• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lake Effect 2 - Kentwood, MI

Arcalyth

GLS | root
Lake Effect 2
...enough salt that the snow never mattered...
February 1, 2014 // Kentwood, MI​

Tournament thread/rules: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=332752
Stream URL: http://twitch.tv/arcalyth

This year was HYPE!!! Shoutouts to everyone who came, this tournament was great. So much salt spilled.
Let me know about character picks, as I'm most certainly wrong. :)

1: Conductors of the Hype Train (Solharath + Lordy) ($60.00) :sonic: + :ike:
2: AF + Ginger ($30.00) :luigimelee: + :foxmelee:
3: root + TBird ($10.00) :sheilda:+ :falcon:
4: Gorgonite + Sheknursty
5: NJA + Tran
5: Salvi + Vandar
7: Fingrour + Commander Butt
7: Zulu + MMike
9: Bert East + ManaX
9: Coldcut + Sophy
Lake Effect 2 Melee Singles
Rank
Player
Characters
User
1st
Ginger
$66.00
2nd
BBQ
$33.00
3rd
General Heinz
$11.00
4th
Artificial Flavour
5th
Zbet
5th
Tran
7th
NJA
7th
Lordy
9th
Haunter
9th
Fishnax
9th
Bert East
9th
100%
13th
Fingrour
13th
MRF
13th
Jett
13th
Jake
17th
Phoenix
17th
Tbird
17th
Notorious T
17th
Meelee
17th
Vandar
22nd
Dark
Lake Effect 2 Project M Top 16
Rank
Player
Characters
User
1st
Lordy
$96.00
2nd
Solharath
$48.00
3rd
Benji
$16.00
4th
Ginger
5th
Jawsome
5th
Robjoe
7th
Zbet
7th
Tbird
9th
Fishnax
9th
100%
9th
ManaX
9th
Coldcut
13th
Artificial Flavour
13th
Sophy
13th
root
13th
Cocksock

Congrats to the winners and thank you to everyone who came :)

Last edited:

Coldcut

Smash Rookie
Hype, I exclusively used link for this tourney btw, other than my fox ditto with Benji. Shout outs to root for organizing this, and shout outs to Lordy for destroying Super (and pretty much everyone else) once again.

rsr2

Smash Lord
Good job Lordy and Super <3

Also hopefully I can make it out to the next one. I have been playing it a bit more up here and I miss my West Michigan Studs ; _ ;

Artificial Flavour

Smash Apprentice
Yo Shoutouts to:
Lordy for losing a money match when i hadn't even warmed up yet.
T-Bird for the dollar
Root for the dollar
Benji for the dollar
Coldcut for the dollar
ManaX for going even in the 2 MM's

PM Doubles GF happening round 2 bracket

Zbet for giving me 4th place, that was close as hell dude

Lordy for hosting the after party and getting turnt
T-Bird and Lordy for losing to Ginger and My double Luigi team (get recked)

Everyone I played in friendlies GG's

Root another great tourney with an even better venue. Hopefully these happen more often. Like once a month

And anyone else I forgot

BertEast

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for setting up this tourney root, definitely plan on going to the next installment, or any other events.

Rh1thmz

Smash Journeyman
I had a SoM concert on this weekend but I'll be back to reclaim glory for LE3 for sure

Also, researching venues tonight, hopefully you guys can expect a Kzoo tourney in the potentially near future

Coldcut

Smash Rookie
Artificial Flavour you killed it in money matches. Too bad I didnt get to play you in bracket. Oh and I forgot to include ManaX in my shoutouts earlier for his much improved play at this tourney. You should definitely keep working on that mewtwo game.

T(hunder)bird

Smash Rookie
Shoutouts:
Shoutout to AF for 3 stocking me on FD
Shoutout to General Heinz for telling me before hand to ban FD against AF
Shoutout to ColdCut for knocking out the CSOCK
Shoutout to super for SDing enough so i didn't get 3 stocked
Shoutout to ManaX for the close games
Shoutout to MMike for destorying
Shoutout to McK for shouting
Shoutout to Sophy for shaking my hand
Shoutout to Blake for letting Lordy win this one
Shoutout to Zbet for leaving a 40 at my howse

Root great tourney i will look forward to Lake Effect 3 in the spring when it is raining. We should team again cause i didn't Knee you once.

P.S. Benji for best DK in West Michigan!!

