• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

LA Tourney

Who is going to win the tourney?

• WEST COVINA CREW

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • WEST COVINA CREW

• west covina crew

• Total voters

MrMarbles

Smash Lord
everyone going to the LA tourney may as well stay home, West Covina crew is gonna stomp on everyone.
I give mad props for the smack talk it totally raises the hype. That being said i have a feeling this "West Coniva Crew" is gonna get demolished. Maybe i'm wrong tho but either way this should be really entertaining to watch it play out!

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
how about this

if any of west covina gets top 3 at this tourney - maybe even top 4 - ya'll can stay at my place for apex.

McGraw

Smash Rookie
^^^ I like the sound of this.. :crazy:
We all main 64, but we play Brawl a little.

edit: Melee :linkmelee:

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
i keep my word, by the way

aka near, madrush, hipstur, darth, ballin if you go, sawa, whoever else, ya'll need to win this so i don't have to stay home

so if none of you guys top 4 nothing happens? not gonna propose anything to counter me? oh aight i see how it is

madrush21

Smash Journeyman
I'll accept any money matches (64, 5-stock) from any West Covina Kids, up to $20.

Madrush's West Covina Checklist:
1. Hero Pie [ ]
2. Special_Ed [ ]
3. McGraw [ ]
4. D35 [ ]
5. Da Chu [ ]
6. Kristorforus [ ]
7. Kidd Classic [ ]

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
ya'll got SEVEN opportunities to top4. come on now. don't leave madrush hanging. and record all this.

McGraw

Smash Rookie
I shall partake in this friendly competition.
put me down for a 5$ money match against Madrush :pimp:

special_k

Smash Rookie
I'll accept any money matches (64, 5-stock) from any West Covina Kids, up to $20.

Madrush's West Covina Checklist:
1. Hero Pie [ ]
2. Special_Ed [ ]
3. McGraw [ ]
4. D35 [ ]
5. Da Chu [ ]
6. Kristorforus [ ]
7. Kidd Classic [ ]
ha...Up to $20? I don't play for peasant amounts of money. nor do I take donations. I don't wanna just take your money that's rude.

madrush21

Smash Journeyman
ha...Up to $20? I don't play for peasant amounts of money. nor do I take donations. I don't wanna just take your money that's rude.
Trash talk is all fine and dandy but if you're confident enough to bet money on your skills I'll money match you. I'm open to more than $20 if you have the confidence.

Darth Rancorous

Smash Ace
Predicted outcome of tourney:

1. madrush
2. blondekid
3. Drunk E Ness
4. srbsburrito
5. Near
6. me

Looks like there's no more room in top 4 for west covina B-)

Edit: I don't have fb so I can't see the event details but, should I bring my TV or will there be enough setups for smash 64?

The Star King

Smash Hero
^lol thinking Near's only gonna get 5th. Real smashers :rolleyes:

Honestly though if I were going I would let them win as a way of giving them housing for Apex, wut

madrush21

Smash Journeyman
I've never played any norcal players except Isai and Ballin, but I think Near will outplace me. He may play Xbox controller but he can still put in work on console. I wonder if Jaime would go if I try to convince him.

I suggest you guys bring tvs/setups, but if you don't have much room in your car don't worry about it too much.
Do you need the rest of the info if you can't see the event?

Darth Rancorous

Smash Ace
Yeah, what are the rest of the details for the event?

Also, ive never played near or seen any of his matches but, from what s2j has said, he aint all that :p jk jk

madrush21

Smash Journeyman
ocal tournament for all super smash brothers fans! We will throw several tournaments in the same event for all Smash gamers.
............You do not need to be pro to participate..........

Pricing and categories

$5 Venue Fee

Super Smash Bros.64
Singles$5

Super Smash Bros. Melee
Singles$5 Doubles$5 x teammate

Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Singles$5 Doubles$5 x teammate

Project M 2.6! ( one of the last 2.6 socal tourneys)
$5 Singles

Lightning Melee Side Event !!! Get your fingers ready for this.

The minimum amount of people needed to carry out any of these categories is 6. If not enough people enroll, the category will be canceled.

Rules

Double elimination tournament
Winner's Finals, Loser's Finals, and Grand Finals are best of five
The other matches will be best of three.
Rules for each game will be covered in the tournament. (default formats such as 4 stock 8:00 min. time limit as well as banned stages will apply).

Prizes
The prize money will be distributed between the Finalists.

1st place 60%
2nd place 20%
3rd place 10%
(so invite people. The more people come, the higher
the prize).

THE MORE SETUPS THE BETTER!!!!!
Bring your controllers and set-ups, spare controllers are not guaranteed .
Players have access to free parking.
We're gonna be selling some snacks and drinks. There are several restaurants around the area that you can get food from.
NO ALCOHOL OR SMOKING ALLOWED in the event. All ages are welcome.

Doors open at 12:00 for registration (you're welcome to warm-up or chill out with us).

If transportation is a problem. Let us know, we might be able to arrange some carpooling.

This is our second tournament. Any suggestions are appreciated and also if you can drop by and join the tournament it will make better competition and a larger smash community. Thanks.

Top Bottom