• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~~KUNTASM -Spring BREAK???? Warren OH Brawl and melee

COHEED AND CAMBRIA

Smash Ace
KUNTASM!!!!

Venue Name: All American Cards & Comics
Address: 161 W Market St
Warren, Ohio, United States

Venue is huge and can hold any amount of people so NUmbers dont matter

Im willing Too Take $200 Out of my own pocket to award a Oos Bonus to someone that that wins this Tournament
That is if i get 50+ People per event showing up so no Johnz guys!

Scheduled times

Saturday Melee
10am- People can start Showing up
11am- Registration For Doubles Will begin
12:20- Doubles will begin No latter then this
Singles start after doubles
For people who want to stay Low tiers and crews will be played

Sunday
10am- People can start showing up
11am- Registration will begin
12am- Brawl doubles will begin
break for 30 Minutes for food
Brawl singles will begin
Crews and low tiers are up too king yoshi and ITT as i will not be running this this schedule for Brawl is at their discretion

~ The Address

9235 N. Church Dr. *Apt 119*
Parma Heights OH, 44130

~ House Rules/General Information

- Door Fee Will Be $5

- Housing will be provided for those who require it. Out of state players will have priority over any local players for housing.

$5 off per setup if you bring two thats $10 off

~ A Call to Action

I would like to have at least three other TOs/helpers to assist me for each game. This includes the making and proper seeding of brackets. Someone who will help call out names for matches to be played is also appreciated. I would just like some help with keeping things in order and running smoothly in general. Those who offer their help consistently will be rewarded.

Assistant TOs/Helpers

- Brawl -
1. King Yoshi
2. What's The Point

- Melee -
1. 4% APR

I would also like to shoot for 10 TVs and 10 setups for each game. If anyone plans on bringing either of these please say so in the thread or by PM so I may add your name accordingly. TVs get $3 waived from your venue fee and setups waive $2.

Melee TVs
1. Provided
2. Provided
3. Provided
4. Vudujin
5. Dobs

Melee Setups (Cube/Wii + Game Disc)
1. Provided
2. Vudujin
3. Dobs

Brawl TVs
1. Provided
2. Provided
3. Provided

Brawl Setups (Wii + Game Disc)
1. Provided

MELEE

~ Melee Rules/Payout

Payout
1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%

PAID IN CASH ON THE SPOT

General Rules

* Bring your own controller.
* Four stocks.
* 8 Minute Time Limit.
* Items are off.
* All non-finals matches are best out of 3.
* Winner's Finals, Loser's Finals, and Grand Finals are all best out of 5.
* For the first game of a match, characters are to be selected double blind. That means that each player whispers their character selection to a neutral party who then announces each player's selection. If you wish to save time, you can revoke your right to a double blind pick by simply choosing your character first, but if tell your opponent that you are selecting a character for game 1, you may not change this selection after they select their character.
* For the first game of a match the stage is random unless both players agree to a particular stage. Rules for stage legality and stage banning are listed below.
* For subsequent games of a match, the following order must be followed for determining characters and stage:
1. Loser of the previous match chooses stage from all non-banned, legal stages.
2. Winner of the previous match selects character.
3. Loser of the previous match selects character.
* In event of a tie at the end of 8 minutes, do not play sudden death. If one player has more stocks than the other, the player with more stocks has won the game. If both players have the same number of stocks, the player with lower percentage wins the game. If both players have the same number of stocks and the same percentage, then the tie is resolved by a 1 stock match on the same stage.
* In the event of an equipment malfunction, the match will be restart from the last known position or from any point in the match that is agreed upon by the players.
* Glitches used to stop your opponent from controlling their character or indefinitely freezing them (Mewtwo's Soul Stunner, the Ice Climber freeze glitch), or any glitch or trick that freezes the match or makes it in any way unfinishable are banned. Using them will result in the immediate forfeit of the match.
* Tactics such as Peach's Wallbombing and Jiggly's Rising Pound are allowed as methods of recovery or to maneuver around the stage. Using them (or any similar tactics) to excessively stall a match, such as dropping below levels intentionally and stalling underneath, is banned.
* Wobbling is Not banned its legal up to 250%

Singles Bracket

* Singles will begin with a single round of pools. I will attempt to seed pools by location and to a certain extent by skill level so that they are fairly even and no one has to play the people they came with. NO ONE WILL BE ELIMINATED IN POOLS. They will only be used to seed the bracket. That means that no matter how badly you do in pools, you still make it into the bracket.
* After Pools are completed, we will create the singles bracket using the pools for seeding. The bracket will be double elimination, if you don't know what that means, feel free to ask me. At that time, players will be given 15 minutes to examine the bracket to make sure that they were given the correct seed and that they are appropriately spaced from other players in their crew. Once the bracket has started playing out, no changes will be made.

Doubles Bracket

* Doubles will be run with just a double elimination bracket that is seeded by skill and location to the best of our abilities. If the number of teams exceeds 16, we will do pools for seeding just as singles will, but if we are under 16, there will only be a bracket

Stage Rules

* Stage Ban: At the beginning of each match, after the double blind character selection, you may ban 1 stage for the duration of the match. That stage may not be played under any circumstances, so if it comes up on random, simply reset the match and let random select a new stage.
* DAVE'S STUPID RULE: A player may not select the last stage they won on in a match unless the opponent allows it. That means that if you win game 1 on FD and then lose game 2, you cannot select FD for game 3 unless your opponent allows it. If you need any clarification, ask me.
* Singles Random Select: Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Pokemon Stadium, Battlefield, Final Destination, Dreamland 64,DK64
* Singles Counterpick: Corneria, Rainbow Cruise, Jungle Japes, Green Greens, Brinstar, Mute City, Pokefloats
* Doubles Random Select: Yoshi's Story, Pokemon Stadium, Battlefield, Final Destination, Dreamland 64, DK64
* Doubles Counterpick: Termina Bay, Corneria, Rainbow Cruise, Jungle Japes, Green Greens, Brinstar, and Pokefloats

BRAWL

~ Brawl Rules/Payout

Singles Payout
1st: 48%
2nd: 22%
3rd: 14%
4th: 8%
5th: 4%
5th: 4%

Doubles
1st: 55%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 15%

PAID IN CASH ON THE SPOT

*Crew Battles will be fought for PRIDE, not CASH*

Brawl Rules and Format:

* 3 Stock Double Elimination

* 8 minute timer

* Items are set to "off" and "none"

* Bring your own controller

* All matches prior to Winners' and Losers' Finals are best of 3. Winners', Losers', and Grand Finals are best of 5

* The Stage Strike system will be used and explained for the first match of all sets, then after procedure is loser stage pick, winner character choice, loser character choice.

* In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors

* Dave's Stupid Rule: No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

* In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.

* If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.

* Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.

* Port slob picks: On a player's counterpick, that player may opt to redo the port selection process with that player or team picking their port first.

* Wiimotes and Classic Controller users should know to take the batteries out of their controllers after finishing a set; not only will this save battery life, but it prevents accidental intereference and delay for tournament matches.

* The Mages DQ rule: After a match has been called, if a player is two minutes late he will receive a warning. At 4 minutes late, he will be given a loss for the first game of the set. After six minutes, he will be given a loss of the entire set.

* If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser.

*Standing Infinites are BANNED which include (but not limited to) Dedede's small-step chain grab. Dedede standard chain grab is fine.

* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action.

* Stalling is banned. Any legal infinite chain grabs most end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

* I am NOT to be held liable for your horsing around, if someone is injured or there is some form of altercation I am not responsible for either party.

* Drugs and Alcohol are prohibited.

Additional Rules for Double's

* Life Stealing is allowed

* Set team attack to ON

Brawl Stage List:

starters
battlefield
Smashville
Final destination
yoshis island
pokemon stadium 1

CPs
Rainbow
lylat
frigate orpheon
Halberd
brinstar
delfino
castle seige

*This stage list is not permanent and will be open to discussion*

Alright, let's get this hyped up! Everyone let me know what your plans are. :)

COHEED AND CAMBRIA

Smash Ace
~ Attendance

I'm shooting for at least 35-50 attendees or even more if it comes to that; so please spread the word if you plan to attend this event for either game.

