• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kowns Thread.

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
Lol I still make things xD I meant I made stuff for Apex :-p but I won't stop. This is like my job until I'm finished with college and even then I'll probably still do it. I love making things :3

-Gonna go to Metrocon this year and sell stuff and cosplay ~! wooot I have to start working on the outfits soonish~

Heartstring

Smash Legend
wow, whole costumes? that will be a task and a half, what ones you gonna make?

Go for the newest power rangers in a kids size outfit. that will sell for sure. the power of persuasive children! (thats assuming metrocon has lots of kids)

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
wow, whole costumes? that will be a task and a half, what ones you gonna make?

Go for the newest power rangers in a kids size outfit. that will sell for sure. the power of persuasive children! (thats assuming metrocon has lots of kids)
....LOL no not power rangers haha. I'm making Shun and Saki from Shinsekai Yori. Justins going to be Shun. Then I'm going to be Shiemi Moriyama from Ao No Exorcist and then I'm going to be Gasai Yuno while Justin's Yuki from Mirai Nikki~

It shouldn't be too difficult since I know how to sew clothes. Plus for Shiemi I already finished the shirt and just need to finish the blazer I started and then I gotta make the skirt :x

Heartstring

Smash Legend
read that as 'england is superb' bloody patriotism XD
but yes, dat troll ending

....LOL no not power rangers haha. I'm making Shun and Saki from Shinsekai Yori. Justins going to be Shun. Then I'm going to be Shiemi Moriyama from Ao No Exorcist and then I'm going to be Gasai Yuno while Justin's Yuki from Mirai Nikki~

It shouldn't be too difficult since I know how to sew clothes. Plus for Shiemi I already finished the shirt and just need to finish the blazer I started and then I gotta make the skirt :x
oh of course your cosplay XD for whatever reason, I had gotten it into my head that you were making costume to sell XD

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
read that as 'england is superb' bloody patriotism XD
but yes, dat troll ending

oh of course your cosplay XD for whatever reason, I had gotten it into my head that you were making costume to sell XD

Nah I'd rather not make costumes to sell xD Too much work and I'd have to figure out all the measurements for different people and just meh lol I could make props/plushies/accessories for other people but not full costumes because 1. It would cost a lot more since it's material + labor + hours of work and 2. I doubt many people are really willing to spend all that money

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Nah I'd rather not make costumes to sell xD Too much work and I'd have to figure out all the measurements for different people and just meh lol I could make props/plushies/accessories for other people but not full costumes because 1. It would cost a lot more since it's material + labor + hours of work and 2. I doubt many people are really willing to spend all that money
that is true, but then again. some people are truly lazy but still want to cosplay.
I personally cant see why as a lot of the fun is in the creation though

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Pit's, I'm noticing that Pit isn't exactly a speedy type of character. I feel he is like a Marth in that player skill takes you very far, and there are many different things to master at top level. Spacing/Predictions/Punishes are key w/ Pit.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Pit's, I'm noticing that Pit isn't exactly a speedy type of character. I feel he is like a Marth in that player skill takes you very far, and there are many different things to master at top level. Spacing/Predictions/Punishes are key w/ Pit.
...I think just about every character is like that man. you can't just autopilot your way to the top of the heap, you have to think about everything and play to the best of your ability in everything.

that said, I feel spacing is more important with pit than it is with most characters. namely because range is one of the few things that he is above-average in

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Lol I still make things xD I meant I made stuff for Apex :-p but I won't stop. This is like my job until I'm finished with college and even then I'll probably still do it. I love making things :3
Yeah, I remember you posted some of your stuff in the Pony thread (I think). I def wanted a Twilight Sparkle plushie but didn't know if you still made anything; and I didn't go to APEX, lolz.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
you're kinda right but then again kinda not. he has to be quick in every single thing that he does, however since this is brawl this includes being quick not to approach. pit is a character who in the end is designed to specialize in long range combat with the tools to keep it as such. but this doesn't make him slow. he's got plenty of good tools when he is at mid close range away and further. pit has the ability to do more damage up close but in exchange his safe options become fewer the closer you are to the opponent. however when you are at close range he has few key options that put him in safe positions and put him back at mid close range.

mainly up close im talking about spacing fair jab ftilt and dtilt (and every once in a bit or if they are shielding get that sneaky grab) out of an initially retreating walk or short hop, but then moving back in (or vice versa direction wise) with the intent to use one of the options above. you should always keep in mind which moves put your particular opponent's character in a worse postion. for example i space metaknight more with fair ftilt and dtilt because these all get him the **** away from me. against snake i space more with fair, jab, and dtilt becasue fair is the longest thing we got and i don't like getting grabbed, jab because it beats him amazing spot dodge and possilbly gets him offstage which rocks, and dtilt because it's fast enough to punish his ftilt1 on powershield and pops him in the air. all of this happens really fast and if you're good enough, pit can keep up.

