• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KOS-MOS Returning to Battle: DLC Season 2.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So apparently some article is suggesting the last two FP characters will be revealed around E3 and around the 2021 Tokyo Game Show.
On the one hand I doubt this big time cuz TGS is a region exclusive event, that’s like doing a reveal at Gamescom

on the other hand, it might be a character that has more Japan appeal AND would get a better reception at TGS. I think KOS-MOS may fit that bill and, if the bonus site slot rumor pans out, possibly T-elos as an individual DLC echo of KOS-MOS.

and since it’s confirmed these will be the last two of ultimate, I do want Namco to get recognition for their efforts with one (or two, depending) more reps. Perfect way to end it

in fact new final prediction; Octoling as CP10, KOS-MOS as CP11, T-elos as ID2 (Individual DLC 2, ID1 being Piranha Plant)

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
It sure has been awhile.... but I really wanted to comment on the new art. In fact, the new art depicts KOS-MOS in her Xenosaga form from Episode III specifically so this is incredible since her last appearance was Project X Zone 2. My theory about the Zohar in the 10th anniversary Xenoblade artwork seems to hold a lot more water now especially that Monolith included KOS-MOS alongside the Xenoblade main characters. I've been telling everyone in this thread how hugely important KOS-MOS is to Monolith and Namco and i'm glad to see that has not changed. This artwork might be for Xenoblade 3 considering it is recruiting for 2022 still we might see a very sneak peak at E3 HOPEFULLY. But yes, KOS-MOS is now a official Xenoblade character in my eyes and the theory I had seems to be coming true. It's actually incredible how much KOS-MOS is cared for. First with the anniversary of Monolith art we got new Version 1 art, and now with this recruitment ad for a new game possibly we get her in V4 again. One thing is for certain and it is the fact that KOS-MOS is marketable in whatever form she's in. I used to say KOS-MOS Re would be huge going forward and while she is, Monolith and Namco still seem to care about her Xenosaga form.

And here's where the crazy part comes in. KOS-MOS is alongside the Xenoblade characters in this art. She gets destroyed at the end of Episode III... maybe it is true the planet she landed on was indeed Alrest and that's how she became Re.

As for smash? Who knows honestly. I stopped kinda coming to the thread cause people lost hope but hey she's still incredibly relevant to Monolith and Namco which means she had to be discussed during the fighter pass 2 process. It's possible we will get nothing but Mythra's down taunt as the KOS-MOS homage but it's best to not give up. If Namco and Monolith partnered up for new V4 art it's entirely possible she could be the Namco rep but that's extreme wishful thinking. Lastly, i'd like to address the trademarks of Baiten Kaitos on the last page. Dont get your hopes up especially since Xenosaga received a redtrademark and nothing has come of it yet. It could be that Xenoblade 3 is just Xenosaga Episode IV in all but name though. Whatever it is i'm incredibly excited for E3. We know that Nintendo's presentation is 40 mins long now so I hope they show Xenoblade 3. In fact now would be optimal.

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
Not sure if it was already pointed out but Namco and Nintendo E3 shows are on the same day. I dont want to say that confirms a Namco character but didn't Steve get revealed within a few days of his event? I wonder if there's something there..... Namco seems to be focused on Tales of Arise and Elden Ring mostly with another view at Scarlet Nexus. I dont think they will have any other surprises but I can always dream of a Xenosaga HD collection.

Anyway, i'm just speculating but maybe we will get a Namco character that promotes Namco's presentation afterwards. Who knows

the unholy Grail

Smash Apprentice
Not sure if it was already pointed out but Namco and Nintendo E3 shows are on the same day. I dont want to say that confirms a Namco character but didn't Steve get revealed within a few days of his event? I wonder if there's something there..... Namco seems to be focused on Tales of Arise and Elden Ring mostly with another view at Scarlet Nexus. I dont think they will have any other surprises but I can always dream of a Xenosaga HD collection.

Anyway, i'm just speculating but maybe we will get a Namco character that promotes Namco's presentation afterwards. Who knows
Yep, they're going to share a day for E3. But I wouldn't count on a Namco character happening just because of that. To me that comes off as wishful thinking if anything, but it's not unprecedented. Steve's reveal happened on October 1st, and his moveset presentation aired 2 days later on the same day as Minecon 2020. I'm personally more accepting of literally anyone who isn't a pokemon or Jonesy so consider me hyped.

In other news, PracticalBrush12 has begun leaking games for E3 and it's all real. Just today Nintendo accidentally leaked the Mario+Rabbids sequel on their website themselves and it has the same name as the list claimed to being Mario+Rabbids Sparks of Hope, and the same thing happened with DDLC+.

If this doesn't convince you that Brush is legit I don't know what will...

Considering his clean record and his tendency to leak stuff a day before they get announced, I'm taking this as a massive red flag for anything regarding Nintendo's games and the smash character. If you care about being spoiled, I strongly recommend staying off social media on Monday...

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Yep, they're going to share a day for E3. But I wouldn't count on a Namco character happening just because of that. To me that comes off as wishful thinking if anything, but it's not unprecedented. Steve's reveal happened on October 1st, and his moveset presentation aired 2 days later on the same day as Minecon 2020. I'm personally more accepting of literally anyone who isn't a pokemon or Jonesy so consider me excited.

In other news, PracticalBrush12 has begun leaking games for E3 and it's all real. Just today Nintendo accidentally leaked the Mario+Rabbids sequel on their website themselves and it has the same name as the list claimed to being Mario+Rabbids Sparks of Hope, and the same thing happened with DDLC+. If this doesn't convince you that Brush is legit I don't know what will...

Finally, when he was asked if he has info on Nintendo's presentation, he said not yet but he will have info in 2 days...
Considering his clean record and his tendency to leak stuff a day before they get announced, I'm taking this as a massive red flag for anything regarding Nintendo's games and the smash character and if you care about being spoiled, I strongly recommend staying off social media on Monday...
Whoa whoa whoa

got a source for the 2 days claim?

I also wonder if he’ll leak Square Enix, Capcom and Bandai Namco… and maybe Sega too

the unholy Grail

Smash Apprentice
Whoa whoa whoa

got a source for the 2 days claim?

I also wonder if he’ll leak Square Enix, Capcom and Bandai Namco… and maybe Sega too
Yea-no I don't have a source on that 2 days comment sorry I'm dumb sometimes. I just assumed that if Brush got all this info a day before the event, the same could happen for Nintendo. (That's what I meant to say...) But still this guy is legit, and it's very likely he will update the list as E3 goes on which has a strong chance of containing Nintendo information before the 15th, which, going by Brush's patterns could all potentially leak by Monday. I deleted the sentence from my original post to hopefully prevent further confusion. I still stand by everything else I said in my original post.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Maybe Nintendo and Namco’s presentations being on the same day could also mean something else I’m clamoring for… a specific game

honestly I’ll take either KOS-MOS in Smash or that. But both would be nice

the unholy Grail

Smash Apprentice
Maybe Nintendo and Namco’s presentations being on the same day could also mean something else I’m clamoring for… a specific game

honestly I’ll take either KOS-MOS in Smash or that. But both would be nice
Indeed. Maybe that Baiten Kaitos trademark could mean something considering Monolith is now with Nintendo. This is just wishful thinking but I'm praying by god a Xenosaga trilogy remaster is on switch. A man can dream...

And of course KOS-MOS in smash :)

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
Indeed. Maybe that Baiten Kaitos trademark could mean something considering Monolith is now with Nintendo. This is just wishful thinking but I'm praying by god a Xenosaga trilogy remaster is on switch. A man can dream...

And of course KOS-MOS in smash :)
Last I heard about the Baiten Kaitos trademark on resetera that insider guy that got banned used an eyes emoji in the thread. He was apparently banned because he refused to give his source and not because he had fake info. It just apparently couldn't be verified and staff got tired of his **** or something. We may never know if it is real but I'd be real pissed if we got BK before Xenosaga HD.

Rie Sonomura Rie Sonomura this is the same guy that said Xenoblade X port was planned or wtv. Just wanted you to know he got banned because he refused to give away his source and not cause his sources were **** so there's a chance it is real. I know you asked me on the last page but I kinda forgot to post

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Last I heard about the Baiten Kaitos trademark on resetera that insider guy that got banned used an eyes emoji in the thread. He was apparently banned because he refused to give his source and not because he had fake info. It just apparently couldn't be verified and staff got tired of his **** or something. We may never know if it is real but I'd be real pissed if we got BK before Xenosaga HD.

Rie Sonomura Rie Sonomura this is the same guy that said Xenoblade X port was planned or wtv. Just wanted you to know he got banned because he refused to give away his source and not cause his sources were **** so there's a chance it is real. I know you asked me on the last page but I kinda forgot to post
I hope so

then again Zippo was banned lately too, I think THAT was because his “sources” were ****

Last edited:

Bakabridget

Smash Cadet
NNID
Bakabridget
The smash reveal kinda sucked but one of my most wanted games was "advance wars the orange star trilogy". what they revealed isn;t quite that but it;s close enough so i'm pretty ****ing happy.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
At least PXZ2 can be considered canon to smash now

Ryu, Ken, Chrom, Lucina and now Kazuya are in both games. Woulda preferred KOS-MOS but I’ll take it (technically Fiora and Zero too but I’m referring to playable in both games)

hope she doesn’t get Mii’d so she can survive for next game. Cuz let’s face it, Lloyd is doomed to be a Mii forever. Heihachi too

Last edited:

SilverSoul24

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SilverSoul94
Switch FC
SW-8066-4257-6220
Sad to see that the elusive second Bamco rep isn't KOS-MOS, but at least now we know that they're willing to add characters from a franchise other than Pac Man. Here's hoping she doesn't get Mii'd. I'm a little nervous that her costume was meant to show up with Pyra/Mythra but got shifted around due to the Capcom promotion back in March.

the unholy Grail

Smash Apprentice
I dont know about you guys, but i'm extremely hyped that Kazuya is our Namco rep. The fact that we ended up getting one in the first place is just incredible. Seriously it's been TOO long since Pac-Man. I've always wanted a Tekken character but when I saw Heihachi's mii return I lost hope, so in order to satiate my desire for a fighting game and Namco character I settled with Sol Badguy and KOS-MOS.

Obviously I'm sad that KOS-MOS' chances have effectively dipped to zero now that we have different Monolith and Namco DLC fighters but these were the next best things to happen IMO. I think we can all agree that Lloyd and a tales character isn't happening though. Lloyd is 100% coming back as a mii because I don't see Namco double dipping on another one of their series after we just got one in the form of Tekken.

I think we should all hope for KOS-MOS to be a mii costume since it'll be her only chance of showing up in this game, and it just makes too much sense now. Assuming my theory regarding her mii costume being postponed because of Capcom is true. Only thing that might suck is that since we got a tekken mii costume last game, this might mean KOS-MOS will have to wait a long time until she gets in smash.

For example, let's say she's confirmed as a costume in this game; considering how Tekken had to wait until the next game to get Kazuya, this means we can expect Tales of to get a character next game. Obviously not in this game since Namco prioritized Tekken for Ultimate. And no, I doubt another Xenosaga character will take over for her since KOS-MOS is easily the most popular character in the series and her status as a low key iconic game character.

If this is true, I can only hope Tales and Xenosaga both get proper representation next game, because the wait for KOS-MOS will be unbearably long assuming she's a character later down the line which i'm sure of.

also since Kazuya is both a Namco AND fighting game character, that silly Chun Leak with a Tales character is old news

Last edited:

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
KOS-MOS mii costume is pretty much a lock right now. There's no chance for her as a fighter until the next smash and that's all we can really hope for now. I'll continue to play Pyra and Mythra. And since Mii costumes effectively dont mean ****e now we shouldn't look at KOS-MOS as a mii as doom.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
KOS-MOS mii costume is pretty much a lock right now. There's no chance for her as a fighter until the next smash and that's all we can really hope for now. I'll continue to play Pyra and Mythra. And since Mii costumes effectively dont mean ****e now we shouldn't look at KOS-MOS as a mii as doom.
Well, maybe not for first parties. I do think third party miis will repeat their fate tho

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
My biggest disappointment is that we got no Xenoblade 3 announcement. I guess it literally is a 2022 game if we are going by the new artwork Monolith put up. I dont care one bit about Kazuya but I sure as hell am glad we got a 2nd Namco rep. People on Era and here etc said it wont happen but it did. At least it shows that Namco Bandai got something after working so hard on this game. I'll probably tune into the Kazuya presentation to see if we get a KOS-MOS mii but if she doesnt appear as a mii I will take it as a very bad sign for next smash, imo. She wont be as relevant in speculation

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
My biggest disappointment is that we got no Xenoblade 3 announcement. I guess it literally is a 2022 game if we are going by the new artwork Monolith put up. I dont care one bit about Kazuya but I sure as hell am glad we got a 2nd Namco rep. People on Era and here etc said it wont happen but it did. At least it shows that Namco Bandai got something after working so hard on this game. I'll probably tune into the Kazuya presentation to see if we get a KOS-MOS mii but if she doesnt appear as a mii I will take it as a very bad sign for next smash, imo. She wont be as relevant in speculation
Maybe we’ll get a Shion or Jr. or MOMO Mii instead? Or chaos.?

Luty

Smash Cadet
After Mythra/Pyra, I did not expect to get KOS-MOS. I have been waiting for a Namco representative, and I am very happy it is from Tekken! I have played all of the Tekken games, save Tekken 4. Kazuya is not my type of character, but I will take it considering he is more iconic than say Xiaoyu, Lars or Alisa. I am overall very happy with Kazuya. It took too long for a Tekkn character to come to Smash, let a Bandai Namco character. ^_^

The Lightning Python

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3196-3471-4788
I dont know about you guys, but i'm extremely hyped that Kazuya is our Namco rep. The fact that we ended up getting one in the first place is just incredible. Seriously it's been TOO long since Pac-Man. I've always wanted a Tekken character but when I saw Heihachi's mii return I lost hope, so in order to satiate my desire for a fighting game and Namco character I settled with Sol Badguy and KOS-MOS.

Obviously I'm sad that KOS-MOS' chances have effectively dipped to zero now that we have different Monolith and Namco DLC fighters but these were the next best things to happen IMO. I think we can all agree that Lloyd and a tales character isn't happening though. Lloyd is 100% coming back as a mii because I don't see Namco double dipping on another one of their series after we just got one in the form of Tekken.

I think we should all hope for KOS-MOS to be a mii costume since it'll be her only chance of showing up in this game, and it just makes too much sense now. Assuming my theory regarding her mii costume being postponed because of Capcom is true. Only thing that might suck is that since we got a tekken mii costume last game, this might mean KOS-MOS will have to wait a long time until she gets in smash.

For example, let's say she's confirmed as a costume in this game; considering how Tekken had to wait until the next game to get Kazuya, this means we can expect Tales of to get a character next game. Obviously not in this game since Namco prioritized Tekken for Ultimate. And no, I doubt another Xenosaga character will take over for her since KOS-MOS is easily the most popular character in the series and her status as a low key iconic game character.

If this is true, I can only hope Tales and Xenosaga both get proper representation next game, because the wait for KOS-MOS will be unbearably long assuming she's a character later down the line which i'm sure of.

also since Kazuya is both a Namco AND fighting game character, that silly Chun Leak with a Tales character is old news
I have the same feeling as you. I wanted KOS-MOS but I'm actually okay Kazuya joining the roster. I was pretty much a fan of Tekken ever since growing up and still am, and Kazuya was one of my mains in the series. I laughed so much when I saw him chucked characters to a volcano in the trailer. XD

I still hope Xenosaga gets the recognition it so deserves in the future, even if it's for a long while.

airConditioner

Smash Ace
I'm pretty happy about Kazuya getting in Smash. Pretty cool guy, friends with Shion.

As an attempt to keep myself busy I've made a moveset for KOS-MOS that focuses around the event slot system. I think it would be a cool gimmick to have in battle, as a sort of passive Monado Arts you-kinda-don't-have-to-think-about-but-also-kinda-do. I tried to keep it accessible to both casual and competitive players and because this is the first full moveset I've created (though without the damage and stats and stuff), I'm open to criticism. Maybe she's too overpowered?

Google Docs version if you don't want to read through this enormous wall of text on Smashboards.

KOS-MOS Returns to Battle!

First Appearance: Xenosaga Episode I: Der Wille zur Macht (2002)

Latest Appearance: Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (2017)

Contains minor spoilers for Xenosaga Episode III: Also sprach Zarathustra.

Introduction to KOS-MOS

KOS-MOS hails from the Xenosaga franchise, Monolith Soft’s first project after being created as a subsidiary of Namco. The series is part of the larger Xeno metaseries, consisting of Xenogears, Xenosaga, and Xenoblade Chronicles. The three series are tied together via themes and imagery, however, are completely separate stories and universes. As a result of the growing popularity of the Xenoblade Chronicles series, Monolith Soft has become an increasingly important development partner for Nintendo. As such, it is natural for Nintendo to honor this connection to Monolith Soft by adding another character in Smash. KOS-MOS effectively serves as the mascot of the company, even more so than already represented characters Shulk and Pyra/Mythra. Additionally, the former parent company of Monolith Soft, Bandai-Namco, develops Smash Bros. yet only has one character two characters. KOS-MOS is an extremely important character to Bandai-Namco’s history, appearing in many of the company’s crossovers to the point of being known as their “crossover queen.” All in all, KOS-MOS’s legacy in both of these important Nintendo partners warrants her inclusion in Smash Bros.

In Xenosaga, KOS-MOS is built as a battle android to combat an extra-dimensional alien threat. As one of the main protagonists, she along with her party search for the cause of the initial appearance of this alien threat (the Gnosis). Through encounters with many other groups, such as the religious Ormus and the ambitious Salvator Faction, the party reaches a point in which the intent of the main antagonist is clear. KOS-MOS’s development and relationship to her creator Shion Uzuki are revealed to be key parts to the underlying conspiracy of the Gnosis phenomenon. As a result, KOS-MOS is not only the mascot of the Xenosaga franchise but also one of, if not the most important character in the series.

Stats
KOS-MOS stands at 167cm (5 feet 6 inches) in Xenosaga, thus putting her at around the same height as Zelda, Zero Suit Samus, and Palutena. Her weight as KOS-MOS version 4 is 79kg, making her a heavyweight with a weight value of 108 (Terry). However, given her speed in her home series, she will be faster than most heavyweights, with a speed value of 1.15 (Samus). Her air speed is even faster at 1.208 (Mario). Her speed and weight will make her a little hard to launch. She will have the standard 2 jumps along with a wall jump. She will not be able to crawl.

Gimmick: Event Slot & Boost
Xenosaga’s battle system features several distinct elements that the player must focus on in order to optimize their strategy. The first, making an appearance in Xenosaga Episode I and Xenosaga Episode II, is the event slot. During battle, each turn will be marked with an event in the lower right hand corner which can affect what moves the player makes. For example, on a turn marked with a critical event, the player might move to go on the offensive. This also applies to enemies: if the player notices that an enemy will make their move on a turn with the critical event, they might defend instead to prevent major damage. These event slots rotate out in a set sequence, giving the player a chance to optimize their strategy. Introduced in Xenosaga Episode II is the random event slot, which selects a random event to play during that turn.

This event slot system is complemented with the boost system, a mechanic featured in all three Xenosaga games. As the player attacks the enemy, their boost gauge will fill up, with a maximum of three charges at any given time (though the player can increase this number with equipment.) These boost charges allow the player to take extra turns. So long as the character the player wants to boost does not have an upcoming action, the player is able to boost them, allowing them to take an action directly after. This can repeat indefinitely until the player runs out of boosts. This mechanic also holds true for enemies, thus, both boost gauges must be watched closely to properly manipulate the battle in the player’s favor.
In Smash, these event slots will follow the same formula. Each event will cycle out after around 5 seconds, giving KOS-MOS ample time to use them to her advantage (or her opponent to use them to her detriment.) Like Shulk’s Monado Arts, each of these slots provide a boost to KOS-MOS’s stats, tying a connection to Xenosaga and Xenoblade Chronicles. Unlike Monado Arts, however, KOS-MOS does not need to do anything to activate these buffs. They will follow a set order - Attack Up, Special Up, Defense Up, Arms Up, and a random slot that can be any of High Critical, Accelerated Boost, No Effect, and Reverse Boost. Each of these will augment KOS-MOS’s stats in some way, though they will not lower her other stats. To balance this, these buffs do not augment KOS-MOS’s attacks as much as Shulk’s would.

During a match, KOS-MOS will also have access to the Boost system to supplement the event slots. Every time she deals damage (not take damage), her boost gauge will fill up, holding a maximum of three boosts. The number of boosts, the gauge, and the active event slot are all displayed in KOS-MOS’s damage indicator. By pressing the shield button in tandem with the special button, a boost is used up and goes into effect. This boost will skip to the next event slot, so if the player needs to skip ahead to the next slot for any reason, this will provide them the opportunity to have some control over the mechanic. In addition to skipping to the next event slot, boosting will also enhance the next effect slightly though also making KOS-MOS slightly more susceptible to knockback. Thus, these two mechanics are meant to emulate KOS-MOS’s calculating nature as well as the gameplay of Xenosaga.

The following table lists the event slots in the order they appear, as well as their effect.
Event Slot & NameEffect

Attack Up​
Increases the strength and knockback of KOS-MOS’s regular attacks, such as jabs, tilts, smash attacks, aerials, and getup attacks.​
Special Up​
Increases the strength and knockback of KOS-MOS’s special attacks, as well as slightly improving her up-special’s recovery distance.​

Defense Up​
Increases the strength of KOS-MOS’s shield, decreases damage taken, and decreases knockback taken. If boosted, the knockback decrease is cancelled out and KOS-MOS becomes easier to launch.​

Arms Up​
Increases the strength of KOS-MOS’s grabs, throws, and pummels. Also increases the strength of items used - increases damage dealt by items, increases healing done, etc.​
High-Critical​
KOS-MOS gains the ability to have a 1 in 8 chance to land a critical hit on her smash attacks. Chance increases to 1 in 5 when boosted.

One of the events that can appear on the random slot. Has a 15% chance to be in the random slot.​

Accelerated Boost​

KOS-MOS’s boost gauge fills at a faster rate.

One of the events that can appear on the random slot. Has a 20% chance to be in the random slot.​

None​
No effect.

One of the events that can appear on the random slot. Has a 50% chance to be in the random slot.​

Reverse Boost​
The opponent gains increased attack, defense, and knockback strength for the duration of the event.

One of the events that can appear on the random slot. Has a 15% chance to be in the random slot.​

Playstyle: Working with the Circumstances
Many of the guest characters in Smash Bros. are extremely faithful to their origins, having gimmicks or gameplay designed to mimic the experience of actually playing their home games. KOS-MOS will mimic both her character and the battle style of Xenosaga. As an android designed to combat the Gnosis phenomenon, KOS-MOS is calculating and will take all opportunities required to achieve her goals, regardless of what her creator tells her what to do. In order to mimic this part of KOS-MOS’s personality as well as the strategy of the Xenosaga battle system, her moveset will focus around adept control over the options she has as well as making use of the event slot. Depending on where KOS-MOS is in the state of the battle, the player must make an informed choice on which moves to use, whether to boost, and which event slot would provide the most benefits. These calculated risks and maneuvers make KOS-MOS a character that allows the player to strategize much more than they would with any other character. As such, her gameplay would allow for both casual and competitive players alike to be satisfied when their plan works out.

Moveset Inspiration
KOS-MOS’s moveset will draw inspiration from each of her appearances in the Xenosaga series. Many of her more powerful attacks will draw from tech and special attacks. She will also borrow a few moves from her party members - something that has been done in many of her crossover appearances. This has precedence in the base game of Xenosaga Episode I, where players can transfer attacks between characters for a small cost. Her attacks will use a variety of weapons, including but not limited to: guns (of various types), blades, scythes, bombs, and hammers, as well as her own strength.

Normal Attacks
AttackNameDescription
Neutral AttackPunch, Sword, R-BLADEKOS-MOS punches the opponent and follows with a swing of her arm, transformed into a blade. It is finished with KOS-MOS slashing downwards with an even larger blade.
Rapid JabNeedleIf Punch is followed with mashing of the attack button, then KOS-MOS will instead jump into the opponent and drill her feet into the opponent, which deals damage as long as she mashes. If the button is pressed again, she gets down and finishes with R-BLADE.
Forward TiltW-FANGKOS-MOS uses her arm (again transformed into a blade) to swipe downwards, then upwards. Does decent damage against shields, as a reference to its usage as an attack used to break opponents.
Down TiltK-AXEA quick roundhouse kick. Good for poking shields.
Up TiltD-S-SAULTDoes two kicks upwards in a series of backflips. Borrowed from Namco × Capcom.
Dash AttackR-DRILLKOS-MOS transforms her arm into a drill and dashes forward. Does not do knockback, but drags opponents across the stage with her.
Forward SmashF-G-SHOTKOS-MOS summons two large gatling guns from the U.M.N. and fires. Similar to Mii Gunner’s smash attack, with a taller spread of bullets.
Up SmashR-DRAGONKOS-MOS transforms her arm into a mechanical dragon’s head. The arm first bites anyone above KOS-MOS. She then fires the head off like a projectile, where it will explode in the air.
Down SmashMicro MissilesKOS-MOS summons an array of small crystalline objects that orbit around her, continuously dealing damage. The crystals trap opponents who get hit by them. As the crystals finish their revolution, they fly outwards, dealing minor damage to those who get hit by them. Deals heavy knockback when the crystals stop their main revolution around KOS-MOS.
Neutral AerialStorm WaltzKOS-MOS grabs a pistol with both hands and fires forwards and backwards. As she fires, the bullets will ricochet against several coins and create larger hitboxes though with shorter range than you would expect pistols to fire at. If the button is held, the attack lasts for longer, though it diminishes in power. Borrowed from Jr.'s tech and special attacks throughout the Xenosaga series.
Forward AerialF-SCYTHEKOS-MOS summons her scythe, which she swings downwards in front of her. If the attack does not connect, it instead fires a projectile similar to Cloud’s Blade Beam.
Back AerialF-M-SHOTKOS-MOS launches a series of missiles from her back. Very short range.
Up AerialR-HAMMERKOS-MOS transforms her arm into a hammer and swings it above her. Quite powerful, though slow.
Down AerialExecutionerKOS-MOS summons a giant axe blade that drops down. Similar to Steve’s Anvil, though it cannot be stood on. Its size is reduced from its original appearance as Ziggy’s tech attack in Xenosaga Episode I. Can meteor smash.

Grabs, Throws, and Get-Up Attacks
AttackNameDescription
Grab-KOS-MOS grabs her opponent with her hand. She just does it! Based on her grabbing people in cutscenes.
Pummel-KOS-MOS knees the opponent.
Forward ThrowR-CANNONKOS-MOS throws the opponent in front of her, and then fires a large blast of energy from her arm (transformed into a cannon).
Back ThrowComplete R-DRILLKOS-MOS uses R-DRILL again, though a more complete version. She jabs the opponent three times in a triangle formation, and then thrusts the drill into her opponent, this time dealing more knockback.
Up ThrowA-BURSTKOS-MOS throws the opponent a short distance above her and fires an explosive blast from her arm (transformed into a cannon).
Down ThrowFallen EagleKOS-MOS grabs the opponent and flips them onto the ground. She then stabs them with R-BLADE, which bounces the opponent up slightly. Borrowed from Shion’s tech attack in Xenosaga Episode III.
Ledge AttackPistolKOS-MOS climbs up and fires her pistol in a downward angle.
Floor AttackSwordKOS-MOS swings her arm blade in a circular motion while getting up.

Special Attacks
AttackNameDescription
Neutral SpecialR-CANNONKOS-MOS charges her arm cannon and fires an energy blast. Tapping the special button lets KOS-MOS fire a smaller, weaker projectile that moves a little faster. Otherwise, the blast moves at a speed slightly slower than Samus’s Charge Shot, regardless of its size.
Side SpecialD-TOOTHKOS-MOS readies her Dragon Blade, which then fires a small projectile in front of her. She then slashes upwards, then downwards, and upwards again after having caught the opponent with the projectile. The final slash causes a small burst of energy to travel along the ground for a short distance (around a third of Terry’s Power Wave).
Up SpecialVALKYRIEOn the ground, KOS-MOS slashes twice, then jumps and slashes upwards, carrying the opponent up with her. She then fires an explosive shot from her arm, knocking the opponent down if it connects with the sweet spot. In the air, the initial two slashes are not performed. The move puts KOS-MOS in special fall.
Down SpecialHilbert EffectKOS-MOS charges an energy field that stuns any opponents caught in it. The range is approximately the size of Ness’s PSI Magnet. The stun lasts for around a second. The move costs a boost charge to use (the effects of boost won’t be applied).
Shield SpecialBoostAt the cost of a boost charge, KOS-MOS skips ahead in the event slots. A successful boost is indicated by KOS-MOS briefly glowing and the boost gauge decreasing by one. The event slot that is chosen has its effects multiplied, at the cost of also lowering KOS-MOS’s knockback resistance and defense.

Final Smash
To fit with KOS-MOS’s theme of strategizing, she will have two final smashes. These will work similarly to Ryu’s where there is a different final smash for close range and long range. There will also be different voice lines, which are a cosmetic difference. When activated, KOS-MOS has a chance of either having red eyes or blue eyes. Depending on her eye color at the moment, her voice line will change.

AttackNameDescription
Final Smash

(Far)​
X-BUSTERKOS-MOS will keel over and get into formation to use X-BUSTER. Her stomach will open up and fire a large beam that functions similarly to other final smashes of the same variety. It can be angled.

If her eyes are red: “Dispersal Mode activated.”
If her eyes are blue: “I will not miss.”
Final Smash

(Near)​
D-TENERITASKOS-MOS will do a quick slash with her blade and the opponent will be transported into a cutscene. KOS-MOS’s outfit will then rearrange itself into a phase transfer cannon (shirt ripping omitted for censorship purposes). She then fires a large blue ball of energy that traps the opponent, then throws a dagger into the ball, causing it to explode violently and launch the opponent.

If her eyes are red: “Phase transfer cannon, standby.”
If her eyes are blue: “Unleash your pain unto me.”

Miscellaneous Details
AnimationDescriptionVoice Line
On-Screen AppearanceKOS-MOS awakens from her pod, which turns into the Dinah Mobile Interface and drives away.“Target locked on. Commencing combat mode.”
Up TauntKOS-MOS poses with her pistol, mimicking the box art of Xenosaga Episode I.n/a
Side TauntKOS-MOS equips her Tertiary Weapons System, and then puts them away.“All systems functioning normally.”
Down TauntKOS-MOS uncharacteristically does a part of the tango. A reference to the Grande Ronde double tech.“Ready for battle.”
Idle StanceKOS-MOS assumes her battle stance as it appears in the Xenosaga series.n/a
Idle Pose 1KOS-MOS transforms her arm into a blade and inspects it.n/a
Idle Pose 2KOS-MOS looks around her, mimicking the pose she makes in the Monolith Soft hiring poster.n/a
Crowd Cheer“K-O-S! M-O-S! KOS-MOS!”n/a
Victory Pose 1KOS-MOS’s victory animation from Xenosaga Episode I. She steps forward and looks behind her both ways.If her eyes are red: “All systems, clear.”
If her eyes are blue: “Will feeling pain… make me complete?”
Victory Pose 2KOS-MOS floats down from the sky and assumes a victory pose with her G-SHOT guns.If her eyes are red: “My external appearance is down 5%. Shion, I need to be cleaned.”
If her eyes are blue: “There’s no need to be concerned.”
Victory Pose 3KOS-MOS drives in on the Dinah Mobile Interface and makes a pose. Based on a cutscene in Xenosaga Episode III.If her eyes are red: “The enemies have been exterminated.”
If her eyes are blue: “Is everyone OK?”
Boxing Ring Title"The Princess of First Division"n/a

Last edited:

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
Yeah, I do remember this but it always confused me on how Shion and Kazuya met or can ever become friends. I dont think this will be referenced in Kazuya's pack sadly.

If we don't get KOS-MOS as a mii costume in the Kazuya pack I guess I wont really care about smash speculation anymore in all honesty. I would love if the last character is Champion Zelda since in the direct they didn't really show much of her in BOTW2 so I think they might use her for a big BOTW 2 reveal. Plus, I think her moveset is extremely unique if Age of Calamity is anything to go by. Sakurai says she is not a fighter but Sakurai says a lot of things and namely that Ridley is too big, couldn't add Heihachi because his moveset was too hard to adapt (lol, hi Kazuya), and tons of other things. However, it's worth noting that figurine theory held strong for Kazuya

Overall, I do think the addition of Kazuya is a little boring since we have Ryu, Terry, Ken already and I think adding more fighting game characters for the sake of having more crossover potential is a little boring but i'm impressed with the way they addapted his gameplay but the trailer didn't really make me go wow or anything. Hopefully the presentation helps me like it more but it wouldn't have been my pick out of the Namco characters but it is what it is. There are no rules going forward and there never were any rules. We've been lead to believe Tekken was dead because of mii costumes when it was not. So my last wish is to get a KOS-MOS mii costume (preferably deluxe with a song) but I kinda feel deluxe costumes died out long ago.

and being a Xenosaga fan is eternal suffering but hey at least BK remasters might actually be happening? That insider guy redeemed I guess

I'm pretty happy about Kazuya getting in Smash. Pretty cool guy, friends with Shion.

As an attempt to keep myself busy I've made a moveset for KOS-MOS that focuses around the event slot system. I think it would be a cool gimmick to have in battle, as a sort of passive Monado Arts you-kinda-don't-have-to-think-about-but-also-kinda-do. I tried to keep it accessible to both casual and competitive players and because this is the first full moveset I've created (though without the damage and stats and stuff), I'm open to criticism. Maybe she's too overpowered?

Google Docs version if you don't want to read through this enormous wall of text on Smashboards.

Introduction to KOS-MOS

KOS-MOS hails from the Xenosaga franchise, Monolith Soft’s first project after being created as a subsidiary of Namco. The series is part of the larger Xeno metaseries, consisting of Xenogears, Xenosaga, and Xenoblade Chronicles. The three series are tied together via themes and imagery, however, are completely separate stories and universes. As a result of the growing popularity of the Xenoblade Chronicles series, Monolith Soft has become an increasingly important development partner for Nintendo. As such, it is natural for Nintendo to honor this connection to Monolith Soft by adding another character in Smash. KOS-MOS effectively serves as the mascot of the company, even more so than already represented characters Shulk and Pyra/Mythra. Additionally, the former parent company of Monolith Soft, Bandai-Namco, develops Smash Bros. yet only has one character two characters. KOS-MOS is an extremely important character to Bandai-Namco’s history, appearing in many of the company’s crossovers to the point of being known as their “crossover queen.” All in all, KOS-MOS’s legacy in both of these important Nintendo partners warrants her inclusion in Smash Bros.

In Xenosaga, KOS-MOS is built as a battle android to combat an extra-dimensional alien threat. As one of the main protagonists, she along with her party search for the cause of the initial appearance of this alien threat (the Gnosis). Through encounters with many other groups, such as the religious Ormus and the ambitious Salvator Faction, the party reaches a point in which the intent of the main antagonist is clear. KOS-MOS’s development and relationship to her creator Shion Uzuki are revealed to be key parts to the underlying conspiracy of the Gnosis phenomenon. As a result, KOS-MOS is not only the mascot of the Xenosaga franchise but also one of, if not the most important character in the series.

Stats
KOS-MOS stands at 167cm (5 feet 6 inches) in Xenosaga, thus putting her at around the same height as Zelda, Zero Suit Samus, and Palutena. Her weight as KOS-MOS version 4 is 79kg, making her a heavyweight with a weight value of 108 (Terry). However, given her speed in her home series, she will be faster than most heavyweights, with a speed value of 1.15 (Samus). Her air speed is even faster at 1.208 (Mario). Her speed and weight will make her a little hard to launch. She will have the standard 2 jumps along with a wall jump. She will not be able to crawl.

Xenosaga’s battle system features several distinct elements that the player must focus on in order to optimize their strategy. The first, making an appearance in Xenosaga Episode I and Xenosaga Episode II, is the event slot. During battle, each turn will be marked with an event in the lower right hand corner which can affect what moves the player makes. For example, on a turn marked with a critical event, the player might move to go on the offensive. This also applies to enemies: if the player notices that an enemy will make their move on a turn with the critical event, they might defend instead to prevent major damage. These event slots rotate out in a set sequence, giving the player a chance to optimize their strategy. Introduced in Xenosaga Episode II is the random event slot, which selects a random event to play during that turn.

This event slot system is complemented with the boost system, a mechanic featured in all three Xenosaga games. As the player attacks the enemy, their boost gauge will fill up, with a maximum of three charges at any given time (though the player can increase this number with equipment.) These boost charges allow the player to take extra turns. So long as the character the player wants to boost does not have an upcoming action, the player is able to boost them, allowing them to take an action directly after. This can repeat indefinitely until the player runs out of boosts. This mechanic also holds true for enemies, thus, both boost gauges must be watched closely to properly manipulate the battle in the player’s favor.
In Smash, these event slots will follow the same formula. Each event will cycle out after around 5 seconds, giving KOS-MOS ample time to use them to her advantage (or her opponent to use them to her detriment.) Like Shulk’s Monado Arts, each of these slots provide a boost to KOS-MOS’s stats, tying a connection to Xenosaga and Xenoblade Chronicles. Unlike Monado Arts, however, KOS-MOS does not need to do anything to activate these buffs. They will follow a set order - Attack Up, Special Up, Defense Up, Arms Up, and a random slot that can be any of High Critical, Accelerated Boost, No Effect, and Reverse Boost. Each of these will augment KOS-MOS’s stats in some way, though they will not lower her other stats. To balance this, these buffs do not augment KOS-MOS’s attacks as much as Shulk’s would.

During a match, KOS-MOS will also have access to the Boost system to supplement the event slots. Every time she deals damage (not take damage), her boost gauge will fill up, holding a maximum of three boosts. The number of boosts, the gauge, and the active event slot are all displayed in KOS-MOS’s damage indicator. By pressing the shield button in tandem with the special button, a boost is used up and goes into effect. This boost will skip to the next event slot, so if the player needs to skip ahead to the next slot for any reason, this will provide them the opportunity to have some control over the mechanic. In addition to skipping to the next event slot, boosting will also enhance the next effect slightly though also making KOS-MOS slightly more susceptible to knockback. Thus, these two mechanics are meant to emulate KOS-MOS’s calculating nature as well as the gameplay of Xenosaga.

The following table lists the event slots in the order they appear, as well as their effect.
Event Slot & NameEffect

Attack Up​
Increases the strength and knockback of KOS-MOS’s regular attacks, such as jabs, tilts, smash attacks, aerials, and getup attacks.​
Special Up​
Increases the strength and knockback of KOS-MOS’s special attacks, as well as slightly improving her up-special’s recovery distance.​

Defense Up​
Increases the strength of KOS-MOS’s shield, decreases damage taken, and decreases knockback taken. If boosted, the knockback decrease is cancelled out and KOS-MOS becomes easier to launch.​

Arms Up​
Increases the strength of KOS-MOS’s grabs, throws, and pummels. Also increases the strength of items used - increases damage dealt by items, increases healing done, etc.​
High-Critical​
KOS-MOS gains the ability to have a 1 in 8 chance to land a critical hit on her smash attacks. Chance increases to 1 in 5 when boosted.

Accelerated Boost​

One of the events that can appear on the random slot. Has a 20% chance to be in the random slot.​

None​
No effect.

One of the events that can appear on the random slot. Has a 50% chance to be in the random slot.​

Reverse Boost​
The opponent gains increased attack, defense, and knockback strength for the duration of the event.

Many of the guest characters in Smash Bros. are extremely faithful to their origins, having gimmicks or gameplay designed to mimic the experience of actually playing their home games. KOS-MOS will mimic both her character and the battle style of Xenosaga. As an android designed to combat the Gnosis phenomenon, KOS-MOS is calculating and will take all opportunities required to achieve her goals, regardless of what her creator tells her what to do. In order to mimic this part of KOS-MOS’s personality as well as the strategy of the Xenosaga battle system, her moveset will focus around adept control over the options she has as well as making use of the event slot. Depending on where KOS-MOS is in the state of the battle, the player must make an informed choice on which moves to use, whether to boost, and which event slot would provide the most benefits. These calculated risks and maneuvers make KOS-MOS a character that allows the player to strategize much more than they would with any other character. As such, her gameplay would allow for both casual and competitive players alike to be satisfied when their plan works out.

Moveset Inspiration
KOS-MOS’s moveset will draw inspiration from each of her appearances in the Xenosaga series. Many of her more powerful attacks will draw from tech and special attacks. She will also borrow a few moves from her party members - something that has been done in many of her crossover appearances. This has precedence in the base game of Xenosaga Episode I, where players can transfer attacks between characters for a small cost. Her attacks will use a variety of weapons, including but not limited to: guns (of various types), blades, scythes, bombs, and hammers, as well as her own strength.

Normal Attacks
AttackNameDescription
Neutral AttackPunch, Sword, R-BLADEKOS-MOS punches the opponent and follows with a swing of her arm, transformed into a blade. It is finished with KOS-MOS slashing downwards with an even larger blade.
Rapid JabNeedleIf Punch is followed with mashing of the attack button, then KOS-MOS will instead jump into the opponent and drill her feet into the opponent, which deals damage as long as she mashes. If the button is pressed again, she gets down and finishes with R-BLADE.
Forward TiltW-FANGKOS-MOS uses her arm (again transformed into a blade) to swipe downwards, then upwards. Does decent damage against shields, as a reference to its usage as an attack used to break opponents.
Up TiltD-S-SAULTDoes two kicks upwards in a series of backflips. Borrowed from Namco × Capcom.
Dash AttackR-DRILLKOS-MOS transforms her arm into a drill and dashes forward. Does not do knockback, but drags opponents across the stage with her.
Forward SmashF-G-SHOTKOS-MOS summons two large gatling guns from the U.M.N. and fires. Similar to Mii Gunner’s smash attack, with a taller spread of bullets.
Up SmashR-DRAGONKOS-MOS transforms her arm into a mechanical dragon’s head. The arm first bites anyone above KOS-MOS. She then fires the head off like a projectile, where it will explode in the air.
Down SmashMicro MissilesKOS-MOS summons an array of small crystalline objects that orbit around her, continuously dealing damage. The crystals trap opponents who get hit by them. As the crystals finish their revolution, they fly outwards, dealing minor damage to those who get hit by them. Deals heavy knockback when the crystals stop their main revolution around KOS-MOS.
Neutral AerialStorm WaltzKOS-MOS grabs a pistol with both hands and fires forwards and backwards. As she fires, the bullets will ricochet against several coins and create larger hitboxes though with shorter range than you would expect pistols to fire at. If the button is held, the attack lasts for longer, though it diminishes in power. Borrowed from Jr.'s tech and special attacks throughout the Xenosaga series.
Forward AerialF-SCYTHEKOS-MOS summons her scythe, which she swings downwards in front of her. If the attack does not connect, it instead fires a projectile similar to Cloud’s Blade Beam.
Back AerialF-M-SHOTKOS-MOS launches a series of missiles from her back. Very short range.
Up AerialR-HAMMERKOS-MOS transforms her arm into a hammer and swings it above her. Quite powerful, though slow.
Down AerialExecutionerKOS-MOS summons a giant axe blade that drops down. Similar to Steve’s Anvil, though it cannot be stood on. Its size is reduced from its original appearance as Ziggy’s tech attack in Xenosaga Episode I. Can meteor smash.

AttackNameDescription
Grab-KOS-MOS grabs her opponent with her hand. She just does it! Based on her grabbing people in cutscenes.
Forward ThrowR-CANNONKOS-MOS throws the opponent in front of her, and then fires a large blast of energy from her arm (transformed into a cannon).
Back ThrowComplete R-DRILLKOS-MOS uses R-DRILL again, though a more complete version. She jabs the opponent three times in a triangle formation, and then thrusts the drill into her opponent, this time dealing more knockback.
Up ThrowA-BURSTKOS-MOS throws the opponent a short distance above her and fires an explosive blast from her arm (transformed into a cannon).
Down ThrowFallen EagleKOS-MOS grabs the opponent and flips them onto the ground. She then stabs them with R-BLADE, which bounces the opponent up slightly. Borrowed from Shion’s tech attack in Xenosaga Episode III.
Floor AttackSwordKOS-MOS swings her arm blade in a circular motion while getting up.

Special Attacks
AttackNameDescription
Neutral SpecialR-CANNONKOS-MOS charges her arm cannon and fires an energy blast. Tapping the special button lets KOS-MOS fire a smaller, weaker projectile that moves a little faster. Otherwise, the blast moves at a speed slightly slower than Samus’s Charge Shot, regardless of its size.
Side SpecialD-TOOTHKOS-MOS readies her Dragon Blade, which then fires a small projectile in front of her. She then slashes upwards, then downwards, and upwards again after having caught the opponent with the projectile. The final slash causes a small burst of energy to travel along the ground for a short distance (around a third of Terry’s Power Wave).
Up SpecialVALKYRIEOn the ground, KOS-MOS slashes twice, then jumps and slashes upwards, carrying the opponent up with her. She then fires an explosive shot from her arm, knocking the opponent down if it connects with the sweet spot. In the air, the initial two slashes are not performed. The move puts KOS-MOS in special fall.
Down SpecialHilbert EffectKOS-MOS charges an energy field that stuns any opponents caught in it. The range is approximately the size of Ness’s PSI Magnet. The stun lasts for around a second. The move costs a boost charge to use (the effects of boost won’t be applied).
Shield SpecialBoostAt the cost of a boost charge, KOS-MOS skips ahead in the event slots. A successful boost is indicated by KOS-MOS briefly glowing and the boost gauge decreasing by one. The event slot that is chosen has its effects multiplied, at the cost of also lowering KOS-MOS’s knockback resistance and defense.

Final Smash
To fit with KOS-MOS’s theme of strategizing, she will have two final smashes. These will work similarly to Ryu’s where there is a different final smash for close range and long range. There will also be different voice lines, which are a cosmetic difference. When activated, KOS-MOS has a chance of either having red eyes or blue eyes. Depending on her eye color at the moment, her voice line will change.

AttackNameDescription
Final Smash

(Far)​
X-BUSTERKOS-MOS will keel over and get into formation to use X-BUSTER. Her stomach will open up and fire a large beam that functions similarly to other final smashes of the same variety. It can be angled.

Final Smash

(Near)​
D-TENERITASKOS-MOS will do a quick slash with her blade and the opponent will be transported into a cutscene. KOS-MOS’s outfit will then rearrange itself into a phase transfer cannon (shirt ripping omitted for censorship purposes). She then fires a large blue ball of energy that traps the opponent, then throws a dagger into the ball, causing it to explode violently and launch the opponent.

Miscellaneous Details
On-Screen AppearanceKOS-MOS awakens from her pod, which turns into the Dinah Mobile Interface and drives away.“Target locked on. Commencing combat mode.”
Up TauntKOS-MOS poses with her pistol, mimicking the box art of Xenosaga Episode I.n/a
Side TauntKOS-MOS equips her Tertiary Weapons System, and then puts them away.“All systems functioning normally.”
Down TauntKOS-MOS uncharacteristically does a part of the tango. A reference to the Grande Ronde double tech.“Ready for battle.”
Idle StanceKOS-MOS assumes her battle stance as it appears in the Xenosaga series.n/a
Idle Pose 2KOS-MOS looks around her, mimicking the pose she makes in the Monolith Soft hiring poster.n/a
Victory Pose 1KOS-MOS’s victory animation from Xenosaga Episode I. She steps forward and looks behind her both ways.If her eyes are red: “All systems, clear.”
Victory Pose 2KOS-MOS floats down from the sky and assumes a victory pose with her G-SHOT guns.If her eyes are red: “My external appearance is down 5%. Shion, I need to be cleaned.”
Victory Pose 3KOS-MOS drives in on the Dinah Mobile Interface and makes a pose. Based on a cutscene in Xenosaga Episode III.If her eyes are red: “The enemies have been exterminated.”
Wow, this has to be the most detailed moveset I have ever seen for KOS-MOS. I love it even though we may not be getting her it brightens my day just to think there are other Xenosaga fans out there that want her in smash. Thank you so much for sharing this! This is a very unique way to see her play and it's tons better than the movesets i've seen around. Very detailed work! KOS-MOS is very overpowered yeah but that's why I want her in smash so we can see a showcase of various playstyles. She can do anything and I think that would bring some nice variety to smash. Even if she's not getting in Ultimate I do hope that she can get in next smash. Perhaps Xenoblade 3 is a stealth Xenosaga IV and that's why we got that artwork! Nice Zohar art btw and KOS-MOS icons!

Hopefully the Kazuya presentation can give us a KOS-MOS mii! All I need for her is to be in the spotlight somehow.

FightingGhost73

Smash Cadet

Introduction to KOS-MOS

Stats

Event Slot & NameEffect

Attack Up​
Special Up​

Defense Up​

Arms Up​
High-Critical​

Accelerated Boost​

None​
No effect.

Reverse Boost​

Moveset Inspiration

Normal Attacks
AttackNameDescription

AttackNameDescription

Special Attacks
AttackNameDescription

Final Smash

AttackNameDescription
Final Smash

(Far)​

Final Smash

(Near)​

Miscellaneous Details
That moveset is awesome, tho I would think she'd be more of a "Rekka" archetype, seeing as she could use the boost gauge or the Ap bar from the 1st game

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
That moveset is awesome, tho I would think she'd be more of a "Rekka" archetype, seeing as she could use the boost gauge or the Ap bar from the 1st game
What’s a “Rekka” archetype? Feel like I may have asked this question once in the past but I don’t remember

FightingGhost73

Smash Cadet
What’s a “Rekka” archetype? Feel like I may have asked this question once in the past but I don’t remember
According to the Fighting game glossary
A type of special move that allows for multiple stages with successive inputs. Rekkas tend to have exactly three distinct parts and will move your character forward along the ground with each new input. Usually the first part is safe on block, and you'll only continue into the later parts as a hit confirm, although some games will tinker with this formula a bit. Originally named for Fei Long's "Rekka-Ken" special move in Street Fighter II, the term is now used for any move of this type in any game.

It's kinda like the FE Clones side b moves, only apply it to all her specials with a catch

This type of playstyle can also fit with her XS1, XS2 and Project X Zone versions of her seeing how her moves can combo into each other

Last edited:

RawkHawk2010

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-5576-5912-4888
Hopefully the Kazuya presentation can give us a KOS-MOS mii! All I need for her is to be in the spotlight somehow.
Yes please. I know some here view Mii costumes as a mark of shame, but a KOS-MOS Mii Gunner would allow Xeno to be represented across all three Mii Fighters which is absolutely something to embrace.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Unpopular opinion: I don’t want a KOS-MOS Mii. Because it’s my belief that unlike first party Miis who are generally safe to be promoted next game, third party miis will remain as such forever. Look at Geno, Heihachi (even though we got Kazuya), Monster Hunter, Gil, and soon to be Lloyd. If KOS-MOS becomes a Mii, I fear she will never become playable…

Luty

Smash Cadet
Unpopular opinion: I don’t want a KOS-MOS Mii. Because it’s my belief that unlike first party Miis who are generally safe to be promoted next game, third party miis will remain as such forever. Look at Geno, Heihachi (even though we got Kazuya), Monster Hunter, Gil, and soon to be Lloyd. If KOS-MOS becomes a Mii, I fear she will never become playable…
I feel like the next Smash will not have Sakurai behind it. I think that the next one will have less characters than this one. The next Smash may not even be called Smash Bros. Unless KOS-MOS has a resurgence in a new game, I do not think she will appear in a next Smash game. I think KOS-MOS would appear as an Ultimate challenger in a new DLC season or bust. Her character goes far beyond guns, hand-to-hand or swords to become a Mii outfit. Not likely to happen.

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
There's no rules so ANYTHING can honestly happen. After Kazuya I swear I will never go into speculation for the next smash thinking there are rules. I dont think a mii costume would doom her. It makes her more popular and if she appears in Xenoblade 3 even moreso. Just my thoughts on it. Heihachi wasn't chosen because his Voice actor passed away and I think it makes sense to have Kazuya as a secondary character for that.

Also.... this is the only time we will probably able to have KOS-MOS as a smash appearance as we are not getting her in ultimate unless some miracle happens and the last character is also a Namco character. Ultimate DLC is done after this. I'd rather have something than nothing.

the unholy Grail

Smash Apprentice
Just wanted to stop by here to give my last minute thoughts/hopes before the presentation. I think We'll see the Lloyd costume come back with a decent chance of a KOS-MOS mii costume (also a Nightmare swordfighter would be pretty sick.) I also think a Jin Kazuma brawler mii costume is guaranteed as well. I'm REALLY joping Sakurai decides to rip the band-aid off early like the Sephiroth presentation so the wait isn't too excruciating.

My secret wish though is that Jin is an echo/alternative costume for Kazuya. That'd be sick even though that's not very likely at all LOL

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Honestly I see no KOS-MOS Mii as a blessing in disguise. She could be a prime Namco candidate for next Smash. Nightmare too, was expecting him to be Mii’d

but as expected Lloyd came back

and welcome to Third Party Mii Hell, Dante, Dragonborn and Shantae. Don’t forget: YOU’RE HERE FOREVER. (At least Shantae comes with a song)

Top Bottom