• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Larry Lurr - Controller Setup?

nExo_4K

Smash Rookie
Hi Guys,

Anyone knows the controller setup of larry lurr?

I ask because I try and train to jump without "tapjump" right now.
basically I can jump fast and fast attack with "tap jump + up- c-stick" (now I will try only to jump with X or shoulder R)

I there any way to jump and attack fast with tap jump off???
when I jump with "X + C-stick up" or "shoulder right + C-Stick up" I can't jump rly fast and well with this...
I will train this because I can aim better with my right stick in the air when I jump just with "X"

This is why I want to see larry lurr's controller setup because he jumps so fast like me if I jump with tap jump on.
But I know pro's don't use tapjump on.

If there any good fox players here, so pls just help me if you can :)

thanks anyway
and regards

nExo

seoh

Smash Cadet
larry plays: tilt stick, tap jump off. no other changes

he claws his sh uair. imo claw answers most of the problems you can have with fox. it allows you input quick aerials with full momentum. I switch regularly between the claw grip and normal grip, based on what I am expecting to do. shoulder button jump is equal if you prefer that.

if you're using claw, i think it makes the most sense to jump with y.

Last edited:

nExo_4K

Smash Rookie
OK sry but u will think I'am dumb but what is "claw using"?`

sry dude but can u answer how witch buttons I need to use to jump fast and fast attack?
(maybe "X" + "up-C-Stick" or "shoulder + up-C-Stick"?

and I cant jump with Y ... I use X for another jumps... hope it runs too? :(

thanks alot dude :)

Last edited:

seoh

Smash Cadet
Claw grip. You can see its pretty simple for jumping with y, but with x, I hardly imagine it's easy. If you're dead set on jumping with x then I wouldn't claw and jump with a shoulder button. I don't know why anyone wouldn't be able to jump with y, with a standard grip its literally less movement than jumping with x.

as for what to do, you literally press y/x/shoulder then whatever aerial you want. for ac sh uair, you press y > up on c stick during jump squat (before you actually leave the ground).

Top Bottom