• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lady Lyndis of Fire Emblem Fame For Smash! (Possible chance?)

Would you like Lyndis for Smash Switch?

• Total voters

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026

Her real name is Lyndis, and she's the last survivor of one the Sacaen tribes. She's strong and friendly, and her swordsmanship is epic. If you summon her in this game, she'll charge herself up before laying a Critical Hit on her nearest opponent. Expect a solid strike from her to leave a mark!"
- Super Smash Bros for Wii U trophy description
WHO IS LYN?
Lyn, known formally as Lyndis, is a character in Fire Emblem: Rekka no Ken/The Blazing Sword in Japan and just Fire Emblem to the West. A Lord who grew up on the plains of Sacae, Lyn is one of the game's main protagonist (also known as Lords) alongside Eliwood and Hector. She joins them in their battle against Nergal. a deranged Madman who wishes to bring back the Dragons of old to harness their power and take over the world.

WHY SHOULD SHE BE IN THE NEXT SMASH BROTHER'S GAME?

Lyn was one of the first Fire Emblem Lords that came to West, as Fire Emblem: Rekka no Ken/The Blazing Sword was one of the first Fire Emblem games Western players ever got to play. As a prequel to the 6th entry of the franchise, the 6th being Fire Emblem: Fūin no Tsurugi/The Binding Blade (The one with Roy in it), it was the perfect game to send over to the west, as it didn't need any backstory or prior knowledge of the previous games to fully enjoy it. Lyn was the main character of her own story that served as a tutorial for new players, getting to know the mechanics of the game as Mark, a duo-avatar for the player to put themselves into as the group's activation. Think of him as Robin, but with fewer lines....as in no lines.

Most Players still fondly remember their time with Lyn in both her tutorial Story and the main one. So much so, when the Fire Emblem: Heroes Character Poll showed up, dividing all of the Fire Emblem characters into a male and female ballot, Lyn was voted the number one Heroine with 49,917 total votes, beating out the likes of Lucina (42,875) and Tharja (29,540). In fact, Lyn had the total amount of votes for a single character in the ballot, with the Hero side of the ballot having Ike as it's number one voted hero with only 33,871 total votes for his Path of Radiance incarnation. This has shown that while Lyn might not be more well known than some of the more recent Fire Emblem characters from Awakening and Fates, but she still is very fondly remembered by most of the Fire Emblem community for being one of their favorite Lords in the franchise, even more so than the current members of the Fire Emblem Roster in Smash Brothers 4.

She was also recently added to the roster of Fire Emblem Warriors, a spin-off of the series featuring most of the recent favorites and classic characters. IS knows she is popular now with the success of CYL voting and is willing to put her into more games outside of the main series.

HOW WOULD SHE PLAY IN A SMASH BROTHER'S GAME?
Note: I've never been good at describing how a character would play in Smash Brothers, never had the ability for it. But if someone wants to make a big text blurb for how Lyn could play in Smash Brothers, then feel free to message me with the text and I'll insert it into the OP. I'll even take multiple so feel free to send me your recommendations and suggestions.

Last edited:

Pillowpet

Smash Apprentice
Yes please! Fire emblem blazing blade was the first game I played and I was kind of dumb so I didn't use any of the lords except Lyn so she was my favorite

To reply : In smash I think she would play as a speedy hit and run character with fast attacks and a powerful combo game like sheik while also having useful retreat options to get out of scary situations.

Last edited:

Lola Luftnagle

Banned via Warnings
Yes, well...I shall support this. I say the more female swordsmen, the merrier. :love:

She packed a pretty good punch as an assist trophy in Brawl and 4. Make her play-style (not necessarily the move set) similar to my girl :4lucina: where her sword has that all-rounder nuance to it.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Oooooh! Pick me! I want to support Lyn. She's the true Ballot Winner that everyone deserves.

D

Deleted member

While she'll likely stay an assist, I support regardless.

Kirbeh

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Still support. I'm glad she's at least gotten consistent Assist Trophy status, but I hope that one day she and other characters like Starfy and Isaac can follow Mac to become actual fighters.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I still support. However, if I had to choose between her and Hector, I really wouldn't know who to pick.

