• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Landing the knee by baiting out airdodges [video]

NoahDaniel

Smash Cadet
I've seen people talking about baiting airdodges as Falcon, but I haven't seen a single video of it, so I made one to maybe help some new players.

It's a 1 minute video which I recorded with a camera of the TV and I needed about 5 minutes to edit it, so don't expect too much.

Tell me if there's something I should add. If I get enough stuff together I may do a better video with more content, but this one is specifically for baiting out airdodges.

I just noticed that it looks like the TV is shaking, because the camera tried to balance out the shaking of the game...

And English isn't my first language. Sorry for eventual grammatical errors.

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
This is a great video to teach the new falcons the way of the knee :) very well explained! Great footage too, didn't even notice the shaking lol.

Eriol-kun

Smash Rookie
NNID
Eriolkun
3DS FC
0619-3946-4344
Personally I'm a fan of baiting airdodges or just unsafe enemy movements with Falcon Punch. I've got quite a collection on my 3DS so maybe I'll get a good camera someday and record it. Baiting airdodges with Knee is a bit less dangerous because you can hit with the weak version afterwards if you get the timing wrong, but after anyone gets the timing on this I'd definitely recommend checking out d-throw/u-air into knee True combo in this same board, really useful on people that play it safer. I can't link the thread because my post count is low but it should be there.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
You forgot to mention that if people catch up with your strategy they can simply attack you instead of airdodging.

So basically it's a janken game between attacking, dodging and waiting.

NoahDaniel

Smash Cadet
You forgot to mention that if people catch up with your strategy they can simply attack you instead of airdodging.

So basically it's a janken game between attacking, dodging and waiting.
I think I mentioned that at 00:20 if you meant that :3

Last edited:

Fame The Falcon

Smash Rookie
Great video, glad you posted! Falcon also has a guaranteed knee follow up on his down throw at certain percentages. I haven't tested every character yet, but I know that there is about a 5-10% window opportunity where the opponent will be unable to airdodge or attack to escape the knee follow up. This can be a guaranteed kill if positioned near the ledge.
NOTE: There is still a bigger window of percentage where you can follow up with the knee off of down throw, but it is not guaranteed and can be dodged or attacked out of if the opponent knows what is coming.

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
That "ENDE!" Told me you are a german player! Hallo! Really cool video, I will try that online sometime soon.

Alexander Duprey

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1865-0311-7929
This is goooood stuff, being able to punish airdodge by taking a stock is pretty sweet, and at higher levels of play, players airdodge smarter so it's like a whole 'nother level of mindgames. I don't have WiiU but this is how I would like to ideally punish airdodges.

-Fatality-

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FatalityFalcon
3DS FC
3695-0049-3723
Punishing airdodges with the knee is the best, you can pull it off against high-level opponents too, just gotta be smart about it.

Nate22Hill

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nate22Hill
Punishing airdodges with the knee is the best, you can pull it off against high-level opponents too, just gotta be smart about it.
do you need to put the knee out first and then fast fall or fast fall and then put out the knee

Top Bottom