• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KTAR 4: One More Time! $1600 Guaranteed Payouts!! Gnes/Anti/ADHD/Fatal/Atomsk

Which Stagelist/Ban Rules should ve used?

• KTAR 4's Original Ruleset: 2 Bans per player with Japes and Norfair

Votes: 21 39.6%
  • National Ruleset: 1 Ban per player without Japes and Norfair

Votes: 32 60.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

So Fatal

Smash Master
Hmm, thats a toughie. I'm not sure if he'd make it in time to still do the 1st round of doubles winners bracket but there's still a chance he could. At worse you guys will probably be in losers, which imo, I'd still do.
according to adhd ktar never starts on time and we would probably have a bye being one of the top 3 seeds i think? So could you run winners 1 then losers 1+2?

KageMurphy

Smash Master
TWO THINGS;

I don't really support the idea of allowing a powerhouse team of ADHD n Fatal just start in losers, it screws lesser players in that losers bracket by more then likely ending their run too quickly because the gdlk players could not arrive on time, that's why M2K n JMAN were DQ'd outta Pound 4 teams for being late. Just sayin'

Also, is ZEX coming, still?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
1pm is late, and this tourney needs to run rly rly fast for the amount of ppl
byes arent guaranteed, what if there are like 32 teams?
and u prob shouldnt run all of losers r1 and 2 before winners r2

i thought u were teaming with zex?

adhd just get here sooner

So Fatal

Smash Master
Well we would probably have seed 2 right? Unless im missing a team...

No bye would be bad but I can hope for 30 teams or like 50

Zex was never going

Whats wrong with running losers 1 and 2 after winners 1?

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Yeah I'm going to be running winners round 1 and 2 first at least before I run losers round 1. Because of the byes that will most likely be in the bracket I don't think losers round 2 can be done before winners round 2 is over.

Zex can't make it anymore.

As for the DQ thing, I understand how you feel about that EE. Thats something that I've actually been on the line about. I'll get back to that in a sec.

As for KTARs never starting on time, yes that may be true, but there is no way I'll be starting as late as I did last time. Doubles WILL be starting before 12 unlike last time where I held up doubles because people were arriving late. People need to step it up and plan correctly.

Last KTAR people told me they were leaving NY at about the time doubles was supposed to start >_> I'm not giving people chances like that this time. If they decide to be bad at time management I won't be able to help them for this tournament.

Keitaro

k hit me up

Edit: Spoke to Fatal. Basically his team will PROBABLY be 2nd seed so most likely they'll get a bye first round which will give ADHD more time for them to make it before the last match of 2nd round winners is called.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Well depending on the number of entrants, there could be no round 1 of losers, and it could have plenty of byes, using the ktar3 doubles bracket as an example. Round 2 of losers in a 32 team bracket has only 8 matches, and in that case there are plenty more TVs, so round 2 of winners would start at the same time, aka right after round 1 of winners. a 64 team bracket would be a little different but not much later, esp since there would be more byes

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
nairo/atomsk or fatal/adhd for 2nd? lol last time fatal and wyatt team they lost to mario.

ally i can pick you up so no worries. lemme go unchain my bike.

Keitaro

Most likely both of those teams should have a bye first round unless there are exactly 30 or 31 teams.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
me and cable were undefeated vs anti and adhd but got seed 4 to their 1 at viridian. thats not how it works kid. they **** us in singles too. palm to the face.

ally im almost there, wait outside.

Keitaro

It works depending on how the TOs decide it to work usually. I'll be doing the doubles bracket with some people and we'll make the decision together. Regardless, the top 3 teams should have a bye most likely.

Vinnie

Smash Master
Top 3 seeds should be

1. m2k and his backpack
2. atomsk/nairo
3. adhd/fatal

Hopefully me and blacka take the tourney itself though o.~

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
@ fatal: what keitaro said but to be more specific, take span of recent results from the teams players and have the TOs judge on that. regardless, seeds 2 and 3 will play in semis if all goes well. only difference is bye or not depending on the teams entrants.

anti and gnes not a top 3 seed? oh word.

boss8

Smash Hero
boss's predictions

teams

1st. whoever is teaming with anti xD
2nd.atomsk and whoever he is teaming with
3rd.lee and whoever he is teaming with...

singles

1st.Gnes (if he on dat MLG dallas status)
2nd.lee martin
3rd atomsk
4th coney

lol these are just guesses xD

jbandrew

Smash Lord
Cool, accepted (both of you). Whenever ya'll see the tag Jband just tap me on the shoulder and tell me MM and I'll be like kk. I'll do the same to you.

Keitaro

John, try to contact Jtails or Will or Vinnie. I know they are getting here from New York somehow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom