• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KTAR 7 - Brawl/Melee/Project M - Yup it's back! - July 6th, 2013 - Somerset, NJ

Keitaro

Banned via Administration

ALL IS BRAWL LINK: CLICK I AM ATTENDING!!
FACEBOOK LINK!

My new series is here! Come one, come all! In a brand new venue!!

Venue Address

322 Franklin Blvd
Somerset, NJ

Directions

Soon!

Times

Doors Open and Signups Begin @ 11:30 am
Brawl/PM/Melee Doubles Starts @ 12:30 pm
Project M Singles Starts @ 2:00 pm
Melee Singles Starts @ 3:00 pm
Brawl Singles Starts @ 4:00 pm

Signups for all events (except singles) will continue until 10 minutes before the event starts.

Singles signups will end a half hour before the event begins.

Money

Venue fee = $10
Singles = $10 (per game)
Doubles = $10 per person ($20 per team)

$3 dollars off venue fee for bringing a WII+Brawl or Gamecube+Melee!

Food
We have LEGIT food!! I'm talking Hamburgers, Chicken Sandwiches, Grilled Chicken, Fries, DAMN!!!!

The area we'll be smashing in.

Singles

1st: 46%
2nd: 22%
3rd: 13%
4th: 9%
5th: 5%

Doubles

1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%

Brawl Rules

• 3 stocks
  • 8 Minute Time Limit
  • Items set to "Off" and "None"
  • All infinites are legal
  • Life Stealing is allowed
  • Team Attack set to "On"
  • Meta Knight's Infinite Cape Glitch and Extended Cape Glitch are banned.
  • If the game goes to time and a player using Meta Knight has exceeded 35 edge grabs, he will lose the game. If both players are using Meta Knight and both player exceed the edge grab limit, then follow regular tie breaking rules.
  • 50 Ledge Grab Limit for all other characters.
Conduct Rules
Pausing may be turned off by request and the request cannot be denied. In the event pause is on and is pressed, whether by accident or on purpose, the result will be a loss of the current stock for the perpetrating player.

BYOC (Bring your own controller)

Players who use the Wii Remote must take the batteries out of the Wii Remote when not playing. If the Wii Remote is still synced up to a Wii with the batteries in, you could unintentionally disrupt a match. If problems persist, a DQ may happen.

Intentional forfeiting, match fixing, splitting, and any other forms of bracket manipulation is not allowed and punishable by the TO.

No subbing is allowed for singles or doubles.

Coaching is allowed only between games, not during. Failure to adhere to this will lead to punishment at the TO's discretion, which could include the removal from the venue

Determining Controller Ports/Stage Strike
If there is a dispute in controller port selection or initiating Stage Strike use the following method:
Teams agree to Rock-Paper-Scissors, otherwise it is determined with a coin-flip. The winning Team shall either elect to have first choice in port selection or first choice in Stage Strike. Whichever Team does not receive first choice in Port Selection will be compensated with first choice in Stage Striking.
Note: In Doubles, port selection is ordered 1-2-2-1 fashion (with Team-1 having first choice in controller slot select, Team-2 having both second and third choice, and the final slot going to Team-1).

Set format (In Order of Procedure):
  1. Player Priority is determined[/URL].
  2. Each Team selects one controller port to use for each Player.
  3. Each Team selects one character for each Player. Double blind pick may be called.
  4. The first game is played on a Stage selected from the Starter Stage List either by mutual consent or through the Stage Striking Method.
  5. The Team that won the previous match may announce one "Stage Ban" if they have not already done so in this set.
  6. The Team that lost the previous match announces the stage for the next match from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List. Any Stage named as a "Stage Ban" by the opposing Team may not be selected. No Stage may be used by a Team that has already won on that Stage in this set.
  7. The Team that won the previous match chooses one character for each Player.
  8. The Team that lost the previous match chooses one character for each Player.
  9. Repeat steps 5-9 for all proceeding matches.
NO REFUNDS ONCE THE BRACKETS ARE MADE FOR AN EVENT

Stages

Starters
Smashville
Battlefield
Lylat Cruise
Yoshi's Island
Final Destination

Counterpicks
Pokemon Stadium 1
Castle Seige

NOTE: You may play any banned stage as long as both you, and your opponent agree and ask a judge! If you agree, there will be no complaints!

PM Rules and Melee rules soon!​

Special
Features

^The Streamers!!

Last edited:

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
You put today's date in the title, I think that was a mistake.
edit: He fixed it.

W.C.N

Smash Lord
Worst date for you... Most people who go to 1 wouldn't be going to the other anyway

Keitaro

^ Worded perfectly lol. I only expect to see Socal/Norcal/Washington/Arizona at SKTAR 2, not at this.

BlueXenon thanks for the heads up.

Keitaro

Probably going to be my first tournament. Also, why is ledge grab limit different for MK and non-MK? Also, scrooging?
Glad to see this will be your first event :D Metaknight can be pretty unreasonable regarding edge grab limits due to his multiple jumps and fast up airs from the ledge so he gets a lower ledge grab limit. I might change it to have everyone have the same limit.

Scrooging is when a character goes under the stage and comes out on the other side. Some players have used it for stalling by doing it over and over again so we added a scrooging limit to help stop that.

pokemongeof

Smash Lord
Apex Ruleset:
Starters/Neutrals:
  • Yoshi’s Story
  • Fountain of Dreams
  • Battlefield
  • Final Destination
  • Dream Land
Counterpick:
  • Pokemon Stadium
  • Items are set to off
  • Stock and time are set to 4 stock and 8 minutes, respectively
  • Wobbling is banned
  • Double Blind: If elected
  • Contest Port Priority: If elected
  • Neutral Start: If elected
  • DSR Modified will be used (you can not pick the last stage you won on)
  • And some others
EVO Ruleset:
  • Game version: US Nintendo Gamecube
  • Game Settings: 4 Stock, 8 Minute Time Limit, No Items, Pause Disabled, 2/3 Games
  • Starter stages: Yoshi’s Story, Fountain of Dreams, Final Destination, Battlefield, Dream Land.
  • Counter-pick Stages: Pokémon Stadium.
  • Wobbling is legal. Freezing and infinite stalling are not legal.
  • First stage is decided by banning from the Starter Stages in 1-2-2-1 order.
  • Following stages decided by winner banning one stage from all stages and then loser choosing.
  • You may not choose a stage you have already won on unless mutually agreed to. (DSR modified)
Pretty much the same cept for wobbling

Keitaro

Thanks. Since this is the week before Evo I will use the Evo ruleset so any players coming to this can practice for Evo.

RvlvRBobcat

Smash Apprentice
I'm definately going to this, it will be a nice reward for getting out of a ton of work that ends close to that date enough for me to practice and enough for me to compete!

Keitaro

Uh yeah lol. I will either use the one you guys used or the one for Zenith. I'll decide after this weekend.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Since Crossfire 3 is being moved, I will try and come to this now. I will look into all the details soon enough!

Keitaro

Since Crossfire 3 is being moved, I will try and come to this now. I will look into all the details soon enough!
Whoohoo!! I will house you if you're able to make it to this! I might have a smashfest/party the night before the event at my house. Check the facebook post in the facebook KTAR 7 thread when you can. Would also want to have you on commentary.

SilverSteel

Smash Rookie
Glad to see this will be your first event :D Metaknight can be pretty unreasonable regarding edge grab limits due to his multiple jumps and fast up airs from the ledge so he gets a lower ledge grab limit. I might change it to have everyone have the same limit.

Scrooging is when a character goes under the stage and comes out on the other side. Some players have used it for stalling by doing it over and over again so we added a scrooging limit to help stop that.
No man, I meant I didn't read something about scrooging in the ruleset. If you leave it out, I fear for M2K...

Keitaro

There will be a scrooging rule. If it isn't already there I will update it to make sure there is.

Mew2King will be here for Melee/Project M/Brawl. Other people that play all 3 games like Salem and Vex should be here also among others.

Top Bottom