• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

LA Tourney

Who is going to win the tourney?

• WEST COVINA CREW

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • WEST COVINA CREW

• west covina crew

• Total voters

(blondekid)

Smash Apprentice
Ohh darth im flattered haha, its been awhile i dont play regularily hopefully i still got skillz?! You play much anymore? madrush got skillz? Me and benito need to train this week!

madrush21

Smash Journeyman
update: Payouts 60-30-10 if <20 entrants; 50-25-15-10 if 20 or more entrants
DOUBLES BRACKET ADDED: 5 dollars per teammate

MrMarbles

Smash Lord
well cobr looks like a West Coniva kid came in 3rd so yeah. I'm a bit surprised myself but its cool to see a crew pop up out of nowhere and be pretty successful

M!nt

Smash Champion
woo! go near! gj

lol at the announcer guy going crazy over falcon punches.

Han Solo

Banned via Warnings
Some of those falcon punch reads were awesome though. I'd go crazy too because most falcons would just grab or aerial.

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
dammit madrush and darth

gonna have to do a crew battle vs you ****s to let out my anger. how did you LET THIS HAPPEN

so basically, if ya'll REALLY want housing...

conditions: i can only have 4 people here cuz that's all the couch space i have/all i can fit in my car to drive to the venue/all i can fit in my house without my mother going nutso.

Mr Bushido

Smash Ace
man was that first commentator annoying to listen to

near looking pretty hot tho, sorry I ever doubted you

mixa

Banned via Warnings
me trying to figure out who was who

pika dies: guy on the right goes crazy
faldon dies: guy on the right goes crazy

sgsballer22

Smash Rookie
haha yeah. anyways Near was using some weird 3rd party controller. looked like a gamecube joystick. anyone know if that gives you an advantage?

weedwack

Smash Journeyman
Way more important is how comfortable the player is with the controller they're using. I don't think you were playing full power near.

Cool finals. First commentator was painfully obnoxious.

MrMarbles

Smash Lord
not really. some people like it but its not particularly advantageous or we would all be on hori's instead of our worn out 64 sticks

Skrlx

Smash Champion
Way more important is how comfortable the player is with the controller they're using. I don't think you were playing full power near.

Cool finals. First commentator was painfully obnoxious.
This. I'm way, way more comfortable using an xbox 360 controller. I don't own a console/controller, so I don't even practice with an N64 controller, and if I did, it was with a regular controller. I've only used the hori a few times since madrush lets me use one of his hori controllers. I can't even SHDL on a 64 controller. ROFL.

not really. some people like it but its not particularly advantageous or we would all be on hori's instead of our worn out 64 sticks
Also, this. I only use it because it helps me a bit to ease into console 64 because it lets me have somewhat similar movement to my xbox controller since my style of play is big on movement; ergo, the OG controller blows.

madrush21

Smash Journeyman
I got Ninth =/

I Lost my first set to Dayne L., then I Lost to Near in Loser's. I only saw Hero Pie play one friendly. His fox could SHDL and Shine cancel.

¨°PÞ-§°¨ Bane

Smash Apprentice
lol watching blondkid was funny cuz i always forget that i'm playing someone that could be having reactions like head shakes and **** when i kill them. i never really noticed how i don't do that until recently

special_k

Smash Rookie
MAD RUSH WHERE DAT AZZ AT MA BOYS TELL ME YOU AINT GOT NO GAME ***** YOU CANT EVEN SHDL AND SHINE CANCEL.
WISH I COULDVE GONE TO WHIP DAT PUNK A$$, but a ***** was working and making mula. S/O to the hawmie hero pie for having a better fox.

Sincerely,
special_Ed

madrush21

Smash Journeyman
MAD RUSH WHERE DAT *** AT MA BOYS TELL ME YOU AINT GOT NO GAME ***** YOU CANT EVEN SHDL AND SHINE CANCEL.
WISH I COULDVE GONE TO WHIP DAT PUNK A$$, but a ***** was working and making mula. S/O to the hawmie hero pie for having a better fox.

Sincerely,
special_Ed
I never got to play hero pie. My fox would beat his

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
CA
1. Near (maybe)
2. Sawa
3. singularity
4. Eggmode
5. grandaddy32
6. Hugh Myron
7. Sleeh
8. Mata
9. Isai

Darth Rancorous

Smash Ace
I can't make it to apex this year but were planning Armageddon Episode II next summer. Y'all socal kids better come up for it. Next time, well have home field advantage lol

(blondekid)

Smash Apprentice
This needs to happen again soon, dibs on first next time. I like to sandbag whole tourneys in prep for the next one.

Top Bottom