• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Laid To Rest

pockeystick

Smash Apprentice
One day at a College I was playing jiggly. Naturally I find it hard to rest with Jigg's, my solution was to config the C stick to special. I would wait until most of the opponents are down to a single stock then I use the simple technique to increase the accuracy. Up C out of Shield+ Short hop Down C instantly. It takes practice to nail. May I suggest to do the rest wisely.

Ninja Puff

Smash Cadet
Doesn't a member have "LaidtoRest" as their username? I could have sworn I saw it. Not sure though.

Another good way of using rest is if someone tries to grab you but you shield evade so they slide right into you, then use rest right after. I've found out that's one of the more easier ways of using it and much of the time it's not too hard to bait into.

Also using Down Aerial into a Rest works pretty well too. There are a few other ways too, but I find that those are usually the easiest and most effective ways.

highfive

Smash Lord
I dunno. I use C stick for my Air's so I don't think B sticking is the way to go for me. I agree with Manic. All personal choice. All though I can see how that could be a game winner control configuration.

GeneralWoodman

Smash Lord
its funny how i post about b-sticking and a few days later someone makes a topic about it.
i sometimes b-stick in teams because of all the pound ATs
reverse forward descending pound automatically sing cancels if you start in the corner under fd.
you can essentially pound under the stage without ever having to grab the ledge.
and its really annoying as well

Veril

Frame Savant
All the pound tricks are possible without b-sticking. Unless your fingers move frame perfect, you can't space aerials the same as with the c-stick. I b-sticked with Lucas for a long long time (Dash canceling in B+ and a desire to play less campy made me decide to switch) and I'm more experienced with it than anyone else who posts here (if you doubt that take a look at some of the first threads I ever made on the Lucas board). It is not worth it.

Other changes in you control scheme can be really useful (z set to attack, x to grab, r or l to special, etc), but c-stick aerials are too valuable to give up for anything.

Woody wins for lightstepping pound though. <3

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
It's not worth sacrificing your magnified spacing ability with the c-stick for b-sticking.

I doubt it will really benifit my rests too dramatically so mine is staying to attack.

This is all my opinion of course.

highfive

Smash Lord
Manic knows his ****. Trufax.

Is there any statistical evidence that suggests keeping your control configuration to C-sticking is greater to B-sticking? Or vice versa?

Ninja Puff

Smash Cadet
I would say whatever works best for you. I've tried other configurations of the controller but no matter what I've tried, I still prefer the default settings.

I say it comes down to preference.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
Is there any statistical evidence that suggests keeping your control configuration to C-sticking is greater to B-sticking? Or vice versa?
Well, you can't DI as effectively with B-Stick, you can't space as well, you can't get out of grabs as well, over half of Jiggs' useful moveset is on that yellow stick.

You're left with what, an unresponsive Rest and arguably useless Pound shenanigans?

tl;dr - B Sticking sucks.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
The pound shenanigans aren't useless. They're great for recovery and it lets you cover a much bigger distance with your highest priority move.
Jigglypuff needs help recovering? LOLOLOL
Kill yourself.

The extra distance from the double reversed Pound is negligible, and every one of these AT's are able to be done without B-Sticking. Me and Veril tested these after the first "Hurr hurr, b stickin' is gud" thread.

Top Bottom