• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Last character you would want to main PM edition

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
I was wondering what the last character you would ever want to main is?
I would have to say Olimar. He has very few useful moves, and his play stile doesn't fit me.

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
Until tether recoveries work as intended, every character reliant on a tether recovery. Except olimar. Nothing is right about olimar.

AstraEDM

Smash Ace
Gonna have to continue the olimar hate train. His gimmick just doesn't interest me and I can't find him fun to play as or against.

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
Also, Mewtwo. I can admit that he's better than in Melee, but he still feels awkward for me to play with...

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Captain Falcon. I want to like Zelda, I just don't. I want to like Olimar. Falcon on the other hand is made of cheese and jank and is the character I go to only when I want to say "**** it" and go on autopilot for a match.

Flareon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Phychic
3DS FC
1075-0904-3809
Switch FC
2251-4138-1049
Mr. Game & Watch because he doesn't fit my play style at all and he only has a few useful moves.

The_Enlightenment_

Banned via Warnings
Captain Falcon. I want to like Zelda, I just don't. I want to like Olimar. Falcon on the other hand is made of cheese and jank and is the character I go to only when I want to say "**** it" and go on autopilot for a match.
Can I just point out that falcon makes a very bad auto pilot? Unless you are wanting to get **** on

\Apples

Smash Journeyman
Olimar, Lucario, Ice Climbers.

Oh yeah and puff too, puff sucks to watch and I want to be a part of enjoyable, exciting matches; not boring ones that make people turn away.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Fox, then Marth.

artofskjet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
napperflames
3DS FC
4141-3810-2708
Also, Mewtwo. I can admit that he's better than in Melee, but he still feels awkward for me to play with...
My cousin said the same thing but he my third main it just happened yesterday to like I picked and up and said maybe I should try him and I picked up on him so quickly

Kaysick

Smash Journeyman
I think :mewtwopm: feels amazing. Definitely one of my mains along with :samus2:.

The character I would main last? either :yoshi2: or :squirtle:
But :yoshi2: is amazing...

Last character I would main is :olimar:. I don't want to have to deal with RNG in PM.

NWRL

Smash Ace
How in the **** do people say Captain Falcon is janky when **** like Ivysaur exists? Blows my ****in mind.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
For me, it would be bowser, zelda, or ddd. Freedom of movement is really big for me in chosing a character, and one of the main reasons i enjoy smash over traditional fighters. I play fox and marth in melee because i like they way they move across the stage. This is why i love diddy and hus movement options. Its also why i dont enjoy playing bwarl tbh.

NWRL

Smash Ace
ITT: We learn people have differing opinions.
I'm trying to follow your logic here. Nothing about Falcon is janky, you might think he's cheesy because that's subjective. Jankiness has some truth to it, mostly with things acting the way they shouldn't or just being really dumb to deal with. Case in point: Ivysaur's entire existence. Everything Falcon does is pretty clearly explained in his animations.

Eisen

Smash Ace
NNID
AndroidPolaris
Probably Ivysaur, though I could say Toon Link, Dedede, Mario and Roy aren't far behind.

Ivysaur to me is just boring, Toon Link (though adorable) pisses me off for some reason, Dedede is depressingly bulky, Mario is just a massive ****, and Roy is close enough to Marth for me to where I'd be just as well off just... playing Marth.

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
Though I hate Olimar; Toon Link, Mr. Game & Watch, and Zero Suit Samus aren't very far behind.

Eisen

Smash Ace
NNID
AndroidPolaris
Though I hate Olimar; Toon Link, Mr. Game & Watch, and Zero Suit Samus aren't very far behind.
I can understand the first three, but why Zero Suit? She's really unique and pretty fun once you learn her.

Not calling any folly, just curious.

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
I have to question the Zero Suit choice as well, she's an amazing character in my eyes and I'm not just saying that because I main her.

As for the OP question, I'd have to say DDD. I don't really flow well with him, he's decent but not my cup of tea.

D

Deleted member

Jankiness has some truth to it, mostly with things acting the way they shouldn't or just being really dumb to deal with.
You're just proving Kink's point. If your definition of janky is "being really dumb to deal with," then I could call literally any character I have trouble fighting against "janky."

Alfonzo Bagpipez

Smash Lord
NNID
Futatsu
3DS FC
0920-0032-8454
Fox or Falco.

Not because I hate people who use them, but because my fingers simply aren't fast enough to play them right.
I feel like I could main anyone else (except maybe Falcon, gotta be really fast with him too.)

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
ICs, because it's like playing a completely different game, followed by Olimar. Even though I really liked Olimar in Brawl, in the PM atmosphere, he feels helpless even with 4 Pikmin at his side. Whenever I play the little dude, it really feels off, like he's completely out of place.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
Fox, Falco, and Captain Falcon for the reasons Alfonzo Bagpipez said, along with Olimar, Jigglypuff, and Ice Climbers. I don't like constantly switching for the best Pikmin for each situation, I don't like playing as what is essentially a less flashy Pit, and the Ice Climbers are just admittedly too hard for me, I could never put in a lot of time to learn how to properly utilize Nana's full potential.

Top Bottom