• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Landing Issues With Rosa

_Jack_

Smash Cadet
So, I've be having a fair amount of trouble recently when it comes to landing with Rosa. I never really used to have this issue before, but I guess things have just changed and I'm being adapted to. I'm just looking for some fresh ideas on how to land with Rosa in order to try and incorperate some new strategies into my game and ultimately improve it. So, how do you like to go about landing with Rosa? Any advice at all would be helpful

MezzoMe

Smash Ace
Usually LLanding is the best option, but can be countered by well timed impromptu attacks who can outprioritize Luma's (read:almost everything non trascendental).
Usually AD is the worst option as long as the enemy attack has enough hitlag or hits that Luma just prolongs them to the point of extending to the endlag.
Perfect LLs can be very hard to counter, especially if the LL'd move is Bair because of his superior range and priority, it also has the second largest window for early autocancel(4 frames), second only to Fair(5 frames).
You may want to desynch Luma just for the sake of not having an ultra-nerfed AD, but since he always tries to be at a set distance from you it'll hardly do anything else until you actually land, as nobody has a hurtbox large 1/4 FD, furthermore, you can use it safely only starting from a certain height.
Just like what a disadvantaged state is supposed to be like, you need to overcome your opponent's mindgames with yours, and of course it largely depends on who wou are facing, though against nobody throw an aerial at point blank unless it's a perfect LL. Spaced Bair can be fine and so does the back hit of Nair if Luma is with you, don't even try to Dai ror Fair

Dream Cancel

It's just good business
NNID
DreamXX
3DS FC
4571-1273-3502
Switch FC
SW-4309-2808-7588
You can try a B-reversed Luma Shot. It woks fairly well and is good if you don't have Luma to worry about. You can even land with a Bair if they try to chase you.

That's all I got.

Top Bottom