• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KTAR 5 - Atomsk/Ally/M2K/Fatal/Lie/Kingtoon/Junebug/Anti/ADHD/Nairo/Vinnie -NJ-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration

ALL IS BRAWL LINK: CLICK I AM ATTENDING!!

My new series is here! Come one, come all! In a brand new venue!!

Venue Address

322 Franklin Blvd
Somerset, NJ

Directions

From New York City
From MD/VA
From MA/NE
From Philly PA

Times

Doors Open and Signups Begin @ 10:30 am
Brawl/Melee Doubles Starts @ 11:30 am
PS All Stars Begins @ 2:00 pm
Melee Singles Starts @ 3:00 pm
Brawl Singles Starts @ 4:00 pm

Signups for all events (except singles) will continue until 10 minutes before the event starts.

Singles signups will end a half hour before the event begins.

Money

Venue fee = $10
Singles = $10
Doubles = $10 per person ($20 per team)

$3 dollars off venue fee for bringing a WII+Brawl or PS3+All Stars!!

Food
This time we have LEGIT food!! I'm talking Hamburgers, Chicken Sandwiches, Grilled Chicken, Fries, DAMN!!!!

The area we'll be smashing in.

Singles

1st: 46%
2nd: 22%
3rd: 13%
4th: 9%
5th: 5%

Doubles

1st: 55%
2nd: 25%
3rd: 15%
4th: 5%

Brawl Rules

• 3 stocks
  • 8 Minute Time Limit
  • Items set to "Off" and "None"
  • All infinites are legal
  • Life Stealing is allowed
  • Team Attack set to "On"
  • Meta Knight's Infinite Cape Glitch and Extended Cape Glitch are banned.
  • If the game goes to time and a player using Meta Knight has exceeded 35 edge grabs, he will lose the game. If both players are using Meta Knight and both player exceed the edge grab limit, then follow regular tie breaking rules.
  • 50 Ledge Grab Limit for all other characters.

Conduct Rules
Pausing may be turned off by request and the request cannot be denied. In the event pause is on and is pressed, whether by accident or on purpose, the result will be a loss of the current stock for the perpetrating player.

BYOC (Bring your own controller)

Players who use the Wii Remote must take the batteries out of the Wii Remote when not playing. If the Wii Remote is still synced up to a Wii with the batteries in, you could unintentionally disrupt a match. If problems persist, a DQ may happen.

Intentional forfeiting, match fixing, splitting, and any other forms of bracket manipulation is not allowed and punishable by the TO.

No subbing is allowed for singles or doubles.

Coaching is allowed only between games, not during. Failure to adhere to this will lead to punishment at the TO's discretion, which could include the removal from the venue

Determining Controller Ports/Stage Strike
If there is a dispute in controller port selection or initiating Stage Strike use the following method:
Teams agree to Rock-Paper-Scissors, otherwise it is determined with a coin-flip. The winning Team shall either elect to have first choice in port selection or first choice in Stage Strike. Whichever Team does not receive first choice in Port Selection will be compensated with first choice in Stage Striking.
Note: In Doubles, port selection is ordered 1-2-2-1 fashion (with Team-1 having first choice in controller slot select, Team-2 having both second and third choice, and the final slot going to Team-1).

Set format (In Order of Procedure):
  1. Player Priority is determined[/URL].
  2. Each Team selects one controller port to use for each Player.
  3. Each Team selects one character for each Player. Double blind pick may be called.
  4. The first game is played on a Stage selected from the Starter Stage List either by mutual consent or through the Stage Striking Method.
  5. The Team that won the previous match may announce one "Stage Ban" if they have not already done so in this set.
  6. The Team that lost the previous match announces the stage for the next match from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List. Any Stage named as a "Stage Ban" by the opposing Team may not be selected. No Stage may be used by a Team that has already won on that Stage in this set.
  7. The Team that won the previous match chooses one character for each Player.
  8. The Team that lost the previous match chooses one character for each Player.
  9. Repeat steps 5-9 for all proceeding matches.

[*]* NO REFUNDS ONCE THE BRACKETS ARE MADE FOR AN EVENT.
[/LIST]

Stages

Starters | Counterpicks
Battlefield|Battleship Halberd
Final Destination|
Lylat Cruise|Castle Siege
Smashville|
|Pokemon Stadium 1
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)|Frigate Orpheon

NOTE: You may play any banned stage as long as both you, and your opponent agree and ask a judge! If you agree, there will be no complaints!

Special
Features

^The Streamer!!

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Won't be here.

Hate the venue.

EDIT : Unless this is the KTAR 3 Venue... then i'll be here :)

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I'm going no matter what anyone says yeaaaaaa

ktar4 was one of my most fav tourneys ever
and i love this venue
and keitaro's an awesome and chill host
and all brawl is total fun
and everything

edit: who wants to team? someone amazing plz.
anti? lol

Keitaro

@ Everyone: Yay!!

@ Anti: BOIII!!
Are the video interviews from KTAR4 gonna go up?
Yeah, I plan on getting those together into a video by next week.

Kat (the asian girl who did the interviews)keeps forgetting to give the vids to Chen. I should just go get them from her myself.

I might make it apart of the KTAR 5 trailer that I'll be doing sometime next week.

Keitaro

Btw, any players that were looking forward to KTAR 4's finals vids, they will be put up next week during my spring break.

Keitaro

I'll go if Malcolm goes.

@ ChainAce: Don't worry, I got something planned for Melee later this year.

Jtails

Smash Lord
Yo if anyone goes I'll mm them.

Especially any Icies/Toon links/Falcos

pwiito

Banned via Warnings
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom