trailer of Layton 7, where it was literally just Mafia with a Layton-skin and vampires instead of mafia or werewolves. It's still weird enough for me to kind of want it.

Yeah, that would have been very good. I believe that she was planned to be in the Layton crossover at one point, as was Emmy? It definitely gave a priority to telling its own story over major fanservice for sure (even though Maya being there was kind of instant fanservice in a sense). I find it odd how many people use it as an example of a direct crossover versus a concept crossover, as I feel like it is a bit of both. It's very concept-y in a lot of ways.

Yeah, definitely was an odd choice. I don't know if I'd say it'd be as odd as removing Luigi, as Flora had been MIA for a trilogy at that point, but it was definitely very weird. Hopefully she will return next game. Make it a full Layton family reunion.

Yeah, that is very true. Nintendo kind of sucks at consistent DLC - I know Smash is objectively special, but I don't know if Nintendo would notice that and give it DLC when things like Mario Kart never got past their first pass.

And, well, we have rumours spiraling again that don't point to him - and these ones are at least better then a random text post. So, uh, we'll see I guess.
Great, now you got the gnoggin rolling to what a Layton Warriors could be like. I'll put it under spoilers since it will probably be pretty long,
Plus spoilers for pretty much the whole series I suppose...

*Main characters
A good OC
A villain OC
Layton: Would rely on fencing and makeshift weapons such as the Slot Machine gun, main weapon is a Lead Pipe.
Luke: Would make use of all his animal buddies, main animal buddy is the mouse from Last specter.

* Characters from the original trilogy era
Flora: Would probably make most use of her cooking, main weapon is a frying pan
Claire: Would fight with time travel based abilities, main weapon is the pocket watch
Don Paolo: Makes use of his inventions, main weapon is the parasol from Eternal Diva
Clive: Makes use of a weapon based off the mobile fortress.

* Characters from the prequel Trilogy era
Emmy: Makes use of martial arts based fighting style, main weapon is her Camera
Aurora: Makes use of Azran powers, main weapon is the Azran Key
Descole: Makes use of his fencing abilities
Bronev: Makes use of Targent weaponry

* Characters from the LMJ era
Katrielle: Makes use of her Magnifying glass with electrical properties, which is also her main weapon
Aldebaran: Makes use of his sword fighting abilities: Main weapon are the Relic Stones.

* Bonus quirky characters
Granny Riddleton: Makes use of lost puzzles, main weapon is a bottle with a paper inside
Stachenscarfen: Mainly fights with Hint coins, main weapon is a hint coin

* Other options/DLC characters
Anton: Fencing ability and Hallucinations: Main weapon is the Elysian Box
Grosky; Fights with brute force and fast attacks
Arianna: Main weapon is her Ocarina, Loosha might help her too.
Janice: Main ability revolves around music, main weapon is a part of the detragan.
Randall: Main weapon is a Shovel
Masked Gentleman: Fighting style is based around his Miracles: Main weapon is the Mask of Chaos.
Alfendi: Ability revolves around his split personality disorder
Adult Luke: Main ability revolves around Karate

* Mooks
Scotland Yard
Robots from St.Mystere
The Azran
The Family
Descole's mooks
Targent
Aldebaran's mooks

* Bosses, some might need to be downscaled a bit, perhaps you might have to solve some kind of interactive puzzle first in order to reveal their weak spots.
Don Paolo's flying contraption
The mobile fortress
Descole's giant spider mech
Descole's giant mech from Eternal Diva
Probably an OC boss or two like a huge Azran beast as well as an original final boss

That's just off the top of my head, Heh a Layton Warriors might just actually work, now wether Level-5 and Koei Tecmo would actually do it.... eh we can always dream I suppose...

Oh I see, that makes sense.

Yeah it might have been interesting to see how that would have worked.

Only Emmy was considered as far as I'm aware, back when Luke was planned to be in his prequel trilogy design.

Yeah I suppose so, though even Luigi was MIA in the mainline games for a bit with Super Mario 64 and Sunshine as well as the Super Mario Land games, I suppose even Super Mario RPG where he didn't really appear until the end credits I think, and in the Paper Mario games he was also left behind a few times. There was a time where his main appearances where kind of limited onto the spin offs and cameo's I guess, which is probably the same that happened with Flora I guess...

