• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

l3o0ked for Brawl | Fortitude Valley PCYC | Amaterasu + Forte Love Club win! :D

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
l3o0k3d for Brawl I

First of all I must apologise to Australia for cluttering the place with my threads. Unfortunately this one is entirely necessary so that I may be able to hype it up.

A TREMENDOUS thank you to l3o0k3r who has volunteered to handle the booking of the venue. You have no idea how grateful I am.

---

When and Where you ask?

14/03/09
Fortitude Valley PCYC
9am start!

9:00am - 9:15am: Registration period
9:15am - 10:15am: Brawl Doubles
10:15am - 11:00am: Lunch Time
11:00am - 11:15am: Registration period
11:15am - 2:30pm: Brawl Singles

Events

Read closely now, this is an itinerary of the day's events. This is also subject to change depending on how early we can gain access to the place.

Pricing and Prize Payout

Event Entry: $10
Update!: Bringing a TV for exclusive tournament use will net a discount of $5

Payout Distribution:

1st/2nd/3rd will receive a split of 60%/25%/15% of the pot.
This is just for singles.

~ House Rules ~

On the assumption that we follow some simple, important rules, we can ensure that we'll be allowed to come back. She said that if this goes well, we'd be able to come back on a monthly/quarterly basis for a more lowered fee than before.

The first two are particularly important, so read carefully.

1. Use your common sense!

I know, I know. You're all reasonably mature people, and know how to treat things with respect. However please, don't do anything that will get me in trouble -_-
I guess this would include kicking stuff around the place, mucking around near windows with blinds that could get tangled/wrecked/what have you, y'know, that kind of thing. If you've got some excess energy to burn, burn it outside please -_-

I won't be afraid to tell you guys to take it outside if you wanna start running around for the hell of it. There's going to be 13+ setups, so I don't want people acting up around the place too much.

2. Do NOT bring food onto the premises

THIS ESPECIALLY INCLUDES ALCOHOL.

Water is fine, DJ's lollies are fine (Bob always brings lollies). Food will be provided by us on the day. If you want to eat out, that's fine, but don't bring it inside, eat the food in the designated areas.

3. Respect other people's property

The wii's you will be playing on will likely belong to other people, and they are doing this tournament a great service by providing Wii's and TV's. So the least you can do is be careful around equipment.

Also, bring your own controller. Please. -_-

Rule Sets and Procedures.

Ah, the all important rule sets. For the budding/casual smasher, please, don't feel overwhelmed by the wealth of rules here. The tournament organizers are on hand to help you out should the need arise. Many of the technical rules can be explained to you, and for the most part, a lot of the later rules may not ever apply to you (Hopefully :laugh:).

Also, the ruleset is a slightly modified version of the Queensland Brawl Buddies Ruleset which caters for the GotGames tournament procedures.

Tournament Procedure:

Once the current bracket has been announced, players will be assigned to stations in a defined order. (A station is a setup consisting of a TV, a Wii and a copy of Brawl)

Once you have been assigned an opponent and a station the ‘Mage’s rule’ applies:
- If you arrive 2 minutes late for your set, you will receive a warning.
- If you arrive 4 minutes late for your set, you will automatically forfeit the first match of the set
- If you arrive 6 minutes late for your set, you will automatically forfeit the match completely

Once both players have arrived for their match, the procedure is as follows:

- Each player chooses their character, either player may call a double blind pick if they wish, meaning both players must choose their character’s at the same time without knowing whom the other player has chosen. This is done by each of them informing a judge/referee in secret, who then reveals the selected characters.

- At this point, players who placed within the top 8 of the Queensland GotGames Online qualifier may elect to ban a stage.

- A random stage will be selected from the ‘Starter’ list, thus the random stage select option must be set to only those stages. If a player who placed within the top 8 of the Queensland GotGames wishes to do so, they may cancel the selection of a random stage once, and have a stage randomly picked a second time.

- Upon completion of the first round of the set, the following steps must be followed:

0. This is the latest point in the round where a stage ban may occur.

1. The loser chooses the next stage to be played on. This may be a neutral or a counter-pick. However, any stage that has been banned either by tournament rules, or by the players themselves cannot be picked by the loser, unless both players agree to it.

