• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lancaster Landmasters (December 5th, 2008, Lancaster, Ohio)

Master WGS

Smash Lord
Here ya go guys. Thank T-800 for our super cool name! ^_^

An extreme 'thank you' shout out goes to TheKiest for being awesome with brackets, as well as Alpha Zealot for being extremely helpful with the general flow of things!

SINGLES RESULTS!!!

1. Quivo ($108.00) - Toon Link
2. Alpha Zealot ($54.00) - Diddy Kong
3. Champ ($18.00) - Falco
4. Nope - Snake

5. T-800 - ROB, Meta Knight, Captain Falcon, G&W
5. Cake - Diddy Kong, Donkey Kong, Pit
7. Capem - Meta Knight
7. Fonz - Lucario
9. Lou - G&W
9. KBRO - Everyone.... (well maybe half the roaster)
9. TheKiest - Kirby, Meta Knight, Ike, Donkey Kong
9. Katon - Kirby, Lucas
13. Amy
13. YiffyBaro - Ice Climbers, Meta Knight
13. YYRD - Z Samus
13. Master WGS - Diddy, Pit
17. PDiamond - D3
17. Jrdan

Sorry if I got characters wrong/missed.

PRE-LIM POOLS!!
Group 1
Alpha 8 -1
Champ 5 -2
KBRO 5 -5
WGS 4 -7
PDiamond 3 -7

Group 2
Lou 8 -2
Capem 6 -4
Jrdan 5 -5
Fonz 3 -6
Amy 2 -7

Group 3
Quivo 6 -0
Nope 4 -2
T-800 2 -4
YiffyBaro 0 -6

Group 4
Cake 6 -0
Katon 4 -4
Keist 3 -4
YYRD 1 -6

If people want them, I can post the details of the pools later.

THE BRACKET

DOUBLES RESULTS!!
1 AlphaZealot + Quivo ($49.00) - Toon Link and Diddy Kong
2 Louis + Nope ($21.00) - G&W and Snake
3 Keist + T-800 ($10.00) - Kirby,Ike, Meta Knight and Rob, Meta Knight

4 WGS+ Yiffybaro - Diddy Kong and Ice Climbers, Meta Knight
5 Jordan + Katon
5 Fonz + Capem
7 Cake + Champ
7 Pdiamond + YYRD

Sorry, again, if I got characters wrong/missed.

No pools for doubles.

Thanks for coming!

Nope

Smash Lord
Thanks for the tourney it was a lot of fun! on a side note Champ played Falco, Fonz played Lucario, Lou played G&W.

Yyrd

Smash Cadet
Eh, it was fun. (With my name being Yyrd, I knew someone would try to pronounce it as a word. It happens to be an acronym. -.- )
With yesterday being my 11th day using Zamus, I did okay.
Considering I can only play three friends that brawl, and it was my first tournament. I really did expect to get some more friendlies in, though. :ohwell:

On that note, are there any brawl groups in Central Ohio that hold weekly meetings to play? I would really like to get some diversity in my training regiment.

KAT0N

Smash Apprentice
Shoutouts:

Keist: Great matches. Really fun Kirby ditto. **** Ike.

Cake: Awesome Kongs. Always remember Norfair.

Yyrd: Unlucky with ZSS killed by the spawning donut block twice on Cruise.

Lou: Oil Panics! Good times with GWs doubles. Not good times with the Double Diddy/Wario friendlies =P

Nope: "I got him get him now! *Oil Panicked* ****"

Fonz: Fun Lucario. I knew as soon as I pressed start that I shouldn't have gone with Fox again.

Quivo: Great friendlies. **** Lylat.

Yiffy: Awesome ICs. But screw your tornado spam in doubles! Remember always try to stop PKT2 with your face.

WGS: We counter Norfair. We also counter Norfair. Thanks for TOing

Jrdan: Good doubles matchs, PKT2 FTW. I hope your ride showed up @@.

