• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kuntasm (Midwest Circuit) Results! 11/29/09

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
Doubles Results:

1: M2K & Blue Rogue, I don't care (Blue Rogue & M2K) ($99)
2: MI sucks (Lain and Judge) ($54)
3: Bite my turtle (Nope & Lou) ($27)
4: Inui get the **** out of our thread (Fonz & Sil)
5: ArgentStew & Falco400 (Argentstew & Falco400)
5: Five guys (Bboy & KB)
7: King Yoshi & WTP (King Yoshi & WTP)
7: Hannah Montana Sleepover (ITT & Suyon)
9: Solecalibur & XtacyFalco (Solecalibur & XtacyFalco)

Singles Results

1: M2K ($139.20)

2: Judge ($63.80)

3: Lain ($40.60)(Ice Climbers)
4: Blue Rogue ($23.20)

5: Nope ($11.60)

5: Lou ($11.60)
(Game & Watch)
7: Fonz

7: King Beef

9: King Yoshi

9: XtacyFalco

9: BBoy

9: WTP

13: ArgentStew

13: Sil

13: ITT

13: Glov

17: Alus

17: Sera
17: Impp

17: Suyon

17: Fromundaman

17: Links24

17: Newbreeze

17: Falco400

25: ****

25: SoleCalibur

25: Yaphet
25: Quartez
25: Wams

25: Malachi

Sorry there isn't faces for every character, I don't know how to get game and watch and ice climber's pictures.

Also, the money is a little less than what you got because tio dropped some money somewhere.

Thanks to all who came, it was a fun tournament. Shoutouts later.

Results are also up on AiB and will be processed whenever they get around to it.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
*Cough* I used Mario too... :p

Not that it matters much, but I do want my Mario face on there XD

Framerate

Smash Lord
Lol what a tiny little tournament...

Good **** Blue Rogue. You are a champ and a half!

OUGA better step it up.

Silhouette

Smash Lord
I used pika and MK too
I want pika up there but MK was something random, I didnt have any other choice.

*edit: and xtacy falco also used MK.
**edit: and Bboy also used MK.
***edit: I believe argent also used MK. And Alus was Lucario and sera was snake, Glov used Falco and Marth too.
****edit: Quartez used Falco.

lain

Smash Master
Why was there a $10 venue fee again? There was absolutely no reason for that.

Also, I didn't sleep after heavily drinking at 5am the night before.

Worst. Tourney. Ever. Never coming back to that place.

COHEED AND CAMBRIA

Smash Ace
Lain your just Pissed cuz you lost you were having alot of fun before then you ***! And i told everyone to bring a setup and i did discount everyone even tho i wasnt going too

Btw I am never hosting a brawl Tournament again i will have my thread but it will be King yoshi And ITT hosting it People even came up to me after realizing why i said i hate hosting brawl its because a bunch of whiney *****es dont get their way like M2k and Lain thinking because who they are they can have there way and make us set **** up how they like i could give a **** who you are its my place i will Run **** how its supposed to be run and im not gonna let a bunch of whiney *****es think they can tell us to change the bracket cuz their good at a game so dont ****ing come back to my tournaments if your gonna ***** cuz as you can see i house you all i let you drink smoke do whatever the hell you want but dont **** with the TO's cuz your not gonna get your way sorry Jason and Lain. the bracket had Blue and judge on one side and lain and jason on the other it was seeded fairly by king yoshi and nobody ever ***** about something again 4% had to play vidjo and drephen back to back in melee cuz of seeding and he didnt say anything.

Shoutouts

M2k- I love you man your a funny guy good **** on getting first
Judge- Man your a cool guy it was nice coming back i tottaly believe you know that you were sick that last time you ***** this tourney Bring Anther next time and your Tourney **** including singles will be Free because i love Anther! you guys are awesome
Lain- Melee was Fun you seemed to have a good time and **** till you lost you wanna ***** about my place cuz you lost then dont ever ****ing come to my tournaments again. Im not a ****ing Pushover im a nice guy but **** dude dont disrespect me in a tourney thread yeah when its king yoshi and Itt running brawl at my place Its still me your disrespecting see if i ever house you again. You wouldnt be *****ing if you had got 2nd and made money. Dont ****ing say too me as you walk out this **** was mad fun im deff coming back again then talk **** on the thread. I like you man but wtf.
Blue- Your the **** man step it up tho bro and im talking bout melee :)
WTP- Thats for letting me be apart of the circuit id say 99.9% of us would agree this was a good first circuit tourney

The next one will be at a actuall venue but ill still house people except Lain unless he apologises and mans up

lain

Smash Master
I already said I wasn't coming (along with MI). Doesn't do much to tell me to not come anymore lol

I don't think you were quite ready to hear that you know nothing about the brawl community and your tournament "hosting" is ********.

Oh thank you SO MUCH for reducing venue fee, even though a venue fee wasn't needed at this tourney. You banked like what? at least >$250 for letting us use your house? FYI, the venue fee is supposed to be paying for the venue that was rented for just such an occasion. If the venue costed nothing, YOU DON'T CHARGE A VENUE FEE. I, and a good 90% of the people there agreed that you are a douche for charging $10 venue fee.

I made like $30 for 3rd place. Judge got $50 for 2nd. It didn't ****ing matter if I got 2nd fool. IT WOULDN'T MATTER IF I GOT 1ST. WHO GIVES 2 ****S ABOUT $40 MORE. (oh wait, you, you greedy *******. can you tell i'm mad?)

Also, you are supposed to seed the top 2 players in the region APART. It's COMMON ****ING SENSE.

Grow up.

COHEED AND CAMBRIA

Smash Ace
First off i didnt make anything Its not my ****ing apartment second off man dont trash talk me in a thread if your mad tell me at my tourney m2k won like $500 this weekend he made over 100 in singles the circuit took 15% btw i made less then $200 i gave over half the people their discounts plus some people didnt pay at all because they brought alot. I dont like brawl i told you this which is why i dont TO it. ***** at People at pound who are charging everyone $40 for venue because you know they are making mad profit wait idc what people do. Im mad that you didnt have the balls to tell me to my face and wait to say something on the thread because im a really nice guy i didnt have the time to do this tournament but i didnt cancel it so man you have a problem you have my number or you had me face to face all day But instead ofcorse everything is cool when we are face to face. Why is that? Oh because your not man enough to ****ing say anything face to face I told everyone why it was that way and they understood and came knowing it was $10 it wasnt a ****ing surprise i still gave discounts if you had a problem your *** shouldnt have came i cant wait to see you at pound because im seriously pissed off at people like you.

COHEED AND CAMBRIA

Smash Ace
BTW i have a huge venue at a comic book store for the next tourney everyone so no more apartment Bring tv's guys if you can because i will be paying for this venue to rent it Plus id like as many tv's as possible

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
Steve, a lot of people did tell you to your face that 10 dollars was insane. Half of Springfield didn't come to the tournament because of the venue fee. The other half of Springfield was clearly upset as were over half of the attendees.

I personally told you at the last event (when venue was 5$) that 5$ was about the most you should ever charge for a venue fee for a house.

Solecalibur hosted a tournament at a house literally 10 times the size of yours. He charged a 5$ venue fee but provided pizza, pop, lemonade, and chips. I've hosted house tournaments and I never charge for them. When I actually have a venue where I am paying the owners, I still don't charge a 10$ venue fee. You also only waived a couple people's fees entirely, bringing a full setup only got 5$ waived. There's no way you didn't make more than 200$ in venues. 30 brawl players showed up, 30 melee players showed up, 10 bucks a piece. Even if 2/3 of them got their fees waived you still would have made 200$.

Also, you completely refused to throw money from the venue into the singles pot when the singles pot was short money. For how much money you made, you should have willingly thrown in at least 20$ into the singles pot with no questions asked.

You also never paid BYAA! his prize money for the last tournament.

Pound 4's venue fee is a little steep, but still perfectly acceptable. They are renting out a hotel's main room which is very large and very expensive. Also, if you show up to Pound 4 for only brawl or only melee your venue fee is cut in half.

Most players are fine with hosters and TOs making a marginal profit (enough to enter their own tournament for free and make a few extra bucks possibly) But when you are making more money on venue fees than the people that are winning the tournament make, there is something horribly wrong.

solecalibur

Smash Master
ITT looking for this
or

btw if you havn't placed in the Top five with your MK's in the past tounrys you have gone to I'll MM yeh

CAKE COMBO

bboy doesnt count....

edit - Lou you said Walkoffs were not possible on my Delfino Plaza? Because I might just remove the texture then for the next tounry because I want my Wii tounry viable about with ... texture hacks lol

COHEED AND CAMBRIA

Smash Ace
Do you get it thats its not my aprtment i dont make any ****ing money! When people heard that they werenot mad Dont come if you dont want to pay. Besides i have a venue now so this isnt even a issue if you dont wanna pay dont come their is no point in *****ing if you Know its their and still come and i was talking about today i ended up waiving more then too because i felt bad plus some people didnt have to pay plus some people had paid 5 the day before. The venue i have now im paying for it plus their is the Set up option and it will be the same But also if 50 people come i have to pay the 200 bonus and for melee i was expecting to have to pay out of my own pocket but lots of people had Family johnz

And ITT I payed what the pot was Short its not my fault that you guys messed up and i was not happy about that and its happened to me too before but i payed it and yeah ofcorse i was pissed and wanted to know who the hell didnt pay for singles that **** is ****ed up but still even though it was you guys who took money for singles i fixed it and i wasnt mad at you guys i was mad at the fact that people do that

Skyson

Smash Ace
Oh you Brawlers~

Steve didn't make any money because it was his [ex-] girlfriend's apartment. The absurd venue fee wasn't entirely his own design. Like, really. Get the **** over it. It's the last time you have to deal with it because he found a new venue in Warren. (:

Maybe this is why I haven't gotten into Brawl yet. Too many whiny *****es. =O

See you in Warren, yo.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
Oh you Brawlers~

Steve didn't make any money because it was his [ex-] girlfriend's apartment. The absurd venue fee wasn't entirely his own design. Like, really. Get the **** over it. It's the last time you have to deal with it because he found a new venue in Warren. (:

Maybe this is why I haven't gotten into Brawl yet. Too many whiny *****es. =O

See you in Warren, yo.

There are gonna be whiney *****es wherever you go or whatever game you play competitively. People need to quit singling out things and look at it from every possible angle. Geez, the immaturity of so many self-righteous people is nauseating. \rant

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
There are gonna be whiney *****es wherever you go or whatever game you play competitively. People need to quit singling out things and look at it from every possible angle. Geez, the immaturity of so many self-righteous people is nauseating. \rant
Wrong, at least in this case. The people who participated in the Melee tournament on Saturday (myself included, and I was originally waived from paying anything because I helped him set everything up pre-tournament) just payed the fee and played the tournament. There was also a slight mistake in the seeding of the Melee tournament and 4%APR had to play both Vidjo and Drephen back to back I believe, but he did not whine about it like a small child, and wnt on to play (and win) both sets. There was no unnecessary uproar at either the tournament itself or on the post-tournament thread. Steve (the host) did not make a dime off of the venue fee, however I do agree that $10 was a bit steep, but I and the Melee players just payed it anyway and went on with the tournament. Skyson's generalization holds true in this case, don't bite his head off for stating the obvious.

@ Lain- I understand your frustration, but please take into consideration that Coheed was not the one in charge of seeding brackets. Take that up with ITT and/or King Yoshi if you have a problem. As for the venue fee, yes it was steep, but all accusations of him making any money off of it are false. From what I understand, he had recently broke up with his girlfriend (the girl occasionally wandering around during the tournament) and the place was originally hers, and became hers again after they separated. Steve originally planned to stick with the $5 waive for bringing a setup as well as provide drinks and such as compensation for the remaining $5 fee. Again, the separation had an effect on that since all of the charged fees went directly to his ex-girlfriend for allowing us to use the place with all of that electricity for 10+ hours straight. But I do agree that more money should have been in the pot than what was paid to the owner, but I'm not in control of that unfortunately.

However, please reconsider your proposal of not coming to any tournaments around here anymore. That is the last thing that us players as a group would want since the lack of tough competition would kill the general community's learning of the game, growth, and all of those other things that you personally said you shoot for in your countless arguments with Overswarm. Steve already has hold of an actual venue (that can easily fit 100+ players) for his next event in January, and there will be no more outrageous venue fees to worry about, just a simple $5. I'd imagine King Yoshi and/or ITT will be in charge of running brackets again and they're both reliable hosts, but if there are any issues that you have...make sure to take it up with them sometime other than right before your match (assuming that's what you did this past tournament). So please, you and the rest of MI not showing up to our tournaments is the last thing we want to see happen, and anyone over here who disagrees with me are those who settle for mediocrity and only want an easy win. I want tough competition. Please reconsider.

M@v

Subarashii!
I never charged more than a $5 venue fee, and my main venue is a nice semi-sized banquet hall, and I had enough money to cover the charge. $10 for your own house? LOLOLOL

Airborne

Smash Lord
I never charged more than a $5 venue fee, and my main venue is a nice semi-sized banquet hall, and I had enough money to cover the charge. $10 for your own house? LOLOLOL
wasn't necessarily his house, as said before.

and why did some random yoshi get last place?!?! :mad: step it up, son!

Framerate

Smash Lord
I like how the debate about venue fee turned into a brawl vs melee debate.

I think the melee players were just happy to have a melee tourney so they didn't complain.

I personally didn't like the venue fee so I didn't come.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
I think the melee players were just happy to have a melee tourney so they didn't complain.
I lol'd because this is probably true. xD

But all that aside: lets put this in the past and get some shoutouts going dammit. /contradictory xD

COHEED AND CAMBRIA

Smash Ace
Then dont ****ing come i really dont care i dont host brawl anyways I swear to god if someone pisses me off again in tournament with bull**** im Dragging their *** out im not on Probation right now for no reason i try to be a nice guy but i will not tolerate whiney *****es.

Framerate i respect that you saw it and it was too much for you so you didnt come instead of coming then *****ing already knowing about it.

Nobody better ever come to my tournaments again and ***** about the rules that have been Posted you came knowing full well so ****ing suck it up if you come otherwise be like Frame and Not come i dont mean any disrespect Frame im just stating if its a problem dont come like you didnt because you couldnt and thats what is fine even tho you could have came and just not played i wouldnt have made people playing Friendlies pay lol

King~

Smash Champion
im not gonna get into this i already explained to you at the venue why you where seeded like that, which didnt matter in the end cause you all played eachother anyway.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Don't want to get involved, but I just want to point out that a lot of people I talked to, and this is their fault for not looking (I am one of them), thought the venue + tourny cost together would come to 15.
Just saying that not everyone who showed up seemed to be aware, and while that's not really your fault, not everyone who showed up did because they consented.

Also, Lain, Kyosh explained why it was the way it was, and to be fair, you and Judge are both insanely good players. I don't have the bracket in front of me, but didn't he beat you at this tourny? If that's the case, wouldn't it make sense for him and Jason to be on opposite sides of the bracket?

(Shoutouts will come later.)

Framerate

Smash Lord
**** I was thinking about coming and doing friendlies but I wasn't sure...

Suyon

Smash Lord
I lol'd.
10 Dollars venue didn't please me, but I KNEW it was 10 and still came. I gave him my money and bam over whatever not happy but whatever. I'm just pissed at like everyone basically. I'm probably done with Smash competitively since I don't want to continue giving 10-20 dollars just to get last place when I can't even do well to place well like top 12. So your pot just got decreased people. It also pisses me off that people TELL me to play a better character but when I DO I get flamed at people. They all tell me to go Pit and say he's good but what the hell do you nut cases KNOW what he can do? All I've seen are. Yeah I remember how he was back in the day when I played him, he's got those (insert gay stuff), and oh he's got potential. People who tell me to play Pit but dropped him for better character you kids should just shut up and let me stab you couple of times. Yeah I'm no coolaid or whoever those great pit players. But seeing how people tell me I suck with other characters I don't want to even bother trying to improve anymore. I'll probably only stick with Pit since "supposedly that's my only good" character. And I am starting to believe again that only "Certain" people will be good. Hurray for Calvinism (i think that's right). Also HUZZAH to more complaining from me! Do you guys enjoy my misery because then I must be giving you a GREAT show since people like it. Also if no noticed it yet. In every tournament I go. I have the most ******** death ever. So...now that you can see I'm mad. Does this please you? Since you humans like to say, umad UMad UMAD ARE UMAD?!?!?!?!!? Even if I'm not mad and say I am mad does this please you? If so I'm so happy for you.

I understand everyone's annoyance and frustration there. I've been there more than you have except girl problems and being in debt. I like people having stupid arguments, like me. It's so entertaining. I don't know why MI people won't come back. If it's Venue okay yeah sure. If it's Bracket oh my goodness I loled. If it's amount of people then how the heck can you change that? Was it the 6 way money split way? Maybe I should joined the action saying WHAT ZA HECK MAN WHY AM I PLACED HERE IN BRACKET LEMME TAKE THIS GUY ON and create more drama. You guys may not be pleased with that even though YOU GET some money while I or others may not be pleased with other things. Also not eating for 28 hours is so fun guys. When I got home I was eating rice like a crazy azn. In the end. I am still known as emo, that guy, azn, that pit player, and more that even I don't know. EVEN if you come close a game with people who are known and stuff and lose last stock and one killing move to determine the victor to come so close to lose. You are still known as oh him okay.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Well...that's a good point, people need to take the initiative and read over what they get involved in. It's silly to just assume. Can't blame the host for that one.

Anyway, enough of the nonsense, everyone shut up about it or I'll personally dog the hell out of them in front of everyone at the next tournament, and NEOH players know I'll do it too. xD But anyway...I guess I'll start the shoutouts while you all have your little hissy fits. :)

SHOUTOUTSIES (MI smash slang xD)

1: M2K ($139.20)- Good job Jason, rake in that MW cash. Let's try to be more considerate of upcoming tourney matches on a TV though alright? I know you don't mean any harm but it's best to just keep things rolling and play friendlies when setups actually become available.

2: Judge ($63.80)- My Marth sucks, just wanted to try and be Haze or some **** lmao. I'll play you with my main next time and we'll see how that plays out. You're pretty chill, thanks for not causing a scene about anything and just doing your thing bro. Oh and I only drink Smirnoff and Mikes Hard (***** drinks lol), feel free to laugh at me for it. Straight up alcohol tastes like **** imo.

3: Lain ($40.60)- We haven't played yet, but I my Peach is gonna stomp all ova those ICs heads when we do. Oooooooh incentive for you right there...kind of, try to make it to OC champs this Saturday man.

4: Blue Rogue ($23.20)- You know you didn't want to face me in bracket, you don't like to face me. You hate Peach, and I love that you do. Bring on that Wario; Love the matchup, know the matchup, 0-2 on super close call sets, but I'll finish the job next time. Still...you're NEOH so I'll always cheer you on in your other matches. :3

5: Nope ($11.60)- Out of everyone notable that I've played from Smashfield so far (minus Capem and Champ), you've got me pinned the most when we play. Your positioning with Snake is disgusting against Peach, and you're one of the few who have me afraid to approach which makes me stale out on my approach variations sometimes. I hate the matchup in general, but I'll take you up on that offer to help me learn it better, and I'll try to fill in on whatever Peach exp Rowan left you with. And as always, good seeing you.

5: Lou ($11.60)- Intense set, and you're right about it being one hell of a spacing battle. I can't take all the credit though...without Praxis helping me out, I'd probably get ***** by Gdubs. You're legit though, and I'm glad we finally got to actually play in bracket for once. I'll bring my A game again next time. :3

7: Fonz- Beast Ganon, let's MM next time.. And I'm not gonna lie...you and your brother had me fooled on who was who for like...the first two hours we were there. I can kind of tell the difference now though lol.

7: King Beef- 7th ain't bad, but let's try to ascend past this plateau soon. You're getting better, playing smarter, and playing matchups correctly. Keep it up. /lulz talking to myself

9: King Yoshi- Thanks for hosting, Chase. I was watching a bit of your matches. Your Pika is getting better, is he your main now or has he always been? I forgot.

9: XtacyFalco- Cool to see you made it Vince. Good **** on 9th bro.

9: BBoy- Five Guys! Not too bad in doubles but I guess we'll have to work on syncing it up some more if we decide to team again sometime, but only if Beegs isn't around will we team though lol. I need to teach you the Peach MU though, I shouldn't have got away with over half of the stuff I did to you in our set. I'll show you what I mean next time.

9: WTP- Thanks for making the drive, I love having MI over, despite what anyone else says. You guys are too goodz.

13: ArgentStew- We didn't play, and you lucky son! I got Lucario on lockdown now. O.~

13: Sil- You should come to some Melee tournies sometime man. You still got some good tech skill overall.

13: ITT- I guess all of my Sonic practice payed off lol. Intense set, I can never blink or flinch against you or I'm still dead no matter how much I practice the MU.

13: Glov- Dat ain't Falco!

17: Impp- Maaaaaatt, did you go Kirby?