and then there are the options available to everyone including pit at close range (i mentioned short hopping as one his personal options because everyones mobility is different): power shielding, dodging, short hopping (and SHAD-ing), rushing down, running away. all of these require you to be very quick minded to pick whether any of the above options (including the above paragraph) and which one is best suited to the your opposing character and player at the same time. but how does pit know which one to pick and when he picks how should he go about executing it? sure some things like walk forward jab beats spot dodge are easy, but when you need to rush in or run away, what do you do? what's most efficient? a lot of times pit's forget they are actually one of the highest mobility and fastest moving characters in the game. they just have to be creative.

lets talk about this mobility and how to properly use it when running away or rushing down. first off running away. his dash is alright, he can run from stuff. but he gets outclassed here by many characters. so instead of dashing, you roll. pit's rolls are amazing. they help you get away plenty of times. but then they start punishing rolls more and more. so you jump or wings. and this is where it gets interesting.

you've jumped. now when you jumped up based on where they were you may have done a rising dair, but lets assume you just got away from them, you need to move, they're coming. if you landed on a platform add in your own platform mechanics options im just covering running. so you are in the air, high up, did you know against a lot of characters, WOI allows you so much movement that you can use it to get away and land lag less or grab a ledge. if you happened to have refreshed it, you have the option of taking to the skies even higher. if you did that, then you have access to the fastest glide in the game, and another up-b. between these 2 options you can always land far away from your opponent and reset everything to neutral.

im really stoned and just laid out a bunch of pit knowledge in a way most probably won't get. but im just trying to show you that pit isn't slow gadiel

edit: someday ill do this and talk about rushdown. then you'll get really confused

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
Yeah, I remember you posted some of your stuff in the Pony thread (I think). I def wanted a Twilight Sparkle plushie but didn't know if you still made anything; and I didn't go to APEX, lolz.
Yeah xD I make stuff~ I'll still be making stuff since I really like it :)

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
you're kinda right but then again kinda not. he has to be quick in every single thing that he does, however since this is brawl this includes being quick not to approach. pit is a character who in the end is designed to specialize in long range combat with the tools to keep it as such. but this doesn't make him slow. he's got plenty of good tools when he is at mid close range away and further. pit has the ability to do more damage up close but in exchange his safe options become fewer the closer you are to the opponent. however when you are at close range he has few key options that put him in safe positions and put him back at mid close range.

mainly up close im talking about spacing fair jab ftilt and dtilt (and every once in a bit or if they are shielding get that sneaky grab) out of an initially retreating walk or short hop, but then moving back in (or vice versa direction wise) with the intent to use one of the options above. you should always keep in mind which moves put your particular opponent's character in a worse postion. for example i space metaknight more with fair ftilt and dtilt because these all get him the **** away from me. against snake i space more with fair, jab, and dtilt becasue fair is the longest thing we got and i don't like getting grabbed, jab because it beats him amazing spot dodge and possilbly gets him offstage which rocks, and dtilt because it's fast enough to punish his ftilt1 on powershield and pops him in the air. all of this happens really fast and if you're good enough, pit can keep up.

and then there are the options available to everyone including pit at close range (i mentioned short hopping as one his personal options because everyones mobility is different): power shielding, dodging, short hopping (and SHAD-ing), rushing down, running away. all of these require you to be very quick minded to pick whether any of the above options (including the above paragraph) and which one is best suited to the your opposing character and player at the same time. but how does pit know which one to pick and when he picks how should he go about executing it? sure some things like walk forward jab beats spot dodge are easy, but when you need to rush in or run away, what do you do? what's most efficient? a lot of times pit's forget they are actually one of the highest mobility and fastest moving characters in the game. they just have to be creative.

lets talk about this mobility and how to properly use it when running away or rushing down. first off running away. his dash is alright, he can run from stuff. but he gets outclassed here by many characters. so instead of dashing, you roll. pit's rolls are amazing. they help you get away plenty of times. but then they start punishing rolls more and more. so you jump or wings. and this is where it gets interesting.

