• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kowns Thread.

Phaigne

Smash Journeyman
sweet man we gotta play sometime!! Do you go to any tournaments around here?

And yes admiral i remember you! One of the only other people from AIB trying to advance the metagame as much as me before i quit that site lol
I haven't gone to any, but I plan on doing so soon. We'll definitely play sometime, I'm in Columbus a good amount.

Sniper X

Smash Cadet
I think the reason a lot of pit players don't play "gay" or defensibly is that people get really really pissed off when they can't approach due to a storm of arrows coming their way. They want to close the distance but can't because they get close taking 10-20 damage and then the pit flies away and does it again. So the pit players bend to peer pressure when people start cussing at them or whatever it is they say.

Granted I still believe pit is one of the best CQC players in the game, but you have to know his timing, his delays, and everything by heart if you want to get in and not get ***** by the more powerful melee characters.

kown

Smash Lord
Then they shouldn't be playing this game competitively. You're playing to win when you put money up to enter a tournament, so this excuse isn't a good one.
sometimes competitive to one person means something completely different to the person next to you...just saying. people play off of their emotions. there is no fixing that.

King of Spam

Smash Rookie
Yeah,you really should be playing for yourself.**** what others think.especially if they are losing,they are going to john.in a snake/mk infested area like SoCal,I learned NOT to care.and I really do not get much complaints than when I started out a year ago honestly.usually scrubs still complain about pit's arrows.it's not the worst what most people realize,and it actually takes skill and thought WHEN to fire.

Suyon

Smash Lord
Alright. So yeah......just play whatever you think is right. Close or from range. Doesn't matter as long as it's gay. After I took my long cruise and got away from brawl for a week because I sucked at it.
And then this happens so yeah. Also most of my matches got recorded like... 6/9. But you're gonna have to wait till Jan. 2nd or later for them to be uploaded.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=259123
I'm hearing there's pit players in Ohio....what? I know you Phaigne but what?
Kown....you back now?!

Coffee™

I need it....
I ledgecamped someone to 300% yesterday in tourney. Get at my absolute lack of honor...

Afropony

Smash Lord
I have a challenge for you guys, how many Wingdashes can you do in a minute?

I got 95 (I think), after 20seconds your hand starts getting tired and you lose concentration lol.
You can test it easily by setting the time to 1minute and after the game is finished look how many aerials you've done.

MysteriousSilver

Smash Ace
I found a new trick I love doing, though it doesn't really work long at a higher level of play: brickwalling with Dthrow. Grab, Dthrow, chase, shield, grab, repeat. It's like a chaingrab, but they're doing it to themselves!

Most people around my level or below figure it out in 3-4 grabs, everyone above me figures it out in 2 if it even works the second time, but it's fun.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
I found a new trick I love doing, though it doesn't really work long at a higher level of play: brickwalling with Dthrow. Grab, Dthrow, chase, shield, grab, repeat. It's like a chaingrab, but they're doing it to themselves!

Most people around my level or below figure it out in 3-4 grabs, everyone above me figures it out in 2 if it even works the second time, but it's fun.
Not new, this is kinda obvious, punishing airdodges.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I might as well go first and say Merry Christmas! By the time many of u see it, it should be Christmas where u r.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Let's step it up next year =D Pit is waay better than what we are showing. Pit belongs on the top of A tier imo.

Katana_koden

Smash Ace
Yea, no pits really play pit competitively. Except a select known few. I play too many friendlies. If and I play pit seriously paying attention to everything, he is really good.

Me playing serious, forget about all AT's except arrow looping and maybe a wingdash to get out of jabs. I don't think I camp, I punish for everything.

Approaching is bad but you can stay close. Arrows force them to approach as their shields gradually fall till thier head shows a bit. You can have them foresee a Fair as you jump and stall in place as their shields go down. At this point pit can hit with alot of moves regardless of shield. If they roll, its easily punished. If spaced correctly, you can punish their attempted aerial or attack.

Pit can edge gaurd like no other, if used correctly, well they shouldn't be able to.

I just gotta be patient more often till it is consistent.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Maybe you should work on throwing more arrows and less controllers.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Prepare for New Year's soon, fellow angels! Less than 22 hours away in the pacific.

Top Bottom