• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lady Lyndis of Fire Emblem Fame For Smash! (Possible chance?)

Would you like Lyndis for Smash Switch?

• Total voters

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Wendee Lee not voicing Lyn in Smash Ultimate is extremely disappointing.

If they were going to make the most popular FE character an Assist yet again, then at least update the weakest part of her Assist Trophy.
I don't think they especially care, to be honest.

Jakisthe

Smash Cadet
Moveset ideas:

• B: Starts forming a circle around Lyn; if enemy touches this circle as it grows, she teleports behind them. Grows to a maximum of 1/2rd of FD before dissipating. Can hold to teleport to front.
  • Side B: Lyn shimmers for a split second, and dashes towards nearest opponent it's aimed at, going about 1 platform length.
  • Up B: Lyn forms 2 clones on either side of her; after a split second, the three Lyn's all do a cross slash up in an X-with-a-vertical-line-down-the-middle shape. The player regains control as one of the Lyns following the completion of the move; either no movement, to be middle Lyn, or tilt stick to one side or another to continue controlling one of the side Lyns. Other Lyns disappear.
  • Down B: Shimmers for a split second, and starting 2 seconds later, any time in next 6 seconds, if the player moves within dash range of an enemy, another Lyn appears from the other side of the nearest enemy and does Side B at them. Can store up to 2 Lyns at a time this way, who will attack in succession.

Forward smash would be her bow.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Moveset ideas:

B: Starts forming a circle around Lyn; if enemy touches this circle as it grows, she teleports behind them. Grows to a maximum of 1/3rd of FD before disappating. Can hold to teleport to front.
Side B: Lyn shimmers for a split second, and dashes towards nearest opponent, going about as far as Fox's dash.
Up B: Lyn forms 2 clones on either side of her; after a split second, the three Lyn's all do a cross slash up in an X-with-a-vertical-line-down-the-middle shape. The player regains control as one of the Lyns following the completion of the move; either no movement, to be middle Lyn, or tilt stick to one side or another to continue controlling one of the side Lyns. Other Lyns disappear.
Down B: Shimmers for a split second, and starting 2 seconds later, any time in next 6 seconds, if the player moves within dash range of an enemy, another Lyn appears from the other side of the nearest enemy and does Side B at them. Can store up to 2 Lyns at a time this way, who will attack in succession.

Forward smash would be her bow.
Those special moves sound cool and all, but a swordsman, and more importantly, an iaijutsu practitioner, using a bow as their forward smash seems...
wrong.

Jakisthe

Smash Cadet
Yeah, I wasn't sure where to stick her bow; it definitely doesn't belong in her B moves, given how infinitely more central her being a teleport-ninja-clone-swordsman is to who she is and her functionality in all her appearances, but she also definitely has a bow in the first place. I figure the iaijutsu would be in the side, up, and down B moves, both from her and her clones.

D

Deleted member

I'm not going to lie, sometimes I find it amusing how much support Lyn gets from people who criticize Awakening and Fates for having too many "waifu material" characters and the people who complain about too many Fire Emblem Sword users in Smash.

Lyn is both, but she gets a pass from a lot of the people who complain about this stuff.

Personally though I never liked either of those complaints so I don't have a problem with Lyn. And thanks to her popularity she is one of the more likely choices for a new Fire Emblem character (after Ultimate of course. You know, assist trophy and all) and one of the best in my personal opinion.

Consider me a supporter.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Idon Idon whats the source of that image in your signature?

BTW regarding making Lyn unique... i don't think it would be particulary hard even if you don't touch the bow. personally i think that would be an interesting concept if her sword is always sheathed for her tilts and smashes to be compromised by either non sword moves or very fast and powerful, but very commited slashes.

For example jab would be a quick pummel hit that doesn't kill or do much damage, but have decent kockback to work as a spacing tool, down tilt a very quick kick that don't do much damage, but is good to test your oponnent reactions, forward tilt a decent but not great kick with not much endlag, but if you input again it becomes a 2 hit moves were she unsheathes her sword and do a quick slash, for good damage and set knockback, but punishable endlag.
up tilt similar to forward tilt but starts with a upwards pummel.
Then smashes would be her unsheating her sword with lots of power and little start up (fast) but tons of endlag meaning any whiff would be punished heavily. (say she needs to re sheat her sword).
This would be interesting in the sense Iaijutsu sense that while deadly, every time she unsheathes her sword should be calculated and commited and would mimc the Iaijitsu philosophy of getting rid of all usless motions in order to reach speed.
And certainly would be inmmmediatly different to marth/ ike and teh swordsman archetype that is "look at me throwing all this safe attacks that you cant punish anywyas due to me spacing" kinda pressure.