Yeah apparently Ryu Hyabusa is being rumoured now, which I suppose gives Koei Tecmo a rep, which I guess would leave Level-5, and SNK as the sole notable Japanese third party companies left without a character if I'm not mistaken, I suppose Natsume as well. So there's that I suppose...

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
really? why?
If they were all just hallucinating the whole thing how come they all saw the same people, interacted with the same people, and had those people give them things at points? Hell throughout the game Layton and Luke are having pretty good conversation with the illusions as if there's a real person standing in front of the two. It's too weird.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
If they were all just hallucinating the whole thing how come they all saw the same people, interacted with the same people, and had those people give them things at points? Hell throughout the game Layton and Luke are having pretty good conversation with the illusions as if there's a real person standing in front of the two. It's too weird.
I think the inhabitants of Folsense are real, their just unaware that they are elderly now, the butler for example can be seen aged up at the end credits of the game. I think an NPC also mentioned that a lot of villagers randomly died at some point for unknown reasons, which hints that they died of old age, but just didn't look like it.

That being said, yeah, Pandora's Box's story is probably the most far fetched one in the series.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
The stories can get pretty complex, though Ace Attorney is no slouch in that department either.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
well
as i recall the train station into folsence was full of pictures of how it used to appear so the gas cause people to see what they expected to see

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
well
as i recall the train station into folsence was full of pictures of how it used to appear so the gas cause people to see what they expected to see
I don't think there was any pictures of the inhabitants though, I think that might have helped fix that plot hole a bit better. Sure it might have raised more suspicion of why the inhabitants still look the same compared to seemingly 50 year old photo's. But I suppose they could have probably build up a larger mystery with that.
Similar to the villagers of St.Mystere.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
there's actually a real life psychological phenomenon called Folie A Deux where people share hallucinations so I don't think it's that plotholey.

amageish

Smash Master
Great, now you got the gnoggin rolling to what a Layton Warriors could be like. I'll put it under spoilers since it will probably be pretty long,
Plus spoilers for pretty much the whole series I suppose...

*Main characters
A good OC
A villain OC
Layton: Would rely on fencing and makeshift weapons such as the Slot Machine gun, main weapon is a Lead Pipe.
Luke: Would make use of all his animal buddies, main animal buddy is the mouse from Last specter.

* Characters from the original trilogy era
Flora: Would probably make most use of her cooking, main weapon is a frying pan
Claire: Would fight with time travel based abilities, main weapon is the pocket watch
Don Paolo: Makes use of his inventions, main weapon is the parasol from Eternal Diva
Clive: Makes use of a weapon based off the mobile fortress.

* Characters from the prequel Trilogy era
Emmy: Makes use of martial arts based fighting style, main weapon is her Camera
Aurora: Makes use of Azran powers, main weapon is the Azran Key
Descole: Makes use of his fencing abilities
Bronev: Makes use of Targent weaponry

* Characters from the LMJ era
Katrielle: Makes use of her Magnifying glass with electrical properties, which is also her main weapon
Aldebaran: Makes use of his sword fighting abilities: Main weapon are the Relic Stones.

* Bonus quirky characters
Granny Riddleton: Makes use of lost puzzles, main weapon is a bottle with a paper inside
Stachenscarfen: Mainly fights with Hint coins, main weapon is a hint coin

* Other options/DLC characters
Anton: Fencing ability and Hallucinations: Main weapon is the Elysian Box
Grosky; Fights with brute force and fast attacks
Arianna: Main weapon is her Ocarina, Loosha might help her too.
Janice: Main ability revolves around music, main weapon is a part of the detragan.
Randall: Main weapon is a Shovel
Masked Gentleman: Fighting style is based around his Miracles: Main weapon is the Mask of Chaos.
Alfendi: Ability revolves around his split personality disorder
Adult Luke: Main ability revolves around Karate

* Mooks
Scotland Yard
Robots from St.Mystere
The Azran
The Family
Descole's mooks
Targent
Aldebaran's mooks

* Bosses, some might need to be downscaled a bit, perhaps you might have to solve some kind of interactive puzzle first in order to reveal their weak spots.
Don Paolo's flying contraption
The mobile fortress
Descole's giant spider mech
Descole's giant mech from Eternal Diva
Probably an OC boss or two like a huge Azran beast as well as an original final boss

That's just off the top of my head, Heh a Layton Warriors might just actually work, now wether Level-5 and Koei Tecmo would actually do it.... eh we can always dream I suppose...
That is an incredibly good roster; I also really really want that now. Stachenscarfen and Riddleton would be especially hilarious. Also, remixes of Layton music with a harder Warriors edge would be completely hilarious.

I also considered including Claire, though I feel like that may be opening up a lot of tears for a fanservice-y crossover game. I suppose that is sometimes the point of fanservice crossover though...

Great villain choices and great boss choices. It'd be really cool to see those bosses in 3D and to scale...

Only Emmy was considered as far as I'm aware, back when Luke was planned to be in his prequel trilogy design.
For some reason I had thought they intended it to be more fanservice-y and have Wright/Maya visit the full Layton world including the whole cast and vice versa... Maybe I'm thinking of fanon though.

Yeah I suppose so, though even Luigi was MIA in the mainline games for a bit with Super Mario 64 and Sunshine as well as the Super Mario Land games, I suppose even Super Mario RPG where he didn't really appear until the end credits I think, and in the Paper Mario games he was also left behind a few times. There was a time where his main appearances where kind of limited onto the spin offs and cameo's I guess, which is probably the same that happened with Flora I guess...
Ahhhhhhh, that is very fair. I suppose he did vanish for a while... I guess Nintendo also has kind of pulled that sort of retcon before, with Pauline vanishing for a long time after having been Mario's original love interest. Hopefully Flora gets as grant of a return as Pauline did!

Yeah apparently Ryu Hyabusa is being rumoured now, which I suppose gives Koei Tecmo a rep, which I guess would leave Level-5, and SNK as the sole notable Japanese third party companies left without a character if I'm not mistaken, I suppose Natsume as well. So there's that I suppose...
Ater Koei Tecmo, Level-5 would definitely be the next biggest IMO, both in terms of actual size and connection to Nintendo. SNK is definitely big, but AFIAK they're not in the top 10 biggest like Level-5.

I'd probably put Marvelous next on the list, as while games like Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons, Rune Factory, and Senran Kagura are objectively quite niche, they do seem to pop all over the place in terms of publishing and co-developing (having had hands in evertyhing from King of Fighters to Fate/ to No More Heroes). Also they turned up in 10th place after Koei, Sony, and Level-5 when I googled biggest Japanese gaming companies, and why would the internet ever lie to me?

Natsume is kind of a mess for copyright, as there is an American Natsume and a Japanese Natsume who have nothing to do with each other, the latter of which does very very very little. Like, their biggest series is a Pokemon clone.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I don't think there was any pictures of the inhabitants though, I think that might have helped fix that plot hole a bit better. Sure it might have raised more suspicion of why the inhabitants still look the same compared to seemingly 50 year old photo's. But I suppose they could have probably build up a larger mystery with that.
Similar to the villagers of St.Mystere.
well im not sure we got a good look at the pictures but yeah thats a point. they certainly like building the mystery and i did not see the hallucinating gas coming, i recall.

over all i dont think any of the 7 games and the movie had bad plots, though i have a few nit picks with millionaire's conspiracy but that was more with structure rather than plot

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
That is an incredibly good roster; I also really really want that now. Stachenscarfen and Riddleton would be especially hilarious. Also, remixes of Layton music with a harder Warriors edge would be completely hilarious.

I also considered including Claire, though I feel like that may be opening up a lot of tears for a fanservice-y crossover game. I suppose that is sometimes the point of fanservice crossover though...

Great villain choices and great boss choices. It'd be really cool to see those bosses in 3D and to scale...

For some reason I had thought they intended it to be more fanservice-y and have Wright/Maya visit the full Layton world including the whole cast and vice versa... Maybe I'm thinking of fanon though.

Ahhhhhhh, that is very fair. I suppose he did vanish for a while... I guess Nintendo also has kind of pulled that sort of retcon before, with Pauline vanishing for a long time after having been Mario's original love interest. Hopefully Flora gets as grant of a return as Pauline did!