Also @ManlySpirit has the best detailed move set for Lyn ever. It even inspired the Project M team.

She's certainly popular, but having recently played FE7, she isn't as much of a main character after her story ends compared to the other two Lords. However due to her insane popularity this might be overlooked.

Also who you think Lyn eventually pairs up with? I think the strongest evidence goes to Hector, and then Rath. She could easily be the mother of Lilina, and Sue always hit me as a mix of Lyn and Rath. Lilina has a similar hairstyle as Lyn, this is especially noticeable in her FE7 child sprite.

FE6 and FE7 need a port / remake. It's long overdue.

Pillowpet

Smash Apprentice
I still support. However, if I had to choose between her and Hector, I really wouldn't know who to pick.

Also @ManlySpirit has the best detailed move set for Lyn ever. It even inspired the Project M team.

She's certainly popular, but having recently played FE7, she isn't as much of a main character after her story ends compared to the other two Lords. However due to her insane popularity this might be overlooked.

Also who you think Lyn eventually pairs up with? I think the strongest evidence goes to Hector, and then Rath. She could easily be the mother of Lilina, and Sue always hit me as a mix of Lyn and Rath. Lilina has a similar hairstyle as Lyn, this is especially noticeable in her FE7 child sprite.

I'd love a FE6 or FE7 remake or port but unfortunately I think they are going to remake many of the Japanese exclusive games first especially the early ones. FE6 might have a slim chance but FE7 probably not for a while. If Shadows Of Valentina is succesful they will probably make more remakes but if not... More likely to see an entirely new game

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I think FE2 remake is going to do extremely well. Just look at the game, and how many elements the game hadn't that even modern FE never had. It'll do great am sure of it.

I also doubt that FE6 will be done without FE7, unless it's a Virtual Console release. Which I wish they would've done after Roy's return in Smash..... same with Lucas and Mother 3. :rolleyes: 'Yo look here are these popular veteran characters from Japanese only games of highly acclaimed gaming series! What? Localization of those games!? No just buy them as DLC, don't forget an Amiibo tho!'

I agree that remakes of older games are more likely. Am also excited for FE4 and FE5 remakes actually so it doesn't matter much for me.

Last edited:

Pillowpet

Smash Apprentice
I think FE2 remake is going to do extremely well. Just look at the game, and how many elements the game hadn't that even modern FE never had. It'll do great am sure of it.

I also doubt that FE6 will be done without FE7, unless it's a Virtual Console release. Which I wish they would've done after Roy's return in Smash..... same with Lucas and Mother 3. :rolleyes: 'Yo look here are these popular veteran characters from Japanese only games of highly acclaimed gaming series! What? Localization of those games!? No just buy them as DLC, don't forget an Amiibo tho!'

I agree that remakes of older games are more likely. Am also excited for FE4 and FE5 remakes actually so it doesn't matter much for me.
It would be really cool if they just sold an FE 6 and 7 remake together for switch but I doubt it will be on switch seeing as we are getting fire emblem warriors, shadows of Valentina and the rumored fire emblem switch in 2018

Kirbeh

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
It would be really cool if they just sold an FE 6 and 7 remake together for switch but I doubt it will be on switch seeing as we are getting fire emblem warriors, shadows of Valentina and the rumored fire emblem switch in 2018
While we've got a Switch game on the horizon for 2018, that doesn't mean it'll be the only FE game in the Swtich's life. A merged remake of those two would be a great idea imo, though I think they'll likely continue down the list rather than jump straight to it.

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
I always paired Lyn up with either Kent or Hector, depending on the story mode that was being played.

If it was Eliwood's story, Lyn would go with Kent. If it was Hector's story mode, Lyn would end up with him for those extra story bits.

Also, never liked Rath. His "too cool for the school" attitude always rubbed me the wrong way. Worst Boy never deserved Best Girl in my opinion.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I always paired Lyn up with either Kent or Hector, depending on the story mode that was being played.

If it was Eliwood's story, Lyn would go with Kent. If it was Hector's story mode, Lyn would end up with him for those extra story bits.

Also, never liked Rath. His "too cool for the school" attitude always rubbed me the wrong way. Worst Boy never deserved Best Girl in my opinion.
Rath is a good unit though. Despite him joining late, and in Lyn's story being a far higher level than the rest, thus soaking up experience, I really like him. He's always certain to max Strenght and Speed, which is a thing I can always appriciate. Lyn and Rath would settle in Sacae, and I think that's most fitting for Lyn. However, I think the story makes it pretty clear she likes Hector most- those damn teases all the time! And yes, Hector mode extra bits.

Kent is also a cool choice, opted for that one once as well. I just don't really see him being able to enjoy a life on the plains! :laugh: Sain however, that's a different thing... He could just live about anywhere. Am pretty dissapointed there where no supports between Sain and Lyn. That'd be my favorite pairing for sure!

C:

'Sain? Sain! You're not paying attention again!'
'...Oh! Sorry Lady Lyndis it was nothing, just paying attention to the wind that's all!'
'You're a knight Sain, start taking responsibility as one! H-hey Sain! I'm over here!'
'...Lady Lyndis you are making it even harder for me to concentrate right now.'
'That's not what I was talking about! Why are you acting so strange?'
'Just minding the wind my Lady! She blows ever so gently. *smirks*'

B:

'Sain, I'm not gonna tell you again.'
'You know how I get with these cool breezes my Lady, even if I'm a knight I gotta appriciate the finer things in life too!' *Sain trademark smirk*
'Sain this is a battle field! Everytime I stumble across you, it feels like I have to pay extra attention for you to! On the battlefield you're amazing on your own, how come that everytime I'm around I have to watch your back as well?'
'... Well...'
'Well what Sain!? It's starting to get on my nerves.'
'Don't you ever think your style of clothing is a bit too... revealing my Lady?'
'...This is traditional Lorca garb Sain, I got this from my mother, who got it from my grandmother as a wedding gift! Y-you aren't...'
'Oh no Lady Lyndis it's nothing like that!' *Lyn runs off* 'Lady Lyndis! ...Lyn!'

A:

*Sain approaches Lyn*
'...No Sain leave me alone I don't need your 'protection'! And I don't want you sneaking a peek up on me! So leave me!'
'Lady Lyndis, no Lyn... I have indeed misbehaved and I've served your poorly, but please hear me out!'
'...'
'Ever since I first layed my eyes on you, this burning heart of mine exploded with a passion I never felt before! I-I was never too strong in expressing it, but now you've found me out, I cannot hide my feelings any longer.'
'Please go on...'
'Lyn, you are not only the most beautiful woman I ever layed my eyes on, you are so different from the rest! You are brave, daring, you always follow your heart, how can a mere simple knight like myself not fall for such a beautiful lady as yourself! Not only that, ever since we took back Caelin, you've grown, you've developed... You're the kind of woman I would defend till death, and I would die for you my Lady, without remorse!'
'Sain, I never knew... You speak so passionately!'
'This is all thanks to you my Lady! I am a knight, I live to serve country and king, but you have given new meaning to that! ... I never experienced this before, yet I long to explore the debts of these emotions.'
'Sain, you shock me this is so unlike you! ... And aren't you after all the other ladies to? Please don't joke about serious matters like these!'
'It was a ruse! Lyn, I would never expect a woman like you to take a man like me seriously! How can I live on with such a heavy heart knowing you'll never want me!? Not any, or even ALL of these beautiful women could ever satisfy me the way you make my heart burn with passion.'
'Do you speak truely Sain?'
'Yes Lady Lyndis, I love you, I love you with all my heart!'
'Me too Sain... Me too.'

And boom, best pairing ever! Writing this came out pretty effortlessy even, that's how much sense this pairing makes!

Pillowpet

Smash Apprentice

*cough cough* Rath is best besides Dorcas

D

Deleted member

SUP HOMIE!

Yeah, you can add me to whatever.

Also, here's the moveset that I sent to the PMDT a couple years ago in case you guys are intersted:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/180ZVVkyf9QUfRZL4Z8urqrjWFQDCYY7nWKBrevPGvm0/edit?usp=sharing

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
SUP HOMIE!

Yeah, you can add me to whatever.

