• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lagless nair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zerosiz

Smash Rookie
I'm not sure if this is something already discovered, but I couldn't find anyone talking about it prior so...

Falco can frame cancel Nair in the exact same way he can frame cancel his Dair. SH Nair and then land on the last hitbox of Nair. In comparison to the Frame Cancel Dair it's not as useful (combos stop working pretty early and I only found one kill combo that's not DI tested yet) in a trade off for being a lot more lenient on timing. But then again, I'm not the best at finding combos in the lab so I thought you guys might get a lot more out of it than just me. Most combos are just copies of what Frame Cancel Dair does too, but I haven't put as much practice in as I should have, but so far here's anything remotely interesting
  • At about 60-ish percent and if the opponent is near the ledge, lagless Nair -> RAR Uair -> bBair kills heavies/fast-fallers (needs DI testing)
  • I was able to get really close multiple times to lagless Nair -> Uair -> FF Nair. I was able to get Falco to land on the 3rd hit so I'm assuming that there might be a specific timing to get another lagless Nair.
  • Dthrow -> Lagless Nair works at low percents (0-30/40 ish)
Some other things to mention as well
  • It's probably easiest to do on all 4 hits, but it's not a requirement. The Nair will still cancel even if only the last hit connects, although now it requires your opponent to literally run into Nair, which isn't exactly common.
  • Given with above, shorter characters are extremely hard to make work or not possible at all (Jiggly, Pikachu etc etc).
  • Nair launches opponents too high for Falco to get down fast enough after a footstool

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Thread closed as frame-canceled, frame-synced, perfect-landed, whatever you want to call it, Nair is a known thing. Just not talked about much.
I'm not sure if this is something already discovered, but I couldn't find anyone talking about it prior so...

Falco can frame cancel Nair in the exact same way he can frame cancel his Dair. SH Nair and then land on the last hitbox of Nair. In comparison to the Frame Cancel Dair it's not as useful (combos stop working pretty early and I only found one kill combo that's not DI tested yet) in a trade off for being a lot more lenient on timing. But then again, I'm not the best at finding combos in the lab so I thought you guys might get a lot more out of it than just me. Most combos are just copies of what Frame Cancel Dair does too, but I haven't put as much practice in as I should have, but so far here's anything remotely interesting
  • At about 60-ish percent and if the opponent is near the ledge, lagless Nair -> RAR Uair -> bBair kills heavies/fast-fallers (needs DI testing)
  • I was able to get really close multiple times to lagless Nair -> Uair -> FF Nair. I was able to get Falco to land on the 3rd hit so I'm assuming that there might be a specific timing to get another lagless Nair.
  • Dthrow -> Lagless Nair works at low percents (0-30/40 ish)
Some other things to mention as well
  • It's probably easiest to do on all 4 hits, but it's not a requirement. The Nair will still cancel even if only the last hit connects, although now it requires your opponent to literally run into Nair, which isn't exactly common.
  • Given with above, shorter characters are extremely hard to make work or not possible at all (Jiggly, Pikachu etc etc).
  • Nair launches opponents too high for Falco to get down fast enough after a footstool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom