• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lame changes and button input question

Dr. Mello

Smash Rookie
Firstly I have no clue how to use "smash" lingo so stay with me. Played smash4 with doc and doc only, not that GSP matters but my Doc is high level elite (I do not think I am that good though). I can not seem to find the correct mash or input to get out of multiple hit boxes of jabs, Inkling, mac etc. In smash4 I could up-b out of them no problem. In fact you could punish jabs, ness fire thing and much much more with a tight frame window input. Can one still up-b out of these multiple jabs or ness's fire or marth sword move? Any input would help, I feel like this is holding me back.

**Random Things that do not work anymore**
- jab 1 into up b (way to slow to get a confirm hit, used to be my bread and butter in smash 4)
- jab into dash grab, slow and just does work anymore
- While ariel down A is def an upgrade, doc now has no multi hit box move that can cross shields up. Tornado is more of a punish move, at least for me, and to slow to act out of
- tornado off stage loses momentum when trying to up b out of it, I am sure some of you Doc mains learned that the hard way

These could be wrong and I am just an old man getting phased out of my favorite game but these are the glaring differences for me.

xZRx

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-7739-8489-3763
These could be wrong and I am just an old man getting phased out of my favorite game but these are the glaring differences for me.
My fall-back reasoning every time i try to learn new stuff and get good,,, and still lose.

I havent been playing seriously with doc for that long, but ive found up b to be the most consistent escape because it comes out so fast, kind of risky unless you have a platform above you though

Top Bottom