• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KOTC Mega Tournament - September 22nd, 2012 - Morristown, New Jersey

LLDL

Smash Hero

Date: September 22, 2012

Schedule:
  • 10:00am - 11:00am - Setup
  • 11:00am - 12:30pm - Sign ups / Registration
  • 12:30pm - Brawl Doubles
  • 1:00pm - Melee Doubles
  • 3:00pm - Brawl Singles
  • 4:00pm - Melee Singles

3 Speedwell Avenue
Morristown, NJ 07960

Entry Fees:

Venue Fee: $10.00 per person
Melee Singles: $10.00 per person
Melee Doubles: $10.00 per person ($20.00 per team)
Brawl Singles: $10.00 per person
Brawl Doubles: $10.00 per person ($20.00 per team)​

Singles Payouts:

1st Place: 70%
2nd Place: 20%
3rd Place: 10%

Doubles Payouts

70/20/10 if at least 8 teams
70/30 if less than 8 teams

Chocolate Lemon: Episode 6 (Part 2) [KOTC Series]

Rules: SSBM

General Rules:

4 Stock Matches, 7 Minute Time limit
All sets are best 2/3 games. Winners Finals, Losers Finals and Grand Finals sets are best 3/5 games.
All items off.
If there is a tie at the end of the time limit, then the person with more stocks wins. If both players have the same amount of stocks, then the person with the lower percent of damage wins.
Wobbling is banned
Unless both players agree before a set, If you pause-reset a game, you forfeit that match. It doesn’t matter if you spiked your opponent and assume that there was no way they could recover, or if they were already dying off the top, just let the the game go to “GAME” in any tournament match.

Stage Pick Rules:

Stage Striking will be in effect for the first match of the set. The player with the lower (closest to the first) port will get to choose the first strike. You will each strike neutral stages until there is 1 stage left. The remaining stage will be played on game 1.
After a player wins a match, they can ban 1 stage for the set. Loser may then choose a neutral or counterpick stage for the next match.
PCC: If both players agree to play on a stage outside of this ruleset, you may play on that stage.
DMSR will be in effect. A player may not pick a stage that he/she’s already won on in a set, unless the other player agrees.

Singles Neutral Stages:

Final Destination
Yoshi’s Story
Dreamland
Battlefield
Fountain of Dreams

Singles Counterpicks:

Pokemon Stadium

Rules: SSBB

General Rules:

3 Stocks
8 Minute Time Limit
Items set to "Off" and "None"
Pause set to "Off"
Meta Knight's infinite dimensional cape tactic is banned.
All infinites and chain grabs are legal.
There is a 40 Ledge Grab Limit for all characters. If a game goes to time and one player goes over the Ledge Grab Limit for their character, they will automatically lose the game. If both players exceed their Ledge Grab Limit, then this rule is ignored.
The act of stalling is banned: stalling is intentionally making the game unplayable: Such as becoming invisible, continuing infinites, chain grabs, or uninterruptible moves past 300%, and reaching a position that your opponent can never reach you.
Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
If the Ledge Grab Limit does not declare one player the winner, the winner will be declared by what the game says in all situations, except for when players are presented with sudden death:
In the event of a match going to time, the winner will be determined by who has less percent (stock difference still takes priority but will be shown in the results screen).
If the match ends with both players dying at the same time (either coincidentally or via suicide move) or if time ran out with both players at equal percent, a one stock three minute rematch will be played on the same stage. For a tie-breaker match, a Ledge Grab Limit of 15 is used for all characters. The only other exception to this is the game ending from a Bowser or Ganon Suicide tactic, where the initiator of the move wins.

Set Procedure

Player Priority is determined if it can not be agreed on. (See below for details)
Each Team selects one controller port to use for each Player.
Each Team selects one character for each Player. A double blind pick may be called by any player.
The first game is played on a Stage selected from the Starter Stage List either by mutual consent or through the Stage Striking Method. The order of stage striking will be 2-3-1 (Team 1 strikes two stages, followed by Team 2 striking three stages, with Team 1 then striking one of the two remaining stages).
The first match is played.
The team that lost the previous match may opt to re-pick controller ports (with themselves picking first).
The Team that won the previous match may announce one "Stage Ban" if they have not already done so in this set.
The Team that lost the previous match announces the stage for the next match from either the Starter or the Counterpick Stage List. Any Stage named as a "Stage Ban" by the either Team may not be selected. No Stage may be used by a Team that has already won on that Stage in this set.
The Team that won the previous match chooses one character for each Player.
The Team that lost the previous match chooses one character for each Player.
The next match is played.
Repeat steps 6-11 for all proceeding matches.

Determining Player Priority
If there is a dispute in controller port selection or initiating Stage Strike use the following method:
Teams will use a random method such as Rock-Paper-Scissors, Coin Flip, or Game and Watch Judgment, where the winner selects either first choice in port selection or first choice in stage striking. Whichever team does not receive first choice in port selection will be compensated with first choice in stage striking.
Note: In Doubles, port selection is ordered 1-2-2-1 fashion (with Team-1 having first choice in controller slot select, Team-2 having both second and third choice, and the final slot going to Team-1).

Stage List
Starters
Battlefield
Final Destination
Lylat Cruise
Smashville
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)

Counterpicks
Battleship Halberd
Pokemon Stadium 1
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon
Conduct Rules

In the event pause is left on accidentally and is pressed, immediately call over the TO. Based upon their judgment, the situation will be resolved. If your situation is neutral [players are not in combat], the match will be resumed as if the pause had not occurred. If your situation is advantageous to one individual and the player in the disadvantageous situation paused, the disadvantaged player will be either placed in a grab or onto the ledge of the stage. If a player in a death situation [Chain grabs, Grab releases, Jab-locks to a kill move, etc] paused while in a death situation, the current stock is forfeited immediately. If you unpause before the TO reaches the station, the player that unpaused losses a stock.
Players who use the Wii Remote must take the batteries out of the Wii Remote when not playing. If the Wii Remote is still synced up to a Wii with the batteries in, you could unintentionally disrupt a match. If problems persist, a DQ may happen.
You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility (including battery issues with a Wii Remote), so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. Both parties need to agree if a match is to be paused or restarted because of these problems.
The tournament organizer has the right to save/record any tournament match if possible and has the right to upload said match.
Any hacks, including (but not limited to) textures, music, and model changes are not allowed.

Interest

1. Nando
  2. CopyCat
  3. StriCNYN3
  4. DekuNut
  5. Blankdots
  6. Eggm
  7. Chain-Ace
  8. Mafia + Crew
  9. Smelly Cat
  10. JSex
  11. Ryobeat
  12. Deathknight
  13. NJzFinest
  14. Alukard
  15. DJ Nintendo
  16. Jellybeanman
  17. joshcorris
  18. Arhungry
  19. Luigisama
  20. RaptorTEC
  21. theDuL0R
  22. Inui
  23. Kite91 + Like 4
  24. NAKAT
  25. ENV
  26. HBK
  27. Saint Plox
  28. Bloodcross
  29. Izumi-kun
  30. Le Fou

Youngster Joey

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4871-5018-1679
how many brawl players come to this? this is gonna be my first tourney ever since its down the street from me haha

joshcorris

Smash Cadet
holy sh*t this is on my birthday. you think i could ride with you to this danny? can't think of a better way to turn freaking 29, which is a depressing age, and warrants a distraction.

LLDL

Smash Hero

Chocolate Lemon: Episode 6 (Part 2) [KOTC Series]

LLDL

Smash Hero
how many brawl players come to this? this is gonna be my first tourney ever since its down the street from me haha
This is the first time they are bringing smash back to the line up in a while. It's looking like a decent amount for Brawl. Come on down and see since it is so close!

Arhungry

Smash Rookie
NNID
Arhungry
Definitely going to this, very close by. Are you posting this on AiB?

LLDL

Smash Hero
That's awesome. I may be adding Melee doubles to this.

LLDL

Smash Hero
Nope. You're welcome to just show up at the venue.

:phone:

joshcorris

Smash Cadet
Env I've never done doubles but I might be down to team. I main Diddy but I could potentially play other characters if you feel they would team better with Fox.

LLDL

Smash Hero
Env I've never done doubles but I might be down to team. I main Diddy but I could potentially play other characters if you feel they would team better with Fox.
Josh I'm pretty sure Env is talking about Melee. I'll team with you in Brawl if you really want to do teams.

I'm looking for a teammate for this! Anyone? I play Mr.McCloud.
Mafia needs a team mate. And Mafia, Env is a solid fox.

And Kite, That's wasssssup.

LLDL

Smash Hero
We should be good on setups, but bring cubes / wiis, throw them in your trunk just in case guys :)

Top Bottom