you've jumped. now when you jumped up based on where they were you may have done a rising dair, but lets assume you just got away from them, you need to move, they're coming. if you landed on a platform add in your own platform mechanics options im just covering running. so you are in the air, high up, did you know against a lot of characters, WOI allows you so much movement that you can use it to get away and land lag less or grab a ledge. if you happened to have refreshed it, you have the option of taking to the skies even higher. if you did that, then you have access to the fastest glide in the game, and another up-b. between these 2 options you can always land far away from your opponent and reset everything to neutral.

im really stoned and just laid out a bunch of pit knowledge in a way most probably won't get. but im just trying to show you that pit isn't slow gadiel

edit: someday ill do this and talk about rushdown. then you'll get really confused
No Maharba, that helped. Thank you, its tying into what Gheb is teaching me about reseting to neutral. I don't think Pit is that slow, just not super quick like ZSS or Sonic. I think I can improve my own tech & speed though. I feel he can be at least twice as fast as I play him, maybe even faster.

:phone:

Heartstring

Smash Legend
sonics only quick in run-speed really, his move startup is quite average when compared to most characters.

Pit has his moves, Frame 2 Utilt is pretty damn good, frame 5 Dtilt an Dsmash (I think) is pretty great for their range too.
He just suffers a bit because his Jab is frame 5 too, it's just a bit to slow to compete with most. I've lost count of how many times Loz got pissed because I just punch pit in the face with my frame 3 jab and all he can do is shield it

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
dtilt is frame 6, and yes jab is a frame or 2 slow but if you space it properly it even wins jab wars against falco. must have good spacing my son (if you want to be a try hard make the second hit come out asap and space with that, it's longer)

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Pit's jab has slightly more horizontal range than his f-smash. It's an incredible move. I rarely use fsmash anymore because jab replaces it, and it's also safer, and with more mix ups because we can double jab cancel into grab, d-smash, rolls, shields, infinite jabs, slow jabs, etc.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
dtilt is frame 6, and yes jab is a frame or 2 slow but if you space it properly it even wins jab wars against falco. must have good spacing my son (if you want to be a try hard make the second hit come out asap and space with that, it's longer)
Are you still high? You're talking to an Ike main, I know ALL about spacing well, PARTICULARLY with jabs XD

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
wat does using ike have anything to do with jabbing with pit? different frames different buffer windows different range. idc if you main ike, i know more about pit's jab. and **** ya im high just no where as much as i was earlier

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Using Ike and jabbing with Pit are both all about good spacing. actually, good spacing with Jab is kinda a universal skill (unless you main a character who hasnt got a jab, Like D3)

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Genesis3? Lolno, The flight to NJ was long enough and that was the east coast, West coast would be killer

Plus no money

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Genesis3? Lolno, The flight to NJ was long enough and that was the east coast, West coast would be killer

Plus no money
A 14 hour plane ride isn't that long; that's how long it took my carpool to get to Genesis from southern California (because out driver kept making unnecessary stops and had a bit of a "side quest").

No money is a legit excuse though.

EDIT: Mexican border to Genesis is supposed to be a 10 hour drive in case you were wondering.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Guys, I'm learning more about the MK matchup. In theory, MK has about 5 optimal approaches (Fair, Shield, Dash attack, tornado, and forward roll) It's entirely possible to cover all these options w/ good spacing, and react to these options, which the Japanese Pits seem well versed in.

Also, smart landings & shield health are very important. I think that up-b reset that Kuro found will be very useful in future Pit metagame.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Pit is very easy to dash-shield-grab on landing. I'm wondering how much smarter he can land against fast ground characters.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
The lagless up-b landing Pit can do. You can basically, land away safer by up-b dropping to the stage and hold up and dair to land.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
thought that was what you were talking about. it's been around since before kuro mained pit.

edit:
pretty sure it was either undr or sagemoon who discovered lagless landing with it. that ****'s free

Heartstring

Smash Legend
did you ever finish the pizza?

It saw england breifly, I finished off the last slice on the plane back.

A 14 hour plane ride isn't that long; that's how long it took my carpool to get to Genesis from southern California (because out driver kept making unnecessary stops and had a bit of a "side quest").

No money is a legit excuse though.
Well money is the primary one, Im not bothered by the time it takes, But bear in mind that the flight is just the plane journey (although it would be more like 12 hours at a guess). theres the whole protocol of flying which takes about 3 hours including both ends of the flight. Then theres me getting to the airport in the first place which is like 4 or 5 hours. But yeah, Not too bad.

[yt]S7Fe6vlUJTk[/yt]

....wut
I admit, I was only interested by the fact that the title was 'tea' and then was interested by a whole lot of bull**** that followed

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
I have an Ike problem, I've been losing to Ike since 10', how do you play the matchup? I always run away camp, but it doesn't seem to work :/

Top Bottom