Further compounding step 1, is ‘Dave’s Stupid Rule’ in which the loser may not pick a stage they have previously won on against the player they are playing against in the same set. However, this too may be ignored if both players agree.

2. The winner of the previous round chooses their character.

3. The loser of the previous round chooses their character.

4. The match is played to its end.

5. Repeat steps 1 to 4 until a clear winner is found. This is found by winning best of 2 from 3 matches in a set, or best 3 from 5 in a finals set.

6. The winner must report their win to vyse. If vyse is not available, you must wait until he is.

~ General Rules

- You must not initiate a tournament match without the authorization of a Tournament director. When a round is declared to have begun, that is when you may initiate your next tournament match.

- If at any time, a player feels that their opponent is breaking a rule, they have every right to pause a match and request intervention from a Tournament Director. However, players should also be warned not to abuse this right for the purpose of stalling the progression of a set. Use your discretion, and by all means call a Tournament Director for assistance.

- Any of the four standard control set ups are fine. Do not attempt to use a modified controller. Any evidence of this occurring will result in a disqualification.

The following rules will govern any and all tournament matches, and are as follows:

All tournaments will be Double Elimination.

All matches are Stock Matches
3 Stock - 6 Minute time limit

Items
All Items are to be turned off.

In the options menu Items must be turned to 'OFF'.

Note: The frequency is turned to 'NONE' as this allows some characters to obtain items by using special moves.

Stage Legality List
- Revised (10/08/08)

Starter
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Castle Siege
Delfino
Halberd
Pokémon Stadium 1
Lylat Cruise
Brinstar
Corneria
Frigate Orpheon
Jungle Japes

Counter
Distant Planet
Green Hill Zone
Luigi's Mansion
Norfair
Pictochat
Pirate Ship
Rainbow Cruise
Yoshi's Island (Pipes)
Green Greens
Onett
Port Town Aero Dive
Mario Circuit
Bridge of Eldin
Shadow Moses

Banned
Skyworld
Pokémon Stadium 2
75m
Big Blue
Flat Zone 2
Hanenbow
Hyrule Temple
Mario Bros.
Mushroomy Kingdom I
Mushroomy Kingdom II
New Pork City
Rumble Falls
Spear Pillar
The Summit
Wario Ware

*Hanenbrow is a counter pick for doubles.

Banning Stages

- Each player may ban ONE stage that they do not wish to play on.
- This stage may be from either the Neutral/Random Starter list or the Counterpick List.
- The player must ban their chosen stage either before the set starts or immediately after the first game.

The Dedede Rules:

Dedede is a controversial character, capable of chainthrowing characters infinitely. granted that there is a wall. Or simply chainthrow to death granted that there is a walkoff available.

Originally proposed by CATS and Shaz this rule is designed to prevent people abusing King DeDeDe's d-throw chainthrow.

Dedede may not choose to play on stages in the following list (However, if a listed stage is banned, either by rule or by player ban, it cannot be chosen anyway):

Corneria
Bridge of Eldin
Mario's Circuit
Shadow Moses Island
Green Hill Zone
Onett

Dedede's opponent may choose to play on one of these stages if they wish.

Further Dedede restrictions!

There are also a number of character's that Dedede can chainthrow on the spot, and otherwise chainthrow without the need to chase.

If a player is reported to be abusing this, they will receive a warning, and their matches will be monitored. IF they are caught a second time by an adjudicator, they will be disqualified immediately.

Infinite Release Grab

This is banned. The most common example of this is Marth's release grab on Lucas and Ness. Performed by grabbing either of the two, releasing them by not throwing them, and grabbing them again.

Infinite release grabs on the spot in this manner are banned. However, it is possible for all characters to relase grab against a wall. If a character is caught against a wall in a release grab chain, then it is allowed up to a maximum of 200% damage. Any further than that will be considered stalling.

If a player is reported to be abusing this, they will receive a warning, and their matches will be monitored. IF they are caught a second time by an adjudicator, they will be disqualified immediately.

