• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Landing Fire Spikes

Diabolical PIe

Smash Apprentice
All I wanna do is swag out with Young Link and land some sick fire spikes. I can SOMETIMES do it on purpose if I'm coming up beneath an enemy, but I was watching Scrumpy's 600 Hours and I saw that he would land a lot of his fire spikes as he fell into the enemy from the side, and usually it was right at the start of the hitbox. Can anyone share some more light on landing this awesome move?

TriNewton

Smash Cadet
Try edgeguarding with bomb -> meteor down air. Similar to bomb -> dair, just have to wait a little before you put the dair out.

Ælude

Smash Cadet
Hardest part can sometimes be recovering yourself if you tip the swag scales too much, but depending on a characters recovery if you take their second jump with a bomb, arrow, nair ect its game on baby.

Happens2u

Writing Team
Whenever I've gotten them it has been fullhop dairing, making sure to space it so only the hat touches the opponent, either high up off the stage or onto the top platform of Yoshi's,

Top Bottom