• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokkén Tournament Lake of Life - Suicune Social

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Suicune is a beautiful creature. :245:
I enjoy characters like this so I have pretty much only been playing the 'cune.

Maybe I am numbed to it but definitely has the least impressive looking grab and super :(

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Eeyyy, the social is up! Enjoying Suicune a lot. Looking forward to discussing him with you guys. I feel so much more comfortable playing as him in dual phase. While in field phase, I have issues when playing the likes of Braixen and Weavile. Part of me says I don't counter enough but I do believe his field phase options could be better.

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
I'm really hoping more people pick up Suicune because I'm not seeing a lot so far but the character looks elegant and cool.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Ah, I've been putting off posting in here too long. Couldn't come up with what to say...but here I am nonetheless.

We got a brand new meta to develop. Here's hoping it's an interesting one.

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
I'm pretty convinced that the Weavile MU is totally unwinnable for us.
Seems a little early to make a call like that, isn't it? Where exactly are the problems happening for you, and what options might we have to counteract them? Have you taken advantage of all three ranges Hail has? How about anti-air Aurora Beam's multiple angles? Forward-X (fsmash?) and its ridiculous disjoint? Weavile wants in; we need to use our projectiles and strong spacing tools to keep him out.

Last edited:

Croi

Smash Lord
Mostly it's Weavile's top speed that gets between all of my spacing tools and tricks that gets me beat. No matter what I seem to do, Weavile is too fast. I put up an Ice Wall and they just run around it and get me before I can do something else. I space a Blizzard and they punish my landing because, only for Weavile, it's not safe on shield. They run around Aurora Beam and Hydro Pump in Field Phase and they just shield them in Duel Phase. They're generally too small to get hit by whatever aerial Y is. They don't have to respect Waterfall or Hail because they're generally too close to me to care and their cooldown is really bad. And they only have to hit me once before they're juggling my big, wide body across the stage for a third of my total health.

I have a ton of trouble with Pikachu/Libre too, but I can generally beat just about any other MU. I hear people generally don't care for Chandeleur but even if I'm not Mirror Coating everything they do, it's not a difficult MU, at least this early in the meta. It's just the really small, really fast ones that give me a ton of ****.

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Wait there's an entire section of the site dedicated to Pokken and nobody told me? smh Zelda social.

Been only playing Suicune so far, super fun. Up to D3 (would probably be higher if I played the game at all in the last 2 days) and beat every league without a single loss.

I'd say Libre is our worst MU, then Pikachu, then Weavile. The small fast characters are such a pain. Not sure what any of our positive MU's are though...

Oval stages seem really annoying, I like to stick with the circular stages.
———————————————————————————
Forgot to ask some other things. What support set is everyone using, and how do you distribute your skill points? I've been using Rotom/Togekiss for support (Rotom for Gardevoir, Togekiss for everyone else), and I have my skill points evenly distributed.

Last edited:

Croi

Smash Lord
I still think Weavile is an awful MU, but I'm starting to really get the hang of this game, I think! I'm slowly learning all of Suicune's options at all ranges and what I need to do if I'm pushed into a corner, or being assaulted by Machamp, or whatever. She's still kind of frustrating to use, but it's a road with an end in sight, I think.

^ to answer one of your questions, I tend to use Crescelia as my support. I don't have all of them unlocked, though, and I've been thinking of giving Fennekin a try, since Suicune is at her weakest when she's pressed into a corner.

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
I still think Weavile is an awful MU, but I'm starting to really get the hang of this game, I think! I'm slowly learning all of Suicune's options at all ranges and what I need to do if I'm pushed into a corner, or being assaulted by Machamp, or whatever. She's still kind of frustrating to use, but it's a road with an end in sight, I think.

^ to answer one of your questions, I tend to use Crescelia as my support. I don't have all of them unlocked, though, and I've been thinking of giving Fennekin a try, since Suicune is at her weakest when she's pressed into a corner.
Ayy, another guy with a female Suicune headcanon! Seems like we're pretty rare.

As far as supports go, Emolga+Fennekin is really good to fall back on. Fennekin especially is amazing at creating space for us, while Emolga can interrupt opponents at long range and set up stuff or give us a free Icy Wind charge. I've also had some success with Espeon+Umbreon, but that's more for their utility. I've heard Mismagius and Ninetales are really good for Suicune, but I haven't had as much success using them. Maybe they don't work with my playstyle as well.

Last edited:

TheBlackLuffy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheBlackLuffy
Switch FC
8040 1413 9929
Most Speed Types naturally do give Suicune a hard time. I mean it shouldn't take months to have an opinon on that. I agree, Pikachu Libre is possibly Suicunes hardest MU due to once She's in...She's in. And getting in with him isn't all that difficult.

Don't even try to Y Combo her unless they are going for a lot of grabs. I'd say your best bet for the MU is keep doing Phase Shifts to keep the Pikachu Libre from pinning you as easily. Then again... Field Phase allows her to get in much easier. While Duel Phase allows you to space much easier if he gets in its much harder to get her back out.

I'd say Blizzard for hard reads and A-Beam for some quick damage. Honestly its an up hill battle for Suicune.

I can't speak on Wev since I've not faced any yet. But I've faced about 12 Pikachu Libre's including my friend who was testing him out. While I was easily perfecting him while he was every other character. Keeping him out when he was Pikachu Libre was insanely difficult.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
Pikachu Libre feels like a hard MU to any character though. Especially when you haven't labbed that MU. Her punish game is insane. Suicune probably falls more victim to it because she's just not the best at close range, but from what I've learned about this game, there is almost always a way around a bad MU. Just lab it. You'll figure it out.

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
Suicune is an MU that I'm having the most problem with. Dunno why.

Last edited:
Top Bottom