• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kowns Thread.

Xcallion

Smash Ace
I need to play against some of you guys some time. Though... I'm not sure how productive Pit mirrors actually are, since we're kind of good and bad all at the same time against our self.
Kinda describes all Mirror Match ups^

Xcallion

Smash Ace
So what do you suppose they were thinking when they made the new characters for brawl. I can only wonder at their thought process. Obviously general stuff like the basic movesets mostly make sense(arrows, lazers, falcon pawnch, ect), what i mean is, what were they thinking when they made the frame data and such.

Esca

Smash Champion
I do know the reason Snake's hit boxes are so large is because when they first made his character model, he was 125% larger than he is now. They shrunk the character but "forgot" to change his hitboxes.

Xcallion

Smash Ace
Where is the logic in ganon? i think his fastest move is his grab which comes out in 6 frames. wtf were they thinking?

Nitrix

Smash Ace
I do know the reason Snake's hit boxes are so large is because when they first made his character model, he was 125% larger than he is now. They shrunk the character but "forgot" to change his hitboxes.

lol its funny to hear about these "mistakes" that occur with brawl. I remember reading somewhere that Tornado's priority is a mistake as well.

and I think you mean 25% larger lol.

Esca

Smash Champion
darth pika a lot of us use more than just pit (which when you think about it is our biggest downfall) so you have variety to choose from. more than just dittos
That's not a big downfall.

Playing with other characters extends your mindset and playstyle. It gives you better (generally) habits due to other moves needing to be used, and it helps you think more. I think other characters greatly extends your play. If the person has the brains anc capability, then more than 1 character should never hinder said person.

That's at least the way I see it.

Nitrix

Smash Ace
I think playing as other characters makes my Pit better. I didn't play wii at all for a few months, then returned and did better than ever before with Pit.

Sometimes a break lets you return and look at things differently. Playing the same character over and over can get you stuck in a certain mindset and forces you to have habits.

Where is the logic in ganon? i think his fastest move is his grab which comes out in 6 frames. wtf were they thinking?

The developers didn't want all characters to be equal. By including Ganon, they gave people a challenge. Sometimes people like rediculously bad characters lol.

I don't think Ganon would be nearly as loved if he was mid tier. Look at Bowser.

Abel1994

Smash Lord
I think playing as other characters makes my Pit better. I didn't play wii at all for a few months, then returned and did better than ever before with Pit.

Sometimes a break lets you return and look at things differently. Playing the same character over and over can get you stuck in a certain mindset and forces you to have habits.

lol me 2

When I stop playing for a month or 2 I come back with a diffrent better play style :3
If I keep playing I do the same thing over and over again cous of a habit

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
@esca

that's true (and hell i can use multiple characters) but honestly if u think about it using multi-chars takes away the experiance you gain from playing a match up over and over from your main. but the way i see it is this.

pit has 2 glaringly hard match ups. g&w and wario (mayb oli but lets not talk about that). if you use a different character for just those 2 match ups and then use pit for everything else (like i use Marth for those 2 only anymore and fight every1 else with pit) you are balancing out the experiance your main needs against all the other characters and learning only the neccessary match ups with some1 else.

thus you are getting the most experiance you can with those who you need as opposed to just trying to learn the same match up a bunch of different ways. it's better to have 1 character's match ups down perfectly then to have a bunch of characters' match ups down good. this is why i've dropped all characters but pit and marth for just those 2 match ups as of last week. (finally got to play some smash the other day)

that's my thoughts on the subject anyways

Katana_koden

Smash Ace
Just did a money match vs M2K, Pit can definitely beat him. But his skill lvl was 2 great. I managed to take both stocks on both rounds. Why does everyone get 3 stocked by him?

Its funny I footstooled him near the bottom of the stage 2x yet he drilled to the edge before I made it back, was like wtf. Anyways he has crazy control. I just don't have good metaknight experience... no he's not average great meta knight.

Abel1994

Smash Lord
Just did a money match vs M2K, Pit can definitely beat him. But his skill lvl was 2 great. I managed to take both stocks on both rounds. Why does everyone get 3 stocked by him?

Its funny I footstooled him near the bottom of the stage 2x yet he drilled to the edge before I made it back, was like wtf. Anyways he has crazy control. I just don't have good metaknight experience... no he's not average great meta knight.
He easy to beat manng

Good job btw

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master

Who gets 3 stocked by him? I never got 3 stocked when I played him lol.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
even i managed to take a stock off him before we had too quit our 1 and only friendly because my dubz team got called.

side note: ain't seen krystedez post in a while

Esca

Smash Champion
I got M2k to 1 stock 50+% at whobo.

He's good, but you can't get intimidated by the person. I play everyone like they're the best person possible and it's helped me alot through my career.

Top Bottom