• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social *Laughter* Duck Hunt in Smash Ultimate Social thread

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
9F9EDB73-7249-4F7D-8BA4-2CC491FB2C5C.png

The retro newcomer of Smash 4, Duck Hunt took aim and entered the fray!

Their move set incorporated basic attacks involving the dog and Duck, while the Smash attacks and two special moves involved a player with the Zapper, firing near the duo, or on a can/clay pigeon. The Wild Gunmen from Wild Gunman appeared in an attack and the final smash incorporated Duck Hunt, Wild Gunman, and Hogan’s Alley!

Now with Smash Ultimate here, our lovable dog gets to laugh at his opponents again!

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I really loved this character.
The idea of him and his implementation.

I would be crushed if he did not return.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
no way in hell he will be cut

this character is in the same catergory is R.O.B

and duck hunt was in the top 10 most popular nes games of all time thats most likely why he was added in the first place

it was also are first ever trio character

i will be udderly shocked if he didn't make it

Synnett

Alligator Lord
Save my boy Duck Hunt he was so bad. If he comes back I'll definitely play him, going to spend more time trying to learn the character.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
His moveset may see some slight changes, particularly if we do get Sheriff, Banjo Kazooie, or even an Oregon Trail Pioneer (hopeful!)... but I doubt he will be cut.

He is royalty of legacy.

Miifighters4Smash5

Smash Journeyman
There's Only 1 Reason for me to want to see that Mocking Mutt return; to Beat the Pixels out of him; Because It's very Cathartic!! :smirk:

Last edited:

PF9

Smash Lord
My main headcanon for the Duck Hunt Dog was that he had multiple personalities, all of which were tied to dogs in some fashion (they were either other fictional dogs or people with "Dog" as a name or nickname, or in one case, a rapper who made dog sounds in his songs). I'd love for Duck Hunt and the dog's multiple personalities (AKA The United States of Duck Hunt Dog) to return.

A more recent headcanon of mine was that the dog and Pikachu bonded over their mutual hatred of cats, which made sense given that Pikachu is a mouse (which are frequently chased by cats).

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
this is the only good part of Pixels. I'm hoping that specific laugh sound gets into Smash. it's the perfect combination of the Duck Hunt "bububububu" sounds, real dog noises and actual laughter.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
There is no way Duck Hunt will ever be gone from the big leagues after being “banished” for so long...the dog gained so much heel heat

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
i hope they're still called the duo over here im so used to referring to them as the duo

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
My biggest disappointment in his announcement is that they didn't change his taunt to his classic laugh. They even have the laugh in the Duck Hunt stage so its already in there. Why Sakurai why!?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
My biggest disappointment in his announcement is that they didn't change his taunt to his classic laugh. They even have the laugh in the Duck Hunt stage so its already in there. Why Sakurai why!?
Modern Duck Hunt Dog is most likely the reason why he laughs more...modern...?

On the bright side, atleast we get to have two different variants of Mr.Peepers

Sean Wheeler

Smash Lord
Would that relationship be something like if Goofy falls in love with Pluto (minus the gay)?

Keto

Smash Journeyman
Is there a discord for SSBU Duck Hunt Dog mains?

B1ackBearD

Smash Rookie
duck hunt is the least played and it's kinda sad....
trust me, hes going to become one of the most used characters. He has a LEGIT combo that always kills if done correctly thats super easy to learn with practice lol. He has a bunch of kill options. He just isnt seen in tournaments a lot and I predict that will change soon. IMO Duck hunt is top tier and nobody knows yet because people dont want to pick him up and I want it to stay like that.

SmashKeks

Smash Ace
Heads up Duck Hunt mains and aficionados, Be wary, some users are reporting that Duck Hunt and Mii swordfighter have been corrupting saves when played on Century Smash, as well as Piranha Plant corrupting save files when you play as him in All Star mode. Might want to hold off playing those characters in those modes (or at all if you're really paranoid.) until an update with some bug fixes rolls around. I'll repost this to the and Mii Swordfighter social so they're aware as well. Does this warrant a topic thread, so that this gains more exposure?

Cruelcumber

Smash Cadet
I saw Raito doing a very good job with Duck Hunt in a tournament today. It was impressive to see him defeat skilled Joker's and Peach's with his Duck Hunt, and it was honestly enjoyable to watch, especially with all of the throws comboing into Trick Shot when set up properly. He's definitely a tricky character to deal with, whether you're playing with or against him. But Raito's skills with the character certainly changed some opinions of Duck Hunt I had previously.

Riot Frenzy

Smash Rookie
Its great to see Duck Hunt doing well in Raito's hands. He is a underrated character for sure that hopefully still gets play when Banjo Comes out later in the year.

LightningVance

Smash Apprentice
The heck does Duck Hunt do against Incineroar?? All their moves are slow laggy enough that Incineroar can Revenge them or super armour through them with Alolan Whip, they has no aerials to kill with since Incineroar is too heavy for up air to reliably kill and down air is a joke, and they have no edgeguard game that beats Cross Chop's super armour. Just went 0 and 8 against an Incineroar online and that... should never happen.

Edit: Just played and won 1/6 R.O.B. games and ok so Duck Hunt just has no way to kill heavies whatsoever...... got it

Last edited:
Top Bottom