• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kpop Discussion~♡

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
Hey guys. I am not really well versed with Korean media. I listen to a lot of SNSD and Kara. I asked Dphat a couple days ago what other stuff I should listen to and he gave me some good stuff. I also wanted more opinions on good Kpop stuff.

Also does this forum only talk about Kpop? Does it talk about drama as well? I mentioned on facebook that I really enjoyed Kpop and my high school math teacher commented on the post and told me to watch Dream High. That was on Friday, and I just finished it today. I really enjoyed it. Any other recommendations? He told me to start Heartstrings which I plan to after I get home tomorrow from work.

Get@Will

Smash Champion
welcome to the thread NKB. if you're gonna stay, then i hope you enjoy it here. if not, hope you enjoy it anyways lol.

big bang (check out taeyang. he's a member of big bang, but he's got solo stuff), epik high (waaay too good), 2ne1, t-ara (personal bias lol), and b2st are some stuff to check out. there's more, but i can't think of anything off the top of my head. if you want specific songs, don't hesitate to ask.

anything to do with korea, we talk about. the music, the drama, news, etc. just throw it out there and i'm sure someone will respond lol.

i recommend you watch 49 days. very, VERY good imo. if you've heard of secret garden, i actually liked 49 days over it haha. so yeah, 49 days and secret garden.

i watch some drama, so if you're ever looking for more, just hit me up.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
You'll also want to check out Younha, TRAX, and 8eight. Like above, if you want some specifics I can help you out.

I've heard my sister fangirling over "Coffee Prince"? Or something of that. I've yet to get into dramas so I can't be of much help in that realm.

Nice to meet you by the way, I'm Tery. :3

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
welcome to the thread NKB. if you're gonna stay, then i hope you enjoy it here. if not, hope you enjoy it anyways lol.

big bang (check out taeyang. he's a member of big bang, but he's got solo stuff), epik high (waaay too good), 2ne1, t-ara (personal bias lol), and b2st are some stuff to check out. there's more, but i can't think of anything off the top of my head. if you want specific songs, don't hesitate to ask.

anything to do with korea, we talk about. the music, the drama, news, etc. just throw it out there and i'm sure someone will respond lol.

i recommend you watch 49 days. very, VERY good imo. if you've heard of secret garden, i actually liked 49 days over it haha. so yeah, 49 days and secret garden.

i watch some drama, so if you're ever looking for more, just hit me up.
You'll also want to check out Younha, TRAX, and 8eight. Like above, if you want some specifics I can help you out.

I've heard my sister fangirling over "Coffee Prince"? Or something of that. I've yet to get into dramas so I can't be of much help in that realm.

Nice to meet you by the way, I'm Tery. :3
<3 Much appreciated =) I will definitely check out everything!

Another quick question. What do you all use to watch your Kdrama? I used Hulu to watching Dream High.

Athena21

Smash Ace
NNID
Athena21
3DS FC
4167-5534-2969
NeverKnowsBest said:
He told me to start Heartstrings which I plan to after I get home tomorrow from work.
Seconding the Heartstrings recommendation because Yonghwa and Minhyuk are in it, and I like CN Blue's music. (I've never seen more than a few clips of the drama, though.)

sakuraZaKi

The Ultimate Sore Loser ♡
I'm filling in for my mom at the inn we run~
NNID
taeZaKi
3DS FC
3754-7545-6675
For music, I recommend TVXQ, Infinite, Super Junior, IU, SHINee and CN Blue. I've just started to watch K-dramas myself, so I dunno what to say, lol.

In terms of individual songs, I 'd recommend a lot to you, lol. Maybe I'll post 'em/edit them in later.

Welcome to the K-POP thread, NKB~ I kinda abandoned the ~dere thread for this, lol.

School starts in a week and I haven't made any dance covers. I'm so crap lazy...

Miharu

Smash Hero
i use google, since mostly everything mainstream that i do listen to comes out in 320 kbps these days

otherwise i ask my friend for obscure **** and he gives it to me in flac

Athena21

Smash Ace
NNID
Athena21
3DS FC
4167-5534-2969
I just watched Neon Ness do the tadtones part yesterday. Not looking forward to it on my playthrough.

Also, after listening to Tablo's Fever's End for a while... I didn't like it as much as I thought I would. The lyrics are great (especially Home and Dear TV), but I just don't like listening to most of the songs. I really like The Tide, though. Overall, I liked Simon D's album more.

justaway12

Smash Master
SNSD IS APPERANTLY HAVING A WORLD TOUR AND IS COMING TO ENGLAND <3

I thought Tablo's album was the most boring album of the 2011, sadly, the only track I enjoyed was HOME and that was only becuase of the feature. I find his flow pretty basic :'(

Athena21

Smash Ace
NNID
Athena21
3DS FC
4167-5534-2969
justaway12 said:
I find his flow pretty basic :'(
Blasphemy!

I like almost everything else he's done, especially with Epik High, so I was surprised. I don't know.

justaway12

Smash Master
lol, yeah, I'm alone with that thought :'(

I like almost everything I've heard from him too, (but that was only him with Epik High) so I expected a lot too, far too boring an album, zero standouts.

EDIT: OMG :drifloon:

So many new smileys I didn't see :o

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
So I have been devouring a lot of korean media lately and I had a quick question. Is invisible youth worth watching? I've seen it in passing for a while on the interwebs and wanted to know others opinions.

:phone:

justaway12

Smash Master
Season 1 is worth watching, very entertaining, until Yuri, Sunny and Hyuna leave, then it got a little boring, still might be worth watching then though, the first one or two episodes are a little slow.

Season 2 isn't yet worth watching yet, the hosts are not funny and don't interact as well as season 1 hosts, everything is scattered (no clear goal) and the activities are boring, the SNSD members, Jiyoung and Woori (kinda) are the only ones getting into it, hopefully it picks up though since it just started.

Top Bottom