Ladder/rating system sponsorship poll.

Which ladder/rating system would you like to see the ssb64 backroom sponsor?

• Nintendude's Elo system

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • AiB's ladder

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Other (mention which ladder/rating system you're voting for by posting in this thread)

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • None (there are not worthy systems at this point)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

dandan

Smash Lord
i did not vote because i seriously have no idea about this one. i am not that interested in the ladder personally, because i am already playing with all the european players, and it will not make me play NA players.

Again, Elo as a system exists, and a basic way to keep track of it exists. Even if that little program wasn't developed, Surri has shown that doing it manually is a pretty simple task. As for the full-fledged system with all of the proposed features, hopefully by the end of the summer we'll have something.

I'm gonna bump an old thread to update everyone on the MBR's progress on the Elo rating system. Check out what we've done with Melee so far:
http://www.ssbpd.com/

Development is ongoing. We are adding new features and tweaking the ratings algorithm. Once the system is essentially completed for Melee, I'll push for a Smash 64 ratings database (which should be trivial - it'll just be a clone of the Melee site).

Now, who still actually believes that AiB has a superior system?