• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KTAR 5 Results - 5/21/11 - 116 Entrants!!

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Whew, super stacked!

Who did Ally go Wario against, and why no Link, Kirin? :0

Damn, KingKong had to play the ONE Yoshi here. It's the Bowser curse!!
:phone:

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
His forfeiting had to do with the fact that his main reason for coming to KTAR was to spend time with his ex-girlfriend. I pestered the hell outta him to even get him to play in losers.

Then he was randomly mad by the end of the night. I was like "M2K, here's your $160 dollars" and he yelled "I DON'T WANT IT!" and walked away.

Man....if I wasn't a nice guy I would have DIPPED!!!!
...my statement still stands, by forfeiting, he is RIGGING THE BRACKET and not playing it out correctly. Look at what happened to how people viewed the smash community after he rigged the bracket at MLG DC, if he forfeits a match in winners, he should be forced to forfeit in losers, its bannable at MLG and i don't see why we should allow it in the smash community. When he was discovered for rigging the bracket at MLG DC, he pretty much guaranteed that there is no way for brawl to return to the circuit.

If the top players really wanted to, someone like m2k and ally could decide to let m2k advance in the bracket because he has a better chance of taking out anti while ally has a higher chance of beating ADHD in losers and then agree to meet up at GFs and take top 2 but split it. At this point, it changes from each player fighting for their own placements to prove themselves and being able to fight anyone to each player just figuring out the most effective way to let the bracket run. THESE ARE THE TOP PLAYERS WE ARE TALKING ABOUT, THE PEOPLE WHO REPRESENT THE COMMUNITY.

what if m2k/ ally/ anti/ adhd decided to forfeit a first round winners bracket match? It would completely ruin the losers bracket unfairly AND hype matches wouldn't be as likely/ often to happen. While its unlikely, would you expect people not to throw a ****-storm in this situation? Not only would losers bracket stand no chance, but that means that players easy seed winners bracket is now given to another player with no where near the same skill.

Also, people want to watch hype matches such as m2k vs. anti, thats why they go to stream, when m2k forfeits, he deprives others of watching good matches turning what is already considered a boring game to watch into an even less interesting game to watch. If he doesn't want to play, let him not enter, but if he is far in bracket about to fight anti and then forfeits, thats just a **** move for the spectators as well.

Forfeiting hurts the community, im pretty sure the brawl community is the only American that even has a noticeable problem in it, no other fighting game or shooting game communities have to deal with forfeiting and MLG outright bans it for these reason. I think the starcraft 2 community does this as well, but its more like under-the-table deals and its in Korea, so idk how exactly its done.

BlueZebra

Smash Journeyman
Whew, super stacked!

Who did Ally go Wario against, and why no Link, Kirin? :0

Damn, KingKong had to play the ONE of the two Yoshis here. It's the Bowser curse!!
There were two(Raptor and Delta), they teamed up for doubles. XD

edit: I thought Sharky did show because he had a placing. my bad. =X

@Dabuz, I understand how you're feeling and I do agree that forfeiting has a really ****ty effect on tournament flow but m2k was going through his own problems at the time, I'm sure he didn't do that to mess with the bracket, or anyones placings. No need to make a big deal about it.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
Singles

(116 Entrants)

1: Ally ($522.00):snake::metaknight::warioc: Good job, too bad i barely got to talk to you
2: Anti ($255.20) :metaknight: Now YOUR coaching m2k against me and counting his ledge grabs =(
3: ADHD ($139.20) :diddy: one of these days...
4: Mew2king ($92.80):metaknight: forfeiting ****
5: Dabuz ($46.40):olimar: step it up
5: Nairo ($46.40) :metaknight: Its been so long, i think you've become taller than me now xD
7: Junebug ($27.00) :lucario: Nice palying you, i was really looking forward to fightign you in bracket
7: Atomsk ($27.00) :dedede: :metaknight: :warioc: :random: I wanted to fight you a lot as well
9: Bizkit :snake: DAMN SON! Amazing stuff
9: Logic :olimar: olimar ditto da bess?

13: Keitaro :falco: Great TOing job, keep it up and nice seeing you like always
13: Jbandrew :metaknight: :snake: :luigi2: Wich talked to you more, nice seeing you though

13: Holy Nightmare :metaknight: Your a really chill guy

17: Bloodcross :metaknight::falco: CALM THE **** DOWN! =)
17: Nakat :fox: yoshi>fox :3

25: Will :dk2: SONIC!!!

25: Deltacod :yoshi2: lol@you vs. cheese, too good

33: Dark Falco :falco: Your a lot better than i expected, you have potential so keep it up
33: GIMR :falco: Fun fighting you in MK9
33: vVv Cheese :popo: :yoshi:
33: Pelca :falco: Next time we shall MM

33: Luckay4lyphe :pit::pikachu2: Fun matches

33: PD :marth: :wario: SONIC!!!!
33: Kingkong :bowser2: Cool person and gdlk bowser
33: SeagullMan :wolf: "your dabuz?! xD"

49: Kirin :mario2: SONIC!!!

49: NOID :samus2: Nice samus, now pick up a viable character :3

65: Arban :diddy: Good to see you in person

65: Ish :wolf:
65: Cable :dk2: YOU KNOW YOU LOVE THE BEARD!!!! ^_^

65: Raptor :yoshi2: awwww, i didn't even see you

65: Alex Strife :gw: You showing up was surprising. <3 you (no homo)

65: Tony T :lucario: T_T

65: Pane :wolf: don't feel like writing out a large *** shoutout =x

blackanese: YOU BETTER ENTER NEXT TIME, YOU WOULD DO GOOD!!
shoutouts in quote

Sorry if i didn't give shoutouts to everyone i met, but my memory with names is foggy *scratches head*

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
...my statement still stands, by forfeiting, he is RIGGING THE BRACKET and not playing it out correctly. Look at what happened to how people viewed the smash community after he rigged the bracket at MLG DC, if he forfeits a match in winners, he should be forced to forfeit in losers, its bannable at MLG and i don't see why we should allow it in the smash community. When he was discovered for rigging the bracket at MLG DC, he pretty much guaranteed that there is no way for brawl to return to the circuit.

If the top players really wanted to, someone like m2k and ally could decide to let m2k advance in the bracket because he has a better chance of taking out anti while ally has a higher chance of beating ADHD in losers and then agree to meet up at GFs and take top 2 but split it. At this point, it changes from each player fighting for their own placements to prove themselves and being able to fight anyone to each player just figuring out the most effective way to let the bracket run. THESE ARE THE TOP PLAYERS WE ARE TALKING ABOUT, THE PEOPLE WHO REPRESENT THE COMMUNITY.

what if m2k/ ally/ anti/ adhd decided to forfeit a first round winners bracket match? It would completely ruin the losers bracket unfairly AND hype matches wouldn't be as likely/ often to happen. While its unlikely, would you expect people not to throw a ****-storm in this situation? Not only would losers bracket stand no chance, but that means that players easy seed winners bracket is now given to another player with no where near the same skill.

Also, people want to watch hype matches such as m2k vs. anti, thats why they go to stream, when m2k forfeits, he deprives others of watching good matches turning what is already considered a boring game to watch into an even less interesting game to watch. If he doesn't want to play, let him not enter, but if he is far in bracket about to fight anti and then forfeits, thats just a **** move for the spectators as well.

Forfeiting hurts the community, im pretty sure the brawl community is the only American that even has a noticeable problem in it, no other fighting game or shooting game communities have to deal with forfeiting and MLG outright bans it for these reason. I think the starcraft 2 community does this as well, but its more like under-the-table deals and its in Korea, so idk how exactly its done.
I wholeheartedly agree with this man.
shoutouts in qoute
Haha. I didn't no it was you because Pane kind of mumbled your name when he first said it and the subsequent times I just didn't hear. I am hard of hearing usually.

Master Raven

Smash Master
I agree with dabuz. If M2K came to the tourney just to hang with his ex and wouldn't even accept the money that Keitaro had given to him, why'd he even bother to enter the bracket?

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Just make it so forfeiting forces removal from the tournament.

And if Jason wants to underplay then we need to catch it and not allow him to enter our events.

But yea that's mad annoying. And shiesty.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Dabuz just mad because M2K washed him up.

Don't hit us with that "Also, people want to watch hype matches such as m2k vs. anti"

big bad wolf

Smash Journeyman
damn soo much salt , everyone needs to relax ,plus you2 are in the region you should be supporting each other not hating .....

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Dabuz is right if that's what happened. IIRC then m2k should be banned from the next event with a unity ruleset.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
M2K didn't want to enter, Inui forced him to.

Dabuz didn't want to enter, Pane forced him to.

NOW LOOK WHAT HAPPENS WHEN 2 PLAYERS WHO HAD NO INTENTION ON ENTERING START.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
This whole forfeit+take out hard-working players+forfeit bull**** M2K has been doing is getting stale real fast.

Just don't ****ing enter singles Jason, it's not even like your fun to watch play against anyone who's a threat.

- Match 1 Jason gets outplayed
- Insert impossible broken stage+broken character+ near time out
- Jason plays hit and run and takes 7 minutes to win a match-up largely in MK's favor

****ing lame, quit.
wait...WHAT?! so lemme understand this, he doesn't want to play anti, so instead he forfeits to fight me, then he forfeits after fighting me in order to not play ADHD?! Thats the same thing as rigging a bracket like he did at MLG DC. Such bull****!
LMAO

the salt. it's in here

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Btw Neo + the others, don't speak on the situation when you weren't there and don't know the full details of what happened.

Why would you only take dabuz's side of the story without listening to M2Ks

napZzz

Smash Hero
M2K didn't want to enter, Inui forced him to.

Dabuz didn't want to enter, Pane forced him to.

NOW LOOK WHAT HAPPENS WHEN 2 PLAYERS WHO HAD NO INTENTION ON ENTERING START.
doesn't change the fact that he still did what he did :/

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
I hate forfeiting but what can I really do if someone doesn't want to play? If I had any idea he was going to double forfeit I would have just taken him out.

I think a possible rule should be made that if a player forfeits in winners then they forfeit from the entire bracket. That can save some problems.

big bad wolf

Smash Journeyman
I hate forfeiting but what can I really do if someone doesn't want to play? If I had any idea he was going to double forfeit I would have just taken him out.

I think a possible rule should be made that if a player forfeits in winners then they forfeit from the entire bracket. That can save some problems.
as much as I agree then people would throw matches and not try if they were going to forfeit

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
M2K has finally realized that Ally/Anti are better than him.

That's why he forfeits and gets salty.

Vinnie

Smash Master
Shoutouts to everyone at the venue bothering me about my losses, to the point where I had to leave the venue for over an hour just to avoid it.

Shoutouts to Keitaro for running a really great tournament.

I only advanced in bracket with MK. I lost to BC with MK/GW and I lost to NAKAT with GW one match and ICs one match.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
just ban them if they want to forfeit that far into the bracket.

as far as m2k/dabuz being forced to enter, that's bull****, unless inui brought his knife out of his car to the venue.

big bad wolf

Smash Journeyman
lol yes too funny , not that serious I just bought dabuz into single without telling him till they called his name lol but he did very well as expected and made my money back and more so I really think this stupid drama should be ended

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
Dabuz just mad because M2K washed him up.

Don't hit us with that "Also, people want to watch hype matches such as m2k vs. anti"
anti, all you do is hate on me whenever possible, that, and now your coaching m2k to play against me, so im just gonna ignore you because you obviously speak through dislike.

@bbw: its obvious when a player is just playing to throw a match, especially with M2K, catching it would not be hard.

M2K obviously isn't playing for fun anymore, idk why he plays if he doesn't enjoy the game and he just ends up forfeiting anyway :/ Also, i left around 1, but is it true he really held up the tourney to 7 before forfeiting to ADHD?

@yes: the thing about me being forced is that while i was not planning to enter, pane just entered me in bracket without me knowing xD. At that point, i have no reason to take myself out of bracket and possibly slow down bracket making. I didn't want to enter purely out of low self confidence, thats it. Also, i still will try my hardest if im in a tourney and will never forfeit. Besides, like BBW said, its funny.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
pane that's what i figured, but for someone to say they were "forced" lol. pretty silly imo.

dabuz, whatever happened happened, i'm just saying what happened with m2k shouldn't have happened if that's what happened!

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
@nairo: didn't think so, i just read a post ssaying that so i had to make sure it wasn't trolling :/

@keitaro: thats exactly what im saying, if you forfeit in WB, you should be forfeited out of LB as well

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Jason plays for money. Nuthin wrong with that. It's just a job

ANTi_

Smash Hero
anti, all you do is hate on me whenever possible, that, and now your coaching m2k to play against me, so im just gonna ignore you because you obviously speak through dislike.

Why would i hate on you when i made more $? O_o.

I coached M2K against you because we're business partners/friends bruh.

Don't be mad bruh.

And that forfeitting out of LB **** wont work lmao.

I could easily act like im playing my best while forfeiting and there will be no evidence of my forfeit. ^_^

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
I think the 7 AM is confusion I'm causing because of my time zone. =P It was close to 7 AM for me in Europe when I gave up and went to bed, so that means it was like 1 AM over there. It would be pretty hilarious if you guys had waited an additional 6 hours only for M2K to forfeit though.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
Why would i hate on you when i made more $? O_o.

I coached M2K against you because we're business partners/friends bruh.

Don't be mad bruh.

And that forfeitting out of LB **** wont work lmao.

I could easily act like im playing my best while forfeiting and there will be no evidence of my forfeit. ^_^
IDK anti, you tell me. Any time you post about me or in response to me, its always hating/ being a ****.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
IDK anti, you tell me. Any time you post about me or in response to me, its always hating/ being a ****.
Because the **** you say aggravates me, When you speak in person you're not nearly as annoying as you are on the boards, so im not a **** to you in person either.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Just ignore him, Dabuz.

You did well - I could tell a lot of hard work that you've put into this game finally payed off.
Don't let Anti get to you and put you in a bad mood.

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
The solution to this forfeiting nonsense is to just beat these people....

Obviously that's easier said than done, but in fairness if these people earn these spots with their skill then they can forfeit/split/etc. This is all in fairness anyway. As for the stream, everyone has seen the top players play OVER AND OVER. M2K vs Ally, and etc in this region hasn't been hype since Apex 1.

If the community is concerned about the survival of the game I would issue rules about forfeiting and underplaying but it should be left up to the tournament host and stated in the rules before the event that there are penalties if caught doing so.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Then you could quite simply ignore me as well, thats what i try to do with you online
I'd rather not be told what to do but, okay :).

EDIT : Keit put diddy next to my name lololol, i used im against ADHD on LFs

Top Bottom