Last edited:

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
1. Lordy (Ike) - Much Ike. Very FSmash. Wow. So game.
2. Solharath (Sonic/Roy/Mario) - Fraudstrats
3. Benji (DK/Fox) - Can we not meet in Loser's so you can take out Lordy and I just don't have to deal with him? I know you beat him more often.
4. Ginger (Fox/Falco) - Talk about the most stressful set of my life. Joining up into PM was great to see!
5. Jawsome (Squirtle/Mario) - Yoooooo, so much hype! GGs on the money match, too! You're doing the withdraw combos!
5. Robjoe (Charizard) - This man fell asleep like seven times before bracket, then roared through Losers before getting stopped by 1st and 3rd. Not bad.
7. ZBet (Fox/Falco) - This man got second last time he came to a rootfest. Now I only see him face the bubbles.
7. Tbird (Falcon) - You're really starting to control the neutral game, it's getting scary.
9. ManaX (Mewtwo/Toon Link?) - Top 10, notbad.
9. Coldcut (Link) - Man comes out of a six month rust period and shows everyone that his coldcut combos are still frosty.
9. 100% (Samus?) - Good stuff!
9. Fishnax (Marth) - I really wanted to go Roy against you so bad, maybe next time.
13. CSock (Ganondorf) - Really glad you showed. Bring that Gdorf hype.
13. Sophy (Mewtwo/Samus) - Everytime I see you, your main seems to change. But I guess now you're Mewtwo for life?
13. root (Sheik/Zelda) - #rootstrats2014
13. Artificial Flavor (Luigi/Ivysaur) - Savor the Flavor.

Shoutouts to Bert for fearing Sonic's Uair against Jiggs.
Shoutouts to ArtificialBird for taking a game off Lordy and me.
Shoutouts to BBQ for being my Melee counterpart in placement.
Shoutouts to Storm's car for stalling and preventing him from coming to the tournament.
Shoutouts to Root for hosting another awesome tournament.

Shoutouts to the three guys I beat in a 3v1. Shoutouts to that Team Killing D3.

Shoutouts to MI weather being balls during the tournament instead of before.

SophyBer

Smash Apprentice
Yo0o0o0o0o00o0o0o0o', for real had too much fun at this event. Didn't do as well as I would have liked but it's really whatever, I had more fun getting bopped than I would have had doing anything else. Do wish I could have made more Pokémon trades with some that didn't have their handhelds on them, didn't have stuff to trade, and those that I could tell were interested in trading but didn't get around to socializing with them.

Shoutouts to Lordy, RobJoe, Super, Flan, Ginger, Benji, Elliot, McK, and CockSock for being faces/names I know and having had been there in general!
Oh yeah, good/bad job placing where ever each of you did in this event.
:b

Shoutouts to MMike and his two super cool buddies that provided me a ride there and back!
:D

Shoutouts to ManaX for having had done as well as he did!
B]

Shoutouts to ZBet for getting his balls broken for thinking that Monogatari S:II wasn't over yet.
:O

Shoutouts to AF for getting a free 6IV Ditto.
;]

Super- duper special shoutouts to Root for being too damn strong and hosting this mad event!
^3^
Also, shoutouts to his buddy for doing such a great job at sitting in that chair near the streaming TV and laptop.
XD

My final shoutouts to out to those that got demolished like myself and despite it all aren't considering quitting Smash in general. You guys are the ever so tasty meat that makes up the girth of the community and as wack as that sounds things wouldn't be as hype as they are without y'all. You guys will get better and sooner or later be the goons placing top at these events. Dedication, yo', get at it. Be smart!
Great to have you all around.
'3'

:drsad:

SophyBer

Smash Apprentice
Certainly sticking with M2 for infinity years by the way, Super.
Dude is just too strong.

I sure did get walked on by Sonic though.
XD
Dude wasn't even going that fast.

Artificial Flavour

Smash Apprentice
Shoutouts:
Shoutout to AF for 3 stocking me on FD
Shoutout to General Heinz for telling me before hand to ban FD against AF

Stuff
The secret is out lol gg's on FD. hopefully we wont face each other round 1 bracket again.

Stuff

13. Artificial Flavor (Luigi/Ivysaur) - Savor the Flavor.

More Stuff
SAVOR THE FLAVOUR BABY ALL DAY

General Heinz

Smash Journeyman
if you didn't hear me say it before, i'll say it again: lake effect, series of the UPSETS.

in favor of the seemingly popular rapid fire shoutouts:

shoutouts to zbet for throwing his set vs jamie. 10/10 very convincing would believe again
shoutouts to tbird for doing work vs AF. you just keep getting better and better man.
shoutouts to tran for what i thought was probably the best set i played all day (and thanks for the friendlies)
shoutouts to ginger for a very close second best set of the day, and for clutching that **** vs brother bbq
shoutouts to fingrour and bert east for repping the newblood of mattawan
shoutouts to sophy for the post-loss pickmeup in the parking lot
shoutouts to sleep deprivation and DSRM (srsly?) for the fun times
legit shoutouts to bbq for the ggs and just for coming out. we all love you man and have your place in the west mi smash community. better see you at sweet for the double runback.
shoutouts to taco bell for the free disgusting food on our way back to lordy's
shoutouts to lordy for putting us up for the night
shoutouts to all the pm guys: benji, super, sophy, mck, coldcut, etc. (so many) for being chill and playing a cool game that i still don't really understand.

and in general just shoutouts to root for the tourney and all you mother****ers for coming to it. in good times and bad, no matter how frustrated i am with the game, with life, with falcon or with myself, it's the people in the smash community around here and everywhere that i can depend on to keep me going. with that, good **** everyone, and i hope to see you at sweet in east lansing (if anyone needs housing hit up the michigan state smash facebook page or pm me here) and def hope to see you all at lake effect 3 if it happens.

WEST MI HYPEE

Gingersnap

Smash Rookie
Shoutouts!
First I'd like to thank Root for throwing an awesome west MI tournament. Spreading out the bracket and making it a really enjoyable experience at a nice venue. Keep it up!

Lordy - Thanks for housing us for the night and taking five of my dollars in PM, once I learn that game I'm definitely coming for you though.
Tbird - The driving skills of a champion and enough melee skills to make for some fun friendlies. Nice seeing you again and I'm looking forward to playing you more!
BBQ - Being my brother and always having to play me in tournament. There was no stopping me in this tournament, but you put in work again everyone else. Thanks for winning teams with me :)
Solharath - That sonic is crazy. I was crazy embarrassed to watch the VoD of that match. I'm definitely excited to play some more PM and play you again :)
Benji - It was awesome meeting you and talking to you during the tournament. Despite my salt towards PM DK, we had an epic set and I really enjoyed playing you :)
Zbet - Having some of the most fun matches as always, kzoo representing at this tournament.
Jawsome - We had a really great set in PM. Sorry for picking fox. Your squirtle looks great and I'm excited to play you some more!
Artifical flavor - The most reliable gent of them all. Never quick picking luigi, he's too hype when you're savoring that flavor. Good showing at this tournament, way too hype for Sweet.

Shoutouts to everyone that I met at that tournament. Even though this was my first PM tournament, no johns. I gotta learn up on some match ups and I'll be perfectly ready for lake effect 3 ;) I love the smash community and I'm a huge supporter West MI. If anyone wants to add me on Facebook I'm Avery Wilson and I'd be happy to get together some time for smashfests.

Keep improving, much love
- Ginger

lordhelmet

Smash Master
Project M Ike (Lordy) vs Sonic/Mario (Solharath) - Lake Effect 2 Grand Finals Game 1 & 2

Project M Ike (Lordy) vs Sonic (Solharath) - Lake Effect 2 Grand Finals Game 3

CBA to fix font.

Shoutouts to Coldcut and ManaX for doing work.

SHOUTOUTS to Mike for the great PM set. Too bad we didn't get to party and random money match!! Next time.

Shoutous to Benji for giving me a free win :denzel:

Shoutouts to Super for another gold in doubles.

Shoutouts to AF for losing 2-0 to TurntLordy as Ivysaur vs my 2 stock Falcon

Shoutouts to the rest of Kzoo for being awesome.

Shouts to root for hosting and being a baller in general.

Shouts to the asian guy who streamed.

Coldcut

Smash Rookie
Root was the dude who streamed the same guy we met at CC from student gamers?

ManaX

Smash Apprentice
This tourney was way to hype for me.
Shouts to root for being a great TO.
Shouts to Super for continuing to run a Sonic I can wrap my head around
Shouts to Lordy for being hypechrist
Shouts to Coldcut for making me realize Tink can't ourplay Link in the range game
Shouts to AF for coming at me thinking I'm a scrub, got a dollar from it.
Shouts to everyone else and apologies to Ber. Also to root for knocking him out of bracket.

Can't wait for the next tournament

BertEast

Smash Apprentice
Well I guess it's okay if everyone is doing it...

Shoutouts to Super's sonic, and that uair
Shoutouts to fingrour and Meelee for providing the ride
Shoutouts to Commander Butt to getting me Wendys
Shoutouts to Elliot for some fun friendlies
Shoutouts to mmike for those awesome DK dittos.
Shoutouts to ManaX for playing PM teams with me, even though we got trampled. Corneria was worth it.
Shoutouts to Root for setting up that tourney and those awesome 2 sets.
Shoutouts to Sophy bringing back the loss by pulling out the Zelda.
Shoutouts to everyone else! As well as that dude I played a ton of friendlies with, and that guy with 17 mewtwos.

Good luck to anyone going to Sweet XIV!!

Last edited:

SophyBer

Smash Apprentice
Shoutouts to Sophy bringing back the loss by pulling out the Zelda.
Shoutouts to everyone else! As well as that dude I played a ton of friendlies with, and that guy with 17 mewtwos.
Bert, once I saw that you were wearing a Jiggs shirt I figured I'd play my Jiggs against you but when you pick Jiggs I hesitated because that's a ditto game I've never really come out on top with. I'm glad I didn't end up going Jiggs because your Jiggs was mad fierce and had I gone mine against yours I don't even know what I would have done. Zelda isn't exactly my best character but she's one of my personal favorites next to MewTwo. I was a little shocked, yet hopeful, when for our last game you picked Bowser and took us to WarioWare. Now I wasn't going to say anything then but I'll say it now... I actually know Bowser really- really well, I know a small army of peers that play him, and I myself know the match- up with Bowser going to WarioWare. You certainly didn't make it easy taking a single game from you though! Keep on keepin' on, yo'!

Yo', I've got 6IV Dittos for trade and all I ask is either any random crap shiny or your Mewtwo. Mewtwo must either be in the MasterBall or at least have it's MegaStone to get a 6IV Ditto. Here's my FC below as well as my Facebook account. Friend me and message me, y'all!
https://www.facebook.com/SophyBer

BertEast

Smash Apprentice
Bert, once I saw that you were wearing a Jiggs shirt I figured I'd play my Jiggs against you but when you pick Jiggs I hesitated because that's a ditto game I've never really come out on top with. I'm glad I didn't end up going Jiggs because your Jiggs was mad fierce and had I gone mine against yours I don't even know what I would have done. Zelda isn't exactly my best character but she's one of my personal favorites next to MewTwo. I was a little shocked, yet hopeful, when for our last game you picked Bowser and took us to WarioWare. Now I wasn't going to say anything then but I'll say it now... I actually know Bowser really- really well, I know a small army of peers that play him, and I myself know the match- up with Bowser going to WarioWare. You certainly didn't make it easy taking a single game from you though! Keep on keepin' on, yo'!

Yo', I've got 6IV Dittos for trade and all I ask is either any random crap shiny or your Mewtwo. Mewtwo must either be in the MasterBall or at least have it's MegaStone to get a 6IV Ditto. Here's my FC below as well as my Facebook account. Friend me and message me, y'all!
https://www.facebook.com/SophyBer
Thanks for the compliment man! I won't be having a hard time with zelda anymore, so prepare yourself (heh). But yeah, if I catch a mewtwo, ill tell ya. Keep working on that PM mewtwo though, can't wait to fight it again!

Arcalyth

GLS | root
Root was the dude who streamed the same guy we met at CC from student gamers?
That was Ricky, Dillon (DDD/Ph1r3)'s friend from GVSU. I don't think he has a tag. Mad shoutouts to him though. He came to Lake Effect last year and was generally a pretty cool guy.

Gonna do my shoutouts now... peace to!!

LORDY for REPPING GRAND RAPIDS **** YEAH - lordy afterparty was probably hype as hell, wish I could have been awake for it.
SUPER for helping with TO ****, congrats on 2nd, one day I will learn how to beat Sonic and then you will (at least mildly) fear me. :p
Benji for helping me reach my potential. Soon we'll knock Super out of top 3 and GR will be dabess :p

EVERYONE IN KZOO. HYPE. You guys have been with me from the start back at rootfest 2, and this fantastic tournament would not have happened without your continued support. Thank you so much for coming, hope to play some ggs with you again soon!

Mike and Dakota because **** yeah Muskegon. Extra shoutouts to Dakota for actually... existing? hahahahaha

Holland crew for bringing the Melee hype! Congrats sweeping the floor in both Melee and PM :)

Shoutouts to all of the newcomers/people I have never seen before. Thanks for coming! If you haven't already, make sure you take a look at our facebook group, West MI Thread, the other Michigan Smash threads, and the Michigan Melee facebook group.

Shoutouts to TBird for doing work with me in teams :) No Tbird OR rootstrats, TEAM TO BE FEARED

Shoutouts to Robjoe for a good(ish) set, your Zard is ****ing sick now. Next time I'll play you when I'm fresher and put up a good fight :p $10 MM next time?

Shoutouts to AF for testing my Diddy :p

Bert East, had a lot of fun in our sets, definitely want to play you again.

Shoutouts to that guy I did Sheik dittos with

Shoutouts to Logan for proving I'm a good trainer ;)

WEEEEEZYYYYYY

Last edited:

SophyBer

Smash Apprentice
Mike and Dakota because **** yeah Muskegon. Extra shoutouts to Dakota for actually... existing? hahahahaha
Sometimes I forget that I exist too!
Yo', life would be much more fluent for me if my damn workplace had me on any bit of a consistant schedule. Looking to get that changed soon and once that's a thing I'll actually be able to have a life.

Top Bottom