Also, here's the moveset that I sent to the PMDT a couple years ago in case you guys are intersted:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/180ZVVkyf9QUfRZL4Z8urqrjWFQDCYY7nWKBrevPGvm0/edit?usp=sharing
Yo bro am fine man how about you!? Didn't even knew you still browsed these boards! Good to see you back.

That move set is heavily detailed! Still impressed by it today, never knew you worked it out till such a great detal. It's no wonder the Project M team took interesst in it. How'd that all work out?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Yes Yes Yes
Support. Lyn remains my favourite lord in the series, only matched by Ike.

I'll actually stop asking for Fire Emblem characters once I get Lyn.

Pillowpet

Smash Apprentice
Yes Yes Yes
Support. Lyn remains my favourite lord in the series, only matched by Ike.

I'll actually stop asking for Fire Emblem characters once I get Lyn.
One does not simply, stop asking for fire emblem characters!

More games will always come

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
To be honest, if you don't play Lyn Mode, she's not a very strong character in FE7. She needs that Mani Kati, and once it's used up she has nothing to really make her all that useful. With healthy leveling in her own mode, she's able to hold her own with a simple Iron Sword. Without it, she's too frail.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
For what it's worth, she's the only FE character addition that would not get a Super Fire Emblem Bros joke upon their reveal from me.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Like anyone who likes Lyn wouldn't be excited if Hector got in :laugh:

With Fire Emblem, there's always exceptions

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Holy %@&#!! Totally wasn't expecting this.

Welcome back, Lyn.

We all missed you. Glad that she's in the game.

If only the same can be said for others.

Yeah this is pretty great. Super exciting to see her get some representation, and being specifically done as the GBA rep when no one else from her games is in. Really shows how popular and important she is.

She is probably still locked as an AT, but this and Brave Hero Lyn are pretty neat

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Yeah, she will sadly be forever locked in that Assist Trophy.

Nice that she's getting some love in other Fire Emblem games though, even a spinoff about celebrating the whole series (albeit most of them being from Fates and Awakening).

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
With this, I'll be surprised if her (possible) son, Roy, doesn't appear. This also gets mine hopes up for Ike and Soren.

I'm willing to bet we'll eventually get the main character of every Fire Emblem game via DLC.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Lyn's reveal trailer for Warriors had made me so hyped I went and did SSB4 character UIs for her. She's always been a personal favorite of mine for Smash newcomers, and I feel this was long overdue.

Lyn-character-ui-8player.png

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Lyn's reveal trailer for Warriors had made me so hyped I went and did SSB4 character UIs for her. She's always been a personal favorite of mine for Smash newcomers, and I feel this was long overdue.

Loving the character damage meters.

They look almost like the real deal.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Lyn being playable in Warriors shouldn't be really a surprise. Outside of Lucina, not many Fire Emblem main female characters get a whole lot of attention. However I do expect Celica to make a playable appearance.

I don't think she's much more likely to appear in Smash, but hey, any appearance counts. Lyn will probably grow immensively popular once they remake FE7, which am pretty sure is going to happen eventually.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Lyn being playable in Warriors shouldn't be really a surprise. Outside of Lucina, not many Fire Emblem main female characters get a whole lot of attention. However I do expect Celica to make a playable appearance.

I don't think she's much more likely to appear in Smash, but hey, any appearance counts. Lyn will probably grow immensively popular once they remake FE7, which am pretty sure is going to happen eventually.
[Shrugs] Since I'm pessimistic, and since they said they would be focusing on Fates, Awakening, and Shadow Dragon, I assumed the base roster would be uncompromising in that regard. [Shrugs] That's why I was surprised.

And yes, I could see a Fire Emblem Echoes: Blazing Blade happening, especially now that Lyn is playable in Fire Emblem Warriors. Quite frankly, this game provides the perfect opportunity to advertise both past and future Fire Emblem games, which gets mine hopes up for Sigurd and Leaf. I must say, Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War is one of mine favourites in the series. That said, I would love to see a remake, especially one that offers checkpoints throughout the giant maps, and one that allows trading.

Anyhow, just thought I'd post this video. It has some Lyn gameplay.

Last edited:
Top Bottom