• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lake Effect results - Grand Rapids, MI [Melee/Project: M]

Arcalyth

GLS | root
Lake Effect
February 23, 2013
Grand Rapids, MI
Melee Singles results ($5, 25 entrants)
1: Slayertokey ($62.50) :falconmelee: :marthmelee: :falcomelee: [Fox]​
2: Blake ($43.75) :falcomelee: :marthmelee:
3: Zbet ($18.75) :sheikmelee: :marthmelee:
4: Warlock Don [Ganondorf]​
5: Super :sheikmelee:
5: Artificial Flavor :luigimelee:
7: Fishnax :marthmelee:
7: Rh1thmz :falcomelee:
9: 401k :falconmelee:
9: root :sheikmelee:
9: Shocksauce :falcomelee: [Fox]​
9: General Heinz :falconmelee:
13: ManaX​
13: Father Time [Link]​
13: Greymatter​
13: Rage​
17: Sophy​
17: Saucy​
17: Joe​
17: HighAWK [Fox]​
17: Twerkmaster (rsr2)​
17: Smok​
17: Kujaku​
17: Skyhi​
25: Shadow1moon​

Project: M Singles results ($5, 17 entrants)
1: Slayertokey ($42.50) :ivysaur: :falcon:
2: Super ($29.75) :sonic: :warioc:
3: Red ($12.75) :sheilda:
4: ,..., :dk2: :bowser2: :falcon: :sheik:
5: root :sheilda:
5: Sophy [Zelda]​
7: Robjoe :zerosuitsamus: :charizard:
7: Flan~ :snake: :ike:
9: Twerkmaster (rsr2) :ganondorf:
9: Jawsome :fox: :link2:
9: Storm :bowser2:
9: A2 :falcon:
13: Doberboy :dedede:
13: HighAWK :toonlink: :fox:
13: ManaX :toonlink: :lucario: :squirtle:
13: McK [Ness]​
17: Lordhelmet :falcon:

rsr2

Smash Lord
This was a really fun tournament. I will do my shoutouts later when I get back from hanging with some friends.

Twerk Team rules.

Arcalyth

GLS | root
SHOUTOUTS TO:

Slayertokey - East MI hype! Proving to everyone that West MI is still free
Zbet - Thanks for the recording setup! Wish I could have played friendlies with you
Warlock Don and Rage - East MI hype! Thanks for the attendance!
Super - GRATS on 5th in Melee! Many thanks for the TO assistance!
Artificial Flavor - Sick upset vs Rh1thmz! Always a pleasure to have you and the rest of Kzoo around
Fishnax - For derping around in friendlies, then sneakily bodying me in bracket!
Rh1thmz - Thanks for always being there when I need your help. I know you'll come back to the next tourney with a vengeance :p
401k - **** THIS 401k BULL**** YOU WILL ALWAYS BE BABY BLUE! Thanks a million for setting up and maintaining the stream!
root - For playing like ass all day! #TOJohns #NoWarmupJohns
Shocksauce - Thanks for the setups and the friends! We'll play more later :p
General Heinz - For supplying the Falcon **** for the day and for bringing that Smash 64 hype
ManaX - Good friendlies, looking forward to watching you improve!
Sophy - FOR BEING GAY LOL (Thanks for helping TO!)
Twermaster - Twerk. (Thanks for helping TO!)
Kujaku - Thanks for coming out man, wish you had a setup to practice on =/
Shadow1moon - Glad you're interested in P:M! Let me know if you ever want to play :)

Red - for running it back #salt #salty #saltfest2k13 (I'm coming back for you!)
,..., - TAUNT CANCEL HYPE n **** (Thanks for helping TO!)
root - for still playing like ass
Sophy - FOR STILL BEING GAY LOL
Robjoe - For the sick money match and the great improvement!
Flan~ - god dammit how do i beat your snake??????
Twerkmaster - TWERK.
Jawsome - Shoutouts to picking up a space animal, wish we could have played more friendlies. Anti-shoutouts for missing the crew battle :p
Storm - God your Bowser got way better. You successfully protected your butthole, friend!
Doberboy - For DDD hype and for being a new father :)
McK - You WILL advance in bracket soon. Keep going!
Lordhelmet - FOR PICKING UP PROJECT: M. HELL YES. And thank you for your support!

SophyBer

Smash Apprentice
I may have just had too much fun at this event. So much hype, so many good games, too much salt though.

Shout-outs to my West Michigan crew for all around just being chill and having a good time! :colorful:

Rh1thmz

Smash Journeyman
Damn, it's nice to finally see an official West MI tournament with some kind of focus on Melee. Sorry that my shoutouts aren't quite as elaborate as they usually are; school johns and being busy and such right now sucks. But I'll do what I can. Let's get right to the shoutouts:

1: Slayertokey ($62.50) :falconmelee: :marthmelee: :falcomelee: [Fox] - Thanks for all of the friendlies after the tournament. Hope you had fun in Kzoo! Also hoping to see you at another tournament some time. And also, hope that ear infection clears up :p
2: Blake ($43.75) :falcomelee: :marthmelee: - Doin' work. Good ****, dude. Sorry I was too busy being a ***** to come cheer you on.
3: Zbet ($18.75) :sheikmelee: :marthmelee: - Good showing today, man. Again, sorry I wasn't there to cheer you on.
4: Warlock Don [Ganondorf] - Bummed that we didn't get to play any matches. Hoping to see you out at a SWEET or something so we can get in some games.
5: Artificial Flavor :luigimelee: - Damn. Some crazy **** went down yesterday, dude. Dat upset. Good ****, man! Caught me completely off-guard.
7: Fishnax :marthmelee: - It was nice to finally meet you. We should get some games in sometime.
7: Rh1thmz :falcomelee: - #PJSalt #lern2mindset #herecomethejohns #illbetakingthebreadnexttime
9: 401k :falconmelee: - Good **** managing the stream! I'll have to ask you for help with VirtualDub here before SWEET XI. And good showing today, dude! You're definitely getting better.
9: root :sheikmelee: - Man, I'm sorry to hear all the bull**** you had to deal with yesterday with GrandLAN, haha :/ You did what you could with faulty tools and options. Good ****, man. Thanks for adding some life into the West MI Melee scene with this tourney! May there be many more to come.
9: Shocksauce :falcomelee: [Fox] - Damn, Luigi, man, lol. I know that feel.
9: General Heinz :falconmelee: - GG's in bracket, I guess. We both played so ****tily during that set, lol. Yesterday was crazy.
13: ManaX - Was excited to play against that Yoshi, but the bracket got further revised/re-generated. We should get in some games some time!
13: Father Time - Hit me up for some games next time! I was wondering where that Link was, man.
13: Greymatter - I believe you were Ezekiel...? If so, GG's in friendlies. Come out to more tourneys! You have the basic tech skill down, just gotta study matchups and further immerse yourself into the competitive scene.
13: Rage - GG's in bracket!
17: Sophy - I guess we didn't get to meet in bracket after all. Hit me up for some games next time we meet!
17: Saucy :sheikmelee: - Thanks for coming out to a tourney with us :p Lol, don't give up on Melee just yet! I really do think that you have promise and that you just need to find a character you have fun playing and learning about and become intellectually intimate with the character's options, gameplay, and MU's. Maybe Peach is your character...?
17: Kujaku - GG's in bracket! Dat Link. I was wondering what TC's partner's tag was from rootfest 3.
25: Shadow1moon - GG's dude!

Special shoutouts to:
-Arcalyth aka root for making this tourney work despite stupid and heavily annoying obstacles. Hopefully you can secure a better venue next time, man. You'll do great! Feel free to let me know whenever I can be of help, man, it's always a pleasure.
-Slayertokey, Warlock Don, Rage, Shocksauce, that Peach player with the crazy awesome tag I can't remember, Kzoo, and anyone else who attended who I can't recall for coming out to smash in Kzoo after the tourney. Lots of great smash bros was played. Hope you all enjoyed yourselves!
-The Kzoo crew, as usual, for being super sexy and awesome
-BABY BLUE *cough* for running the stream, keep improvin' dat ****. And stay smexy
-Everyone else who helped with the operation of the tournament
-Everyone who came out to this, for coming out to this and keeping West MI growing
Good showing, West MI! Watch out, though; I'll be taking first place next time ;)

SophyBer

Smash Apprentice
You guys let Red get 3rd? Haha.
Red is good though, had them reads on us fools in PM (like myself for instance).

9: root :sheikmelee: - Man, I'm sorry to hear all the bull**** you had to deal with yesterday with GrandLAN, haha :/ You did what you could with faulty tools and options. Good ****, man. Thanks for adding some life into the West MI Melee scene with this tourney! May there be many more to come.

Special shoutouts to:
-Arcalyth aka root for making this tourney work despite stupid and heavily annoying obstacles. Hopefully you can secure a better venue next time, man. You'll do great! Feel free to let me know whenever I can be of help, man, it's always a pleasure.
-Everyone else who helped with the operation of the tournament
-Everyone who came out to this, for coming out to this and keeping West MI growing
Good showing, West MI! Watch out, though; I'll be taking first place next time ;)
Yes dude, all of that. Root, epic event dude. I look forward to there being possibly more in the not all too distant future.
:bluejump:

lordhelmet

Smash Master

:yeahboi:

I had fun ****in' around with mah West Michigan bros. I will go back to GrandLan anytime. I started to pick up at Melee pretty fast, I am interested in future Melee setups. Matches in PM were pretty close, if I got my tech skill down I would be the best :denzel:

Full shoutous l8r

Arcalyth

GLS | root
Yoooo Lordy I'm looking forward to meeting you in bracket at Lordy v7 ;)
Thanks for the shouts, Rh1thmz and Sophy :)

I don't think I'm ever going to host at GrandLAN ever again. The manager severely ****** me out by going to a con in Ohio and failing to inform his employees of my event despite planning it with him for over a month. The entire venue feels sketchy and a few people have commented on that (especially parking as well). We maxed out our setup space and there was pretty much nothing they could do about it, forcing the tournament to go excruciatingly slowly. There were a few other things that happened but needless to say I'm not giving them our business again.

I can use the venue from rootfest 2 (the clubhouse of my apartment complex), apparently, which may be a better option for now, but ultimately I'm going to try to get club status at GVSU so that we can host in their beautiful facilities: decent access to food, better parking, more space for setups and attendees, more bandwidth for the stream, and a projector instead of a big LCD TV (Grand Finals hype!). A tournament in Thornapple Room would be beyond legit. West MI deserves this.

rsr2

Smash Lord
Yeah the dude working for some reason looked pissed the entire time. Oh well

But yeah I did find the place a little sketch but you still turned out the tournament and also we were only 30 minutes behind when it came Project M starting so that wasn't a big deal. You did an awesome job and I look forward to the next rootfest. Shoutouts tomorrow, just got home and I have to work in 5 hours >_> Fun....

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Club status at a college is definitely the way to go for securing better venues, good to see you guys doing that. Let me know if you need any help/advice, I'm very familiar with the process (maybe too familiar...) from going through it at UM.

SophyBer

Smash Apprentice
I started to pick up at Melee pretty fast, I am interested in future Melee setups. Matches in PM were pretty close, if I got my tech skill down I would be the best :denzel:
Lordy WAAAY too good.
I'm banning you from seeing me any longer because that's rational.
Stay away from me and my dirty Muskegon-ness.

I don't think I'm ever going to host at GrandLAN ever again. The manager severely ****ed me out by going to a con in Ohio and failing to inform his employees of my event despite planning it with him for over a month. The entire venue feels sketchy and a few people have commented on that (especially parking as well). We maxed out our setup space and there was pretty much nothing they could do about it, forcing the tournament to go excruciatingly slowly. There were a few other things that happened but needless to say I'm not giving them our business again.
Considering it's the owner that failed to tell his employers of our event it's not like you have somehow higher up that you can ***** to... this is ****ty. I thought GrandLAN was a legit place but like you said we kinda quickly ran out of space for TVs, we were consuming walk-in space horribly, and the parking was pretty **** but I feel like that's not something we should always expect to be handed to us unless we were to pay for parking spots/a lot.
Anywho like you said your school would easily be a much better place to hold an event. Hype for whenever your next event is held and I'm glad to help out in whatever way I can when I can.

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
Super makes Shoutouts during his World Religion's class.

Melee Singles
1: Slayertokey - This man walks out of East MI and stomps over the West. I'm sure that's social commentary for something.
3: Zbet - Our set was so much closer than I thought it was going to be. You sure know your Falco, man.
4: Warlock Don - Good to meet you, sorry you had to wait in bracket so long.
5: Super - What are you even doing here.
5: Artificial Flavor - Yoooooo dat Luigi too good. Misfire KO so hyyyype.
7: Fishnax - That heartbreaking SD/gimp in Game 1, man. Thanks for the Marth experience, it came in handy against Zbet.
9: 401k - Falcon too fun. My heart was beating something fierce, you can just take a stock so quick it's crazy.
9: root - Yooooo, 9th isn't anything to sneeze at.
9: Shocksauce [Fox] - Where were you at Project M? I still haven't fought you yet.
13: ManaX - The Wonderbolt.
13: Rage - Get angry.
17: Sophy - Top Tier couch status.
17: Twerkmaster - Twerk harder.

Project M
1: Slayertokey - Next time, Gadget. Next time. Your plants fire lasers. How is this even fair.
2: Super - Too free. Learn to tech skill.
3: Red - sandbag.jpg
4: ,..., - The Punctuation Man cometh. He will put an end to your life. Period.
5: root - That Sheik mindset. Problem with Shielda is you gotta separate the two mid-game. Red did this really well in Crews.
5: Sophy - This man is improving.
7: Robjoe - Don't overthink things so much. You had some legitimate shots at some great wins that slipped out of your fingers.
7: Flan~ - It fits that the brothers tie. Snake it up more.
9: Twerkmaster - Yoooo, I think you'll go far if you keep this Project M and Melee stuff up. Too fun.
9: Jawsome - This man needed to lose harder and generate more salt. Maybe he would have stayed on the roads.
9: Storm - The Oncoming Stooooorm.
9: A2 - Mmmmmaybe you should stick to Falcon in 1v1.
13: Doberboy - Not, in fact, Doughboy.
17: Lordhelmet - Pause taunt more.

General Heinz

Smash Journeyman
1: Slayertokey- good **** curbstomping us, and good games at blake's. if we ever play again you can expect to see a changed falcon!
2: Blake- the current king of the gentlemen's club. good work putting us on the map dude. always good games, though you and me never seem to play each other as much as i play the other guys haha. spring break i'm hoping will be some good training time, so let's play.
3: Zbet- dat tech in place. good ass games in bracket, they were close. i'll make em even closer next time. now let's see if you can keep a main for once :p
4: Warlock Don- good to finally get some quality games in against the legendary don lol. i ****in love the ganon/falcon matchup. great dittos at blake's too. hope to see you at SWEET coming up here pretty soon, we should play a lot more. you're a chill dude.
5: Super- we didn't play at all, but good **** on 5th dude. i'm the guy who kept annoying you asking who i was supposed to play next lol. with any luck i'll be at the next lake effect whenever it is, so let's play!
5: Artificial Flavor- no words. a win is a win, just keep going at it hard if you want to pull it off again. you and i both know what a big target you've painted for josh on that weegee weenie lol
7: Fishnax- first time playing you and they were great games man. keep at that marth. i think we both need to get better at that matchup, at least i know i really do. if you come out to SWEET next weekend we'll definitely get some games in.
7: Rh1thmz- don't sweat it baby. the gentlemen's club got royally screwed by the gentlemen's club, there's no avoiding it. the good news is you beat everyone else you had to face who wasn't someone that knew your playstyle in and out just from constantly playing you. bad news is you lost something that you think you probably shouldn't have, which is maybe neither here nor there. regardless, good (****ty) games in bracket, i'll take it to you harder next time, and i expect you to do the same. that said, let's take a breather over break and just have a smashless chillfest at some point between all the training, i think we could both use it lol
9: 401k- lookin good blue. always a pleasure to hit up a tourney with you. thanks for the ride too, and good **** being our tech dude. msu smash is gonna start training hard. you know what you gotta do, just gotta do it.
9: root- good to see you again man. we didn't play at all but for a first official tourney i was seriously impressed. i'm nowhere near organized enough to pull off what you did, so hats off to you. long live rootfest, and long live lake effect!
9: Shocksauce- duuuude, you're a pretty chill dude, dude. good to meet you and good-ass games at blake's. thanks again for the ride back to kzoo, it was hilarious :p you're always welcome in the gentlemen's club, and hit me up if you're ever in east lansing and we'll play. don't get too salty about that loss to james--believe me, he feeds on salt haha.
13: Father Time- thanks for comin out sam. glad you were able to get your controller too lol. your link is already looking awesome, just gotta keep practicing. msu smash is getting its **** together.
13: Greymatter
13: Rage- good to meet you man, and good games at blake's, especially in teams. hope to see you at more of these in the future. we should play more singles together.
17: Sophy
17: Saucy- don't go dyin on me davy. you can't quit melee. but even if you did i'll always play 64 with you bro (read: **** you at 64 *****)
17: Smok- glad you came with us kan. keep playin and i promise you'll get better. and if you really wanna play more falcon, look no further than eric and me. falcon dittos are like the best way to learn this game lol. that's how i feel anyway.

good games to all, and another shoutout to root for runnin a pretty damn successful first tourney. can't wait for the next installment. the salt's definitely there, just need the opportunity to show those boobs.

RED6

Smash Apprentice
Those Red shoutouts
1: Slayertokey- Good ****, sir. I enjoyed the **** in Winner's Finals. Maybe I'll try to be a contender next time xD
2: Super- Quit sandbagging ;D
3: Red- Silly Red, that's not Brawl
4: ,...,- YoOoO, we need to play next time =O good placing
5: root- Nice tourney, and GG's, bro. We'll settle the score next time ;D
5: Sophy- Nice job, dude. You played well. You'll be bodying soon enough <3 =D
7: Robjoe- Didn't get to play you in bracket, perhaps MM next time? :D
7: Flan~- You did some work on some people, good job sir. GG's
9: Twerkmaster (rsr2)- 'Dat Twerk. Just keep doin what you do, baby ;D
9: Jawsome- HARNESS IT! All of it! <3 xD
9: Storm- <3
9: A2- <3
13: Doberboy- Didn't get to play =/ hopefully next time!
13: ManaX- Don't think we played, man. Next time, we must!
17: Lordhelmet- lol p:m

rsr2

Smash Lord
RSR2'S SUPER KAWAII SHOUTOUTS TIME <3
Melee Side
1: Slayertokey ($62.50) :falconmelee: :marthmelee: :falcomelee: [Fox] - Your matches were sick and your shirt was bad ass. Nice meeting you.
2: Blake ($43.75) :falcomelee: :marthmelee: - Damn dude, way to bring my confidence down. Jk, good games man and your comeback in winner's finals game 2 (I think) was mad hype!
3: Zbet ($18.75) :sheikmelee: :marthmelee: - Congrats on making money!
4: Warlock Don :ganon: - Your ganon is soooo sick!
5: Super :sheikmelee: - That melee status. Good job getting 5th!
5: Artificial Flavor :luigimelee: - Your luigi is awesome to watch!
7: Fishnax :marthmelee: - Nice seeing you again ^ _ ^
9: root :sheikmelee: - Thanks for hosting an awesome tournament man, if you ever need help with hosting a tournament, I will gladly help. I am really bad at this game and get out early enough so I can help out if needed ^ _ ^ Once again thanks :D

13: Greymatter - Good games man, you are pretty chill and you are good ^ _ ^
17: Sophy - TwerkTeam Sophy sounds pretty legit right?

25: Shadow1moon - Good Games man. Keep playing yo!
Project M
1: Slayertokey ($42.50) :ivysaur: :falcon:-Congrats :D

2: Super ($29.75) :sonic: :warioc: - Good job getting second yo. You were right about Project M, this game is hella fun and it was nice seeing you again. I will definitely be hitting up more Project M and Melee tournaments in the future.
3: Red ($12.75) :sheilda: - Dude nice seeing you again and congrats on making bank! Twerk.
4: ,..., :dk2: :bowser2: :falcon: :sheik: - Nice meeting you ^ _ ^
5: root :sheilda: - Basically said everything earlier but good job getting 5th
5: Sophy [Zelda] - Twerk also it was nice seeing you again Dakota. Stay gay.
7: Robjoe :zerosuitsamus: :charizard: - Nice seeing you again and thanks for the friendlies and knocking me out of the tournament. Random is cray :p
7: Flan~ :snake: :ike: - Thanks for the friendlies, they definitely helped me get a better understanding and this game was really fun!
9: Twerkmaster (rsr2) :ganondorf: - Yo
9: Jawsome :fox: :link2: - Nice seeing you again, even though we didn't talk much but you were pretty busy >_>
9: Storm :bowser2: - Your bowser was sick!
9: A2 :falcon:- Yeah I may have been a little salty but Good Games man, it was hella legit. We definitely have to play again :D
13: Doberboy :dedede:- You the most chillest person there. Congrats on the kid man and I am so sorry you got DQ'd : \ But **** happens man and you have a very VERY solid reason why you had to leave. Thanks for the friendlies and I will be down at GrandLan for fighting game nights in the future.
13: HighAWK :toonlink: :fox: - Lazy eye
13: ManaX :toonlink: :lucario: :squirtle: - I did better than you.
13: McK [Ness] - Nice meeting you.
17: Lordhelmet :falcon:- Yo, I will try to come out for the next house tournament. Sorry I didn't get to talk to you that much but I promise next time I am in town, I will bring my magic stuff and we have to play. <3
Random other shoutouts.
Shoutouts to the young dude that looked like Lord Helmet. I saw the back of your head and walked up and said "whatsup stud?" You turned your head and awkward glare happened. Then you said nothing much, no other words were exchanged but sorry about that lol, thought you were someone else and that was hilarious >_>
Shoutouts to Princess Ginger for driving us. I hope you can play next time.
Shoutouts to Subway for being very fancy looking.
Shoutouts to Grandlan for selling cards for very cheap prices, got me some very awesome MTG cards for cheap as hell.
Twerk Team out.

Top Bottom