Warfie

Smash Rookie
GG's to everyone! i had a great time, still kind of upset i choked against Nope (im not convienced)! And for future refrence even though i counter picked it and one on it, green Hill zone should be banned (sorry Lou LOL). Peace! Love! and CAKE!!!

KAT0N

Smash Apprentice
Hopefully next time The Jerk will come and I'll have my real doubles partner. No offense Jrdan =P

TheKiest

Smash Champion
Execellent Tournament everyone.

Thanks WGS for finding a great place to do it. I'll bring a TV next time as well.

Katon: Excellent matches. Yes Ike is a **** (yes there is one that rhymes with Ike that starts with a 'k')

YYRD: Keep up that Z samus. I like seeing a variety of characters.

T-800: I'll get you next time, scum. And good job on Doubles. And we'll have to do a Ganon vs Falcon match again.

Capem: Nice Meta Knight. Our vids of that fight will be up eventually.

KBRO: Thanks for coming.

Quivo: Grats on winning both events! Toon Link is imba. I mean he's a cartoon. Look at "Who Framed Roger Rabbit", humans couldn't even kill cartoons without the "dip". Which character in Brawl has dip?!?!?!?!?! See ya at the next one.

AlphaZealot: Thanks for your help with doubles. And grats for 2nd place. If you need help for the Wings and Brew event, let me know.

Cake: Nice Diddy. Join the OUGA forums sometime before school starts again.

Louis and Nope: Thanks for beating us twice in the doubles.... seriously great matches. I believe we have those recorded too.

WGS: Sorry for dragging the event longing that 10 like we thought at first. Nice match in the doubles. Will prolly see you again at the next one.

Peace everyone.

(BTW, I was wearing a suit due to an interview I had at 2ish that day. Not cause I'm hardcore, though I am hardcore.)

Master WGS

Smash Lord
Alright guys, if I try to host another one, what are some suggestions to make the thing as a whole better? I know there were complaints about the pizza pricing, which is understandable, and I know more setups are always better. Anything else that really needed improving, generally?

KAT0N

Smash Apprentice
Alright guys, if I try to host another one, what are some suggestions to make the thing as a whole better? I know there were complaints about the pizza pricing, which is understandable, and I know more setups are always better. Anything else that really needed improving, generally?
Other than what you mentioned I can really only think of the volume on the projectors, it was booming at times. All in all it was a good venue lots of open space to converse and not interfere and what not.

Yyrd

Smash Cadet
Maybe a television for friendlies would be nice. I couldn't get a friendly match in until about 7:00, then doubles started. As for the food, It would be sufficient if we were given an allotted amount of time to break. I'm allergic to dairy, so pizza was out of the question for me.
Also, Saturday would probably be much easier on time. I swear, we were almost late.
Overall, it was a great experience for my first tournament.

All in all it was a good venue lots of open space to converse and not interfere and what not.

neomadgic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
neomagic249
Wow! Good stuff Quivo for winning a tournament. I bet you don't remember me at all, but whatevers.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
www.youtube.com/alphazealot
Winners finals, losers finals, grandfinals set 1 and 2

I had a blast, this tournament was a lot of fun, sorry to anyone that wanted friendlies with me-I didn't get many breaks. Thanks a ton to MasterWGS (and theKeist) for making this tournament a success. I will definitely attend another one, Friday/Saturday makes no difference to me.

T-800

Smash Apprentice
OUGA's Lancaster Landmasters videos.

There's more videos that'll eventually get uploaded (I only can upload from work since I live in a rural area and therefore have no broadband internet) so y'all can either subscribe to the playlist or just check it every so often for more videos (probably at a rate of two or three a day).

AlphaZealot: What kind of setup to you use to record your matches? They look great on Youtube, so I was wondering what exactly you were using. Thanks for any info!

Shoutouts!

