• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kowns Thread.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
dude using solo pit gets old after doing it for years and years. i play lucario metaknight marth ddd and luigi more than i play just pit nowadays. however i still play pit more than any 1 of those characters by themself. it's just preferance. there is no cool or uncool for staying one character (hell people usually hype you up more if you have a cool secondary)
yeah but MK is not cool in any way
Plus Loz has only been playing for like a year and a bit at a half decent level

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
i like using pit against mk. though my alternative is ROB. I dont think its that bad though
Stingers, your Pit is naturally good @ the MK matchup for some odd reason. Archer nor VICE(when he played) is great at the matchup, but Acher is a good player, so it kinda makes up for it. I don't think MK vs Pit is impossible either; I believe Earth can take down the top level MKs @ Apex though, partially due to unfamiliarity, but also because Earth is a smart player and very good @ the MK matchup.

I feel that Pit can control MK to an extent on the ground w/ his arrows, which can get in a MK's head. Pit definitely has a mindgame advantage in some areas of the matchup, but Pit loses to MK in the air which Pit is great at vs other chars, so you have to rely more on a ground game.

Pit has a good ground game, not as strong as top tiers like Diddy/Falco/Snake who have faster moves, but almost on the level of those characters in term of his speed/range/priority of his tilts/smashes/jab. MK beats Pit in ground game w/ his f-tilt range, so it takes a lot using Pit's great fox-trot, walk, and dash shield, along w/ well-spaced arrows, grabs, and good punishes w/ Pit's smashes/jabs to conquer MK on the ground.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Gadiel, when we met at WHOBO I thought you said your name was "Daddio The Star" and I did not realize who you were until you started beating me and I had to make sense of thing.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Gadiel, when we met at WHOBO I thought you said your name was "Daddio The Star" and I did not realize who you were until you started beating me and I had to make sense of thing.
Did we play? I don't remember playing any Sonics @ Whobo. Did you even go Sonic or what?

Edit: I'm also in pool 28 @ Apex, too bad I can't go because I know I could get a top 3 seed :( I was gonna play Zinoto, and I know how to camp the mess out of Diddy because of P-1 practice.

Loz8ichimaru

Smash Apprentice
yeah but MK is not cool in any way
Plus Loz has only been playing for like a year and a bit at a half decent level
I only play MK in friendlies when bored, I would never use him in tournament, unless maybe when my soul is already broken or I'm being held at gunpoint. Recently been playing Fox more but yeah Pit is my main and is the only character I use in tournaments except in very select match-ups where I may or may not change. Ie. I've used GnW instead vs Wario and MK before... and Yoshi lol

Thoughts on apex bracket pools:

Pool 2: Pitzer vs Kadaj, with the winner likely playing Quiksilver in winners semis. Seems pretty cool, Pit vs Marth is difficult to say the least, but doable, should be a good set, save replays if possible, and good luck vs Quiksilver if it happens!

Pool 4: Not Pit related but possible meeting of Anti and DLA in winners semis is LOL, would love to see that set happen! Use all your power Ganon!

Pool 7: Possibly 9B vs Dapuffster in winners semis, want it to happen for the lolz, the outrageous level of camping would be too good, plus for obvious reasons I've never heard of this match-up before, ever.

Pool 10: Feel bad for Trump... if he wins his first set he plays Vinnie, which in general is bad enough but Fox vs ICs too (does Trump use other characters?)

Pool 13: My man GP! If you win against your first opponent (I have no idea who PatAttack_FGCU is) then you get to play ADHD! If you end up in losers quarters your most likely opponent is Pelca/Zekey... and at that prob Zekey (I don't fancy DDD vs Falco). Diddy and DDD - Not the best match-ups for you but you can at least overcome the latter. No some research on everyone else you could play in between these matches too, for England!!

Pool 14: Earth. He's getting out, no problem. Shame Winners finals are not played out as him vs Tyrant would've been sick!

Pool 15: Since Ike-Diddy is likely to take place in pool 13, I'd love to see it here too with Ryo and Player 1. Plus Ryo is beast.

Pool 16: Shaky vs Pink fresh possible in winners semis - Eartbound clash! Also Abadango.

Pool 17: KiraFlax, decent pool, admittedly Tearbear will be difficult, very good chance of making main bracket, also: use Pit, Pit is the answer.

Pool 19: Awesome! Koolaid and Mr R! Pretty such Ascwolf is european so it's a little gay he's in the same side as Mr R but what can you do. Koolaid vs Malcolm possible in winners semis - want to see a great Pit vs Wario, wreck that fat ******* and save replays!! You got this, main bracket for sure.

Pool 21: UltimateRazer and Z in the same pool, would be cool to see that match-up played again without Esam involved and see the result, unfortunately can only play in losers, which seems unlikely.

Pool 22: LEON! Easy route to Winners finals imo, good luck with the main bracket!

Pool 26: Good luck Fyre, Ripple first round isn't bad, chaingrab DK to all hell! Sol64 - dude, do the UK proud! If you win your first set you face Seibrik, so that's MK/Wario/DDD - not easy but try your best, and before the tournament scout everyone in the pool and practice HARD!! If you play Fyre you will lose though, because: Pit.

Pool 28: Gadiel, nice pool, you really can't make it man? That sucks...

Pool 30: Luckay - if you play Luigi Player that'll be an awesome set, replays are a requirement. And as standard procedure in the Pit-Diddy match-up: camp him until his eyes literally start to bleed. Good luck!
Not the easiest pool but I expect you to make main bracket. Also Desti, good luck dude, EUROPE!

Ans that's it, there's a few other europeans going but I either don't know them, or they main MK and therefore they don't deserve my support. If I missed any Pits - my bad, I hope you guys do well. Well hyped for this.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Thats possible I suppose, or maybe I misheard the person I played way worse than I thought. Tough luck running in Gnes round 1 losers, Xyro is a fun but strict TO and DQed alot of top players that showed up late IIRC.

I was salty I had to face Kprime round 1, its like the last thing I wanna run into. Kirby ruined my weekend lol.

Just looked at the bracket and yea it was Kuro lol. I was also foiled by Zeton, which sucks because I really think I could have beaten 1nui (assuming he used Peach) and Ch1bo to get my rematch with Espy.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Pool 4: Not Pit related but possible meeting of Anti and DLA in winners semis is LOL, would love to see that set happen! Use all your power Ganon!

Pool 13: My man GP! If you win against your first opponent (I have no idea who PatAttack_FGCU is) then you get to play ADHD! If you end up in losers quarters your most likely opponent is Pelca/Zekey... and at that prob Zekey (I don't fancy DDD vs Falco). Diddy and DDD - Not the best match-ups for you but you can at least overcome the latter. No some research on everyone else you could play in between these matches too, for England!!

Pool 26: Good luck Fyre, Ripple first round isn't bad, chaingrab DK to all hell! Sol64 - dude, do the UK proud! If you win your first set you face Seibrik, so that's MK/Wario/DDD - not easy but try your best, and before the tournament scout everyone in the pool and practice HARD!! If you play Fyre you will lose though, because: Pit.
Pool 4: DLA goes MK like 99% of the time :(

Pool 13: It's being re-arranged because its got 2 top seeds in it at the same time so theyre gonna fix it hopefully. and thanks, If I can get out of these pools then i am officially a sword god

pool 26: Oh snap, Fyre vs Sol64? This is a hype matchup worthy of K.mac vs. B.Mac! (oh wait, you're too new to the scene, you dont know about this...)

see some of you guys in a few days :D

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Salem winning this Apex was the best thing I witnessed in this game to date. I'm very impressed with my friend.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Salem winning this Apex was the best thing I witnessed in this game to date. I'm very impressed with my friend.
Salem went iiiinnn! It was the most unexpected occurrence of events in Smash History. I've followed this community since 2007 & I have never seen anything like that in my life even in the other fighting game communities.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Was a pleasure to meet Fyre, Koolaid, Earth, Kiraflax and awesome to see Luckay as usual.

I'm sad that I didn't get to meet everyone else though. Say cool, my winged brothers and sister(s).

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
salem winning wasn't that surprising. I knew after he beat otori the first time he had a really good chance. His sets were all pretty close though, mikeneko almost had him.

also may stop going to tournaments. Brawl takes up too much time, tourneys are expensive, road trips are dangerous. Second time a brawl tourney has caused an incident like the one I just went through.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Brawl caused the accident?

Well I can see how showing up at the venue around 11AM and being there til 4AM can make a road trip tough. You should always have housing though so you don't have to make a long tiresome drive at night.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
K new way to fight Marth. PS his Fair's then Dtilt. then Pivot Grab his fairs on reaction. Always recover from the top of the screen and fly under the stage. Establish the Percentage Lead and Force him to approach, Ban's BF, Yoshi's. Cp's FD, SV. Always force him in the Air, Up throw's Bait airdodges.

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
Are you still making scarves and plushies?

lol can't believe I forgot about Earth.
I made Plushies, scarves AND hats :3

@G~P : Thank youuuu :3 the LOZ scarf turned out way better than i expected and I'm glad it went to someone I know will take care of it as you've taken care of Lyra :'3

Heartstring

Smash Legend
the LOZ scarf turned out way better than i expected and I'm glad it went to someone I know will take care of it as you've taken care of Lyra :'3
Damn right. Infact I cant wait to meet up with my uni friends and be all like 'hey check out my triforce scarf. it's one of a kind, umad?'

Add CS depending on the Marth player for bans. And who watched/played Earth? How was his Pit?

:phone:
I played earth in doubles. He was pretty damn good, as was his GF surprisingly
oh yeah, nuther picture:
me and earth :B

Loz8ichimaru

Smash Apprentice
Damn right. Infact I cant wait to meet up with my uni friends and be all like 'hey check out my triforce scarf. it's one of a kind, umad?'

I played earth in doubles. He was pretty damn good, as was his GF surprisingly
oh yeah, nuther picture:
me and earth :B
LoZ scarf? I hate you.

Top Bottom