• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lakitu for Super Smash Bros. for Switch

Do you want Lakitu as a playable character?

• Total voters

SEGAGameBoy

Smash Journeyman
Alright, I know what you're thinking! "This is a bad idea!" And I don't blame ya! It's hard to think of character threads that don't already exist on Smashboards. From what people have told me, I can't post about a character that's already on the Smashboards. Plus, I'm 17 years old and I probably sound like a f***ing 8 year old to you. But bare with me here.

So, Lakitu is probably a bad idea! I can understand that. I'm not going to say why he should be in. I'm just stating facts.
1. Lakitu first appeared in Super Mario Bros. back in 1985.
2. The man himself, Mr. Shigeru Miyamoto said that Lakitu best describes him: floating around freely.
3. He's been playable before! He was first playable in Mario Kart 7. Anyone who owns the game knows that.
4. He could fight with items from the Mario spin-offs, his fishing pole, camera, etc
5. His gimmick could be that his cloud can't take damage, so mind your positioning. (Kinda like Bowser Jr.)

Before we get into this, I know what you're thinking. He floats/flies, so how could players land a hit? I was thinking maybe they could put about a Kirby off the ground (When he ducks).

Into his moves!!
Smash Attacks
Side Smash - Similar to Ness' Side Smash
Down Smash - He slams 2 Spinies to the ground
Up Smash - He swings his fishing pole

Neutral Tilt - A Punch, Punch, Headbutt combo
Side Tilt - He kicks his cloud away and comes back. Basically, like a magnet/boomerang
Down Tilt - He pulls out a Blooper and the tip does damage
Up Tilt - Headbutt
Edge Attack - He flips and slams his cloud to the ground
Dash Attack - Similar to Villager's, except his cloud attacks behind him.

Neutral Air - He twirls his fishing pole
Side Air - Similar to Link's Grapple, except it's not a grapple
Back Air - He kicks the cloud behind him, does about the same damage as Mario's
Down Air - He kicks the cloud below him
Up Air - He swings a Spiny

B- Snap! - He pulls out the camera from Super Mario 64. This doesn't damage the opponent, but it does leave them stunned (5 seconds) for a follow-up attack. Also, this is chargeable. No matter how long you charge it, it's still going to leave them stunned for 5 seconds.

Side B - Cloud Kart - Similar to Bowser Jr.'s Side Special except you can't turn it. This goes about as far as Final Destination.

Down B - Spiny - He throws a Spiny on the ground. Up to 3 can be on the screen at the same time. If you press B again, he's just going to throw Bananas that makes opponents trip.

Up B - Cloud Launcher - Similar to Bowser Jr.'s Up Special. Except, instead of swinging a hammer, Lakitu swings a Spiny

FS - King Lakitu's Rage - Lakitu grows in size to King Lakitu. Specifically the one from Super Mario Galaxy 2. He beats his cloud charging up electricity and runs across the stage, sending opponents flying.

Extra Information/Fun Facts:
- Voice Actor: Tadd Morgan
- Latest Appearance: Mario Party: The Top 100

Well, that's it for now. It's freeking 1:30 in the morning around where I'm at. (Louisiana)
Goodnight!

I said Goodnight!!! Now, F***ing leave!! Sorry, I'm just sleepy and grumpy. I'm slumpy.

Would you f***ing leave already?!?!?!

Last edited:
Top Bottom