WGS: Thanks for making the tournament possible. The location is great (save for some projector volume issues, but nothing major at all) and overall it went pretty smoothly and I look forward to Lancaster Landmasters II: The Landening.

Yiffybaro: You and WGS were a pretty fun team. Maybe next time we'll have an all Metaknight doubles fight. Hopefully we'll see you again at the next Landmasters!

Jordan: Hilarious and fun friendlies before the tournament started. I ended up saving a few replays, so maybe someday I'll get those put on Youtube.

Nope: I'm still not sure how I lost that second match. You absolutely refused to lose. Excellent Snake skills, sir. As for the doubles matches...Luigi's Mansion? Never again.

Amy: I always have a tough time against Lucario. I lucked out with G&W's oil slick, good games though!

Quivo: It's almost wrong how good your Toon Link is. You've got his aerials down to a science and then there's just a flurry of bombs, arrows, and boomerangs. Great, great fights. Glad I finally got to play against you!

Keist: Anytime, anyplace! :psycho:

Champ: Our last match was incredibly close. Jungle Japes was an excellent counterpick, I'll have to remember to ban it next time. :chuckle:
Your Falco rocks, I almost never play any Falcos. Hope to play you again sometime!

Louis: I had a blast doing Falcon friendlies against you. Your G&W rocked my Falcon, but since I was playing as Falcon I kind of won in my own little way. You and Nope were an excellent team as well.

Pdiamond & Yyrd: Those were some pretty fun doubles matches. I'm sorry about Rainbow Cruise, though. That was just hilariously bad luck.

Fonz & Capem: Those double fights were great. Norfair is just too good not to use.

KAT0N

Smash Apprentice
AlphaZealot: What kind of setup to you use to record your matches? They look great on Youtube, so I was wondering what exactly you were using. Thanks for any info!
Yeah I was curious about your set up too.

capemkills

Smash Journeyman
The tourney was a lot of fun. Nope and his snake are both dirty little cheaters lol, even though walking into the match I figured I would lose considering I play his *** every night and he always wins lol. Had a lot of fun matchups. I liked the variety of characters that people used. LOVED THE LUCAS DITOS JRDAN!

and last but not least....Cake, when will you be convinced of anything? lol

Nope

Smash Lord
Shoutouts I suppose:

WGS and Keist: Thanks for hosting it was a blast! keist also see last of T-800

T-800: You were right I didn't want to lose! Those matches were just too fun. I LOVE Mansion vs Meta! =p
Get those doubles matches up!

Lou: Our First doubles tourney together! your dream come true lol we have to do that again soon

Capem: quit throwing your matches away when we play haha

Cake: Snake doesn't know how to die I'm convinced! Also consult the list for any further questions

Yiffy - Fun IC but stay away from me with that CG

KBRO - good matches as CF!

Jordan/Katon - Fun Doubles match especially the Japes one haha

Quivo - Toon Link is way underated I'm glad we got to play! Grats on the tourney win. More matches in the future without me c4ing myself on FD haha

Champ - next time more dark screened projectors for hidden c4 and maybe some hidden norfair tech lol

AZ- I did want to get some 1vs but there was never enough time and I didn't make it far enough in the tourney so next time! Great diddy in doubles. Also post those doubles matches?

Hence

Smash Ace
Yeah I was curious about your set up too.
A laptop hooked up with a Dazzle, or some sort of recording device that intercepts the feed from the Wii's AV ports was used to record the matches.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Basically: go to bestbuy and buy the dazzle recorder for $50, then go to Radio shack and buy 2 splitters. Then use windows movie maker as your capture program.

I can't believe it took me 5 years to finally find this solution (view my older videos where I used a camera and there are all these disgusting black lines moving down the screen-yuck).

TheKiest

Smash Champion
Sorry for the double post...

OUGA now has all the singles we recorded and we are now starting on the doubles. (Delayed due to quantity of videos and internet problems)

Top Bottom