17: Suyon- I understand where you're coming from man. When I went through that nasty slump of 13th and worse for a while, I almost up and quit the game too. I decided to give it another try and really focus on learning the ins and outs of everything and it's starting to pay off as I go. I know you really want to quit, but please don't. Maybe Pit just isn't the right character for you?

17: Fromundaman- You know what BUFU is short for. xD

17: Links24- Keep it up man, not too many Links around lol.

17: Newbreeze- Let's nickname you Freshfart. Eh? eh?

17: Falco400- You'll do better next time Owen. You're probably just a bit rusty.

25: ****- I'll keep working on Melee man. Don't give up on the Brawl community though, **** like this doesn't always happen. I guess the situation just provoked it though.

25: SoleCalibur- Did you record me at all? :D

XtacyfalcoX

Smash Journeyman
woot woot 9th place nigg asss i didnt do bad seein as i never practice an only really play at tournys im gonna get better even if i dont practice lolz gg guys

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Shoutouts:

1: M2K: Good **** as always. Don't have a hissy fit next time though. I mean, the *remote* possibility of you not getting first is not a good reason to change a bracket.
2: Judge: Good job on second. I've never played/talked to you but you seem like a cool guy.
3: Lain: Good job on 3rd. Lulz at the Melee JV 5 stock against M2K as I left (Not trying to bash your skills, it was just funny.)
4: Blue Rogue: Great Job on 4th! That set against Nope was insane.
5: Nope: Great job on 5th. It's always nice having Sfield around. I could tell you were demoralized after that 1st game with Blue Rogue. Hopefully I can get more friendlies with you next time. Those were fun!
5: Lou: Congrats! Didn't see many of your games sadly, but our games were fun. I need to learn that MU better. Hopefully next time we meet there'll be time/TVs for friendlies.
7: Fonz: Did you go all Ganon this tourny? Great job regardless, and thank you very much for all the advice you gave me, as well as the MM/friendlies. It has literally changed my mindset as I play. Now I just have to work on putting all of that into action during every game.
7: King Beef: Good job beating ITT. Didn't see any of your matches sadly.
9: King Yoshi: GJ! I got way too comfortable that 2nd game. Can't believe I fell for 5 thunders in a row XD Next time it'll go differently!
9: XtacyFalco: I didn't even know you were here. I would have tried to get some friendlies with you.
9: BBoy: Good games. I need to work on not falling apart when you get momentum. When I control a banana or two, it feels okay, but when you get going, I get overwhelmed and feel like I can't get in. Hope to play you some more next time.
9: WTP: Didn't play you I don't think.
13: ArgentStew: I need to find a way to deal with Lucario...
13: Sil: Hopefully we'll get more games in next time. Still, Fun friendly.
13: ITT: Good games. I can't believe how much better I did against you compared to last time.
13: Glov: Thanks for the friendlies. I'd need a lot more still to get the hang of the MU and dealing with lasers, but it definitely helped. Also thanks very much for the long talk we had. You made me realize that I unconsciously do just what we were talking about in almost all my matches. I need to work on dealing with that. (Don't want to outright say what it is, because I'm bad enough without spelling out my every weakness.)
17: Alus: Sorry we didn't get time to friendly. See you Sunday maybe?
17: Sera: I think I played you in doubles friendlies? Hopefully I'll see you around. I'm hosting a smashfest this sunday if you and the other people you came with are interested.
17: Impp: Sorry, I don't remember if I played you or not. Maybe you were the one I played 64 with? If so, GGs, and sorry I didn't put up much of a fight.
17: Suyon: I understand how you feel. I would tell you to ignore what people say (and did), but I can understand how hard that can be when people pressure you to go a certain character (Though they were all just teasing, and I think you took it much more seriously and personally than they meant it.)
17: Fromundaman: Gotta learn to play this game sometime.
17: Links24: Fun friendlies, and impressive match against King Beef. Truly, you are a man, player of manly characters.
17: Newbreeze: Did we play?
17: Falco400: Didn't get to play you this time around.
25: ****: Good games. Sorry about that 1st match. I honestly thought the 1st Nair would kill, and after that was curious to see when it actually would.
25: SoleCalibur: Didn't see your games at all. C'mon though, you're better than 25th! (and definitely better than me, so step it up!)
25: Yaphet: Don't know if we played.
25: Quartez: Don't know if we played.
25: Wams: Ride back and friendlies were both a lot of fun. I don't know the Mario/Yoshi MU at all though. Think I'll stick with Kirby on that one :laugh:
25: Malachi: Don't know if we played.

EDIT:

And Fonz, I know I said this a dozen times at the tourny, but that Ganon 0-death was just too good.

fonzi21

Smash Ace
Singles Results

1: M2K ($139.20)
- Good ****, everytime we play it's the most fun I could ever have in brawl. Smashville is the best Neutral I agree! Gratz on first I can't wait to play you again.
2: Judge ($63.80)
First time fighting you and everything I heard was true. Excellent matches. I Look forward to playing you again.
3: Lain ($40.60)(Ice Climbers) - Good ****, stop dropping those grabs! Awesome Sopo win, and yes I was watching the losers finals!
4: Blue Rogue ($23.20)
- Good stuff man. Keep it up
7: King Beef
- Fun matches for sure, gladly MM you next time. Your a smart player for sure and I could easily see that. I can't wait to play you in tournament. It will be incredibly fun!
9: King Yoshi
- You are improving I can see that for sure. You understand your match-ups, but the spot dodging was what was killing you. It's always a fun match against you.
9: XtacyFalco
- Gratz,
9: BBoy
- Awesome stuff sir, I was not ready for your playstyle the first match against your diddy, but I understand it now. Thanks for the friendlies. Your a cool dude and I can't wait to play in tournament. ALSO! send me that match I saved on your Wii!!
9: WTP
WTF! NO POOLZ THIS TIME?! =D
13: ArgentStew
- Your MK has improved, fun matches as always.
13: Sil
- Awesome stuff in doubles. thanks for coming with us, Smashfield is the ****!
13: ITT
- thanks for running the tournament.
13: Glov
- Gratz
17: Alus
- Lucario YEAY!
17: Sera - Fun matches, very nice snake. Next time stick with him instead of Zelda.
17: Impp
- Gratz
17: Suyon
- You do have a good pit, and regardless of what people tell you its not the character that makes the player. Its the player that makes the character. I play Ganondorf so I can back this statement up. and the reason I played him against you is because I did not feel comfortable playing Lucario against you after our last tournament match at Nope's Monthly. I was much more comfortable with Ganon. So my advice to you is play whatever character you have the most fun with and stick with him, have fun with the game and enjoy it.
17: Fromundaman
Loved our matches I could see you improving just in those few matches it was crazy. Also yes I played Ganondorf just as much as Lucario in this tournament. Sometimes I just feel more comfortable with Ganon because I know his match-ups better then anything.
17: Links24
gratz
17: Newbreeze
gratz
17: Falco400
gratz
25: ****
gratz
25: SoleCalibur
You have a good ZSS keep with it. you are improving with every tournament.
25: Yaphet gratz
25: Quartez gratz
25: Wams
gratz
25: Malachi gratz

Not a bad tournament. Fun people here. I just love to play.

lou4222

Smash Lord
Im with fonz. Playing Brawl is great. There is only one point I would like to make.

I followed this thread from the very beginning. I saw the fee was 10 dollars and came anyways. No big deal. People should definitely read what they are getting into. With that being said, the tournament should be what it is said to be. For example, Japes was banned all day. It wason the OP. The OP is what goes in terms of the stage list. As I am playing Steve in tournament I banned Brinstar and he said he wanted to go to Japes. I said it wasnt legal and he proceeds to say its my tourney my rules its allowed. This is not cool.

I will come to another tournament just because Cleveland guys are real cool. Also it is close to Michigan and they are usually there so it makes for great competition. In the future if you are going to run a tournament you should actually run it. Dont put the duties on ITT and Yosh. If you dont wanna run brawl then dont host it. Leave that to Yosh, ITT or Sole. It just makes everything easier and you dont have to deal with "whiny" Brawl players. This is just some constructive criticism from an experienced TO.

I had a blast. Ill do shoutouts later cause I have a place to be.

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
Hehe.... I love Judge and Lain.... Hope you all come to the Columbus event December 5th... It's going to be to good... The God Kais are going to be there... And The God Kais make things much more fun.... So enough with the pointless arguing... even though it is very entertaining (I mean really) RaRaRa....I got lots of love for Neoh NO HOMO....

And I see Springfield steppin it up when The God Kais aren't there.... but don't get to excited...cause next week it's going down...ya Dig!!! Capem and Champ better be there.....

Top Bottom