Other interresting idea (albeit completely different) is that her attacks not only include a hitbox, but also a movement , meaning that you should be minding not only your hitbox but also where you are moving your hurtboxes in order to keep them safe. which would go to the "Agile swordfighter" archetype, while still having attacks with high commitment but you need to manage your spacing different in order to make them safe.

Finally since there is the classical samurai archetype having multiple swords and this being Fire emblem, a mechanich where she can switch blades could also work very well, her attacks animation and hitboxes would be teh same, but different swords would give different attributes. (Shield breaker extra shield damage at teh cost of knockback, Killing edge can reuse the item mechanichs that deals extra damage and knockback during certain intervals, Silver sword would be the standard, etc) considering she would be fighting with her sword sheathed most of the time, wouldn't look awkard for her to switch swords as a special move. If you played Muramasa, they can also add a quick graphic to signal the sword change.

As for aerialas, an idea could be that her aerials doesn't have the arcs that are so good for zoning, but makes her change her air direcction, in order to make her more evasive (think stuff like mii gunner forward air or a down air that stalls her fall) Also not having those sweet archs other sword fighters havewould mean that her attacks should be more precision based.

Add some standar "movement specials" like a version of metaknight's "dimensional cape" as up b, something akin to "fox illusion" as side b... and you get yourself a pretty unique fighter that uses a sword. and fits the myrmidon archetype. as for the AT, just replace her with the next more popular myrmidon and you are done.

WaddleKing

Smash Ace
NNID
Nassim250
I don't think I've stated this on Smashboards before but so far Lyn has for years been and still is my favourite Fire Emblem character. Although I'm not very invested into the series (I prefer Disgaea in terms of games like these, though I haven't played that enough truth be told) but if we got Lyn that would be a Fire Emblem character I'd truly be interested in seeing and I would get hyped for.
It's quite unlikely now and I am unsure how she'd fare as a contender for the future, largely due to the prevalence of sword fighters in the Fire Emblem roster already, though I suppose she could differenciate herself due to her different type of sword, fighting style with it as well as different weapons she's had in some other appearances. I would love to see Lyn get a bit more merchandise or other things too.

So yeah, sign me up.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Idon Idon whats the source of that image in your signature?

BTW regarding making Lyn unique... i don't think it would be particulary hard even if you don't touch the bow. personally i think that would be an interesting concept if her sword is always sheathed for her tilts and smashes to be compromised by either non sword moves or very fast and powerful, but very commited slashes.

For example jab would be a quick pummel hit that doesn't kill or do much damage, but have decent kockback to work as a spacing tool, down tilt a very quick kick that don't do much damage, but is good to test your oponnent reactions, forward tilt a decent but not great kick with not much endlag, but if you input again it becomes a 2 hit moves were she unsheathes her sword and do a quick slash, for good damage and set knockback, but punishable endlag.
up tilt similar to forward tilt but starts with a upwards pummel.
Then smashes would be her unsheating her sword with lots of power and little start up (fast) but tons of endlag meaning any whiff would be punished heavily. (say she needs to re sheat her sword).
This would be interesting in the sense Iaijutsu sense that while deadly, every time she unsheathes her sword should be calculated and commited and would mimc the Iaijitsu philosophy of getting rid of all usless motions in order to reach speed.
And certainly would be inmmmediatly different to marth/ ike and teh swordsman archetype that is "look at me throwing all this safe attacks that you cant punish anywyas due to me spacing" kinda pressure.

Other interresting idea (albeit completely different) is that her attacks not only include a hitbox, but also a movement , meaning that you should be minding not only your hitbox but also where you are moving your hurtboxes in order to keep them safe. which would go to the "Agile swordfighter" archetype, while still having attacks with high commitment but you need to manage your spacing different in order to make them safe.

Finally since there is the classical samurai archetype having multiple swords and this being Fire emblem, a mechanich where she can switch blades could also work very well, her attacks animation and hitboxes would be teh same, but different swords would give different attributes. (Shield breaker extra shield damage at teh cost of knockback, Killing edge can reuse the item mechanichs that deals extra damage and knockback during certain intervals, Silver sword would be the standard, etc) considering she would be fighting with her sword sheathed most of the time, wouldn't look awkard for her to switch swords as a special move. If you played Muramasa, they can also add a quick graphic to signal the sword change.

As for aerialas, an idea could be that her aerials doesn't have the arcs that are so good for zoning, but makes her change her air direcction, in order to make her more evasive (think stuff like mii gunner forward air or a down air that stalls her fall) Also not having those sweet archs other sword fighters havewould mean that her attacks should be more precision based.

Add some standar "movement specials" like a version of metaknight's "dimensional cape" as up b, something akin to "fox illusion" as side b... and you get yourself a pretty unique fighter that uses a sword. and fits the myrmidon archetype. as for the AT, just replace her with the next more popular myrmidon and you are done.
Enjoy
__lyndis_fire_emblem_and_fire_emblem_rekka_no_ken_drawn_by_illustman_u_ip8s__sample-62c907ab76...jpg

DNeon

Smash Lord
NNID
D_Neon_Lamp
I'm not going to lie, sometimes I find it amusing how much support Lyn gets from people who criticize Awakening and Fates for having too many "waifu material" characters
You can like a waifu and dislike that new games are MUCH more waifu related. Furthermore it's pretty hard to compare Lyn to the Likes of Camilla, Tharja, Nyx, Charlotte, Kagero, Orochi, Rhajat, Ophelia, Olivia, Aversa. And considering that Lyn is easily the biggest waifu of her game it's pretty talling that you can make a list that long from 2 games in the series.

Just saying, you can like a character and dislike that new games go further with some of their traits than the character ever went. If you don't want to get into that argument about it then it can just be considered 'too much of a good thing', or 'too many cooks spoil the broth'. Too many waifu's spoil the game.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
I think that it helps that for a lot of people, Lyn is the "Marth" of fire emblem. it also helps that she represent myrmidons that gotta be one of the more popular classes, and i personally have some clear ideas of how her moveset would work and find them very interesting...

It also helps that Eliwood was kinda boring and we have roy anyways... I think that Lyn have more going for her than just "waifu" (I also LOVE her color scheme... for the ones who care DX)

BTW add me tio supporters if im'n not already in... altough it will be a hard fight when you have to compete against bomberman or other FE characters DX

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I'll give Lyn one thing, FEH's poll still proves that she is popular to this day, even if it was to late to influence anything in Smash Ultimate.

So we can hope all the Lyn alts alone will mind him that she is still popular as she was in the past.

Last edited:

P.Kat

Smash Champion
I'll give Lyn one thing, FEH's poll still proves that she is popular to this day, even if it was to late to influence anything in Smash Ultimate.

So we can hope all the Lyn alts alone will mind him that she is still popular as she was in the past.
It's possible that we could get her for DLC, either this wave or the next.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Well...
game's launched and it's pretty clear she's not cutting it in DLC either.
sigh

One day, guys.
One day.
despair.jpg

Last edited:

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
Lyn was the first Spirit I promoted. The moment I saw her on the board I rushed to get her. Wish she was more, but oh well.

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
Now, I'm sure some of you Lyndis supporters have heard about the recent leaks regarding the mystery "Brave" character.

Well, let's think about it like this. Of all of the first wave of "Brave Heroes" from Fire Emblem Heroes are already in smash (Ike, Roy, and Lucina.)

All but one. The most popular "Brave" Hero even above Ike.

Don't want to get people's hopes up, but I think we might be onto something here gang.

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
Now, I'm sure some of you Lyndis supporters have heard about the recent leaks regarding the mystery "Brave" character.

Well, let's think about it like this. Of all of the first wave of "Brave Heroes" from Fire Emblem Heroes are already in smash (Ike, Roy, and Lucina.)

All but one. The most popular "Brave" Hero even above Ike.

