• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Larry Koopa Appreciation Thread

Snorkel the dolphin

Cetacean Gamer
Switch FC
SW 6666 6666 6666
Hey, can we all sit back for a second and relish in the fact that Ultimate is going to be Larry Koopa's second Smash game? Of all the Koopalings he is my favourite and I'm sure he's bound to be some of your favourites too. Let's take a step back and check out the history of Larry Koopa.

Larry's first appearance was in the classic Super Mario Bros. 3 for the NES where he starred as the boss of the first world. Here you can see him holding his magic wand. Having the Koopalings with all their different looks as boss battles instead of eight seperate Bowser fights was awesome. In Super Mario World, he looked a lot more strange and was actually the last Koopaling you fought.

Larry also was in The Adventures of Super Mario Bros. 3 where his name was changed to Cheatsy Koopa.

Larry would eventually return after a long hiatus to his 3D debut in New Super Mario Bros. Wii.

Anyways folks, I could go on and on about this stuff but it's best if you just head over to the Mario Wiki page which has plenty of cool information and tidbits of knowledge. I know personally that in Smash 4 I always play as Larry instead of Bowser J.R.

Well? What do you think? Larry is about to make his Switch debut on Dec. 7 and myself I can't wait.

Last edited:

Snarky Sceptile

Smash Rookie
I find Larry to be the most enjoyable Koopaling to play as. His light blue color scheme makes you just want to relax, and he has the best voice of the group imo.

Top Bottom