• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lan adapter for Wii U

Eldramatico

Smash Rookie
Hi I've bought a 2.0 Lan adapter for Wii U on ebay from China and when I play online on super smash 4 I'm not sure it reduces lag and the wifi light flashes at the same time of the internet light when the wii u loads (no other devices uses wifi in my house) which means the wii u uses either both wifi and ethernet or only wifi)

Could anyone tell my if this is normal? Has anyone had a Lan adapter and could tell me if the same thing happens to them, both light flashing?

Thank you
E

Last edited:

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Generally on the lan the wiiu should stick to it and not switch to wifi from what I can recall.

Mine when the lan disconnects it just stops completely from using the internet.

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
My LAN adapter has a blue light on it that lets me know the Wii U is using it to connect to the internet.

E Eldramatico - Did you go in to the Wii U options and set up a wired connection? You might also want to delete your wireless configuration to make sure your Wii U uses the LAN adapter to connect to your router.

Top Bottom