Infinite release grabs are allowed in Doubles as a means of trapping a single character between two characters.

MetaKnight: Infinite Dimensional Cape

Banned. Just don't do it okay guys. A technique that renders a character invisible and invincible indefinitely is banned. Not even to extend your Down + b

Ice Climbers Chain Throw

Is in! However, extending a chain-throw past 300% will be considered stalling.

Stalling

Stalling is not allowed. Stalling a match includes any method the player might use to prolong a match by placing their character in a position wherein an opponent cannot reach them. Peach's Across B for example, can be used to stall underneath stages like Battle field.

Running away would not be considered stalling however, as your ability to evade the opponent is only as good as the opponent's method of catching you.

The Following Rules have been adopted from the SBR Ruleset

* In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors

* In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.

* If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.

* If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser.

* You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.

* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

--All else is A-OK!--

***​

l3oOkeR

Smash Ace
i have the weekend off so book me in. I can bring Wii/Brawl and Wii Melee but cant bring Tv

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
A $100 travel stipend to Melbourne if you win.

Also it counts towards the QLD player rankings that I'm starting.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Well, the payout for this tournament will only be as good as the amount of people who enter, so I need everyone to do their bit and try to find people to come along.

I'm going to make up another poster for it.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Haha, oh right. I forgot about Extra Inch.

This rule set is months and months old lol. Guess I better rework it a little.

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
I don't see any reason why me and Dino won't be able to come at this stage.
And I can bring the usual, 'quitment as well. :)
And maybe lifts etc for people.

Ohh pie.

-Kickflip-

Smash Rookie
how do u get out of the marths grab? i have a friend who does it all the time!

also, i can come to this probably with the same friends im bringing to summersmash.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
how do u get out of the marths grab? i have a friend who does it all the time!

also, i can come to this probably with the same friends im bringing to summersmash.
A thing called 'Extra Inch DI'. I'll try and find a link about it later.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Well to kickstart things, I wanna get down a list of assumed attendees.

Projected Attendance:

Vyse
l3oOk3r
Sieg
Azure Rune
Moose
Dino
DJ Cat
KK
Scrubs
Jesmo
Kaion
ACCELERATE
Amaterasu
Kickflip
Hotdogs
Yokai (+1?)
Drive_Thru
Arrow
Jatz (?)
Optimusben (?)
Hagshrom (?)
Destroyer (?)

Which makes about 20 people, but we need moar!!

Also, I'm going to be a biatch with scheduling. We don't have a lot of time during the day to run the tournament, so we have to keep on schedule!

Also, I need someone to step up and help advertise this tournament by handing out posters. I'll just adjust the old one a bit and reuse it.

Sirias

Smash Champion
So the $100 to Melbourne is bs?

Brawl and Melee are gay, what're you on, Zac.

LEFT 4 DEAD IS ****.
FCUKING HATE IT. JESUS ****.
Sigh.

Rage.

Sieg

Smash Champion
Yeah, let's have Melee friendlies.

The WHOLE DAY.

Dw Nick, more 3rd strike lol.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
We can only have Melee friendlies if the schedule allows for it.

It's not going to be like LanSmash where we have extra time to do whatever we want and not worry about running over time. We have from 8:30 to 3:30, that's it!

I'm not even sure if we'll have time for pools, let alone Melee friendlies.

Always expect me to be a nazi at tournaments. I love playing whatever we have at smash meets, but I'm not going to let a tournament run overtime because people wanna do stuff other than what they came for :(

This is especially unfair on the people who want to come to the tournament expecting what they what they were promised. Especially if some (like Jesmo) have to travel 5 hours to get to the venue.

It's not that I want only Brawl, or only Melee at one event for the sake of keeping the limelight on either game, but, it's a matter of time budgeting and respect to the other players.

Next time will be Melee though.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Again, not doing pools is disrespectful to those who came for what I intend to deliver tournament wise, especially if we have the capacity to do so. Pools is a great opportunity for people to get in more matches for their entry fee, and helps seed the bracket accurately.

If it means zero-time for friendlies, then so be it. This is a smash tournament, not a casual meet.

Top Bottom