• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KTAR Results Thread

PRiDE

Smash Lord
np max good luck

lmaoooo pat you've been saying that ever since i first used wolf on you :laugh: it's really just bad luck for you that he's such a cool character >:]
sigh.. i cant believe after 2 years of this nonsense I am still losing to that ****ing character.

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
Okay, I gave everyone two days to come clean about it, but nobody has. Now it's time to get serious.

My Wii disappeared from this event. It was on the front desk waiting for an extra television to come in so it could be set up and used. I left it there for the entirety of teams and my duration in the singles bracket. After dmbrandon, PRiDE, etc. were knocked out of singles, we went to Red Robin for dinner, planning to come back to the venue before the event ended to pick our things up.

Upon returning, around 8:30, the tournament room was nearly emptied. I went in there to pick up my laptop case and bag of clothes, which were both where I left them (behind the counter). However, my Wii was NOT there. Nobody who was working the TO desk (Keitaro, HEERO, etc.) had seen it, nobody left in the lobby had it. I know and trust almost everyone who was at that tournament with very few exceptions (people who are new that I don't know). I don't really suspect anyone in particular.

It's important to note that this Wii has my NAME written on it in pen on a sticker, and has a big blue piece of tape on one side with the number "1515" from SNES when they marked the setups. If it was taken, I highly doubt that it was by mistake. I also don't have anyone ELSE'S Wii, meaning...it wasn't a mix-up.

If anyone did take this Wii, please let me know. I'm always on AIM and always have my phone on. doomsong123 or 973-513-3794. IM or text me IMMEDIATELY if it was you, I won't have any hard feelings if you confess it to me or it was an honest mistake.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Wow. Let me know how this resolves Max.

Also, I'm glad you enjoyed the set Kirin, because that was the most boring set I've ever played with Vex. I suppose that if you've never played against Pit before planking can be quite amusing, but since my brother mains Pit, it wasn't anything new for me, and not at all fun or exciting.

MalcolmM

Smash Lord
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Whoever took Doom's Wii, cmon man. Like really...wtf do you want a Wii for? It's got maybe 3 good games. Give it back to him and go to some SF4 Tourney and take those valuable systems with a multitude of good games. We won't judge you. Just give Doom back his ****. Oh and I dont feel like typing out that whole trust thing but yeah...you get it. If we can't trust the systems will not be taken then we won't have any setups @ all.

:040:

Max Ketchum

Btw, in case you're illiterate and can't read my name or physically handicapped and cannot turn the Wii on the side with my name on it, it currently has a Brawl disc in it and my channels should be the defaults + Homebrew Channel, OoT/Paper Mario 64/Metroid on VC, a hacked .wad of Smash 64, and the trial version of the Internet channel.

KirinBlaze

Smash Lord
NNID
KirinBlaze
Wow. Let me know how this resolves Max.

Also, I'm glad you enjoyed the set Kirin, because that was the most boring set I've ever played with Vex. I suppose that if you've never played against Pit before planking can be quite amusing, but since my brother mains Pit, it wasn't anything new for me, and not at all fun or exciting.
xD! I had to skip most of Game 3 to be honest. I just watched the end of it. Those situations where both players are at high percents like that in the final game of a set and they both only need one hit to finish it are really fun to watch for me. My heart was racing like I was actually playing.

The Bowser match was great though. I really didn't think you were going to come back the way you did after the strong start Vex had gotten.

Ebo!

Smash Apprentice
that sucks man i'll let you kno if i hear anything i dont understand why people are such handjobs this happens way to often

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
lol the wii sucks. why would anyone steal it? must have been SHUGO . you know cuz hes black!

"jk people. no phone calls plz"

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
It wasn't scooped up by accident. It was taken. There are thieves in this community and this seems to be a problem we face too often. I'd like to personally keep track of the attendance of events where stuff like this happens and see if there is a consistency with missing wii's/items and certain players who attend. It's pretty obvious who can and can't be trusted anyway but false accusations are pretty lame.

Edit: I agree with Kelvin, no Christmas card for that jerk.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Yes I completely forgot about this Doom's Wii subject recently.

I was really hoping it would turn up with someone saying (I mistakenly took a Wii that says Doom on it) but no one has come clean to say so.

It's pretty ******** that someone would try to steal a Wii that has different color cables and a fricken name of the owner on it. Maybe it could be wiped off but I dunno.

But if anyone does have Doom's Wii whether from mistake or not we'd really appreciate it if it was returned to him. Smashers don't kill people, we are nice, just let us know if it was taken from mistake and return it.

My fault Doom for not trying to keep better care of it. When you left it on the table I should have asked you to put it away when it wasn't needed instead of us deciding to leave it there. Just really felt like no one would take something from the table like that (that's the feeling I got at least)

Max Ketchum

It isn't your fault, Keitaro.

Btw, I guess you misunderstood what I said Sunday--the colored wires aren't different. I was trying to say that all I had in the Wii were colored wires (the normal ones, yellow/red/white) and a power cord. :p

This is why randoms scare me. There was a solid amount of people that we didn't know at all at this, meaning there are plenty of people that could have taken it. Same thing like when I got my classic controller and Wiimote stolen at Viridian City--TONS of random city players there, no way of finding out who actually could have done it.

The name could not have been wiped off. It was written in pen on a sticky paper label that's been there since Alex's tournament at Play 'n Trade since October 2008.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
I'll contribute to the fund depending on how my sunday tourney goes. Hopefully I can carry Ally to first. Dead weight scrubby Snake...geez...

Max Ketchum

So, my mom just came in and said she had stuff to ask about a present for my little brother for Christmas. He wants a Tony Hawk game for the Wii. I told her that that wouldn't work out because my Wii just got stolen.

She ****ing freaked.

Whoever the ****ing jerkoff who took my Wii is has now ruined a little kid's Christmas. My family is in an extremely poor financial situation and we can't afford to replace a $200 system (as well as the $50 Brawl disc) in time.

Please, everyone, tell EVERYBODY you know who attended this event (especially those that don't use Smashboards, like those PA randoms and the NJz2whatever people) to read this thread. I'd rather not have some stupid fundraiser when it's clear that somebody has my Wii.

If that room of the hotel had security cameras, I'd appreciate it if somebody contacted the staff and got those tapes looked at.

Max Ketchum

Double post, but whatever.

17: MEGAPLOX
25: Lucky
33: Silent Beast
33: Vex R
33: Gay!
33: NJz2Raw
33: Jigsaw
33: Scott!
33: Anubis
33: Heavy Garbage
33: Irony
33: Fatty
33: Puoon

Of the people who entered singles, these are the ones that I don't know at all. Everyone else who entered is well known and trusted by the community and by me personally. If you're on this list, don't take any offense, but you're my prime suspects as of now.

If anyone has a full list of people who showed up, in case people didn't enter singles, I'd like to see that as well.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I posted about it in our crew thread. Hope it turns up, Doom. :(

Btw, Jigsaw (a.k.a. Steph, if you've seen him at DSO tournies before -- he just recently started using his new tag) is in my crew and rode in our car, and I can tell you for sure that we had no Wiis in the car or on any of us when we went home. No need for him to be a suspect.

Max Ketchum

Okay KayLo, thanks for spreading the word and helping clear the list of suspects.

Posting a thread in tournament discussion about this now.

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
weve had two wiis stolen here and both were returned eventually,hopefully you get urs back

also a guy got his gc stolen last tourney and there were no random melee players

gay^

gl

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
Doom if you don't find it I'll put money into buying you a new one......I get double money for christmas/birthday and it would help you better then me....

Max Ketchum

Thanks a lot for the support. I really don't want people spending money on me, but if that's really what it has to come down to, I'll be eternally thankful. Let's worry about trying to find it before we worry about donations.

VideoKidHEERO

Smash Champion
Blah...
I'm really sorry Max, I feel kinda responsible for this :[

If it does come down to having a fund, you can count me in for $20.
Hopefully whomever stole your Wii mans up and admits to it.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Max, I can vouch for Vex R. He's a friend of mine from Rutgers who is trying to get into the brawl scene. He would never steal a wii. Just trying to narrow the list down :-/ Hope you find it.

kingz-night-mare

Smash Lord
Keitaro um i stole a brownie from your stand im sorry i just got it and looked for your girlfriend and couldent find her so just ate it =/ ill pay you back BTW THEY WHERE AMAZING. im sorry

EDIT: it could be by somebody you know like me big m or r3mix. WE DID NOT TAKE IT
but somebody you know decently well MAY have took it. IDK JUST SAYING YOU SHOULDENT JUMP TO CONCLUSIONS.

Max Ketchum

I know you, Big M, and Remix well enough to establish that you're all good kids with good intentions and wouldn't **** over a friend like that.

Edit: Agreed with PGN.

Top Bottom