• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lack of utilization of fair?

gamegod7

Smash Apprentice
NNID
gamegod7
3DS FC
1607-2735-0153
I find that sourspot fair can set up for a lot more opportunities and kills, but people still opt for spacing fair for the sweetspot. What do you use more?

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Both are really ****ing good and fill different parts of the combo tree

Generally underused move but weak fair can be awkward to fit in to strings if you just flow chart your punish game

Its amazing imo, both hits are broken

gamegod7

Smash Apprentice
NNID
gamegod7
3DS FC
1607-2735-0153
I feel like sourspot fair has so much unused utility. I generally use it more because it helps set up for other moves like dair and most of the time sweetspot fair. it could also be good for setting up side b at higher percents especially if the opponent DI's away and up

noboruplaysgames

Smash Cadet
One setup I love to do is fair to shine like normal, but then follow up with a sour spot fair and then a sweet spot fair. This could kill at certain percents but at the very least it's guarenteed tons of percent. One other thing worth mentioning, if you do sourpoted fair on the first short hop, and then shine and waveland onto a platform, you can set up an energems combo that way.

Last edited:

JayMan-X

Smash Apprentice
Been messing around with Wolf lately and I came around these parts wondering the same thing as Title. Seriously, SH Autocancel Fair is ridiculous. It sets up amazing combos, It makes for amazing combo filler, It can be safe poke if you cross up shields, it has soo much utility and I rarely see any players use it (or at least out of what limited Wolf play I've seen).

Top Bottom