Don't want to get people's hopes up, but I think we might be onto something here gang.
Ehh I'm pretty sure the move data that leaked with it would suggest someone a little slower than I would expect Lyn to be.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Hello Lyn fans. I am here to inform you on a new movement that could help benefit you and other deconfirmed characters a lot. It's called #UpgradeAssists and it's been getting bigger as of late. The idea is that we would bring up arguments as to why that character should be playable or just talking about them with the hashtags #UpgradeAssist and #AssistAlliance. Even if you don't have a Twitter, you can join the server listed below to learn aways of how to push your character. All FE fans are welcome, but I am sure most of you want better for the best FE7 Lord

It's a server and Twitter community all about supporting the idea of AT's and deconfirmed characters being promoted to playable or just still talking about them for the future to come. I advise all of you to join this server and help fight for their cause. It could benefit us for future Smashes if we do everything they say. See you all there.

https://discord.gg/pHF5jgf
Neat.

Maybe one of these days I'll spend some time figuring out how to work Twitter.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Neat.

Maybe one of these days I'll spend some time figuring out how to work Twitter.
That's definitely the spirit. The more people spread the word, the better. Not enough people are vocal for her now sadly, but that will change soon.

And we do got a Discord server on this thing too if you are interested.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Shame that most seem had given up on her, She is popular as hell in FEH, so why not those same fans push for her to be in the next Smash.

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
Shame that most seem had given up on her, She is popular as hell in FEH, so why not those same fans push for her to be in the next Smash.
We still don't know if Spirits/Summons/ect. are out of the running or not for DLC. Personally, I would love it if they do a themed season pass for Assist Trophies into playable characters after this current season pass.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
We still don't know if Spirits/Summons/ect. are out of the running or not for DLC. Personally, I would love it if they do a themed season pass for Assist Trophies into playable characters after this current season pass.
That is fair, hence why people started the #AssistAlliance movement from the start.

But you are right, w would have to really see if it will happen. AT promotions for DLC is something we would all really want, even if it means our girl finally being playable.

Last edited:

SPEN18

Smash Lord
Hey all,
It's kinda weird that I haven't popped in here yet, but I've been spreading love for the lady Lyndis around the rest of the Newcomer Speculation boards. Lyn's one of three characters (the others being Isaac and Andy) at the top of my list of requests for Smash, as she's the most notable FE character not yet in Smash, being massively popular and incredibly significant within the series. I've also played FE7 a bunch of times, so that's also there.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Oh uh, just so you guys know, it's unofficially Lyn month right about now so check out twitter for a large resurgence of Lyn fanart.

D

Deleted member

Lyn's enduring popularity despite her game having been released years ago is I think one of the best reasons to include her in Smash. I wouldn't care how unique of a fighter she is either. Popularity alone can get someone into Smash. :)

UserKev

Smash Champion
I like Lyn's classic model. I guess I got turned off by Fire Emblem: Warriors Lyn.

If Lyn gets into Smash, I want the innocent Fire Emblem 7 Lyn.

SPEN18

Smash Lord
I like Lyn's classic model. I guess I got turned off by Fire Emblem: Warriors Lyn.

If Lyn gets into Smash, I want the innocent Fire Emblem 7 Lyn.
yeah idk why they'd choose the Warriors design over the original.

SPEN18

Smash Lord
I mean, the only real design differences between Warriors Lyn and OG Lyn is the addition of sporty shorts.
there seem to be a couple of other small changes but yeah overall they're mostly the same. I actually haven't played Warriors so I was thinking they were more different.

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
there seem to be a couple of other small changes but yeah overall they're mostly the same. I actually haven't played Warriors so I was thinking they were more different.
You might have been thinking about her Promotion outfit in Warriors rather than her base costume. That has some significant design differences from her base outfit.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
You might have been thinking about her Promotion outfit in Warriors rather than her base costume. That has some significant design differences from her base outfit.
I honestly hope that if, God willing, Lyn ever makes it, that her Blade Lord/Awakening Swordmaster art gets an alternate costume.

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
I honestly hope that if, God willing, Lyn ever makes it, that her Blade Lord/Awakening Swordmaster art gets an alternate costume.
I think her Awakening costume is the most 'guaranteed' of her various costumes and you can play around with it. Her hair color, her dress physics, and for added fun changing the Sol Katti from its GBA look to its god awful Awakening look.

Last edited:

UserKev

Smash Champion
I mean, the only real design differences between Warriors Lyn and OG Lyn is the addition of sporty shorts.
Its not just that one detail. Fire Emblem Warriors Lyn look "adult", serious and bland. I like Lyn's Brawl model for example because its simplistic and memorable.

Top Bottom