• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KTAR 3 Results: All HD Videos are UP in opening!!

Mr-R

Smash Champion
Yo Mr-R, who's number 1 in Europe?
Glutonny..
good **** beating vinnie btw, saw it on the stream, IC DITTOS FTW

Gonna spend almost all day doing replays. I'm going to skip to the grand finals set and try to have the sound effects in the HD videos along with music. Don't expect this for a couple hours (4 oclockish) though since I'm more than sure the audio won't sync correctly so I'll have to edit it manually. I'll also have to rerecord the set played from my Wii so I can have the sound effects on it then record the set again using Fraps (takes about half hour per match for me)

In simple terms, I saved the replays on my Wii. I then took the replays from my Wii and uploaded them onto my computer into my Wii Emulator called Dolphin. I then play the replays in 720P and record them with a program called Fraps.

If you're more interested on how this works I can forward you a pm that I made explaining it.

I showed GIMR aka VGBootCamp my ways of doing this too but he may have already surpassed me in quality for this as he's giving me tips now lol! Imma try using his tips in today's recordings. Also the HD vids I have up now are in 30 fps. Gonna try to have the new ones up in 60 fps.

People were probably tricked by the quality to realize its showing at half the fps :p Then again, I swear normal capture cards record in such bad quality that my 30 fps HD vids look much more smooth than a capture card's 60 fps vids.
oooh wow i've never really thought about using the dolphin emulator that way, i'm gonna try that tonight then , i really NEED to have that quality haha
thanks for the responce

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Will be done with the GFs set asap, probably 6 oclock but its almost done.

Also, just noticed by looking at the bracket that Anti was put as 4th seed. I CLEARLY said and put Anti as 2nd see originally in the bracket so wtf happened???? Its pretty much settled that I will be the only person touching the brackets from now on.

AllyKnight

Will be done with the GFs set asap, probably 6 oclock but its almost done.

Also, just noticed by looking at the bracket that Anti was put as 4th seed. I CLEARLY said and put Anti as 2nd see originally in the bracket so wtf happened???? Its pretty much settled that I will be the only person touching the brackets from now on.
I don't know Anti would have been either 2nd or 3rd since he's still 1st in NY and ADHD still being 1st in NJ one of em would be 2nd (ADHD more for being in a harder region) but 4th seed? Da ****.

Keitaro

Yeah exactly, 3rd at worse so it makes no sense that he was on your side of the bracket before winners finals. *sigh*

Keitaro got this!!

Also grand finals with sound is being uploaded now in HD. Keitaro da best!!!!

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Whenever Alex Strife touches a bracket nowadays, i get bull****ted. (Apex)

Oh well, i got 2nd either way.

Keitaro

Keitaro

Thanks GIMR. The audio randomly doesn't sync at times when I first try to match it up so I had to edit the audio at parts for each video to make it sync. It only took like 10 minutes per vid to do which wasn't bad so I kept doing it for the rest.

All the videos are up now guys, hope you enjoy them.

Any vids that weren't put up in HD was because of items f-ing up the replay for my Emulator (IE: ADHD's bananas, Logic's Pikmin, Slikvik's motorcycle wheels) Random but it messed it up. Hopefully I'll learn to fix that problem in the future.

Come to KTAR 4 if you want to be recorded in HD while on livestream :D (check my sig for KTAR 4 picture link)

Luigi player

Smash Master
What about Anti vs Will?

Edit: I just saw it is uploaded on your channel, you just forgot to post the links in the op.

Keitaro

Sure, let me know if you can make KTAR 4 and if so ill gladly let ya help TO dude.

@ Slik: I think I have that replay but since I have normal jungle japes it doesn't show the glitch. It actually shows the olimar float in the water and then the rest of the replay is f-ed up.

dextasmurf

Smash Lord
**** u Keitaro THanks to u i can't watch any other vids because compared to ur quality its garbage...f-ing hate
you

<3

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
keitaro gave me some deets on his method and iv got hd vids coming for dso

but not as many as ktar

wtf how do u have the time to do all this keitaro, hd videos take years to make

Keitaro

keitaro gave me some deets on his method and iv got hd vids coming for dso

but not as many as ktar

wtf how do u have the time to do all this keitaro, hd videos take years to make
I don't have the time lol I just spent almost every waking hour of multiple days recording each video twice (one at normal speed, one at 1/10th the speed), edit them in premiere, and export then watch the video a million times to make sure it looks okay.

Takes even longer now that I have to edit sound into the videos too since the sound doesn't auto sync up.

I'd say overall it takes about 2 hours of effort per video just to get it prepared for youtube.

So considering all the videos I have up, I spent about 46 hours creating these vids which is why it took me a period of a week to put them up. Because of this, my HD vids will only be KTAR tourney exclusive but if anyone is willing to learn my methods I will teach um.

@ Smurf: <3 KTAR vids are the only vids you'll ever need to watch!!

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Record at 1/10th speed? Is that using the frame limiter option in Fraps? I saw it but didn't mess with it. My vids record at almost straight 31 fps. They vary slightly rarely but I just speed it up to 1.95x (60/31) and they come out fine and synced up with the sound.

Keitaro

Record at 1/10th speed? Is that using the frame limiter option in Fraps? I saw it but didn't mess with it. My vids record at almost straight 31 fps. They vary slightly rarely but I just speed it up to 1.95x (60/31) and they come out fine and synced up with the sound.
I didn't use the frame limiter option in Fraps. Did that help for you?

Also I hope that preset of 1.95x speed up is good for you. I recorded the vids with a capture card and put them into Premiere then recorded using Fraps and sped up the fraps vids to the exact beginning and ending time of the capture card video.

My Dolphin would record at 6 fps during one vid but then at 9 fps during another so I can't use a preset speed boost.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Mine is like 31 fps on all vids. I recorded sound seperately and put it over top of the video at 1.95x and it matched up exactly

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
What I did is limit the FPS to something my computer could handle very well but is also divisible into 60 so the frame rate wouldn't change when the graphics got a little more intense. 10 FPS did this for me. So I record at 10 fps, bring it into premiere, and speed it up 6X

Top Bottom