• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lady Lyndis of Fire Emblem Fame For Smash! (Possible chance?)

Would you like Lyndis for Smash Switch?

• Total voters

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Oh yeah I know I'm like really late but I'd like to be added to the supporters list.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
You can add me as a supporter, too.

Blazing Sword was a fun time for me and Lyn was definitely my favorite Lord in that game. I also really like her design.

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
Oh yeah I know I'm like really late but I'd like to be added to the supporters list.
You can add me as a supporter, too.
Blazing Sword was a fun time for me and Lyn was definitely my favorite Lord in that game. I also really like her design.
Added!

6 Alts in Heroes and 0 in Smash, feelsbadman
Well, at least her being used by IS means they know how popular she is. So, only upwards from here?

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
Of course the week after the "two Lyns" banner they pull out a new Lyn. I just managed to +10 Brave Lyn as well. Here we go again.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Soooo, are you all going to push for Lyn as a Smash fighter or what? She was one of the first CYL winners. Shows she is not old news.

Also, the AT can be removed. Not like it can stop her inclusion.

How many of you heard of the Church of Lyn, or go to that server?

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Last edited:

Edelgard von Hresvelg

Smash Rookie
I feel like every time someone on this site makes a comment hating on Fire Emblem I will need to come here and post my support for Lyn. So in other words I'll be here daily.

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
Hello!

Man, it sure has been a hot minute since I've seen this thread active. So I guess I could potentially get a decent conversation going.

With the recent Addition of Min Min to the game and using a different "Fighter" Spirit, I thought it would be fun to guess which art they could use for Lyn if she somehow gets promoted from an assist trophy.

To my knowledge, there are two more potential art pieces from FE7 they could pull from. the first one being the artwork they used for her Sticker in Brawl's Subspace mode. The second one being this piece of art. I know it's a group shot but I remember seeing a stand-alone version of it in the official FE7 guidebook.

Of course, you have other picks like her Warriors, Heroes, and lastly the 25th-anniversary artbook version as well.

So, I ask you, which version would you prefer to see for Lyn's Fighter spirit? Which do you think is least likely?

Edelgard von Hresvelg

Smash Rookie
I like the Heroes one, and the Warriors one is probably least likely. Hyrule Warriors isn't referenced at all in Smash either so it seems to be intentional.

I will say, at the very least, if Lyn doesn't become playable, it would be nice if her voice were updated.

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
I will say, at the very least, if Lyn doesn't become playable, it would be nice if her voice were updated.
I'm a bit surprised they kept her Brawl voice lines for Ultimate. For Tiki and BK they just used soundbites from Heroes so I figured they'd do the same for Lyn.

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Probably won't happen in this game, but I support Lyn. It's about time we get the West's first proper introduction to the series in Smash.

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
Okay, putting in for this. Lyn's literally the only Fire Emblem character that I want and honestly she deserves it at this point.

And honestly, truth be told, those Elibe remakes are almost certain to be happening, and given the current track record I don't feel they'll skip Fire Emblem this time if there's a new game coming...

EDIT: Just realized I already posted, and on this page no less. My point still stands; I think Fire Emblem releases too quickly to just not be a consideration in DLC, and with it likely being Elibe and considering Lyn's popularity, I honestly find her pretty likely.

Last edited:

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Seeing as the Lyn moveset in the Original Post is MIA, I've taken the liberty of creating another one.
Lyn Splash art.png
Introducing Lyndis, better known by her nickname Lyn, from Fire Emblem: The Blazing Blade! Her unbelievable popularity has finally earned her a spot within the pantheon of Smash characters, and with her inclusion, a brand new kind of playstyle!

Lyn blitzes onto the scene with the blazing speed of the wind itself. Her speed and mobility is unparalleled, having more ways to move about the battlefield than any other character in the cast. With her nigh uncontrollable speed and her frail frame though, her power comes at a cost. She reflects her original character archetype, a high-risk/high-reward character that has overall weak attacks, but critically important killing blows. Invest in Lyn, and her strength will grow proportional to your skill.
01 Introduction
Multiple after-images of Lyn converge to form one whole Lyn who gets ready to strike.

02 Stance
Lyn has her basic Lord stance.

03 Crouch
Kneels one leg on the floor while she has her hand hovering over her blade ready to strike.

04 Idle 1
Lyn briefly tenses up and assumes her Blade Lord stance.

05 Idle 2
Lyn fluffs her giant ponytail.

06 Sprint
Lyn sprints forward while clutching the sheath of her katana behind her.

07 Double Jump
Lyn flips forward or backwards.

08 Wall Jump
Lyn kicks off the wall.

09 Taunt 1
Lyn takes out her katana and points it at the enemy saying "I'll cut you down!" before stylishly sheathing her katana.

10 Taunt 2
Lyn holds the sheathed katana to the ground saying "I've no mercy for you."

11 Taunt 3
Lyn holds the sheathed katana and points at the enemy "If you want to run, do so now."

12 Victory 1
Lady of the Plains
Lyn starts mid-air firing an arrow at the ground, landing and aiming the bow at the camera.

13 Victory 2
Blade Lord
Lyn splits into 5 after images and leaps into the air striking at the camera.

14 Victory 3
We Need Disguises...
A brown cloak descends from the sky wherein Lyn grabs it and clothes herself in it.

15 Defeat
Sorry Mark
Lyn happily claps for the victor.

16 Victory Theme
Winning Road
The first 7 seconds of Fire Emblem: Blazing Blade's version of "Winning Road"
17 Kirby Hat
Sacaen Style
Kirby has Lyn's green ponytail.
01 Shield
Pavise
Lyn holds up her sheath and braces her other forearm against it.

02 Parry
Aegis
Lyn blocks the attack by half-pulling out the katana.

03 Shield Broken
Confusion
Lyn has her hand over her forehead as stars circle her head.

04 Sleeping
Sleep
Lyn sleeps clutching the sheath on her shoulder.

05 Forward Dodge
Repel
Lyn dives forward

06 Backwards Dodge
Close Call
Lyn backflips into position.

07 Spot Dodge
Miss!
Lyn twists and turns briefly almost not moving at all

08 Air Dodge
Blessing of Sacae
Lyn twirls in the air deftly moving away from incoming attacks.

09 Ledge Attack
Vengeance
Lyn flips over and does a vertical slash downwards.

10 Get-up attack
Defiant Attack
Lyn spins around hitting people on both sides with her katana.
00 Shield Special
Law of Sacae
Lyn turns her back towards the camera and flickers, creating an afterimage of herself that repeats her actions but with a half-second delay. As this is an extremely powerful maneuver, it does have a few stipulations: It takes a long time to activate making using it unfeasible unless given ample time, it only lasts for 15 seconds, it vanishes upon shielding, vanishes upon grabbing an enemy, unlike Arsene it has a hurtbox and is destroyed upon any contact with damage, and if the original Lyn takes damage the clone is destroyed.

01 Neutral Special
Galeforce
Lyn goes into an exaggerated iai stance and prepares to strike. From here, pressing in any direction will have Lyn teleport to that position. She can teleport twice before she is forced to either cancel the attack or commit to the strike. Letting go of the special button will have Lyn unsheath her sword and strike with her katana imbued with wind. If she hits, she can immediately go back into the stance, but if she misses she goes into free-fall with significant ending lag.

02 Side Special
Astra
Lyn draws her blade and points it forward. She then flickers, splitting into 3 after-images and dashes forward in a flurry of blade strikes, anyone caught in the middle of dash is caught in a storm of sword slashes which throw the enemy in front of Lyn.

03 Down Special
Wind Sword
Lyn quickly unsheathes and resheaths her katana, creating a sphere of razor wind a set distance away that knocks enemies up for further followups. Similar to Palutena, doing the smash input changes the distance of the sphere of razor wind.

04 Up Special
Mulagir
Lyn dashes forward and disappears, teleporting to whereever the left stick is pointed. She reapears with Mulagir, her nation's legendary bow, and fires an incredibly fast and strong arrow. If she's on the ground, she'll fire it straight forwards, if she's in the air, she'll fire it diagonally downwards.
01 Jab
Adept
Attacks once with an inwards strike with the sheath of the katana, follws up with an outwards strike of the sheath, and then ends the attack with a single diagonal iaijutsu strike, before resheathing her blade.

Her jab infinite involves slashing wildly forward before fiercely slamming the katana back into its sheath.

02 Forward Tilt
Mani Katti
An advancing completely horizontal iaijutsu strike. Has speed, range, and impressive power, but an extremely narrow hitbox.

03 Down Tilt
Desperation
Lyn does a sweeping iaijutsu strike that comes out relatively fast and attacks at the enemy's feet.

04 Up Tilt
Killing Edge
Lyn does a vertical iaijutsu strike, serving as a launcher for anyone on the ground and an anti-air for anyone caught in the air

05 Dash Attack
Rapier
While Lyn dashes, she suddenly stabs forward into the enemy.
01 Forward Smash
Brave Sword.
Lyn leans back and prepares to strike. Upon release, she does a triple strike involving a leaping upwards iaijutsu strike, a quick stab, and finishing with a wide horizontal sweep while dashing forward and past the enemy.

02 Down Smash
Blazing Wind
Lyn adapts a wide stance and prepares to strike. Upon releases, she does a 360 degrees iai strike.

03 Up Smash
Wyrmslayer
Lyn crouches down and prepares to jump. Upon release, she leaps into the air while striking simultaneously.
01 Neutral Aerial
Tempest Blade
Lyn spins diagonally upwards, slicing all those around her and launching them forward and up for further continued combos.

02 Forward Aerial
Swordfaire
A single powerful forward strike that's extremely fast but very narrow.

03 Back Aerial
Vantage
Lyn does a back flips and does an upside down bicycle kick at anyone behind her. There's a sweetspot at the end of the attack that spikes enemies straight downwards.

04 Down Aerial
Sol Katti
A two part down air which consists of an initial hit where Lyn swings the katana doing a vertical flip, spiking anyone caught. An additional button press has Lyn follow up with a falling air attack downwards slamming the katana into the earth (or flying off the edge).

05 Up Aerial
Brash Assault
Lyn does a sweeping double kick into the air.
01 Grab
Provoke
Reachs out with her right hand and grips them by the collar.

02 Pummel
Blunt Sword
Jabs them in the gut with the pommel of the katana.

03 Forward Throw
Smite
Lyn does does a lunging straight with the pommel with all the force she can muster, sending the enemy a short distance but low to the ground, setting up for further attacks

04 Back Throw
Regal Blade
Lyn dashes behind the opponent and stabs backwards with the katana, an extremely powerful kill throw that ends stocks early.

05 Down Throw
Armorslayer
Lyn spins in the air with her leg out, landing on the opponent with a fierce axe kick, popping enemies up for further comboes.

06 Up Throw
Lancereaver
Lyn leaps into the air kneeing the opponent in the face. An effective kill option at high percents.
01 Final Smash
She imbues her katana with the power of wind and strikes horizontally across the entire stage. Her follow-up animation will change depending on if they were hit in the air or on the ground.

By Mother Earth
On the ground, the closest person hit will have Lyn teleport to them and unleash an unrelenting flurry of attacks finishing with her striking the opponent with 4 after-images. Damage and knockback is only applied once she resheaths her sword.

By Father Sky
In the air, the closest person hit will have Lyn teleport next to them. She then splits into 5 after-images which all surround the enemy and rapidly strike them one by one, finishing with the real Lyn slicing through the opponent. Damage and knockback is only applied once she resheaths her sword.
Lyn's head, complete with her remarkable ponytail and her jewelery.
Stock Icon @ Voyager.png
Source
The stage is the plains of Sacae, Lyn's homeland.
Stage.png
The main platform is the top of a tent supported by wooden poles.
Her skins are based off of a number of female myrmidons/swordmasters throughout the series.
Colors.png

1. Lyn from Fire Emblem: The Blazing Blade
2. Ayra from Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War
3. Mareeta from Fire Emblem: Thracia 776
4. Fir from Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade
5. Marisa from Fire Emblem: The Sacred STones
6. Mia from Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance
7. Say'ri from Fire Emblem: Awakening
8. Hana from Fire Emblem: Fates
Lyn's songs, instead of just being from her game, serve as a "greatest hits" series of songs that serve to fill in the gaps of popular Fire Emblem songs that were not included in Smash Bros.

Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light/Mystery of the Emblem/Shadow Dragon/New Mystery of the Emblem
Each Map's Beginning (Trouble!)
Endless Battle
On the Path to Victory
Gaiden/Echoes: Shadows of Valentia
Twilight of the Gods
What Lies at the End
Genealogy of the Holy War
The Final Holy War
Thracia 776
Applying Justice
The Binding Blade
Attack!
The Blazing Blade
Wind Across the Plains
Companions
The Sacred Stones
Determination
Truth, Despair, and Hope
Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn
With Us/Stalwarts Unite
Beauty is a Mad Mistress
Awakening
Divine Decree
Don't Speak Her Name
Mastermind
Fates
Dusk Falls
Justice RIP
Alight
Road Taken
Three Houses
Corridors of the Tempest
Shackled Wolves
God Shattering Star
Heroes
Book II Boss Theme
Book III Boss Theme
Book IV Boss Theme

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Today's Fire Emblem 7's North American birthday, as the first game in the series to be released outside Japan.

Last edited:

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
I thought I got ninja'd again, but this time I get to post the ninja! Another Lyn alt.

amageish

Smash Master
I thought I got ninja'd again, but this time I get to post the ninja! Another Lyn alt.
On the one hand, my goodness Lyn doesn't need more alts...

On the other hand, she brought Florina with her this time so I'm all for it.

Also obligatory r/LyndisAndHerFriend joke.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
New Lyn Figure available!

Top Bottom