Ater Koei Tecmo, Level-5 would definitely be the next biggest IMO, both in terms of actual size and connection to Nintendo. SNK is definitely big, but AFIAK they're not in the top 10 biggest like Level-5.

I'd probably put Marvelous next on the list, as while games like Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons, Rune Factory, and Senran Kagura are objectively quite niche, they do seem to pop all over the place in terms of publishing and co-developing (having had hands in evertyhing from King of Fighters to Fate/ to No More Heroes). Also they turned up in 10th place after Koei, Sony, and Level-5 when I googled biggest Japanese gaming companies, and why would the internet ever lie to me?

Natsume is kind of a mess for copyright, as there is an American Natsume and a Japanese Natsume who have nothing to do with each other, the latter of which does very very very little. Like, their biggest series is a Pokemon clone.
I can just imagine the Layton songs with a rock flair from Koei Tecmo, I would love to hear that.

Maybe one day they'll dabble into a Warriors spin off with Level-5, at least Hino is known to be open to doing collaborations with other companies so who knows, maybe one day....

Probably yeah, perhaps in a potential sequel they could make both worlds collide a bit more.

Now I'm imagining Flora being revealed to have become a famous singing star somewhere in the UK during the LMJ era and now I really want to see that...

Probably, apparently Nintendo just accidentally leaked fighter 4's company though,
Its SNK, I guess we'll see what happens soon..

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
I can just imagine the Layton songs with a rock flair from Koei Tecmo, I would love to hear that.

Maybe one day they'll dabble into a Warriors spin off with Level-5, at least Hino is known to be open to doing collaborations with other companies so who knows, maybe one day....

Probably yeah, perhaps in a potential sequel they could make both worlds collide a bit more.

Now I'm imagining Flora being revealed to have become a famous singing star somewhere in the UK during the LMJ era and now I really want to see that...

Probably, apparently Nintendo just accidentally leaked fighter 4's company though,
Its SNK, I guess we'll see what happens soon..
Rock Layton is something I didn't know I needed until now either... Well, we'll see if it ever happens...

Come on Kat vs Apollo... Or Alfendi vs Apollo; I'm not picky.

That would be amazing haha. Debut trailer for the next game is Flora singing!

And, uh, wow. Yeah, that earlier discussion aged poorly. Oops.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Rock Layton is something I didn't know I needed until now either... Well, we'll see if it ever happens...

Come on Kat vs Apollo... Or Alfendi vs Apollo; I'm not picky.

That would be amazing haha. Debut trailer for the next game is Flora singing!

And, uh, wow. Yeah, that earlier discussion aged poorly. Oops.
Yeah that'd be interesting to see.

Seeing another crossover at all would be great. Wether its with Ace Attorney or other franchises, here's hoping we see the series expand onto new territories one day.

Going from a sheltered girl in an obscure lonely village to a world renowned famous star, that would be quite a great twist to see.

I guess it happens, I hope Level-5 won't eventually end up being the very last Japanese third party to get a character in Smash....

Also here's a little video discussing graphics vs aesthetics with the Layton series (and some other franchises).

Its nice to see some Youtubers talking about the Layton series lately.
Although being fair, Miracle Mask was originally intended to have the same hand drawn art style as the DS games did but only went 3D at the last minute. Probably to showcase the 3DS's 3D gimmick, that as well as the game being rushed a bit to be a 3DS launch title in Japan.

They polished things up a bit more for Azran Legacy though.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
it couldnt just read level-5 to imply either one of the two greatest puzzle heroes or one of the most popular/niche rpgs there is, could it?

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
Seeing another crossover at all would be great. Wether its with Ace Attorney or other franchises, here's hoping we see the series expand onto new territories one day.
Layton x Resident Evil! It'll happen one day! /s

Going from a sheltered girl in an obscure lonely village to a world renowned famous star, that would be quite a great twist to see.
That would be one heck of an evolution. It also could explain why she is busy and hasn't been hanging around the Layton family.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
it couldnt just read level-5 to imply either one of the two greatest puzzle heroes or one of the most popular/niche rpgs there is, could it?
Unfortunately we don't live in such simple times fogbadge...
Well I guess that will at least leave Koei Tecmo, Level-5, Marvelous and Natsume I think as the sole Japanese third parties left without a playable character in the game (That they own) as well as the guy that owns Touhou I suppose.

Layton x Resident Evil! It'll happen one day! /s

That would be one heck of an evolution. It also could explain why she is busy and hasn't been hanging around the Layton family.
Probably yeah.

That would explain a few things yeah, at least its better than the excuse of "Maybe she went to look for a job and left Layton" excuse one of the dev's pulled out of their backsides in the World of Professor Layton fanbook interview...

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Unfortunately we don't live in such simple times fogbadge...
Well I guess that will at least leave Koei Tecmo, Level-5, Marvelous and Natsume I think as the sole Japanese third parties left without a playable character in the game (That they own) as well as the guy that owns Touhou I suppose.
well i hear its been confirmed to be mistake so i guess we're back to where we were before

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
We usually tend to get a Direct this month as far as I'm aware.
Not sure if it would be on the same day as the TGS though..
well the pattern of directs has changed a bit over the years, but i guess we have had a them in september recently, everyone was assuming wed get one even before these rumours showed up

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
well the pattern of directs has changed a bit over the years, but i guess we have had a them in september recently, everyone was assuming wed get one even before these rumours showed up
Pretty much yes, I mean I suppose it makes sense since I think the TGS is always on September if I'm not mistaken and its pretty much Japan's E3.
I don't think Nintendo's Directs where ever on that exact date though, usually before or after TGS if I recall.
If anything, hopefully we will at least be getting some more Layton news in general this month...

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Pretty much yes, I mean I suppose it makes sense since I think the TGS is always on September if I'm not mistaken and its pretty much Japan's E3.
I don't think Nintendo's Directs where ever on that exact date though, usually before or after TGS if I recall.
If anything, hopefully we will at least be getting some more Layton news in general this month...
heres hoping

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
well i suppose lady millionaire's conspiracy hd could be in it as its out next month

funny how i turns up right after we were talking about it
I think that's probably a given, hopefully they won't make the Flora outfit a pre order/digital download bonus again, especially if they don't plan to make it fully available later again...

Aside from that (as well as the Smash reveal) What are you guys hoping to see tomorrow?

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I think that's probably a given, hopefully they won't make the Flora outfit a pre order bonus again.

Aside from that (as well as the Smash reveal) What are you guys hoping to see tomorrow?
well two of the confirmed games are among my most wanted but i wouldnt mind a little more on animal crossing and either zelda

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
That sounds good, hopefully they will reveal a bit more about BotW 2. Perhaps Mario Odyssey 2 reveal as well if that's in the pipeline.
And probably the rumoured Wario Ware Switch game would be nice to see.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
That sounds good, hopefully they will reveal a bit more about BotW 2. Perhaps Mario Odyssey 2 reveal as well if that's in the pipeline.
And probably the rumoured Wario Ware Switch game would be nice to see.
well due to a tweet nintendo made there have been a number of mario theories going around recently

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
well due to a tweet nintendo made there have been a number of mario theories going around recently
Yeah hence why I mentioned it. I'd love to see an Odyssey 2 much akin to Galaxy 2. Probably with some added difficulty and new places to explore. Maybe even (re)visit some familiar places as well.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Yeah hence why I mentioned it. I'd love to see an Odyssey 2 much akin to Galaxy 2. Probably with some added difficulty and new places to explore. Maybe even (re)visit some familiar places as well.
well odyssesy 2 always seemed likely to me more so after botw2 was announced

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
well odyssesy 2 always seemed likely to me more so after botw2 was announced
Yeah probably, seemed like a no brainer to expand further onto the capture mechanic.
I'd be interested to see what new locales they will visit too, perhaps they can expand onto the Cloud and Ruined kingdoms, Mario would probably revisit Isle Delfino too, maybe even take it a step further and have him visit a different game franchise kingdom such as Hyrule, might be a good opportunity to revive Link's outfit too that was cut in the last game.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I think that's probably a given, hopefully they won't make the Flora outfit a pre order/digital download bonus again, especially if they don't plan to make it fully available later again...

I just want another F-Zero. WarioWare and Odyssey 2 would be sweet.

Maybe we get to see Metroid Prime 4?

Top Bottom