Attending
Ally
LambCHopz
KB
Dobs
Vidujin
4% APR
Skyson
Shugo
M2K
Vidjo
Taki
Nakamaru
TheLake
Lain
Suyon
Drephen
Big_R
Jiggly Zelda
DippinDots
Soap
Michagan Car load
Sliq
Argent
King Yoshi
Whats the Point
Minnty
Ian
Dlaw
=)
Slarti
Sionnach
Blue Rogue
Beegs
Lou
Impp
Paradigm
Mo
Miller
Radioh
Joe
Lt.Smash
Twilight Aura
Bead
Quasiimado
^+1
^+1

Possibly/Maybe Attending
1. VaNz
2. Alus
3. SwiftBass
4. Kels
5. Infern
6. Vamp
7. The Blue Blade
8. Count
9. ITT
10. Watty
11. Champ
12. Capem
13. Clowsui
14. D20
15.BunBun
16. Ajj
17. Reside
18. Mister Eric
19. Xisin
20. Shy Guy
21. Da KId
22. Silhouette

COHEED AND CAMBRIA

Smash Ace
People that play brawl and wanna help run it can set up the stage list since im not all too familar with it.
Im Gonna Make use of the Two other rooms in my apartment for this one and im gonna Set up the tv's against all the walls with the middle clear for moving around this time i can deff hold alot of people. What stages would you like? And I will need 2 others for Brawl but i need a deffinate because im gonna have you guys run your pools and be responsible for recording them down. And being time allowing.

King~

Smash Champion
remove
Jungle Japes
Pictochat
Pirate Ship
Pokémon Stadium 2
Distant Planet

from CPs

thats all

im up for debate on Picto and ps2 with the other too T.Os

COHEED AND CAMBRIA

Smash Ace
Ok Well Ask The other T.O's If they wanna help run this Together I'm fine with it being a part of the Midwest Circuit I want it Big!

-KB

Smash Rookie
wait, king beef is going to this?
Yes I am. :3

@ Steve- Keep Distant Planet and/or Japes on the cp list if you want. I don't want to be too conservative with the cp list, but I'm cool with whatever you decide. You're the host.

COHEED AND CAMBRIA

Smash Ace
Im gonna let whoever helps me run it help decide but seeing as how Japes is my fav stage in the world i will prob not get rid of it in brawl lol

4% APR

Smash Champion
I'm there for melee. I'll help run it and stuff. Tell a lot of people about this steve, we can make this one really big

Skyson

Smash Ace
This will be beautiful.

I will appear for Melee. Undecided about Brawl. I just picked up a part time job, so if I have the cash to drop to play Brawl, I will.

Melee singles > Melee low-tiers > Melee doubles > Brawl.

:]

Doubles partner, anyone? I don't know what my side is gonna look like for this, and I have yet to team with Zach, so I may not do that. Get at it.

I'll help run Melee, too.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
This will be beautiful.

I will appear for Melee. Undecided about Brawl. I just picked up a part time job, so if I have the cash to drop to play Brawl, I will.

Melee singles > Melee low-tiers > Melee doubles > Brawl.

:]

Doubles partner, anyone? I don't know what my side is gonna look like for this, and I have yet to team with Zach, so I may not do that. Get at it.

I'll help run Melee, too.
Wait, it's more like

Melee singles > Brawl singles
Brawl doubles > Melee doubles
Both games are even with low tiers

4% APR

Smash Champion
melee doubles> melee singles
Brawl doubles> brawl singles

get it right guys

COHEED AND CAMBRIA

Smash Ace
Singles in both games are better :)

Unless your Kb And have a Death killing automatic combo but trip right as your doing it only to lose and get 3rd Place Then Brawl Doubles is better :)

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Suyon if you need a ride then I can provide one. You're close so I really don't mind making the trip. We're gonna make this thing huge so you know you wanna come. O.~

COHEED AND CAMBRIA

Smash Ace
Ok so of everyone that we have talk to here's the List of good Attendees

SHUGo
M2k
Vidjo
Drephen
Vanz (ride depending) Possibly with SwiftBass and others
PA (Taki, Vudujin, Naka, Lake, Others)
Lain
Kels (trying to come)
4% with canal Fulton
Others are trying or thinking about it and other people Non top notch are confirmed But i figured to put the top in this post

Top Bottom